/smg/ - Sock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread:

Attached: nad31.png (783x632, 592K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HFB-l52Ag2Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR GBR, i guess.

What's your target sell price, user?

Attached: 1491876894631.jpg (316x202, 8K)

Furt

That fucking bank pump and dump today hurt so bad

Attached: 1528699741771.png (900x1042, 90K)

5 dollars

Attached: 5725D789-F428-46D3-8EE0-26A0B858B52A.jpg (533x800, 164K)

Will Tesla go up?

Attached: retarded 4.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

Getting my USO puts rdy for tomorrow ~

Attached: 56A05FE8-456C-4696-8890-00DE4328FF2C.jpg (560x840, 131K)

fuck you faggots better not be jumping into GBR you are all going to fuck it up!! stay AWAY

Attached: 1494946363382.jpg (600x584, 388K)

This isn't going to be like QD comfy, this is a moonshot. The reasoning behind this is because big5cuck bitched out of tripfagging shortly after he announced that GBR was on the verge of something big. Now that he is out of the picture, GBR will moon and he won't be here to take any of the credit, creating the perfect storm.

Kinda got btfo by cldc fuggin day trade digits and I get a exit point.
>Rolling for Moon Mission 2: The Journey Home(TM)

I really hope it does. The eventual meltdown will be spectacular.

Attached: 03E72934-ACE3-48B8-B108-E7D3A7860504.jpg (1000x550, 147K)

Kid is bleeding but smiling?

just placed an order for 1 share.

Lulz a shit storm of epic proportions.... lol I'm in too why not.
T.uso options faggot

IT'S TIME NIGGAS, IT'S TIME FOR GBR

Attached: 1492717225299.jpg (410x410, 22K)

you faggots ruin everything!!

just sayin tho
dont all in on oil memes BEFORE oil pulls back. tho i guess GBR is about as low as it gets anyways

heres midcaps vs SPY in times of hi vol tho.
not looking pretty. if vol continues upward i think you should cash out and watch for a better entry. looks like JKI is the most industrious of all of them

Attached: SPY vs midcaps.png (1413x683, 176K)

If I can't have green neither can you

Attached: 1527293891774.jpg (178x180, 12K)

Comfy you needed dubs for this spell. Watch and learn from a pro.

Fuck me. My wand most be having problems performing right now...

Try again pleb

Brb, sacrificing a chicken to Moloch in my backyard.

My wand isn't working either, kneepad gives me energy and she is dying.

Thanks for looking it up! Fugg that isn't looking good. I'll keep looking for an ETF catagory that out preforms SPY the last 10 years. What software are you using?

Attached: ALLSMILES.png (268x261, 98K)

im scared of shorting an oil bull like this. i know itll pull back, i just rather would sell my oil longs at the top and buy in again on the dip

free charts on tradingview.com
you have to sign up tho
i like it tho because it lets me look at spreads and do comparative analysis (which has saved/made me a TON of money this week llol)

Why are you obsessed with RKG when it's not even a girl. That's some dying dude.

true autism knows no bounds

Two large upticks in a row. It’s a gamble obv. I’ll post tomorrow with results.

I wish my autism for stocks would make me more money. FUCKING DIDN'T BUY PED!

>Two large upticks in a row
same reason i sold off desu

judging by retarded futures spread rn, its goin SOMEWHERE. ive never seen it do this

Attached: CL futures spread.png (1412x688, 111K)

Yeah, I sold my UWT yesterday for TQQQ and it went up ANOTHER 10%. I was not expecting that.

yeah i meant to close out my oil longs yesterday at the bell, but forgot. but most of the time when oil bulls, it just goes str8 up for a few days. one thing ive definitely noticed though is that oil selling off from a major peak means SERIOUS volatility

>wagecucks getting free surgeries that cost the company tens of thousands of dollars
SBUX is looking like a buy for sure.

Attached: isn't this discrimination against nontrannies who want plastic sugery to look like how they fee (623x705, 59K)

It went from 30 on june 22nd to 38 june 26th, a 22% inc. So yeah, I was expecting pull back.

Might go for DWTI tomorrow for the memes

ohh.....

Attached: 1529883377884.jpg (250x246, 12K)

I'm really glad I plugged a bunch of mid cap etfs in, pretty obvious which ones out preform the market kek

Attached: shieet.png (1810x786, 322K)

this
i cannot wait to short elons house of cards into the dirt
fuck that shitty memestock and everyone bagholding it.
i have no remorse for the idiots who caused this whole memetech bubble in the first place

yeah man comparative analysis is awesome. its a little bit more to think about, but since youre looking t a fw things t once, its harder to get headfaked

God damn it; the morning started so good that I fell asleep and woke up to see everything blood red

I know that China can't sustain their 2008 shadow banking; heavy real estate economy right now, if they're smart they'll give in before they crash, but their being really fucking retarded so they're going to just crash and take every country on the planet with them
Australia-fags; pull out of construction and mining companies and wait a few months; buy at the all time low in those companies
you'll be more rich by waiting to buy into your crash soon

and MU's going to moon if China's like how I think they are
a proud bunch that realize they're in trouble and will only give into U.S. demands if it looks like a stalemate

Attached: 787.jpg (680x906, 179K)

>tfw have cancer
>company has spare money for genital mutliation, but none for lifesaving treatment

When my liver starts giving out can I get a job as a coffee pourer and have them pay for my surgery?

These next few hours unironically critical for SPY!

If 269.9 can be held
Expect bullrun to 275 .... >:(

If fail
Sexy drop to 265 in order xD

Attached: 20180627_172154.jpg (668x1100, 398K)

Chinese are complete retards, when they blow up it will make 2008 look tame

Literally the worst place in the world to be economically right now. All their numbers are lies and they basically have the worlds biggest credit bubble. There is a reason all the rich are bailing

what am I looking at

Attached: 1486781402680s.jpg (250x123, 5K)

a piss bottle
genius really, tactical advantage that gives you the edge on those long trading sessions

baka knees

Attached: snapshot20070922131548.jpg (704x396, 55K)

Drink more water kneegirl. Also I'm doing my chaos magic ritual for you in an hour and a half, let me know if you feel better.

i literally cannot believe that they are letting the banks sell off like this. unless theyre trying to forecast that were all fucked intentionally. i almost feel like this is a trap or something. if it wasnt for the way the hi yield market was acting, id say this was done on purpose

>I know that China can't sustain their 2008 shadow banking; heavy real estate economy right now, if they're smart they'll give in before they crash, but their being really fucking retarded so they're going to just crash and take every country on the planet with them
yup yup and YUP
still think european financials will be the first to crack, but holy fuck look at OUR banks rn. this is the worst 13 days XLF has EVER had

but youre right. china going under is gonna flush damn near EVERYTHING. it will however give the US a chance to regain footing if we can weather the storm

this is why i was saying tho, ill swing china, but ill never LONG china

Attached: XLF 2.png (1416x683, 63K)

Think MU will go down more, or just sit around 52? Wondering if I should ditch my puts now, or keep holding.

tell me if MU or intel is better

How many times have you changed your entire strategy today?
I count 4.
>never going to make it

dubs she lives longer than a month

I'm just experimenting desu, trying to find some method I like

In a hypothetical case where China crash happens. While the world markets would probably tank too whats the best buy? USA tech after the fall off?

Better for what?

He doesn’t have to. Comfy is gonna be the Cramer of YouTube

>absolutely terrible trader
>people watch my show
Living the dream

Attached: 1486783163147.jpg (355x404, 34K)

for gains tommorow

I would fucking love it if comfer started shouting and smashing things during the pod. It'd be a lot more lively, he could do it outside on video, just fucking up rocks and trees while yelling about the stock market.

>futures
its finally over

Attached: 1528488328479.png (646x700, 166K)

after crash?
EMs
find some EM that doesnt give a fuck about anything. definitely not most of tech. i think were going to see the biggest tech sell off in history this year, and idk how the fuck to pick which ones will survive or not

lol
arent ya glad i talked you out of long silver all year though? too bad i didnt talk myself out of betting against it in the near term

DUBS CONFIRM. I'll shoot shit with my pistol in the next episode

Building his cars by hand in a tent? What could go wrong?!

kek. look at fucking netflix. you would have doubled your money if you invested in january. this shit is overalued. fuck fang stocks. im flat now

Deja vu to 24 hours ago

I'd say it is a coin toss.

did someone say the smart money shift from discretionary to consumer finally happened?

All tech within 72 hours is going to go sharp up, then trade sideways as the people who are scared of tech bubble clash with new news coming out about the trade war deescalating or even ending
All chinese companies will go up as china then revalues the yuan; then probably do the same as tech
All united states production companies of oil will fucking skyrocket; I mean really fucking go up as supply is no longer threatened by China; gas prices will fall

Or;
China will not give in to United States demands; and /smg/ starts a hedge fund in China; then offering credit default swaps on their asset-backed securities
If China works like that. I don't actually know how the nitty-gritty works over there

Attached: good ant hehehe.png (4989x3029, 121K)

>+.10%

who knows, I'm getting tired of his wild ride though

Attached: 3f4paqs16m611 (1).jpg (4032x3024, 762K)

sure did

Attached: XLP_XLY.png (1416x688, 104K)

Ill take it

for the last time, this has literally nothing to do with the "trade war"

the trade war is already happening, and its been happening for months. the reason for recent vol has nothing to do with that tho

then what's this from? What was the catalyst?

youtu.be/HFB-l52Ag2Q

Tesla tent...

he's gonna post the hi yield divergence pic
I guarentee it

Attached: 1504323820417.jpg (482x482, 28K)

mostly Quantitative tightening I would say
it ends the era of cheap money and shit companies are having liquidity problems

futures look flat, slightly green across the three major indices. vix futures red, what does this mean. can someone explain the importance of futures to a brainlet?

divergence of the hi yield market from the indexes. it happened first in febuary, and got worse ever since.

i wasnt gonna cuz im sick of explaining it, but UUUU

what bout you? whats your take on it m8?
do you have any clue whats going on either? cuz i fucking dont. all i know is that if no one holds the debt-bags for these retarded tech memes w P/Es of over 9000, then they will fall. and if tech falls its gonna take most of the market with it. this isnt even negotiable given how weve seen the market overreact on days like when AMZN was the only thing crashing and we went down 2.5% in a day. this is all exactly what ive been saying for months. stop acting like its so fucking preposterous.

im sorry you lost money today, but dont take it out on me. i wouldnt do that to you, bud

>it ends the era of cheap money and shit companies are having liquidity problems
yup
and no one wants to buy their bags (bonds i mean) right now

Attached: HYG tea leaves.png (1420x688, 125K)

I appreciate you senpai. Don't bother with the kids

Down 50k from ATH. I feel like a fucking bagholding coinfag right now.

Attached: f.png (640x360, 187K)

nikkeis no kid
hes MUCH more experienced than i, in both time trading AND skill
i will ALWAYS admit that

i just think this is whats happening because literally everything lines up. after hi yields dump, literally 100% of the time, we get higher vol and the markets playing catch up

>it happened first in febuary, and got worse ever since.

what does the endgame look like for this then?

Dont take my comments so seriously
Im just a bully

nobody said the golden highway had no speedbumps

What's habbening with IQ?

t. Bagholder

what are you gonna do when chris starts coming out with videos that they're selling based on the data?

Then that would officially be the first blow off top on the sp since 1920s, and I would sell when the indicators say to do so

im sry lad
i shouldnt sperg out on ya like that. im just really worried for everyone right now. i dont wanna see everyone go down w this ship if it happens, ya know? i hate seeing people lose everything.

i dunno. techs had it comin for a while. if that REALLY starts to go down, were in for it. big time. if not, i expect more choppy shit like march culminating in a big crash/dip buy. look t the chart. youll see. every orange line was a time where the BB width was almost nothing on HYG. they all looked similar to how HYG looked on friday, but obviously, each one happened for different reasons, and each one had wildly different intensities.

Why haven't you sold?

Like everything in China, it’s a scam

Self hatred and lazyness I guess.
Why did you sell?

chink market is doing th same thing were doing with the bond shit diverging hard all of a sudden
reposting it from last bread (im sorry nikkei lol)

Attached: chink divergence.png (1413x684, 178K)

How do I get free college? It's community so I only need 3k maximum

didnt know that chink bonds dumped... oh my god