Be software engineer early 20s DC area, make in the top 1-2% of salary for people my age

>be software engineer early 20s DC area, make in the top 1-2% of salary for people my age
>married and have a combined income of 130k
>make higher than the median household income in one of the 3 richest counties in the US
>still can’t afford a basic entry level house, can only afford to buy a condo

How the fuck is this right? Someone in the top half of income can’t buy a basic single family home.

Meanwhile I know some boomers in this area who live alone and have shitty 50k jobs who own a house because they bought before I was born when things were cheap

Attached: DA6D71F4-12B1-468D-B910-2DD643F394D4.jpg (800x450, 76K)

faggot
Boomers deserve to be alone and misery btw

It's not right, things need to be normalised. Been like this for over a decade over here in the south of England. Our Central Bank refused to do anything about it and instead have been doing everything to stoke this mega bubble. Hopefully your Central Bank will do something about this for all of us (looks like they are). It's a disgrace. A qualified couple working all house to live in a one bedroom flat while a 50 part-time shelf stacked sits in their 5 bedroom house having their wages topped up by government tax credits coming from the taxes of the full-time younger couple.

130k, that is literally poverty status in dc. I make 300k combined and feel middle class

you just need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and work harder

Attached: 1527184016766.png (380x349, 81K)

>130k in DC
>thinks he's rich

delusional

Your combined income is 130k and you're a software engineer? Does your wife make 30k?

Move to Texas dumbfuck. I make 130kk alone and live in a brand new 2800 sq foot house that costs 1400/month

Top tech companies pay their engineers around that much in Bay Area starting out and Bay Area is way more expensive than DC so nah it’s not that bad as a 23 year old

/this

Start working harder and save up and you'll be able to buy a house like I did back in 1983.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_1.30.36_PM.jpg (800x450, 23K)

Nope not even close to being rich, but it’s on the higher end for people under 25 and I think I should be able to buy a basic house with it

>NYC
>Married and combined income of 190k
>need $600k just to buy a microscopic studio apt. and millions for a 1br-2br

just face it our gen is fucked

You can buy a townhouse in Arlington for 800k just fine. If you want to buy a 1.5 mil McMansion in McLean/falls Church you need 300k combined HHI. If you work by Reston sfh is significantly cheaper

Nothing entitles you to a New built McMansion bud, you gotta work for it like I did.

Attached: C5B468B6-DCFA-4284-A6B6-7FAAC7C58D34.jpg (640x445, 35K)

>early 20s
>married

I hope she takes everything from you after she travel with Tyrone to Honolulu.

This is probably the worst decision in your life.

shut up OP
this house is very affordable

Attached: aayyyy.png (1400x779, 1.47M)

Even all the way past Dulles airport houses are still going for 800k-1mil lol it’s fucking ridiculous. You have to move to WVA to not pay 500k for a tiny cuckshed

wait i meant this one
now that thar is a house right thar

Attached: aayyyyyy.png (1440x878, 1.35M)

>246k for a literal box in the ghetto

Top kek m8

What do you do op, sounds like your wife isn’t capable enough

I recently closed on a $87000 home in the Poconos with 0.6 acres of land. Updated kitchen and master bathroom. Some updating is needed. 3 bedrooms and 2 decks. I love it. And it cost me about $250 per month.

It's called a loan you retard. No one buys houses cash.

>make 155k
>lives in sf

>house price 1MM
>make 130k a year
>"hurr i cant afford to buy muh mcmansion cash"
why are ameriburgers so bad with money? is this because you're given so much of it the concept of delayed gratification is alien to you?
>inb4 "whiter than u ahmed"
europe has its problems, doesn't make your shit stink any less

I bet OP hasn't even researched first time homebuyer programs in his area

No shit, but it’s inadvisable to go in to debt on a house that is more than 3x your annual income

I’ll look in to those thanks, thought they were for poor people only.

Move to the Midwest

I don’t want a McMansion just a house with a driveway that isn’t physically touching the building where my neighbors live.

You're a software engineer in the DC metro and your *combined* household income is only $130k? You should be making at least that much solo as a dev. Try harder bud

My GF and I make 100k combined and we can't afford a home.

Shit is fucked thanks to boomers.

THANKS AGAIN BOOMERS, GREAT WORLD YOU LEFT US WITH, HOPE THEY MAKE YOUR TEA JUST RIGHT AT THE COUNTRY CLUB

>lives in the third richest county in the us
>why are houses so expensive >:(

I’m young and just started, not one of those boomers who have 5-10 years experience. The vast majority of SWE jobs only pay 75-100k starting in this area. Amazon, like 103 or something.

My wife was a lib arts major and makes shit pay at her job

Why the fuck would anyone take on a loan for a house they could just straight up buy if they saved for a couple years? No one does that shit. Mortgages are for poor people who have 10x more debt than assets.

I wish there was a massive crash that leaves all the boomers too poor to afford basic expenses. Unfortunately that would fuck the younger generations over too

You're talking to a European. The concept of having a standalone house with a private place to park your car is a huge luxury to them.

just fucking move. insane housing prices are trying to communicate to you that the place is full but you do not listen and then be butthurt about it

any shitty office job can be done remotely at this point. if your company does not allow its because it is shit

>130k combined income
You aint shit and your hair ain't neither

Do you live in bumfuck nowhere where houses cost 40k or something? Or maybe you live with mom and save 100% of your paycheck each year? It’s not possible to save enough for a house in a reasonable amount of time if you have to support yourself living in a non shitty area that actually has jobs, even while saving over 50% of your income.

>the world owes me things

because you pay more money in rent than you do in interest?

you're just a fucking retard who chooses to be boiled instead of escaping the pot

Why do retards think I’m bragging lmao, or are you actually jealous because you work at McDonald’s making $8 am hour?

Most of our grandparents were able to buy houses in their 20’s even on shitty jobs that didn’t require a college degree. Why can’t we?

You can just work as a deck officer

Fuck off boomer or trust fund kiddo

Yeah that is what you get for marrying a literal retard. I make 200 in private equity and my wife makes 150k as a PhD statistician for capital one

Fuck off we're full

>130k combined income
>combined income
poorfriend

Attached: 1517016384197.gif (540x540, 577K)

you can. you are just unwilling to leave your cocoon of hot yoga, frappes and bum piss

Attached: Capture.png (1541x736, 1.92M)

Because we’re in peak bubble, dumbass. Buying real estate right now is like buying bitcoin at $20k. You’re gonna get fucked if you buy now. Wait a year and you can get any house you’re looking at 30% off.

>Meanwhile I know some boomers in this area who live alone and have shitty 50k jobs who own a house because they bought before I was born when things were cheap

Life is a pyramid scheme bro...

I'm not saying no one takes loans. I'm saying no one takes loans on a house only 3x their annual income. If you're actually good with money and aren't being paid so little that you have to live paycheck to paycheck, you could just save 50% every year and buy a house straight up in 6 years. Hell, even if you wanted to not be such a miser jew who never spends money, you could save 25% and do it in 12 years. It would be absolutely insane to sign a 30 year mortgage otherwise.
Depends on how long you rent while you save money to buy a house outright.

Anyway, this shit isn't even my point. I was just saying how ridiculous the 3x annual income figure was for a mortgage. Very few people are financially responsible like that and pretty much everyone does 5x or more. If you are financially responsible enough to consider this kind of shit, just be a miser jew and live like a starving college kid for a few years to buy a house outright.