I just got passed over for an interview because I live 15 miles away (<30 minute commute by car) and they're looking...

I just got passed over for an interview because I live 15 miles away (

Attached: 10xnci.jpg (1024x904, 88K)

pretty sure that's a lawsuit

Even if it is, it's not worth it. They said they'd look at "long-range" applicants next, lol

Pretty sure you don't have a fucking clue. "Living far away" is not a protected class, you fucking retard.

I don't even believe this post hahahaha

Dead serious, the dumb part is that the job listing is 1. not in a major city, so finding someone within 5 miles is rather unlikely, and 2. has been up for like three weeks

>15 miles
>30 mins
You must live in a shithole that average speed there is 2 miles per hour

Attached: tenor (1).gif (374x210, 1.46M)

California

It's happened to me as well.
Every time I got an interview through an employment agency, there was always some ridiculous reason why they didn't get hired. Turns out, the agencies I were using were demanding ridiculous placement fees and employers weren't keen on hiring me because of it.
May not be true in your case but it's something to consider.

>boomer math

>15 miles
>30 minutes
>average speed of 2mph

Attached: 538.jpg (421x834, 95K)

quick maffs

>not moving for the job
never going to make it

You had it backwards. 2 mph is 30 miles in 15 minutes.

They're going to hire someone on an H-1B visa

Attached: devilish.jpg (500x623, 71K)

Surely bait. If so 6.5/10.

Probably this, OP.

>not a major city
>takes 30 mins to drive 15 miles

Traffic during wageslave hours just sucks here

Just post a review on glassdoor. This isn't really the appropriate outlet for getting this resolved.

Attached: Your gloryhole.jpg (750x400, 239K)

I work for GE Digital as a software engineer.

When we're trained on how to interview people, we're specifically told not to ask about commute times when we interview people. I'm not sure if there's any law against it but the company is clearly fearful of some sort of liability.

>Asks for advice about employment in a business/finance forum.

Get the fuck out of here OP, how dare you. Is it possible they looked at your resume and just let you down easy? Its a weird request, usually employers just ask do you have reliable transportation and will arrive on time for each shift. etc You would think it wouldn't matter otherwise.