Do you have any interesting minorities in your country? We in Finland have a minority of Russians...

Do you have any interesting minorities in your country? We in Finland have a minority of Russians, and Swedish speaking finns. The russians usually live at the eastern border while the swedish speaking live near the western coastal provinces.

Attached: benis 2.jpg (320x320, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipka_Tatars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most Russians live in Helsinki. Russian crime bosses have vacation homes in SE Finland.

We get lots of Venezuelans with college-level education, however many of them end up working at customer service

Cagots
Maragatos

We have everything you can think of. It's like visiting another country inside your own sometimes.

do you have well behaved black people

Yes actually, if they are an extreme minority then they're well behaved. My grandma used to distinguish niggers from black people by how well spoken they were.

Do you have tigers?

Attached: T I G E RS.jpg (1280x904, 281K)

Strangely, enough time has passed where Wogs are seen as very typically Australian in our culture. For some reason other groups of people still feel foreign but the Aussie-Wog accent is pretty deeply ingrained in Australian culture.

no

Attached: sad pepe.png (1092x1037, 27K)

>interesting minorities
>swedes and russians
We have karaims and tatars who descent from Vytautas' royal guard. Nomadic muslims who have settled around Trakai castle about 600 years ago.

>interesting minorities in your country

Attached: 1533166028147.png (394x360, 173K)

just imagine how lucky these Russians are, if they were born 5 km to the east they would be probably killed/gulaged or simply lived in miserable poverty but since their ancestors 150 years ago decided to settle 5 km to the west, they now live in one of the best countries on earth

The Naga people in north eastern india are kinda like native americans.

Attached: nagas.png (1024x575, 1.18M)

All kinds of shitskins, most weird are Circassians, basically Caucasian Muslims which the Ottomans relocated here in the 19th century, they don't actually practice Islam and are bros.

can't you just import a few T-I-G-E-R-S?

Attached: 1513300706870.jpg (900x636, 156K)

Russians never settled in Finland

What? 5k east of Helsinki is Porvoo

so how they appeared there? i guess there were some settlers in 19th century, especially old believers

The border was redrawn in 1945 after the war

Jesus stop embarrassing us

I didn't say about Helsinki, just OP said Russians in Finland live at the eastern border

so they were even more lucky

Russians moved to Helsinki in late 19th century and after Russian revolution

would you want to be born in Russia instead of Finland? Come on

There was some kind of repatriation in 90s if you claim Ingrian ancestry

They are recent arrivals

In 1928 collectivization of agriculture started in Ingria. To facilitate it, in 1929–1931, 18,000 people (4320 families), kulaks (independent peasants) from North Ingria, were deported to East Karelia, the Kola Peninsula as well as Kazakhstan and Central Asia.

The situation for the Ingrian Finns deteriorated further when in the fall of 1934 the Forbidden Border Zone along the western border of the Soviet Union was established, where entrance was forbidden without special permission issued by the NKVD. It was officially only 7.5 km deep initially, but along the Estonian border it extended to as much as 90 km. The zone was to be free of Finnic and some other peoples, who were considered politically unreliable.[4][9] On 25 March 1935, Genrikh Yagoda authorized a large-scale deportation targeting Estonian, Latvian and Finnish kulaks and lishentsy residing in the border regions near Leningrad. About 7,000 people (2,000 families) were deported from Ingria to Kazakhstan, Central Asia and the Ural region. In May and June 1936 the entire Finnish population of the parishes of Valkeasaari, Lempaala, Vuole and Miikkulainen near the Finnish border, 20,000 people, were resettled to the areas around Cherepovets and Siberia in the next wave of deportations. In Ingria they were replaced with people from other parts of the Soviet Union, mostly Russians but also Ukrainians and Tatars.[2][4]

Both Ingrian Finnish and Izhorian populations all but disappeared from Ingria during the Soviet period. 63,000 fled to Finland during World War II, and were required back by Stalin after the war. Most became victims of Soviet population transfers and many were executed as "enemies of the people".[2][4][9] The remainder, including some post-Stalin returnees (it was not until 1956 that some of the deported were allowed to return to their villages), were outnumbered by Russian immigration.

This is an "Ingrian Finn"
very Finnish appearance

Attached: Aleksei_Kangaskolkka.jpg (800x800, 93K)

>They are recent arrivals

so why do they settle down in villages at the eastern border where there are no jobs, instead of big cities?

so they're not Russians then

Attached: 1547942400616.gif (250x194, 47K)

They speak Russian as native, grew up in USSR and are perceived as Russians

They settle in cities I've been to Kotka and it's full of Russians

being born in Rayakoski means probably the most unfortunate fate in the world

just think, 1 km to Norway, 5 km to Finland, you see these countries every day from your commieblock, but you're stuck in Russia and you can't do anything with it

Attached: screenshot-www.google.pl-2019.02.01-16-59-53.jpg (1095x716, 773K)

Dude is more Caucasian than 80% Finns
Finns can't into cherry-picking

Attached: aleksei.jpg (750x422, 80K)

>more Caucasian
t. Dmitrishvili

I'd rather live in Russia than north Funland or Norway. At least something interesting could happen in your life, such as end up in a traffic complication video on youtube.

He has admitted he supports Russia in hockey
I don't know why we allow him to stay

We have about 2000 tatars. They've settled here back in 14th century or so, and they still practice islam.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipka_Tatars

We used to have Germans
We used to have Poles
Most interesting minority here are Jews who are oldest inhabitants of this land

we have too many to count, 9000 varieties of peculiar europeans, and curious religious sects from germany, and of course there's at least 50 of each strange group from round the world living in each of our most famous major gargantuan cities

germans and poles in that region? how did that happen?

they came to work in the oil industry in 19th century

btw, the plot of one of our most important classical novels is set in Baku

After Napoleon wpierdoled Prussia and Poles they migrated to the Russia
And Russia send them to the Georgia and Azerbaijan
They settled here for more than 100 years. In first Azerbaijani and Georgian republics, some germans were MPs
Then Stalin in 1941 send some of them to the Kazakhstan and killed some of them
They created two cities and wine factory here

Prior to WW2 we had plenty Volksdeutsche whose presence dates back to the early Middle Ages, some of them were assimilated into the local population during Ottoman occupation as reflected by surnames like Sasinović derived from the patronymic root word Saxon
Our Sephardis are also pretty influential, pic related the tombstone of a Jewish scholar on Islam and Persian literature who later became a Jewish Sufi, possibly the only tombstone in the world written in both Arabic and Hebrew script

Attached: CaCWtzCWYAAXqeq.jpg (960x477, 109K)

that's a really pretty gravestone

You should see catholic cemetaries.

...thanks, I guess(?)
I mean it's not like I'm myself buried there to consider it a compliment in the first place and I'm not inclined towards identifying with my countrymen whether their ethnicity or religious affiliation