Why don't you become a pilot?

Given all this forum is full of butthurt millennials complaining about being wagecuck, etc. Why not live the dream?

The autopilot basically flies the plane itself and you getting paid above 100k per year for sitting on your ass and chilling with your co-pilot mate, admiring the view and sharing stories how they fucked all the stewardess on board.

I can't believe it. It's as if God himself created this profession for individuals to live like heaven on earth.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1164x777, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtLDsjZZQZA
webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20031021/flight-crews-have-higher-cancer-risk#1
caeparcaviation.com/jobs/?position=captain&location=asia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2018
>he's not an underwater airplane welder clearing 250k/year

p.s. youtube.com/watch?v=dtLDsjZZQZA

it's brainless and monotonous
you're a toll booth operator with a moderately high salary with no career progression

>paid above 100k
maybe five years ago, and all those pilots are getting fired left and right unless they agree to substantial pay cuts

it fucking sucks for US pilots though
euro here, applied for pilot school but didn't pass the final interview, would have cost only 10k
>100k per year
try 300k net in China

if you're white you need 11/10 eyesight to be a pilot, and you'll probably get rejected anyway because white boomers defend their spot and filling quotas means hiring diversity

enjoy cancer from radiation

>no career progression
you realise they get to fly bigger and bigger planes, right?

>glorified taxi driver
>work shit hours
>breathe recycled air all day

Attached: point and laugh.gif (722x720, 405K)

webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20031021/flight-crews-have-higher-cancer-risk#1

I'll admit though, one of the benefits of being a pilot is that you don't have to save for retirement since you will die from cancer.

This, also the job has become much much less lucrative in recent years since ticket prices have plummeted.

You can collect higher tolls in larger booths, but you're still a toll booth operator

>The autopilot basically flies the plane itself
You just answered your own question.

How long do you think pilots will be needed? One guy can remote control 30 planes from a central airport somewhere and his job is basically just for show since the planes will be full-auto anyway.

Attached: questionmarks.gif (805x540, 100K)

i have a phobia of heights and flying. can i still be a pilot?

of course, you'll fill the disability quota slot

I unironically also have this slightly and still applied, not sure how it would feel to do the job though

if you are willing to relocate, you will make more than almost anyone in the US in any job except top executives

caeparcaviation.com/jobs/?position=captain&location=asia

ya sure if you want to miss all the holiday with your kids because your boomer ass is flying the line with low seniority. Not only that you have to go about 150-200k in debt to get all your ratings.
Really senior American Airline guys make up to 350k a year and fly good trips. Its hard to get to that point though

Nah, there's a pilot shortage coming up because actual boomers are retiring.

You can get a first class medical with glasses fucktard

doesn't matter

Not for another 50 years. The FAA is a dinosaur

sure faggot
>t.based pilot

It's a good career to get into right now because all the boomer Vietnam pilots are retiring or dying. The only issue is you have to keep perfect health, you will lose your job if you get any sort of disease even high blood pressure. And they perform yearly strict health tests

I don't think the general public will fly on a plane without at least two pilots, technology fails. Now cargo planes are another story.

Attached: 1523270653986.jpg (1024x624, 130K)

Eyesight means jack shit, and theres so few pilots now theyre hiring anyone. Buddy of mine instructed for under a year then got hired by the biggest regional carrier in my country.

>tfw i have 20/13 vision

What do you mean 'doesn't matter'? Aviation workers have to be the ones going on strike most often of all the work groups. Inflow of cheap flights have crushed margins.

double dubs checked
in addition:
enjoy your brain cancer from an increase in solar radiation and cosmic rays

I refuse to spray people with chemtrails and keep quiet about UFOs

kek

As if when you get paid 6 figures you need more money or career progression. ^^

I've heard the real money is to be the pilot for some corporation or billionaire. 300k a year and you'll be put up in premium hotels + an expense card probably. Aren't most pilots from the military?

The general public are clueless and will fly as long as it's cheap. I remember some articles describing people shocked over the fact that pilots don't actually perform the landing/take-off today but it didn't exactly lead to people not flying.

Everybody know self-driving cars are coming, well the sky has zero obstacles so it isn't exactly unlikely if self-driving planes will go live before self-driving cars.

At best they will have a token pilot on the plane that are just there to calm people down but they aren't going to pay these guys as much as today's pilots since he's just sitting on his ass. There's no reason for having 1 guy overseeing 30 or more planes and only jumping in and remote-controlling the plane when something goes wrong. Spending X years to become a pilot just to end up with a low salary anyway isn't something I'd recommend. You'll finish education right about the time when flight companies will be buying those new plane models with even more automation.

Attached: shrug.jpg (1440x1080, 259K)

Also, this is the true aviation scheme kino.

Attached: American-Made-Review-Tom-Cruise-845699.jpg (590x350, 33K)

*There's no reason for NOT having 1 guy overseeing

>getting paid above 100k per year
That's wrong. The market for pilots is very bad because everyone believes this meme and tries to become a pilot.

You really have no fucking idea what you'r talking about. Just because they go on strike doesn't mean that its not a lucrative career. Also ticket prices have little to no impact on wages. But the airline and the route you fly do.

The thing with self-flying planes is that they math doesn't work.
Technology fails and you need one pilot for 200+ passengers paying few bucks each for someone to be here. There is simply no need for it.

Personal moment of truth: I'm 30+ year old wagecuck with damaged health and this jealousy and realization that my life is a joke hurt so much that i created this thread to try to share some pain. Sorry anons.

This is official average. You know, there is this median and this math stuff that you do few calculations and you get 100k.

Fuck off you musk fanboy. You faggots in this thread really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Even though a heavy has an auto-land capability doesn't mean that the pilot is obsolete. For instance, the chink 777 that went down at SFO a couple of years ago was caused because the pilots didn't know how to fly a VFR approach. They had to fly that type of approach because the approach system was broken. So they had to revert back to hand flying it.

Also you say that pilots won't get paid as much in the future because they're sitting on their ass. Are you really that fucking confident about something that you have no understanding of? Automation has been around for decades and the pilot certainly isn't obsolete yet. Fucking max Dunning-Kruger in action folks.

>muh captain sully

They don't make 100k starting. More like ~80. However, the 20+ year pilots at a major airline will make 200k+

You're a fucking retard. The average airline pilot wage is 117,000

>well the sky has zero obstacles
mountains, other planes, birds, twin towers

>make 80k starting

ya unless you go to some shitty regional like MESA where you get paid 18k a year and sleep at a crash pad with 20 other guys until you get picked up by a major

not sure what you're saying. i mean i can guess but...

you sound like someone that dont talk much with people irl

static huge ass mountains and structures are super easy to get around. birds? lulz

Attached: kitty.jpg (474x355, 20K)

Dude cars can just roll to a stop and no one will get hurt. If a plane is malfunctioning then you need at least two pilots to feel the plane and react to it. One reads the checklists while the other flies it. captain Sully had the option to land his plane on a local air strip but because he was in the plane he knew the bird wouldn't make it even if the numbers told him it would, so he landed it in the Hudson.

I was considering becoming a commercial pilot but my parents have bad health, it really sucks.

How many days on average is the pilot sleeping in a hotel?

20/15 eye sight master race here

Op it's not a bad idea...but I can see it getting really...really old fast.

>white boomers defend their spot
Mandatory retirement age for pilots.

half the week

>t. son of pilot

it's not like the guy on the ground remote controlling the plane will just have a few screens, he'll be wearing a VR headset inside a cockpit that emulates every little movement the plane makes with such precision that he'll forget that he isn't inside the plane itself that is having problems. naturally there will be a co-pilot VR buddy that is right there too.

i don't really care that people don't see the writing on the wall, people can go ahead and become pilots if you want to. pilots will be needed, just far far fewer of them

Attached: YouTube22.png (874x804, 709K)

AAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya until they have to flip a bus switch... Good thing you don't know what the fuck you're talking about though. You actually have no idea how wrong you are.

ok

be a pilot with vietjet for the highlife

Attached: vietjet.jpg (800x499, 42K)

you know it makes sense

Attached: vj2.jpg (634x453, 67K)

Too expensive

Would cost me like 200k to get my flight hours unless i went into the military. I probably will tho a little later in life