Is Seattle a good city?

Or is it overrated?.

Attached: 103205665-seattle-washington-usa-march-12-2018-aerial-view-from-port-of-seattle-shipping-yard-centur (1300x685, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/seattle-wa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vancouver is the best Pacific NW city. Seattle and Portland are overrated

A beautiful city full of quaint coffeehouses, good seafood markets, hipster vibe. I enjoyed the music scene a lot, but I got tied of the misty weather all the time. It would be hard to find a better city for summer temperatures.
However, as a once liberal, now center libertarian.....
It's full of ultra fascist leftists that are super passive aggressive in person, kinda like how Canadians are, but will beat the shit out of old people in the street during their rallies. Will literally scream if you aren't a carbon copy of their beliefs. I actually feel threatened walking around town now since the antifa crowd has risen. I can't believe that I once hung around with people like that. Back in the day (early 2000s), these guys were the best to smoke weed and chill around with.....now they are too violent thinking.

Summary: It's overrated, a shell of it's former self....same with Portland. Vancouver blows them both away!

t. Spokane

As someone from the East Coast, the city looked much more first world.

East Coast has a more "ghetto" vibe

>Spokane
What is it like? I just have an assumption that Eastern Washington is like Idaho/Montana

Seattle is where Frasier is set, so everything I know about it is from that.

Pretty much, but not as cold. I love how we are a medium sized city with every amenity, surrounded by beautiful landscapes etc...I really like Idaho. I feel that S is an "storybook" American town...kinda like Langley Falls from American Dad. Just a nice place.

it seems like it's grey there for 10 months of the year and there are a LOT of homeless people and radical left people, like purple hair, polygamous, living in welfare, going to community college for art or psychology types. all of the people I know from there are trans, unironically.

Attached: 1519378779505.png (657x527, 24K)

might go there for grad school, the weather and nature around seems comfy, and I dont care about politics enough to deter me from it

A palpable lack of ambition hangs around the city... like mist
Going along the WA coast is literally like visiting the bayou

Attached: rus.jpg (916x546, 100K)

It's a comfy city, I really enjoyed visiting. The only problem is that 50% of the city's population seems to be extremely left-wing and the other 50% are homeless.

All north american cities suck. vancouver is okay

Never been there, however
>My brother
Cool city, amazing nature, liked it
>My dad
Grim, too many homeless, avoid

Suck a dong Wong

I was considering moving there from New England but idk if it's worth it.

1) the cost of housing in seattle is prohibitively expensive. the most extravagent and luxurious homes in seattle are literally selling for several millions of dollars, the least expensive are selling for about 700,000 USD. Even renting an apartment for less than 1000 square feet is more than 2000 USD monthly, an apartment with less than 500 square feet is just above 2000 USD.

>zillow.com/seattle-wa/

2) there are many homeless people living in seattle. they may be living on the sidewalks or under the overpasses or somewhere in the bushes. there are so many of them that they collect themselves into these little camps where they live in tents. as far as i know they are generally non-aggressive and will probably not attack you, however in some places in seattle there is a lot (comparatively) of property crime.

3) traffic is bad, but especially so since the alaskan way viaduct has been closed and will be demolished soon. now the seattleites will be using a more narrow tunnel to reach downtown seattle.

4) in my opinion, there is nothing interesting to do in seattle. there is a great multitude of bars and coffee shops, especially starbucks. there are a few clubs here and there, such as neumos and trinity but i don't go to clubs.

all in all seattle is not a great city, if there are any american cities worth seeing they are Chicago and NYC.

it's pretty nice if you make 100k+ year
you don't notice any political agenda around here unless rainbow flags trigger you, so this guy is just a blatant poltard who doesn't live here

This. Visit Vancouver for looks

it is alright, not the worst city, not as good as new england area

There's fucking nothing to do in Seattle. It's just a made-up worker's city with gloomy European climate (think something like London or Cologne)

It's routinely on list of unhappiness and cities with the worst attitudes. No one gives a shit about you if you're not from there, or have recently moved there. It's also been said it's the hardest city to make friends in since people just work, have a coffee, and go home. Probably due to the weather being shit for 10 months a year. And if you're working in Seattle you're probably living outside of it, unless your job is in Bellevue then maybe you only go into Seattle 10 times a year, less if you're over 35 and have no reason to.

Rental costs aren't that bad, man. I have a 600 sqft 1-bedroom for $1250/month. More expensive than most of the country, yeah, but not as bad as you think

how did you get a 1 bedroom for $1250... is it actually Tacoma or Olympia or past Everett or something

Nah it's in Greenwood.

>Nah it's in Greenwood.
how do you even find a place, let alone a good price like that. Seattle Craigslist is barren. I'm sick of looking for places. it's like $900 for a micro studio and no studios or 1 bedroom are ever available