Bitcoin Cash Fees as Price Increases

If BCH was ever to reach $1,000,000 and fees were at 1 satoshi per byte it'd still cost roughly $2.5 to send a transaction. Alternatively it'd cost about $.5 per transaction at $20,000. Is my math wrong? How are fees going to stay cheap this far into the future?

>inb4 measuring in USD

Attached: 1528496880486.jpg (741x568, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4816.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 10562386254.png (205x246, 5K)

I meant to add that these far off fees aren't cheap btw. Cheap fees would still be under a penny.

You are correct.
BCH "solution" is only temporary, while BTC solves this problem via LN at the cost of centralization.

LN doesn't work though. It fails to route constantly and there are a whole host of problems with it.

you can add more decimals or you can already pay less than 1 sat/byte or attach zero fee, miners will still include the tx

If nobody is paying the miners then there will be no incentive for the miners to maintain and secure the network. Realistically bitcoin needs another 2-4 zeros...

Is it possible to HF in more divisibility for bitcoin without breaking the system?

yes

>if bch becomes so successful the fees will be too high and nobody will ever possibly know how to fix it!
im a core boar now

Gee if only there was a way to change the fee structure

I support BCH, I'm just looking to the future and the hurtles involved. If is possible then its literally a non-issue, but I've never head anyone talk about it before...

minimum fee is not 1 sat per byte it's 1 sat per transaction you brainlet, and bch is a scam

Attached: 1510014120866.png (1174x746, 105K)

stay dumb

Attached: kahvia suurenmoista.png (776x801, 43K)

>1 sat per transaction
Where the actual fuck are you getting this from?

it is absolutely possible, has been in discussion for a long time (see bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4816.0 from 2011, theymos and genjix == amir taaki responses)

but we all know how BTC core devs are against hard forking... BCH would do it if necessary though.

sat per byte is just a meme from the wallets' UI, the fee is simply the leftover from your transaction, you sign a 1.23456890 input with a 1.23456889 output and the fee will be 1 sat

You can pay less than 1sat/byte, brainlet. You can pay whatever fee you fucking want, it just has to be a multiple of 1 sat.

people will have to upgrade to suppprt the new shit, no big deal

Thanks anons. Really no big deal then.

I've always had to pay at least 1 sat/b. Using Electron wallet and I pull the slider all the way over to the left.

Attached: bchfee.png (201x39, 1K)

dont use the slider, set the output amounts manually

Anything I enter in that is less than 1 sat/b gives me an error. "insufficient priority".

Attached: no.png (990x132, 7K)

It would be patched to allow denominations smaller than one satoshi.
This has been known for years, BTC will need this too one day
Literally not a problem

You guys talking about your internet money again

then its a bug, file an issue on github. wallets should allow any custom fee down to even zero, since miners have agreed to always allow some free transactions into the blocks you will eventually get into a block by paying zero fee if you are not in a rush. right now and for years to come it will probably get in the next block.

>it will be patched
I don't think you understand how distributed software works

>it will be patched
That's essentially what a fork is.

You're a fucking retard. If such a situation happened a few more digits would be tacked onto the end of the the number to further divide satoshis into smaller units. This can happen infinitely which is why Bitcoin works in the first place.

Seriously dumbcunts like you shouldn't posting or reading Jow Forumsbitcoin because you don't understand because you aren't intelligent enough. Do something smart for once in your life and buy Bitcoin Cash aka the real Bitcoin.