Have any Americans ever actually managed to learn a language due to "muh heritage" ?

Have any Americans ever actually managed to learn a language due to "muh heritage" ?

Attached: 1394677007584.jpg (600x514, 43K)

nah

Americans are incapable of learning a language.

One of my Mexican-American classmates was a Germanaboo. He learned German, went on an exchange trip to Germany, got a German gf. Then they did a long-distance relationship and he moved to Germany. He is now working on German citizenship.

There was also a German-American girl who went on the same exchange trip. She never learned German past "ein Bier, bitte."

also, he married that German girl, so that probably makes his citizenship easier

While not muh marriage, I can perfectly understand Swedish because of a town I live near speaks it 100% of the time

That's not really "muh heritage" if he's Mexican, though.

>Mexican-American
He's not American in anyway, nigger

Attached: make_america_mexico_again.jpg (636x185, 37K)

What about yourselves?

I already speak one of my heritage languages (due to parents speaking it at home) and I’m learning two more (old English and Classical Arabic). It’s going well if you ask me. I took a bunch of Spanish in high school, so I know how to learn a language pretty well.

We have scotch gaelic, Ulster gaelic and Welsh. We speak many languages on these Isles.

Muh heritage is primarily English. I've studied several other languages but I'm not fluent in any of them because I've never had ample opportunity for real world practice.

I'm contrasting him with the girl who was a "real" German-American, and never learning past phrases and ordering in restaurant. She came back and always reminds people that she went to Germany for a semester though

German is too hard, barely made any progress. most Germans speak English anyways

Northern Irishmen don’t speak ulster Gaelic, scots don’t speak Scottish Gaelic, and the welsh (mostly) don’t speak welsh.

I taught myself German a few years back but had forgotten most of it because I never use German.

Now who's muh heritaging, you don't speak a word of any of those.

there is a burger who posts on /deutsch/ sometimes
his german is okay for a burger

Attached: gold.jpg (912x905, 96K)

>German is too hard
Linguists usually put it in tier two for how easy it is for English speakers. (Meaning it’s very easy comparatively)

Expect these are not languages that they learned, the few people who speak those are brought up with those languages

I post very occasionally but I doubt you're referring to me

Yeah, Russian and French.

Here’s the map
A lot of Irish schools teach Irish. Sort of how a lot of Greek schools teach Classical Greek.
They mostly can only say “ooga booga” in Irish, but some of them get at least semi-fluent.
Idk about the other Celtic languages though.

pycки kike gang

>most Germans speak English anyways
I'm not so sure

Not really sure I want to take the time to learn Swiss German

Dammit, everytime
here’s the map

Attached: 376DB300-725A-4A21-8A4C-D7720BD81210.png (750x670, 126K)

>Let me tell you about your country.

Attached: 1546562162032.jpg (612x428, 97K)

What are those dots inside Romania?

Attached: mvd assault son and dad.png (760x630, 136K)

I think a good amount of Americans can at least speak Spanish on some level.

Obviously this is shit and I don't mean to defend our lack of extroversion but at least there's that.

Also there are people from Latin American and Asian backgrounds who are bilingual by default. I'm Venezuelan and Portuguese and speak both.

They are quite wrong about French.

Reading French is easy, spoken, not so much.

Go to sleep, Annelies

Hungarian I think

Gypsies.

What town is that? Im curious

most of the ones I've talked to online seem to hold English conversations pretty well. I think the only people who don't speak English are boomers, but they were socks and sandals, so not of value is lost.

I’m glad they’re not anymore.

why are goblins like you so cringe?

>yurocucks who can barely form a coeherent sentence in english shits on Americans
>mfw the only guy who I've seen on /lang/ to actually know a foreign language was an American
LOL

I did, being not even sure about heritage. But the language is close to my native one and I'm not 100% fluent in it yet. I mean, I can read articles in Wikipedia, but books can be a problem.

Learned Polish.

According this map Spanish is as easy for an English speaker as Swedish does.

Really not sure.

lmao ok

I'm not an American of course, just wanted to write.

Lets converse in "Ulster Gaelic" then

yeah english because my ancestors moved here and helped create the greatest superpower in human history

Have any Irish people managed to learn a new language due to "muh heritage"?