Is this a good beginner guide to getting into investing?

Also, I'm not paying £150. Just gonna try to find a free version somewhere on the internet.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-30-21-24-59_kindlephoto-109460439.png (800x763, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

swachhcoin.com/
bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

getting into investing as a job or investing your savings?

Nah, just at home investing in stocks and stuff.

invest 1k yourself and learn by doing, those courses are all useless shit taught by people who cant into investing themselves

if you want to play with your money just learn to play poker.
unless you're doing your own research into the economy buying individual stocks aren't much better than gambling.

But I legit know nothing and wouldn't even know where to start. I don't mind if the people teaching me aren't word class investors, but what I do want is just a starting boost so I can start driving myself forward.

Then how do people become successful in it then?!?!?! Like, there's a guy called ricky on YouTube who earns around 10k per day. If it was so uncertain then even a billionaire like Warren Buffett would fear everyday that he would lose all his money.

choose swachhcoin.com/ my friend

Attached: Dos-Equis_art.jpg (650x632, 53K)

Dude, I legit don't even know what that is and I'm looking for beginner guides into buying stocks. For all I know you could be giving me garbage.

survivorship bias mostly. basically, out of the millions of people buying lottery tickets you have a few winners exclaiming about how it's the best investment ever and selling books about how they did it, everybody else keeps their mouths shut.
buffet became rich by doing the research and legwork with some luck. now he doesn't recommend buying individual stocks either.
profitable investment these days takes armies of researchers and engineers. you can still profit with the market, but you're not going to beat the average as an home investor.

this board is mostly filled with scammers and get rich quick schemes

Home much as a *lucky* home investor get? And also what research do you mean?

>Home much as a *lucky* home investor get?
rephrase
>And also what research do you mean?
reading a company's financial reports, figuring out if that report matches up with reality, sometimes in person. evaluating the math behind their decisions. factoring in the politics if it operates internationally, the weather if it affects the supply chain. etc.

How much money do you think a *lucky* home investor could make?

And I don't know what half those things you mentioned are. Hopefully I'll learn soon. Also, what is this board? If you're right then everyone on here must be a bunch of broke larpers.

>How much money do you think a *lucky* home investor could make?
it's basically a roulette table, depends on how much you put on the table and how much risk you take. but you'll lose out in the long run.

>If you're right then everyone on here must be a bunch of broke larpers.
that or paid shills. retail investing is big business compared to what it costs to hire a few monkeys to spam the internet with how profitable the new bitcoin is

google p2p lending
play with those sites as you can learn a whole lot about finance for nothing

fuck stocks. they are overdue a bear cycle and you'll want some real money to put in for the long term (till retirement)

fuck crypto. if you know nothing stay the hell away from this wild ride.

Thanks for the support everyone, really appreciated it!

buying stocks is just gambling that eventually always goes up

fucking morons jesus christ

Just because it involves risks doesn't mean it's equivalent to gambling. You're buying ownership of a company. Completely different, I can't help you if you can't tell the difference

>but you'll lose out in the long run
Are you talking about day trading or investing, because those are two completely different things. With day trading, you'll most likely lose in the long run, but you can be successful. With investing (mainly into etfs and index funds) you'll perform better in the long run.

A good start is a FTSE 250 tracker. It already has a value tilt by virtue of omitting the 100 largest UK companies.

I recommend these two books if you want to screen for companies to invest in;

The Acquirers Multiple - Tobias Carlisle

What Works On Wall Street - James O’Shaughnessy

it would be good if it is simply one paragraph saying, buy low fee vanguard funds and deposit as much as you can until you retire or die

the context here is a novice to investing. it takes a fair amount of research and discipline to understand that a 40% drop in your life savings isn't a big deal over the 10 years expected average
>Are you talking about day trading or investing
he was basically how much money he could make day trading.

With this in mind, Jack Bogle (founder of Vanguard) wrote some very very great reading on investing and the traps and misconceptions that the average investor looking to get rich is faced with. I highly recommend Common Sense on Mutual Funds

or read his wiki thing. but apparently the hard part is getting to buy into the philosophy in the first place.
bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: 1-qEI0lrBuUdKYqTr42_44vw.jpg (414x600, 72K)