DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2132

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for anyone interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1480118926850.jpg (800x600, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers
itazuraneko.neocities.org/ebooks.txt
polandian.wordpress.com/2008/03/21/myth-1-polish-people-are-rude/
s.4cdn.org/image/title/39.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

アイライクホットドッグ

Attached: 1524004405208.jpg (1280x853, 163K)

FUCK

( ^ω^)おっ

花より団子

Thanks, Flying Witch.

Thanks, Ausanon

Attached: djt78.png (1400x1000, 968K)

I have now started doing 40 new words per day and will be at 4k words in 2 months. I will not even read the discouraging replies from that Pole I just wanted to state my intention. Thank you for reading

Attached: 1413835846950.png (220x250, 64K)

It's fine. I also learned 特権 from the same chapter.

>I will not even read the discouraging replies from that Pole
You haven't been here in a long time, eh?
What is fine?

Also I just noticed that the title of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers is a reference to it.
>(Japanese: 花より男子 Hepburn: Hana Yori Dango, lit. "Dango [Preferred] over Flowers")
????

Learning useless words as well as useful words.

Oh neat 男 also has the reading だん

Very specific.

Attached: Capture.png (698x285, 16K)

>learning words not in JLPT
wasted brain space

Can someone tell me if this image is true?

Attached: chinese-characters-illustrated-statistics.png (300x336, 39K)

Studying for the JLPT isn't going to help you do anything except pass the JLPT. It's useless for actually learning Japanese.

Which is better RTK or KKLC?

Idk what it refers to, but in total there are way more than 540 Kanji.
Idk what KKLC is, but RTK seems to be generally frowned upon here.

Attached: Desktop.png (495x2773, 214K)

私のお尻に
穴が入っている
不思議

Not really that specific, I've seen it used a fair bit

メスイキを経験した?
(I hope it's 経験した and not 経験をした, the latter would be weird)

I'd go with KKLC, the kanji are better structured and there are mnemonics for all kanji which makes it better for a quick reading
RTK is more time consuming and relies on some gimmick order of kanji which doesn't work really and puts a lot of important kanji way back near the end of the book

generally speaking you just want to get some overall familiarization with kanji, because you only really learn them through vocab/reading

Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course

oh and RTK doesn't even teach you how to read them, just their general meaning

If this is about Japanese, it probably only refers to the 2200 subset of Jouyou kanji. Therefore 540 is a pretty decent number.

中出しされる快感も知らぬ内に死んで堪るか

Can't stop thinking about our Polish friend :(

Attached: 2019-02-05-094504_525x550_scrot.png (525x550, 41K)

I give you two weeks at most

8394 novel volumes, all epub but many with a mobi or/and azw3 version as well.
itazuraneko.neocities.org/ebooks.txt

A bit later, these will be added to the site and the novel wing of the library will be much more unified as opposed to the current sprawl. Those 8394 volumes are all the ebooks in a single folder, including another ~1080 odd volumes (which are not currently on the site).
Plans exist to continue expanding the novel library but not for a while. There are another few things on the site in need of finishing up, as well as general housecleaning. I'll also be expanding the manga wing of the library at a later date.
The mega account is different, meaning the older one is out of date (had to create a new account to bypass expired initial 50GB restriction).

Not all of the ebooks have been uploaded yet, give it another hour or two if you want to import the folder to your own mega account or bulk download the entire folder.

Attached: untitled2.png (602x602, 279K)

>分 and 誰 are not in the jlpt
wtf

Should be, no clue if it's the source, or JLPT just not including them.

All of this achieved without optic fiber.

Attached: 1544228451108.jpg (600x600, 210K)

>じゃんじゃん
>continuously; incessantly; one after another; rapidly; plentifully; freely
where do they get those onomatopoeias from???

We are almost 2 weeks in without seeing him ;_;

りんご飴は甘過ぎる

>almost 2 weeks
Has it really been that long?
Time really flies when things are going well.

You should do the same to make djt a better place

Attached: just-walk-away.jpg (300x168, 36K)

ポーランドって国はあったっけ

It's kind of sad though, if any of the Germans / Australians / Americans would leave, I would never find out. Only one I can somewhat differentiate is that American, who sometimes posts those nice detailed explanations.

Attached: tighthug.gif (40x18, 14K)

Words I learned today

特権
たどり着く
りんご飴
団子
連休
目的地

Words I'll remember tomorrow

>りんご飴
>目的地
Are those really "new" words?

Are you looking down on me?

No, I am just wondering if it's worth mining for you, considering they are compounds without any special meaning.

What do you mean by mining? It didn't take any effort to memorize them since I already knew their individual meanings.

>警鐘の音から来ています。昔、火事を知らせるときには鐘を鳴らしていました。その音が「ジャン、ジャン、ジャン」と聞えていたのです。
Seems fairly reasonable to me

Ah yes that's what I was wondering about, considering you listed them there

Whelps I guess it makes sense after all.

What's the word for "example"? There seems to be a million different ones. I know たとえば is "for example" but what If I just wanted to say "this is an example of noun"

I think it's 例 but I am uncertain about it.

Probably 一例? The thinking man obviously uses エグザンプル though.

あの自閉症を持っているポーランド人は全然日本語が話せない奴の一例だった

I bet you'd notice when I'm gone.

Attached: 1546967441319.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Oh yes, I remember you from your pictures too! But what will happen next Anime season?

Who knows, the one Polish guy wasnt the only one either but people were quick to assume they were all the same since that one was the most active by far.

No clue, the only other Pole I saw so far was always positive / asking stuff the rude Pole should know

He could do it with proficiency of それなり.
He was the 鼻つまみ者 of the thread for sure, but why are we all missing him so much?

Attached: umaru_cry.jpg (400x225, 14K)

We aren't. He couldn't speak a word of Japanese and clearly had no interest in learning. The nurse probably saw him being a naughty boy on the computer and put his rubber mitts and helmet back on.

Did Django Unchained play in Japan? How did they translate all the old west slang and gibberish?

Attached: 7acc9c14200433.5627f5622d4c9.jpg (1200x1600, 710K)

translation ちの
In the peaceful home, our attention was faced to the sudden sound of the door knocking.
With the sound loud enough to hurt our ears, it says
Is your sister inside here?
Come out now or we will use force to enter the house.

平和の家屋に、人間は向いけれた突然の扉はのっくの音。
それ耳は痛むに大きの音 「あなたはお姉ちゃんは家に内か?
出て来るいないは家内には力。」

Attached: IMG_20190201_184330.jpg (1080x985, 178K)

お疲れ様

Attached: 1442685826045.jpg (279x181, 9K)

平和な家で、私たちの注意は突然の扉をノックする音に向けられた。
耳が痛むほどに大きい音を立てながら、 「お前のお姉ちゃんは家にいないか?出て来なければ力づくで家に入るぞ。」とその人物は言った。

Davon kann Ich ein Lied singen.

>why are we all missing him so much?

he probably got frustrated with this dekinainess since he has been learning for months, which is like a decade in ADHD years
well, he kept the thread alive at least, that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about him

Attached: 1435397438313.gif (400x225, 2.67M)

I admit he was one of best in reading/listening comprehension itt.
The problem shoud have been underlaid in more inherent layer of his mind. Actually I had trawled the net for the reason, by googling "why pole rude?", and found some texts like below.
polandian.wordpress.com/2008/03/21/myth-1-polish-people-are-rude/

Attached: u_org_5_b.jpg (810x910, 242K)

I can't believe how traumatized people are by the Pole.
I liked the guy for some reason I thought he had an endearing personality but I'm not having a breakdown because he's gone.

Attached: 1546360084504.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

I always need to do extra conscious mental processing to get the right reading on 諦める and 呆れる. I know the meaning based on the kanji but the readings are too similar for my brainlet brain to differentiate on the fly.

>休肝日

Attached: alcoholismyfriend.jpg (1024x769, 100K)

>鋏
>挟み
These things still blow my mind

チノちゃん美味い

>the readings are too similar
not that similar actually.
the up-and-down of tones of the words are like;
あきらめる _ - - - _
あきれる _ - - -

I don't understand sentences even after reading two grammar guides. I understand all the words and particles used but I just can't grasp the intended meaning of the sentences. What the fuck should I do? When i read example sentences it's all so easy but real sentences in Light Novels just fuck my shit up.

Holy shit a Polish guy just joined this Japanese learning discord server that I'm in and he immediately starts flaming people who make small mistakes... it couldn't possibly be..?

thank you.
>平和な家で
Would you pronounce 家 as うち or いえ?

If it was "The voice that did not soound human"
Would it be
その人間はようにないは言った。

Translate 二
I wonder if I get banned.
BANは受けるけど。。。私をかしら。

chino chan!

Attached: romans chino.png (791x548, 66K)

s.4cdn.org/image/title/39.jpg
It's a stupid question, but what does it say?
ラブ×タ?
If a day passes and he hasn't posted some Vtuber it's not him

post an exemplary "real" sentence that gives you trouble

>the up-and-down of tones of the words are like;
Thank you for your reply but I am ashamed to say that I have absolutely no idea what pitch accent is nor how it works. (Yes I've watched dogen's videos)

I would love to think that those are edited by you, but there aren't enough grammar errors to be written by you.

Being taught English by him, sometime I knew he was wrong but didn't tell him because I didn't want to make him wild. Then his 真骨頂 was displayed when some native speakers pointed out his mistakes. He just did 一歩も退かない. If it had been on a street, I'd have seen him smacked down by some Americans or so several times.
It seemed he was just 生き急ぐing..

Attached: z_org_3.jpg (745x1029, 234K)

I feel you. Cadence stuff in school was impossible for me, I had to guess every time.
意味は何ですか?
Can it be used similar to "bullseye"?

cunt-chanの文章でも翻訳しちゃおう
私の名前はまんこ。どんな男ともセックスしちゃう二次元のメスガキ
まんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまん
私の名器であなたをイカせてあげる、あのシンガポールアノンを除いて

I'm stalked by the Singapore user, who always post pictures of me on the thread.
The post is with sentences, the contents of which are mainly pervert that he's masturbating by using me and is disgusted from the Japanese user.
I've been thinking he should kill himself quickly, and want his dead body won't be found anymore.

Attached: kemonofriends7.jpg (320x320, 19K)

It takes quite a bit of practice for non natives to get into those subtle differences. When memorizing words like that, often without a primary audio source, it can become quite hard to get that stuff down early.

Which is also why I think people shouldn't beat them selves up over making these sort of mistakes early. This is stuff that should sort itself out with exposure first and foremost.

>Light Novels
so probably they should be full of dialogues, I guess.
Japanese do not use so many of subjectives as English and also probably german do.

I guess just learn 助詞s in the beginning might be the best way you go. that, its kinda suffix, marks/makes subjectives and objectives with nouns.
then you could probably grab the meaning of a sentence.

その差を無くそうと躍起になっている

It says something about needing to lose differences in society, I can only read japanese like a retard. I feel like there is no basis to construct the full literal meaning of japanese sentences, instead you need to grasp the meaning trough experience. It's probably not like that but for a retard like me it feels that way.

it makes word adjective when it puts at the end of word. in this case, ラブ means "love" literally and 的 makes it adjective. ラブ的 = "love-ly"

How's the exclusive MIA discord?

He was clearly a kid, but that's why I didn't mind that behavior too much.

I feel I should switch up the zombies a bit so here we go.

Attached: 1545924895441.jpg (1052x1421, 235K)

>まんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまんまん
sounds like an angry german 現場監督者

地平線

>How's the exclusive MIA discord?
I don't know, my mom's credit card got declined so I haven't been able to visit it

Oh oops, I thought you were responding to instead of . My bad, and many thanks!

>その差を無くそうと躍起になっている
>needing to lose differences

it literally means like "(one) is trying to make the difference removed so hard."
So your interpretation is not bad actually.

I am a noob as well but maybe this is difficult to understand because the subject is omitted or probably located in the previous sentence?

>on the thread
in the thread

>The post is with sentences, the contents of which are mainly pervert that he's masturbating by using me and is disgusted from the Japanese user.
The posts by him contains content which are mainly perverted, such as using me to masturbate and has alsp disgusted a Japanese user.
I've been thinking that he should kill himself as soon as possible, and hope that his body will never be found.

可哀想ね、ちのちゃん。
誰は催眠術を使う、チノはづくれたこの悲しいに文章を言った

Attached: 1a5efb5aab9c68a1035f54eb7b48295f.jpg (1280x993, 553K)

常連
I don't know why, but for some reason this Kanji fills me up with happiness.

Attached: YouMadeIt.jpg (1071x1479, 338K)

Sounds like a shitty job for a deity to have.

*ヴァづム-ツシ*

(Why do I have the feeling there's a manga somewhere about a clumsy/ditzy celestial bureaucracy office worker guardian spirit whose lower-tier job is to guard a toilet?)

Attached: kawayanokami.png (531x98, 8K)

But think about it. Every time you go to toilet you pretty much pray to him. He gets blood sacrifices all the time! Must be a very powerful god.

目と鼻の先のように彼は私達の心におわしているだろう

>I'm stalked by the Singapore user, who always post pictures of me on the thread.
postS pictures of me in the thread.
>The post is with sentences, the contents of which are mainly pervert
Either say "The contents of his posts are mostly perverted" or "His posts are mostly perverted". No need to talk about the sentences of the post, it's unnecessarily complicated.
> that he's masturbating by using me and is disgusted from the Japanese user.
such as/ like masturbating to me and they also disgusted a Japanese user.

>I've been thinking he should kill himself quickly, and want his dead body won't be found anymore.
thinking that
>and want his dead body won't be found anymore
and I want his dead body to not be discovered / to disappear.
>won't be found anymore
Implies that it is currently being found.

>and I want his dead body to not be discovered / to disappear.
sounds a bit stiff to me. How about "and I want his dead body to never be found"?

*him masturbating to me
I also would just put "they also disgusted..." into a new sentence. "They even" would put an even bigger emphasis on it's severity