Xmr

Monero has been steadily rising the past week. Anyone know whats going on with it/ rumours etc?

Attached: monero.png (1280x1280, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TREZOR/status/1012308383305695232
theverge.com/2018/6/27/17509444/dark-web-drug-market-money-laundering-hsi-dark-gold
lannierose.com/asicbasics.pdf
blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I sold it a week ago. You're welcome

atomic swaps with btc

It's the only coin with a real use case. When it gets 60% of the dark web markets the price will be $20K.

Bitmain is done dumping and weak hands shook out

it's starting to become apparent that the US gov is afraid of it and considering action

soon?
How big is dark web market? But yeh it is, no idea about other privacy coins.
Bitmain? Whats this about?

would this increase or decrease the price though? they can't shut it down and would only validate its value surely

There isn't one reason, its a myriad of factors including hardware wallet, decent mobile wallets, emission drying up, darknet marketers busted again for using old bitcoin, pinkdate and being one of the few non-scam coins in the top 20

any reason why?
Yeh i guess in harsh times turn to something proven. When is all the good stuff going to be released though? This year?

Bitmain is mining with new ASICs and is accumulating the reward, limiting the supply. They probably been doing it for a while and kicked off this rally themselves.

Haven't checked but I bet the hashing power of XMR has been growing lately.

Note they already did this with the previous batch of miners.

XMR is perfect for them to PnD because unlike bcash everything is private, hence regular joes can't keep bitmain's stash under watch for movements.

so this is going nowhere? I've wanted in for a while. trying to play it safe with decent coins after the madness from last year. XMR, BTC, always seem reasonable.

volume is eerily low compared to other coins, not sure thats a good thing

its just the way she goes

Attached: Capture.jpg (1826x1461, 302K)

first, it's the only privacy coin that matters and objectively best currency with true fungibility and a long-term low-inflation of 0.8% (but is currently deflationary)
BUT this is what's really driving price this week:
twitter.com/TREZOR/status/1012308383305695232
and an undercover fed sting operation in which only BTC users were fucked in the ass via chain analysis, something that we've all been calling for years:
theverge.com/2018/6/27/17509444/dark-web-drug-market-money-laundering-hsi-dark-gold
relevant excerpt:
>Melendez declined to give specifics on how the department had linked client wallets to drug transactions, saying simply, “there are tools and technologies that law enforcement uses to conduct blockchain analysis.” (Public records show that HSI’s parent agency spent more than $58,000 on Chainalysis tools in the months leading up to the investigation.)
if you don't buy and hold this to 2020 past the tail emission, you're unironically never going to make it.
>t. bought monero @ $7

Attached: uknown_amount_of_monero.jpg (1121x543, 131K)

Not nowhere. If bitmain is mining again then they'll probably want to accumulate long term and help the price rise however they can. Though right now might not be the best entry for us.

I cant believe people would use bitcoin on the dark web when monero is available. Do you ever get worried US gov would make it illegal? ie not even legal to buy a coffee. only concerning thing about it.

This, thank you for your service, user.

There's also the fact that thousands of bitcoins were apprehended during a crackdown on darknet markets in the US, so obviously a lot of dealers are moving to Monero.

It's an OK coin. A label wich isn't applicable for at least 99.9% of the coins/tokens out there

Yeh just read about it. Not sure why anyone would use bitcoin on darknet markets though.

Most people are dumb as fuck and somehow don't understand that using an immutable public ledger for their sketchy transactions might not be the greatest idea ever.
F. Xmr and Neo are my long term shitcoins. Your sacrifice is appreciated.

>Not sure why anyone would use bitcoin on darknet markets though.
Drug dealers and addicts aren't exactly smart or careful.

>When is all the good stuff going to be released though? This year?

Kovri and bulletproofs def coming this year

>"Dude like... *takes a huge bong rip* ... I heard like, uhuh, it takes like 4 days to sync Romero's wallet pshhh hahahah *cough, wheeze* ... I'll just use bitcoins know whatI'msayin' homie *bongs externally* ...
This is your average Darknet user. The ones who aren't morons will insist on using Monero in the future.

kek

>Bitmain is mining with new ASICs
those chips take months to develop and even more months to mass produce; a shred of market research would confirm this as fact fucking brainlet.
furthermore, the growing hash-rate by the "unknown" proportion is simply various botnet owners re-infecting their drones due to the algo change. it's not a single actor, rather many independent hacking groups doing the same thing.
please, buy z-cash though: see

Attached: monero.jpg (105x799, 21K)

Calm down with the damage control routine. I wasn't even trash talking monero, no need to start flailing around and mentioning random scams.

Bitmain already made ASICs for monero once, who the fuck knows how long it'd take them to do it again? Not you.

where did this idea of taking months to create an asic come from these are the chinese they can do this in a week and they are probably very efficient at it now after creating lots of them for other cryptos.

This is one of the few coins that will reign supreme in the long run. Has potential to be a 1k+ coin easily.

>Calm down with the damage control routine.
i'll be calm when people like you stop spreading lies about xmr, to be frank.
>who the fuck knows how long it'd take them to do it again?
literally do one (1) hour (60 minutes) of research into dedicated chip production. That's all it takes. I know it's difficult when you're not being spoonfed on Jow Forums, but i believe in you anons!

actually you know what? fuck it, this will ensure you retards aren't filling other minds with falsehoods:
>Another important factor in choosing a class of IC is the time it takes to
develop the chip. As shown in the second table, development time may be a
few months for FPGAs, a year or so for ASICs, and several years for full
custom ICs. Some programs take advantage of the best features of all three
classes of ICs by prototyping with FPGAs, beginning low volume production
with ASICs, and converting the design to full custom if the product is
successful in the market and the volumes ramp up to millions.
>lannierose.com/asicbasics.pdf
there is about a dozen other sources with similar estimates -- specific asics, even at an extremely streamlined production rate, would take 7-9 months. if they somehow have a trade-secret production trick up their sleeves, which would be worth more than the scheme of mining shitcoins to dump in the first place, they could _maybe_ get it down to 5-6 months. guess what? monero is hard-forking every 6 months. you think they're going to spend literal 8-9 figures to have at-most a month of mining time? absolutely not, especially considering the ROI takes time in the first place.
until bitmain or others can produce an asic in less than 6 months THAT WILL PAY ITSELF OFF, monero is asic-free. period.
>eagerly waiting some pathetic bitchboy response lacking research and coherence

It takes like 6 months for TSMC to tape out a chip. Maybe they could push it a bit faster given that the new Monero ASIC they'd make is very similar to the last one but the bottom line is chips take a long time to fab.

Monero bricked ASICs once and they'll do it again. If they suspect 6 month periodic hardforks aren't sufficient, they'll do it every 3 months. Bitmain knows this now. The bottom line is Monero isn't being ASIC mined currently, it's just the only PoW coin left for GPU miners to mine.

article discussing this exactly said bitmain can do it easy in 40 days tops

xmr/coke pair when?

you underestimate the chinese i watched a video earlier today about a pcb plant in china and they can deliver a multilayer pcb and populate it etc from the time you submit the design file to the time you receive it at your door in like 8 hours.

>Haven't checked but I bet the hashing power of XMR has been growing lately.
That's because Nicehash is back and Monero is the only profitable coin for hobby miners.

Bitmain doesn't make the actual microchip though. TSMC makes that component and they're the limiting factor. Bitmain can probably slap all of the components together in 40 days but they need the actual processor first.

neat, link the article so i can dismantle your argument OR hit the X in the top-right corner and never come back. jesus christ is everyone a child on here?

this is most likely, there's no way they can go from blueprint to mass-use-ready in 40 days, it's literally simply not feasible.
the fucking asics take 1-2 months to break even anyways so until they're going from blueprint to mass-mining in under 5 months, I ain't even worried.

printed circuit boards are not the same thing as application specific integrated circuits
sometimes i feel like im the only one who actually looks into this shit.

Yeah and if and when they do that it'll be totally obvious by just watching the hashrate spike with unknown pools again. With crypto prices in the tank, Bitmain isn't going to fuck with Monero again when there are other PoW coins out there that are welcoming ASICs. There just isn't enough time for them to make any money mining Monero.

Its generally considered that banning/ criminalizing any item increases its market price.

>would only validate its value surely
exactly, it would signal to every tax evader and hacker and drug dealer that entire world governments are _scared_ of the implications of this coin. there would be panic, but it wouldn't last.
>it's starting to become apparent that the US gov is afraid of it and considering action
good, they should be afraid of it. it is better than them.

blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b
i like how you pretend to know how long it takes to do things let me guess your dad works at bitcoin. this isnt the new graphics card from nvidia which only takes a few months anyways which you should know as a gaming virgin basement dweller these are just miners doing one basic function that they can copy and paste a small component thousands of times.

it already exists just not that liquid :)
actually in all seriousness, coke purity would need to be near-static for that to work

Bulletproof is confirmed for the october HF. But kovri seems to be on a much longer term.

Monero is more volatile than other large coins, like ETH or BTC. So it found its bottom quicker and will surge first., and then peak first. Ride this up and when it crashes hop off onto BTC or ETH. Looking up the XMR/ETH or XMR/BTC trading pairs will help you find out when XMR begins to slow.

There are no fake outs on the 2d MACD. We are going up at least 90%, maybe 400%. We have been going up for the last 4 out of 5 days (and we just turned negative today). After this retracement I would buy a lot of monero if I was going long without leverage.

XMR isn't a collateral coin (it doesn't count towards my account for leverage) for my exchange, like BTC or ETH does, so I normally leverage long in BTC and ETH until I meet my margin limits and then the rest goes into XMR.

Attached: 2d bull cross MACD.png (1629x799, 119K)

no refutal? looks like your the one to press the X button. another one of those cringe psuedo experts.

It's garbage compared to particl

>It's garbage compared to particl

Let me fix this statement for you:
>It might be garbage compared to what particl says it intends to be, but so far particl is just another bitcoin clone, as they literally took most of their code from bitcoin. By the way, particl's privacy features don't even work.

>steadily rising
Are you fucking high or just dumb it's been dumping with bitcoin since the great 2017 crash. Monero is the best currency coin but you're fucking retarded, we are going back to $60 soon.

Kek this will never happen HOLY FUCK you're joking right? Plz tell me you're fucking with everyone.

t. took the bait didn't I

It's like accepting cold hard cash. You can't really stop it. If US government bans it, it'll shoot up in price by 1000%. Literally saying, this is the best privacy coin and we can't control it.

This article is just an opinion piece and even still he states (correctly) that chips can take over a year to design and make with "theoretical" time 6-7 month time savings by having wafers reserved and fabs ready to adapt to hardforks right out of the gate.

You can't even type a comprehensible English sentence let alone begin to discuss chip fabrication and ASIC resistance. You're out of your fucking league, kiddo.

kys normie fag
back to plebbit

I would love to see the faces of the chinks at bitmain when monero decided to nuke their asics.

Love Monero, but it’s getting absolutely justed now

You do realize ASICs have already cracked Monero's new algorithm are are mining it RIGHT NOW...right?

Oh wait, no they're not. ;^)

Attached: 2.png (250x250, 27K)

You didn't like what I said? Probably because you don't own enough Monero to feel comfy

There are no Cryptonight v7 ASICs. Fuck off with your closed source scamcoin.

Seriously dude?

Bitmain is the largest crypto mining conglomerate on the planet. They recently raised like 4billion in venture capital from Sequioa.

I doubt you know what any of this means.

Bitmain was regularly mining Monero up until the recent fork which randomized the hashing algorithm and prevents miners from using dedicated hardware.

This means Bitmain has no interest in monero any longer because they can't consistently mine it. They have been selling off their huge holdingd

>This article is just an opinion piece
says the 30 yo boomer who read some comments on reddit and is now an expert on creating asic miners so that he can come to Jow Forums and school "kiddos"

>ASICs take 40 days to make because I read about it on a blog endorsing ASICs
End yourself.

>blog written by person who literally started a asic manufacturing company is wrong
>redditor says asics take over a year to design
enjoy your negative roi gpu mining rig

Please link David Vorick's credentials as a chip manufacturer. Thanks in advance.

Looking at the daily chart XMR continues down. What're you talking about?!

I don't know... it's in the trash, dude must be using 1 minute candles or something

He might have the deluxe-pro tradeview femtosecond update

ok you must not be able to read more than one sentence here is the second sentence by itself so you can read it better.
>About a year ago, myself and some members of the Sia team started Obelisk, a cryptocurrency ASIC manufacturing company.

Do you still honestly not know the difference between an ASIC box and the actual chip used inside of it that actually crunches the numbers? What's your angle anyway, you think Monero shouldn't even try to be ASIC resistant?