Ok Jow Forums it's time for a serious thread

Ok Jow Forums it's time for a serious thread.

What I am.

>php web developer
>noob knifemaker

As you can see both my work (being a programmer) and my hobby (being a noob knifemaker) do not scale.
I thought about offering a knife sharpening service, but that doesn't scale too,
as in I cant make a shit ton of money with doing my bare minimum.

What are easy and scalable methods of earning some side cash?
Some side-hustle ideas please.
Something with t-shit designs? But I am no designer.

>inb4 kneepads
the do not scale.

oh and i prefer a legal side hustle.

Attached: yzymoneys.png (1382x818, 477K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WzA_kBOMIj0
monstermafia.xyz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

make multiple websites about selling t-shirts with knives

>web developer

You're not a developer lol

yup I am a wagecucker.

I fint it especialy pathetic that people argue about programming languages

>hurr durr you are not a true dev if you dont program everything in C

The pay is fine, I am well off, but still the wagecucking get's to me, so I want some side hustle ideas BOIS!

kek

Attached: 03202136-CountDankulaCover.ab94b306.jpg (960x540, 89K)

>creating a shiny UI for front end users is at all comparable to designing a back end API to crunch billions of rows of data in an efficient manner and deliver the actual useful information

BTW back end Dev/architecture design will see you much more wealthy

Goys for fuck sakes, I am a back end PHP developer of one of the biggest meta search engines. I can't say in more detail about it for doxing purposes. My job is fine and the pay is good.

I am just, tired of the office wagecuck life, oh and btw, I don't really like programming that much.

Attached: unsplash_52d3d6f9853e9_1.jpg (1944x1307, 454K)

Bro Dev life is comfy as fuck, we dress how we want, show up when we want and have shit tonnes of free time. The only caveat is getting your work done, if you're half decent this stuffs a breeze

I agree with everything what you say.
Still it's a wagecuck life. You sit at your desk in the office, doing your basedboyish tasks, which require you to press buttons, create some architecture where no one except other basedboy geeks care, obeying the office political correct laws and etc. when you could bein the outside world doing something really challenging, that is challenging you as a man. And this thread is not about this line of work and its pros and cos.

Attached: smith.jpg (1952x1299, 500K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WzA_kBOMIj0

If you are a developer your work scales a FUCKING TON, wth are you doing?

please do explaing me how a wagecuck job (working a back-end dev job for a big corp.) scales?

Attached: photo-1509155502001-e23f63f4043e.jpg (1950x1300, 458K)

Don't do for a big corp... solved

almost all tech startups fail, also read the posts above, I dislike my line of wagecuck work.

How about dropshipping?

Attached: 29829479_2338191782861429_1840130741_o.png (1348x812, 397K)

You want the easy way out. Dropshipping is saturated and it doesn't pay even close of what you would receive freelancing as a decent programmer.

You fit the profile of:
>> If it's too hard you don't wanna do it
>> You don't seem to really take yourself accountable so you are blaming "big corporations"
>> You don't take risks "almost all tech startups fail"
>> You are looking for the usual money traps, that gurus sell a bunch (dropshipping) - almost all asian products you dropship are already getting filled on amazon with 3 to 4 days shipping time, good luck competing with that, it is possible to be successful but the odds are slim. You could buy inventory though (high risk - medium reward)

You want it easy my friend. My advice, take a fucking risk.

nice analysis, but well you are wrong.

I gave an example, and thanks to you now I know is a bad choise.

I don't bale big corporations, I believe that continuing my wagecuck job is the safe and easy way.

As I mentioned before programming is not my thing, its just work for my, knifes is what I am very fond of and I love to work whit my hands and create something real, but it doesnt scale (that doesn't mean that I will stop doing it)

I just want some easily scalable side hustle ideas like growing thujas (i forgot to mentioned that I live in a village, so I have a lot of land)

Attached: lvcrab-1-web.jpg (1200x630, 56K)

Land work doesn't scale as well. Literally, software is the easiest thing to scale, but since you want to change careers, I would try to build a product (something that needs constant replacement is favourable), test it, find an audience, sell it locally (same country) if it's successful, try to raise the margin until you see a decrease in sales, keep the margin before the decrease. outsource the production, warehouse, boxing, and shipping. All you have to do is keeping the supply, demand ratio on a healthy state. Then try to work around the product and see if you can improve it. That's the gist of it and it is fucking hard.

Post knife pics. This is my bunk ass forge I made 10 minutes ago because my burn barrel gets too fucking hot

I uhh, forgot the pic

Attached: 20180628_151331.jpg (4032x1960, 3.9M)

These two are my latest creations, but remember I am still a noob in this line of work, but it feels great. I am currently renewing my workshop from the ground up, so the knife-making part is on hold currently.

Attached: edgy.jpg (893x893, 123K)

What are you doing for metal? I have horses so my farrier gives me free big ass files for material, Im just having trouble annealing them to a hardness I can work with

You’re a smart guy.

>pic one of my older tries
I mostly buy the 80 CrV2 steel, which is relatively cheap but for my first knifes I dont need anything fancy, I just enjoy the process of making and learning as I go.

Big old files sound like a lovely material for knifes. And what problem do you have whit annealing them? Just get them hot enough and let them air cool, if it doesn't work at first just give it another cycle.

Thanks but sorry for my bad grammar, english is not my first language.

Attached: 31067455_2372623006084973_6508040051002179584_o.jpg (1080x1080, 163K)

Come and help me - monstermafia.xyz/

Building this by myself at the moment

Trading, you just need to scale your account size. Other than that, you need
>Wifi & laptop
>A dry place
>Water

If you can program PHP, why not just learn Java, too?

You should be fine.

kek, most reasonable answer in this thread.

I've mentioned in the comments that I dislike and why this line of work.

>pic crypto shill

Attached: 1526497948232.jpg (758x758, 65K)