/smg/ - Stock Market General

Meme magic and hivemind edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$0.005 commission per share. $1 minimum to open. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

previous thread

Attached: 1492717225299.jpg (410x410, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2oXD9DW2Q
archive.is/j6ZX0
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/aussie-housing-market-is-four-times-the-size-of-economy
youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for GBR

Attached: 1530052766876.png (434x341, 34K)

second for GBR

Alright, I really am going to get serious on this ML algorithm so I can't hardcore monitor this thread and this is probably my last post today.
Cya guys

Attached: 1525870845151.jpg (342x364, 51K)

Third for GBR

Attached: gold bull run.png (706x562, 127K)

YOU MESSED IT UP

FUCK SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL

WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WHEN THE MARKET IS CLOSED

Attached: alibabalogo2.jpg (217x123, 9K)

Enjoy the weekend. Take stress naps.

All my dreams are nightmares

Bepsicola

i wish i could stand t go outside right now. its 90+ where i am and humid as hell. no AC, and i got no ride to the beach. fuck

Research. Prepare. Maybe you'll find something good.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2oXD9DW2Q

so y/n 5k per week?

this tho

>set a goal of per week continous production by end of 2017
>june 2018 have to meet it for a single week

Does it really even matter with TSLA stock anymore?

Simply wall street is fun for finding random small caps, that's how I found CARV

In other news, Elon Musk is partying in Spain right now.

lol
of course not

not yet. but it will. bond traders always sniff this shit out. and they smell something for sure judging by their latest yield blowout

dudes gonna ENRON all his shareholders an most of his employees, and no one will see it coming because of his status as a cultural icon lol i cant wait

I think they've made it 5k/week. Tesla is not exactly a fragile company, they're wayyyy away from going under

lol tell that to the bondholders m8, not me

Attached: TSLA junk bonds.png (748x753, 35K)

When is Visa gonna stop going parabolic

Attached: 1529138120627.jpg (900x647, 398K)

since when did bonds mean anything?

So guys, The bond and tbill selloff at the end of friday was rather odd. I think it was China starting some shit. Monday is going to be a volatile trading day I think.

Banks are still in a correction and possibly a bear market soon, tech is ready to pop. Trump is doing his best to shitpost headfakes to keep the eyes off of what might be actually happening. By introducing random chaos into the markets we let off some overly stupid bull heads and weak hands from over pumping or overselling the market. We are in for a choppy Q3 as I think earnings will be weak this quarter.

If Trump can pull off a sector rotation before the markets tank he will have literally saved the economy for now.... We need to fed to tighten without popping the bubble to stop all of this bullshit going on in the economy right now. Emerging markets have already collapsed and we need to keep the malignancy from spreading to the US market. Hopefully to the EU instead.

lol

you didn't answer my question. How are bonds an indicator of a company's health?

It's 2018 why are there only 40 market hours a week

GBR $10 this week right?

I'm really curious to see what happens on Monday.

i honestly think it was the FED.
notes and bills were bleeding all day, and panicky bond traders have been pumping long bonds relentlessly cuz they think were gonna go into a recession. also, just the simple fact that the yields were pretty unattractive with bonds trading as high as theyve been. makes sense some would sell some off to try and ladder back in w higher yields in a month or so

but it doesnt make sense china would do it. they know thats exactly what our central bankers have been doing. i cant see them doing it to "help us out" (since FED has been dumping 30yrs anyways since months ago to normalize curve). you might be right though in the sense that it wasnt an "attack" necessarily, but more a way to sell off some of their dollars and get back to pumping their own market.

read a fucking book nigger. im not here to spoonfeed you on how fixed income securities work/relate to a companies health.

we'd hate for the millionaire traders' feet to get tired

This might be true, the cash went from the usd/bonds to eur, nzd, aus and yen.

Metals also look to be reversing soon as well. This will be an interesting week.

another thing thats got me spooked is, while stocks and bonds BOTH went down at the same time on friday, this would normally mean that the dollar would pop up a little, as people buy more dollars for the holiday week next week. but not only did that not happen, but USD continued to slide all day (and the day before, when we were pumping somewhat) against all major currency pairs. so where are all these dollars going?

i thik you might be dead on that it was the chinese, but perhaps it was less an attack, and more a way to raise capital for themselves (ie bracing for their own market crash)

>This will be an interesting week.
i definitely think so too senpai

oc for monday

Attached: log off.png (714x915, 330K)

They left the AI in charge while they are in jail. (((They))) dont know who they're messing with.

so what IS monday going to be like
I'm very afraid

obviously its going to be a green day

Attached: 1524179383453.jpg (1028x1021, 101K)

SPY doesn't matter, only GBR matters

this might though

check out this leveraged loan ETF that i found.
what in the flying fuck does this mean?
did some major corporation just default, or is about to?

Attached: SRLN dump.png (1597x769, 117K)

bear in mind, this is going INTO the dividend. this isnt even the div dump yet

If you want that with options check out JNK

lol comfy i was short HYG for a week and a half. i covered on friday

youre missing the point tho. why is this ETF full of high risk bank loans to corporations dumping going INTO its dividend?

tinfoil hat tier

Attached: 1527260223212.jpg (800x800, 669K)

explain
why is it happening? and why so soon after all these junk bonds are dumping? i see absolutely nowhere on this chart where it had a week this bad and THEN dumped. and it hardly ever does anything other than just buzzsaw back up after its div drop.

its showing the exact same signs as HYG did last weekend. i smell serious credit risk

all bonds are bear market
This is just conforming to its TA, really nothing shocking about it

Not at muh battle station, but was there a discount/nav spike?

this isnt quite bonds though. this is high risk leveraged loans. if anything this should be the thing investors and bond traders would be flocking to. the yields should increase steadily throughout rate hikes. instead they look just like how junk bonds did, with no one looking to pick them up w such shit yields.

and where are all the yield chasers going? are they going for the new, almost 3% 10yrs? no. theyre going for the longterm treasuries

im sorry user, im not sure how to look that up on my battle station.

>its still only saturday
>a whopping 36+ hours before I can trade muh stocks again

the weekend is suffering

Attached: DTOi2mDVwAEUW8v.jpg (724x1200, 127K)

Only 24 if you futures broski

its still a bond
and all these income tools will go down with rising rates
Yield chasers are going to Coca Cola Stock unironically

If the fund manager got hit with a massive sell off, the price to nav could’ve gone into a discount. I looked at the fund on spdr & the discount/premiums were only there for q1. Is uncommon for open ended etfs (not so much for closed end funds), but CAN happen if there is an major institutional sell off. Most likely the funds assets are starting to shit.

im gonna keep an eye on it for the next few weeks regardless.

Likewise... thanks for sharing. i’ve been watching shit credit for a while, but focus on consumer. Really like the stink of CACC, a subprime auto lender, for a massive turd fest in the near term & have been building a short.

Log of, Bogdanoff!

>CACC, a subprime auto lender
hmmm
so whos giving these guys the money to give out these subprime loans? couldnt possibly be the large banks that all look ready to jump, could it?
(rhetorical question obviously)

>broski
oh shieet
div-sama
i didnt know you still posted here

>bunds dont mean nuffin

WHEN DO WE SELL GBR BROS

Is it time to go all in on UPS unironically?
They got fudded hard because "Amazon Speedy Van Delivery"

This sell off cant last

Attached: 1527258267781.jpg (512x650, 164K)

>took out all my student and auto loans at the bottom of fed interest rates
>going to pay everything back with a net inflation-adjusted profit
so this the power of quantitative easing

what kind of student loan rates did you get, i refinanced mine down to 5.4% for 10 years

HMNY will get pumped up to a dollar before the reverse split.

Screencap this.

>"Amazon Speedy Van Delivery"

That translates to 'we bought some shitty local courier service and have them delivering your stuff now'. In my experience with it the service is considerably worse than average UPS. I now have amazon deliver to post office as it forces them to use regular USPS instead of the van thing.

about $50k in loans at 3.5%
I requested the maximum amount every semester even though I didn't need it and invested that a few years ago

wtf when was this? my original rate was 6.8% in 2009

around 2015-2016

who /GBR/ here?

Not me.

I refinanced my money with sofi for a really good rate. I have 300k in student loans though.. Shit sux man.

Im hoping the company fails, the bubble pops and my loans dissapear somehow.

literally how

Your loans will just go somewhere else m8. I've been on and off school for 10 years. Had an old one from 2008 disappear in 2012, and suddenly pop out of thin air a few months later being financed by Deutsche Bank

>I have 300k in student loans though
just keep changing your name and practice your various identitys signatures. a good one is to learn how to write w both hands. that way they cant track you off analyzing your writing.

good luck

>I have 300k in student loans

Attached: 1491430623938.png (768x768, 153K)

Well, time to load up on some more HMNY on Monday then!

Attached: HMNY_bagholders.jpg (733x597, 232K)

interdasting. Whats with that oct-dec backwardation? The election?

Attached: vix.png (797x403, 25K)

AMD going back down to settle at $13.5 for next earnings.

Attached: 1530052848963.jpg (1100x1100, 206K)

Alot higher than it is now

Dont feel too bad for me, my AGI is 500k per year as a result

KEK
just found out some fucking weirdo kid that i knew growing up got #metoo'd
lol fuckin creeps gonna have to skip town

that seems more reasonable

>Dont feel too bad for me
>500k per year
gimme some and i promise i wont feel bad ever again

Wtf degree costs that much?
>inb4 women’s studies

medicine and law degrees.

>suddenly pop out of thin air a few months later being financed by Deutsche Bank
>Deutsche Bank, the pants on head retarded failing German bank that the federal reserve is trying to shove out of the US, bought student loans
>Deutsche Bank is buying student loans
>student loans confirmed for root cause of next recession
What other banks are doing student loans? Can I see which ones have A LOT? I want to know what to watch out for, like Bear Stearns

Absolutely.
I'm thinking that wicked bond sell off SHOULD mean stocks will pump, but stocks sold off too, but less so... people want to sit on cash rn

>300k
I got half a full ride to a state college that charged like 25k/year, but my parents covered the rest.
Didn't go to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign though, which I was accepted to and charged like 70k/year... It had a much more solid program, but I probably still came out on top, but I'm still trying to be sure

>3.5%
I somehow got 3.39% APR on my auto loan
my dad always tells me that he makes larger than the minimum required payments on his loans, but I agree with what you said -- why not just invest it instead?

I think if the "bubble pops", the loans would just be sold off as assets to other banks or the bank would be acquired by another like Bear Stearns.
Your loan is worth money as an asset to that bank, they can at the very least sell it off while or in order to avoid being liquidated.

There's at least a few dozen people, but less than 200 IIRC, in the US that now have literally over a million dollars in student loans.
One of the guy's with a million bucks in student loans was a dentist or orthodontist that was reported on in WSJ

>KEK
>just found out some fucking weirdo kid that i knew growing up got #metoo'd
>lol fuckin creeps gonna have to skip town
Please tell me more.
This shit freaks me out.

Just wanted to check in, probably going back off the grid now lol

How much Jewish pussy gets thrown at you when you’re a doctor lawyer?

Rich Jews don't fuck Jewesses, they go for the shiksas

so how do we "big short" australia?
>archive.is/j6ZX0
>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/aussie-housing-market-is-four-times-the-size-of-economy (note this is last year too. im sure its worse now)

this shits gonna crash and burn the moment china jumps
also
wtf is an interest-only loan? how the fuck does that work? seems even more retarded than what we had here in 08

I have a degree in medicine. Totally not worth it. Healthcare is completely fucked right now, also avoid teaching hospitals right now lest a new intern accidentally kill you. The good news is that you're still more likely to die of a medical error than if you were walking down the south side of chicago.

Medicine is as much voodoo witchcraft as science. All this bullshit gene therapy crap will not be to the bedside until 30 years from now, not to mention most of the common diseases are the result of people just being stupid and or lazy, not to mention the abundance of empty caloric intake. We teach a bunch of bullshit bigpharma sponsored therapies to doctors. Human health has been extended more by modern advances in engineering (like clean waters, sewers etc) than by advances in healthcare by a wide margin.

Healthcare is also the biggest example of wagging the dog I have ever seen. Doctors are basically data entry personel that have to follow guidelines by insurance companies, including the government. Most of what they say to do is based on special interest funded research and what they think its worth paying for.

What the fuck

The exuberance got out of hand. Investors gorged on “interest-only loans” that required them to repay not even one cent of principal for up to five years. The frenzy for such loans peaked in June 2015, when they accounted for 46 percent of all new mortgages.

Now it’s time for those borrowers to start paying up: About A$360 billion ($266 billion) of those loans revert to interest and principal payments over the next three years, just as global borrowing costs are set increase.

Is there a ticker for this for me to short or buy puts on?

>Im hoping the company fails, the bubble pops and my loans dissapear somehow.

kek

If the company fails, they will just sell your debt to someone else.

Attached: 1528867255150.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Hey my negros, I'm paying a guy off fiverr to write about boomers on biz. Go roll for dubs or trips and I'll have him put it in the rap song

based, thanks bro

bored tonight comfy?

Very

Attached: 1490922514957.jpg (245x250, 7K)

well
good to know im not totally paranoid for attempting to avoid hospitals at all costs.

crazy innit?
fucking interest-only loans.
who the hell thought they could get away w that?

tryin to figure that out now lol
australias ETF is EWA. options seem liquid enough. im waiting for china to jump before thinking about a position tho

LOL
canada has imposed trade tariffs on the US

i cant think of a way to long maple syrup though, so...
long WOOD

is there anything else we actually trade w canada for?

time to get comfy.
post crash related clips.
youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA

Wait until the Coalition government passes their big business tax legislation before you do anything.
I'm not expecting a crash for two reasons, (but I do advise you to take up bearish positions against Australia).
1. the Chinese property buyers only made a maximum 10% of the total market, and don't expect them to all start selling just because of values dropping: quite simply equity in Australia is worth more than keeping their money in Yuans.
What's more likely is a massive amount of defaults if the Chinese economy tanks, many of those Chinese purchases were backed by fraudulent asset declarations (xeroxs of a friend of a friend's Chinese collateral), and while that practice was stymied over a year ago which is the reason the housing market has been slowing down - assume that Chinese investors accounted for 10% of the market, fraudlent asset declarations would be what, like, a third?
So I don't expect a sudden crash.
2. The royal commission into the banking sector has already flagellated Aussie equities markets, the pressure on the bubble has already been released to an extent. If there was going to be a crash, it would have already happened.

But, here's some ongoing risk factors:
a. walking down a very swanky part of town last night I saw a lot of retail places for lease, not sure if this is just because it's EOFY
b. Chinese stockpiling on minerals/resources will means less exports for Australia 6 months from now.
c. obscenely low interest rates means RBA ('reserve bank of australia', the aussie fed) has nowhere to go if they need to increase money supply. Then again a strong USD always pushes down the AUD.

Canada has a smaller economy than California, who do they think they are fucking with?

Also I was going through the events comming this week and a lot of economic data is comming out. Its probably going to be disappointing.... Not sure what to invest in, maybe the goldbugs are right.

im long silver right now. its way out of its range and the dollars been pulling back. plus silver is traditionally more volatile anyways and has been outperforming gold lately

plus i like the options better. the greeks are a lot less brutal than the gold ones

Attached: SLV_GLD w vol.png (1420x691, 47K)