Should I do it?

engadget.com/2018/06/28/amazon-delivery-service-partner-project/

Is this worth me dishing out 10k?
Every source I've seen so far is just sucking off amazon. Makes me skeptical.
What are the real risks involved?

Attached: amazondeal.jpg (2238x815, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2018/06/28/amazon-delivery-service-partner-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you probably end up making the same money doing uber or lyft. dont be deluded based bezos will not let you making real bank...

I am halfway through my application. You need $30k in liquid assets (meaning cash in the bank) which I am just shy of so I have to liquidate some stock to finish. Unfortunately the stock market has been taking a shit so I'm trying to wait a week or two. And of course, not selling any crypto right now. That being said, it's not like this is some sort of fucking easy money. You will be responsible for building a business, with some support from Amazon (kind of like opening a franchise). Believe me, most people would fail to make enough for it to be worth the massive amount of work. This is likely why they have a vetting process to begin with.

just download the flex app.

Amazon is gonna buy everything eventually, might as well take the plunge.

Attached: 0190123.jpg (319x314, 60K)

Oh, that’s cash on hand? Boo. I’m not going to liquidate my holdings just to have enough cash on hand to apply.

only one thing to say about this: single point of failure

Yea, kind of silly. I only keep any cash in the bank as "oh shit" money... if I got approved and needed money I'd still liquidate assets for that money, not spend my cash.. but whatever.

You've literally been able to do this for years

Right, but this is streamlined and comes with "support" from amazon. Honestly sounds like a great time to start. Am I just way off base here? I have the money for it right now. Seems like a good idea.

fuck. im a vet, should i suck bezo's dick cause he will pay me back 10bands? doesnt seem like a bad idea desu. also fuck man. I wish I cashed out in jan when i still had 30k. now i have fucking 4k.

I think it's a decent investment. Probably won't make a whole lot of money until you own a fleet of delivery vehicles.

The article says Amazon uses USPS and UPS but I get amazon deliveries from amazon vans all the time. Theyre plain white Sprint vans. This is in Los Angeles.

Kill yourselves

t. UPS truck driver

sky miner 2.0

Do you understand how little money you will make?

They said if you have 100 employees then you might make about 300k a year in profit. That is jack shit for that number of employees.

Ups driver here as well

Let these fuckbois waste their money. Unless you are a fucking boss and have a bunch of routes, you are going to be working 6-7 day work weeks to make ok money. Look at the FedEx ground system. I know a few owners, they don’t make much and have a shit ton of responsibility.

Also wanted to add, this here ups driver worked 5 days, doesn’t have close to the level of responsibility as an amazon owner would, and took home almost 1700usd last week

I also get to go to my psychiatrist for a 20 dollar co pay to get my pharma grade amphetamine next week. The meds cost 5usd. Have fun paying for your own insurance doing that amazon bullshit, also enjoy no paid time off..... fucking idiots

I'm not really asking for your opinion. If you think $300k/year profit is bad you should talk to any number of F500 businesses with thousands of employees who report losses every year. My assumption is what they're considering "profit" is the pool you have to pay yourself out of. Frankly I could get by on $50k, and their lowball figure is $75k, which allows me $25k to re-allocate into the business. I could buy a significant number of more vans for that, or start buying distribution routes from other companies and expand that way. It's kind of a no-brainer to me. Literally my best skills are my managerial, customer support, and operational skills. I have no doubt by running one of these I'll be on the upper end of earners. Get me $200k/yea and let me pump $100k back into the business and I'll build a business netting $1MM+profit in 5 years time, no questions. You worry about yourself.

>Also wanted to add, this here ups driver worked 5 days, doesn’t have close to the level of responsibility as an amazon owner would, and took home almost 1700usd last week
The only way this is true is if you worked 60+ hours. Lets see your pay stub.

I worked 56 hours. My pay rate is around 36hr. I’ll post my stub when I get off. Hi

lmao so this is how bezos makes his money lmao

I did the math and you grossed about $2300 assuming 36 is your base rate and you get time and a half after 8 hours. You're telling me there are UPS driver clearing $100k a year?

I’m on track to make 110 this year. I don’t have state tax either where I live which is why my take home is good. I also claim 0.

>I don’t have state tax either where I live which is why my take home is good.
Ah. I didnt enter this variable into my equation. If I make $2400, the state of california income tax is $180 and I'll also pay $24 into the state's disability pool. pic related.

Good grind, my dude, but maybe if you didnt grind so hard you wouldnt need a shrink and meds. I rarely work more than 40 hours a week. You gotta think about your longterm health.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.43.46 AM.png (914x356, 45K)

Yeah, this is just Amazon realizing they cant roll out Amazon Vans everywhere so they need people to expand for them. Then when they see enough demand in an area, theyll setup shop and take over.

class A driver, though, right? no wayy $110K to drive a box truck around

I have the option to be relieved of excessive over time on the 3rd day of the week. Anything over 9.5 hours per day after the second day in a work week is paid at triple hourly rate. I currently and not exercising that right as I’m saving up for some big vacations this year. I usually do exercise that right and work only 45-47hr a week. I use my script for fun, I don’t use it for work. I’m also in amazing shape compared to all my peers who have office cuck jobs.

checked. this user gets it. amazon is letting tards like OP do their market-testing for them. OP, do not do it. start your own delivery company and get your own contracts

Regular drivers license. There are ups sleeper team drivers with class a that make 130k a year.

i'm aware of those, but i was unaware that a route-driver in a box truck could pull in over 6 figures. that's amazing. have you been there a long time to get $36/hr? also, do they have hair-testing for pre-employment drug tests? seriously interested for that amount of money

No drug tests. It took me a while to get a full time driving spot. There are guys now who get a full time spot within a year. Starting full time driver pay is 18.75. After 4 years of driving you max out. Top rate aka max out in 4 years will be around 39hr

The job is not for everybody. I’ll say that.

that's great. thanks for the info. i will definitely look into it. i have my class A already and over a year of driving experience. this may be a good option

>Spend 10x more to build a fleet
>Hire people for a company which has 0 contracts
>Go out and try to get contracts with no brand behind you and no track record for doing this business
>Or buy distro routes for $10-$100k a piece and hustle
>Maybe build a business netting like $30k profit your first year

OR

>Get 20-40 vans, 50-100 employees, instant customers and revenue for $30k or less, be backed by the Amazon brand name, spend zero on logistics because they do it for you, only have to worry about hiring and keeping your employees happy, and expanding your business.

It's a very tough decision, user.

>no drug testing
Wait what?! I thought for sure you'd be tested randomly. Are you in a legal weed state? Please tell me what state cause if it's a comfy state like montana or washington imma be super jelly.

>I'm not really asking for your opinion.

Then don't fucking post. You do the math. 300k / 100 employees. 10k starting gets you the loans for I thought they said 2 vans and 5 employees (including yourself). Giving you a grand total of 15k in profit a year!

They're estimating $300k in PROFIT, you fuckwad. Millions in revenue. Jesus christ, children.

With exactly zero details. Do you know how to manage 100 employees? Where are you putting all these vans? You are going to hire your own mechanic, right? Someone to do all the basic stuff, like change oil, wipers, tires, etc. Do you know how to do bookkeeping? What about taxes? Are you going to pay an accountant $5000 to do your year end taxes? Can you do payroll? No, then are you paying for PayChex and factored in the cost of that. I see zero details and you just have to face the fact that Amazon is not in it for your interests, but theirs.

No drug test my dude. Unless you get In a very serious accident with a death or possible death. Honestly. I haven’t heard of a driver getting tested in my building after accidents. I had an accident years ago, no test after.

Honestly, go talk to a FedEx ground guy. They use the same basic contracting model. Everyone I know hates their life.

What state tho

Don’t wanna give too much personal info. We have medical weed here. Only class a 18 wheeler drivers get ramdonly tested at ups. Remember though that dot is federal and marijuana is still federally illegal. If you piss hot your done for even if your state has legal weed. Nobody has taken this to the Supreme Court yet.

>They'll completely own the business they put up, except they'll have a contract with Amazon that prohibits them from using the discounted vans to deliver anything else other than the tech giant's packages.
completely own

>Don’t wanna give too much personal info.
Fair enough. I'm so sick of Los Angeles and California that I often fantasize about moving to another state with jobs and legal weed.

>Get 20-40 vans, 50-100 employees, instant customers and revenue for $30k or less

user, did you miss the part in the article where they mentioned you would have to pay for employees, and the van is at a discount price?

Have you ever worked in accounting or finance, let alone ran a successful company?

That’s all part of the set up. They want you to succeed, because that’s more competition in the delivery arena which drives down their costs. They also want you at that sweet spot of large enough so quite obviously your drivers work for you and not amazon (and you shoulder liability if you hire a rapist), but not so large you can go rogue and decide to not deliver until they give you more money. In exchange, you basically get a budget that you get to keep so long as you’re efficient. That initial 30k is to cover amazons cost of helping you get set up, which is honestly pretty small all things considered.

Wow, you have to PAY your EMPLOYEES? Jesus fucking christ, what a nightmare!
And you have to BUY VANS for a VAN DELIVERY business? AND YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM AT A DISCOUNT? OH, THE HORROR!
>Brainlet image

If you bothered to read you'd realize they literally take care of all of these logistics for you. You are a true fucking moron. Congratulations.

What about partnering up on this? I was looking to apply as well. Open to going half on the investment and work?

I admit I didn't see the part where you operate your vans out of an amazon center, that said you still need an office.

I have an office in my house. I'm not an idiot, I've done enough research to know this is worth researching further. The application costs nothing and if I get accepted I'm sure I'll get to ask all of my questions, but I've been evaluating buying businesses or franchising over the last year and all things considered this seems like a relatively good opportunity. Low financial risk with high potential revenue.

>engadget.com/2018/06/28/amazon-delivery-service-partner-project/

how to apply? amazon offering this to rest of worlk like asia and eu?

>The company also says that participants have the potential to earn up to $300,000 in profits every year for a 40-vehicle fleet. Those who choose to go all out and get 40 vans for their business would obviously have to shell out more money, though, especially since they'd need to employ around 100 drivers to run things smoothly.

Running a business with 100+ employees and only making 300k profit a year. Embarrassing. You're working for amazon, you don't own your own company.

See I just think that people see 4.5 million in revenue and 300k in profit and their eyes light up. They disregard the 4.2 million in expenses and it would be so easy to bankrupt yourself.

If you're going to do it, I would honestly be fascinated to see how you do. Will you post future Amazon van threads? I have 56k liquid right now and I was gonna buy a house with it, but now I'm wondering. Got business sense, have worked operations for 15 years. Think the worst part would be hiring drivers who actually do the job.

But he has a home office brah

Better be a big one to manage 100 employees.

>Get 20-40 vans, 50-100 employees, instant customers and revenue for $30k or less

Just quoting your incorrect statement. Also
>high potential revenue
Your "business" is capped at 40 vans and 100 employees based of off the article, and what amazon posted. If these are capped, and the high estimate for profit is 300k, I can't imagine that you have that high of potential for revenue. Even if there is, with a max possible profit of 300k, seems like a low risk, low reward situation.

can this be done on pajeet land? any ideas

This guy has no clue about anything. FYI my center that has 60ish routes has 3 supervisors that directly handle the drivers, as well as one supervisor thar handles customer calls. On top of that, the load side of things has 20 or so part time supervisors. You have no clue what your getting into senpai.

Is amazon going to use a driver sort and load system, will it be seperate pre loaders? What are the penalties for not delivering their required % successfully every day? Who is responsible for contacting drivers for information concerning eta times? If one of your vehicles is down, are you responsible for getting a rental? Your gonna get fucked brah

i hope you're good at vetting and hiring people constantly. talk to anyone in management at a transport company. you're better off with option 1 since you're building it yourself. walking before you can crawl is going to bite you in the ass

bro, so according to your post above, i can drive a route at ups in a box truck (easy af) and not have to pass anything but a physical and no random drug tests?

Yes. You will have to load trailers part time at pajeet wages until you get a full time driving gig. Could be 1 year, could be 3

And easy af....far from it. The turn over and amount of people who can’t qualify is crazy.

ok, good to know.
i meant easy af for me. i'm not most people and am aware of what the job entails.

>$300,000 in profits every year for a 40-vehicle fleet
so me and say, two buddies pool together and get three trucks, looking to profit 30k based off biased estimates. fucking fuck that

FedEx ground guy here. Can confirm. If you do this just bend over and take it.

I feel for u guys. I’m good friends with the home delivery guy and the ground guy on my route. I heard fedex is making you guys work together now? Wtf?