Why is America so depressing?

Why is America so depressing?
I grew up imagining it as some super-rich sunny white paradise full of polite middle class families

Attached: ohio.jpg (985x459, 78K)

A completely average American house for an average American family.

Attached: IS15p1laise0wir.jpg (1024x540, 148K)

but this is literally how I imagined all Americans (apart from blacks) lived until a few years ago

It's not. America is a sunset cruise through the desert with nothing but some smooth rock and your imagination. America is a camping trip in the Rockies with some cold ones and a friend.

Attached: challenger nevada desert.jpg (1200x800, 117K)

Only 23% of Americans go camping

Every country has shit areas.
Where I live almost all houses look like that desu

That's 77 million people.

It's because you saw Home Alone.

because thats what their ideas promote, the BEST can only be one, the rest is worthless, so they live like that
you will see it go further and further, wealth and property with good living standards for fewer and fewer ppl till theres only ONE left

they love natural selection, so they cull themselfs

You sound like an utter queerboy

>t. camplet

Attached: IMG_2207.png (1395x929, 2.12M)

Am I the only American who hates this shit?

>live in massive house
>don't occupy or make good use of most of your space
>get strapped with decades-long debt just to have a place to stay; consequently tethered to other financial obligations for most of your working life

>single-family home located in a neighborhood of other single-family homes
>no entertainment venues, convenience facilities or restaurants within walking distance, since most U.S. cities have strict zoning ordinances
>sidewalk ends at the edge of your suburb
>if there is public transportation, taking it is stigmatized and associated with poor people, hobos and students
>owning a car is necessary
>since you and your wife/partner probably work at different places, you each own your own car, meaning cumulative payments and insurance premiums probably cost as much per month as a decent apartment
>spend an hour of every day sitting behind a steering wheel, swearing at other drivers
>don't know your neighbors' names
>"muh home is my fortress"
>get scared when people who aren't the postman knock on your door

I fucking hate the Rust Belt. Not rural enough to be quaintly backwards, but not urban enough to be sophisticated, either.

there's small houses too user

>not just saying America has some nice places for camping instead of some hackneyed attempt at poetry and sounding like a total fag

why is the rust belt so shit?

i was just sharing some fun memories friend

its okay lad I just like to bully

It’s just an old industrial area. It’s just a factory and milling economy.

Well. Then why don’t you go live in some tiny apartment in downtown DC and pay $2,400/m. When, you could live 1 hour west, and pay $1,000/m to own your very own brand new house

I don't get why people freely choose to go there on vacation

Because there is a lot to do here and it’s a different place?

I could say the same about your country.

When Google Earth and later streetview were released I always looked up streets and maps of Florida and couldnt believe people could live in such wealth

A lot to do like...? Only worth thing there is the nature and yet the tourist choose the cities

lol no, you can't

I live in northern Virginia, and you can’t live here unless you make over $100,000/yr

The US is big and diverse. Food and people are very different in New Orleans and New York City.. it’s like that everywhere. DC is different from LA. The blue ridge mountains are different from the Rocky Mountains. The east coast is different from the west coast, and the gulf coast. You’re ignorant.

Well. Why go to Spain? people go to Spain to party. Why do that when most countries have their own party regions

it's the american equivalent to northern england

Yeah, most tv shows about the FBI or pentagon etc are shot in the NOVA suburbs. ie Homeland, House of Cards.
Always weird to see the endless rows of mansions and Chevvy Suburbans.

Attached: buzz.0.jpg (1200x800, 80K)

Yeah that’s exactly how it is here. Just to live here you need more than $100,000/yr. But to live comfortable you definitely need more than $150-200k/yr. Though a lot of jobs pay that. One of my friends never went to uni and he just got a job making $130k/yr

thats alot of people

You're delusional, with globalization a brit from London can say the same a nigger from New Orleans or NYC would say. The argument of being big and diverse is a meme itself.

I don't say the US doesn't have nice things but mostly are shit at least where people decide to go, i,e: your cities

>130k per year without a degree
Lmao if you pay that over here people would probably just stop showing up after 8 months and go on vacation for the rest of the year

as opposed to 24% of canadians

NYC is the most iconic city on the planet completely unmatched by anything else in the western world.
You don’t give people shit for going to Paris or Rome if they want to see as much classical stuff as possible then why wouldn’t you go to New York for as much modern things?

>niggers
We aren’t talking about niggers, retard

even if you live in the north you can commute to london or to bigger cities, if youre in the rust belt youre not going anywhere

i have a big house and honestly don't understand poorfags obsessing over "making it" by getting a big house
it's just more taxes and expenses with no good points, unless you got a soccer team family
it's ok if you like it but what's the point? you will have to use all of your free time to keep it in shape
kind of a lame hobby

well money is comfortable. He’s really happy. He said that it makes him smile seeing $10k getting put into his bank account every month.

You just answered your own question: because it is not white anymore.

It's like a rundown, former colonial nation where the Europeans have been evacuated now.

If you work in the heart of London there is hardly any place outside of the greater Metro area that is within a comfortable travel distance.

I agree with you since I don’t want to ever have kids. I won’t have a big house because I have no reason to. But, I can understand why a family man would want his own house with a yard and a pool

why are you getting defensive over something that's objectively shit?

It does. I once got 1k for 1 week of work and I celebrated it by taking a friend to a restaurant

but there are people who do 2 hour train journeys to london, the point is its not entirely out of the question

for that you got Dubai, which is better and even so, it's shit tier tourism
fine, a white guy then, it's the same

the thing is the rust belt was literally pop up towns. The towns formed because of the factories and industry.

So west virginia is the poor as fuck state but northern virginia is rich?

What?
>he doesn’t understand that people have different interests than him

I understand the appeal of big house but I can't waste hours on cleaning it every other day and don't say "just hire somebody", I want people around my house apart from me and my bf

My shitty 3rd world city looks happier in comparison.

Attached: 1543259556703.jpg (2048x1371, 697K)

DC metro area is about the wealthiest plot of land in the world that isn’t some city state. Virginia itself is shit but the part that borders DC is where the FBI, CIA and Pentagon are
I am not really trying to argue I just don’t think living in say Birmingham and working in London is worth it.

can kind of understand, but all the guys like this i've seen in the end cared about the house itself more than about the purpose they got it for
no one can do shit because otherwise you would ruin the garden he took great care of, or ruin the freshly painted wall or whatever
it just seems like a big dick contest with your neighbour to see who has the better house, imo

i know, im not arguing either. but the different in wages is quite significant and for some people the draw is there

Oh yes definitely. The supporting economies are just different. NOVA is just suburbs of DC. Most people work in or close to DC. Massive amount of government workers. Big defense technology companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman. Many large data centers. Infact, 70% of ALL worldwide internet traffic passes through data centers here.

But then West Virginia, their economy is supported off mining fossil fuels. Which is a slowly dying industry.

*I don't want other people (...)

>> 100543944
>visit NYC or LA because some movie
"wow, I had never been to a city"

NYC is nothing like anything you’ve ever seen except if you have been to Tokyo.
Even London doesnt compare in the slightest.

>I want to visit NZ because of LOTR
>”wow, I’ve never seen a mountain before”

> mfw someone talks about depression

Attached: 1548253501253.png (720x1280, 144K)

>unironically wanting to qeue up
"lot of people here, wow"
movie tourism, still shit tier

I’m thankful for you, Russia. If it weren’t for you, we wouldn’t have games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R

So what is good tourism according to you?
Go to ‘obscure’ places with nothing to offer like Galicia?
>OMG I went to a place nobody wants to be found dead THIS is great tourism!

How retarded are you? people travel because they saw something somewhere that sparked their interest. Whether it’s a movie, a book, a picture on the internet. Whatever.

isnt it just lots of big skyscrapers and cars and central park? i mean yeah oversized in everything which is probably cool but is it all that worth it
especially since i dont like any modern architecture

He thinks Ibiza is real traveling

It is nothing but skyscrapers unlike European cities that have like 5 of them scattered throughout the city.
I found it really impressive to see. People visit cities for much less.

their interest is the movie not the real thing
definitely not going to a city to do the same shit you could do at your own city
Ibiza is a theme park for people like you

Well yeah. It’s a dense modern city. It just has a very powerful vibe desu. Lots of good food too. It’s a fun city.

But if you don’t like modern architecture, then you may not find it as fun. I think you’d like Washington DC tho

Attached: 1827D979-3000-4ABF-9312-009F25DA7C3A.jpg (1536x2048, 1.06M)

My own city is small and cute and has 200.000 people living there with the highest building being a churchtower.
Why does it bother you I found a place like NYC marveling?

ofcourse because you are a retarded zoomer with no brain with a tiny cock and no soul, stupid seajew

I'd want to go someplace that's interesting
And an semi-obscure part of Northern Spain sounds much more interesting to me than NYC or LA

Because you're acting as though a tall building is the be-all end-all of what makes a place a good tourist destination

t. Poorfag that can only visit Budapest and neighboring clones

No he’s not

I’ve been to Galicia actually and it is great. I just wanted to point out how obnoxious it is to pretend the only worthwhile form of tourism is going to obscure European regions and visit capital cities.

And NYC is special because it is like 800 tall buildings and pretty much the centre of the world. Things like the London shart are nothing compared to it.

sure, i get that
i just dont understand how one would get an intercontinental fly just for that
if you mix it in a more wholesome usa tour which inclused parks and everything then yeah why not
in general usa doesnt seem appealing to me because it's just too big, any sort of tour would be 95% of time wasted on moving from a location to the other
friends of mine went to nyc ONLY to do new year's eve then came back
can't imagine a worst way to waste money
there's nothing particular that you couldnt find anywhere else, but i understand the "vibe" thing

>I'm a retard
>this is America's fault

>nothing
oh yeah wow, that's definitely a good thing
> America is a camping trip in the Rockies
yeah if you live near the rockies, you're hardly going to do that in the east coast you spaz

>i just dont understand how one would get an intercontinental fly just for that
That’s a good point though. In my case it was mainly because of those low cost flights that make a trip to NYC about as expensive as taking a KLM flight to Spain.
The only real downside is time but I was pretty much a neet so I couldnt care less about flying 10 hours with a stoppage in Iceland

because it's a post industrial area you fucking retard, stop asking retarded questions and acting like they're insults

why do people go to the zoo?

so the rust belt is the best part of america with the soundest people and the least niggers
interesting

commute from the north to London, what are you on? This is patently false

Attached: 1524635639474.jpg (500x375, 68K)

You know there is a train from NYC, Philadelphia, and DC right? It’s very common for tourists to go to all 3 places

>no entertainment venues, convenience facilities or restaurants within walking distance
What? I'm in PA and there's plenty of fancy suburban houses right by bars, restaurants, bowling alley, ect., You probably just live in a shitty area

What kind of question is this? Why do people go to Greece or Japan? Because it's different and interesting

Why does every single tourist insist that the east coast is the only place in America that exists?

East and West coast are the only places connected to the rest of the world in a meaningful way.
People either check out NYC-DC or LA-SF-Vegas

like half a million people max live close to the rockies out of 300 million or whatever
it always makes me laugh americans bragging about their nature when 99% of the population has no ability to see it except on holiday.

Yeah it’s cringy but truth be told there’s plenty of nature around the inhabited parts of the US. Don’t forget the East Coast is stuck inbetween the ocean and a mountain range

>It is nothing but skyscrapers
Does this actually apply to places like Brooklyn or Queens? Sounds kind of exaggerated tobh.

>half a million
more like 20-30 million but yeah I get what you're saying. I'm just spoiled to have grown up in the West where there's a national park every 50 miles.

Attached: rainier night.jpg (1280x853, 426K)

No of course not but at the same time Brooklyn is a cultural heart which is very interesting in it’s own right.

The Rockies are really big user, some states are like 80% mountains. Colorado is quite populated and it's in the middle of the Rockies

Attached: rockies.gif (460x754, 49K)

They're really missing out on some natural wonders of the world

Attached: grand canyon.jpg (750x750, 148K)

that's the dumbest post i've read in months.
that's the point of traveling. people live where the jobs are. not in the mountains or deserts or at the bottom of a lake. for example in california you are within a short driving distance from the ocean/lakes/mountains/gay spas/etc. but that's still a trip, yes.

most people don't care about nature. but you know what, that is good news for the rest of us.

Grand Canyon is part of a Vegas trip.
I know they are 3 times the Netherlands apart from each other but it is easily the most popular inland attraction for European tourists.
Mostly people that go to the west coast visit LA-SF-Yosemite-Death Valley-Las Vegas and Grand Canyon

I live 45 min from the Appalachian Mountains

Attached: 085AFF6B-0EBC-4B0D-9DD4-2C732FABF539.jpg (2048x1365, 392K)

thats from your window where you are shitposting from? nice

>3 times the size of the Netherlands
Is this supposed to be long? Do people from the Netherlands find a couple hour drive to be ridiculous?

>20-30 million
that's a joke, I googled it and the population of all the states adjacent to the rockies isn't half of that

>The Rockies are really big user, some states are like 80% mountains
yeah where no one lives, the population living in the rockies is under 12 thousand, those states are big just because the rockies are in your state doesn't mean you can visit them easily
>Colorado is quite populated and it's in the middle of the Rockies
5 mil, and not all of those can easily get to the mountains looking at google maps distances

>literally repeat what I said
>your post is dumb!!!!
what

great! Is your name 'A significant proportion of the US population'?

Attached: 1510097646405.png (657x527, 26K)

We are a small and dense country. Distances you might consider an acceptable commute are outrageous over here.
When your work is further than 60km away from your house is when you start considering to move.

>that's the dumbest post i've read in months.

this is one of the dumbest threads I've read in months

I really regret we never conquered South America. Because places like Patagonia and tierra del fuego would rather be american so we could build resorts there and promote tourism for our fellow Americans. Also the Amazon forest, etc. Damn shame. Why didn't we discover the new world??