I got a job as a "sign-twirler," Jow Forums...

I got a job as a "sign-twirler," Jow Forums. I'm supposed to stand at a street corner next to a shopping plaza and spin a sign around so that people in passing cars can see it. I will work from 6:30am (actually before sunrise right now in the winter) until 6:30pm, with a 15-minute break every 2 hours. I will get paid $15.50/hour for this plus tips (but they said that most people don't get very many tips). I had my safety orientation today and begin my first shift in 9 hours.

Does anyone else here work as a sign-twirler? What am I in for? How common are sign-twirlers in your country, Jow Forums?

Attached: Sign twirler.jpg (1024x1316, 150K)

Never heard of this before. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just put up a billboard?

A billboard in a major commercial area is MUCH more expensive. I will get paid about $3,800/month if I work 5 days per week. Renting a full-sized billboard for a month around here is something like $12,000.

>I will work from 6:30am until 6:30pm, with a 15-minute break every 2 hours
this doesnt sound reasonable

>15 minute break every two hours
>6:30am to 6:30pm
user please consider getting another job, this sounds horrible.

sounds like hell

How much do they pay you?

I got in a fight with my dad over this. He thinks that twirling signs is a rare skill and that only a few know therefore it's in demand so it must be a high paying job. I think the exact opposite

how the fuck can people read the sign if its being spun around?

>How much do they pay you?
literally the 2nd line you fucking retard
christ, why can americans not read

user please

I did this when I worked at a TNT fireworks stand for three weeks in June/July. Didn't get paid and the work is soul-crushing. Good luck user

>American jobs
OH NO NO NO

What did they just not pay you?

It's sort of a franchise deal. You buy the fireworks from TNT in exchange for running a branded stand. My friend ran the stand. We operated at a loss (probably because he fucking scammed me) and I never got paid. Many such cases!

Yeah getting pyramid scheme'd would be really shit

your life is worth less than a metal rectagle with paper glued on

Guffawed mightily also stoned

I work twelve hour shifts at a Chinese restaurant 6 days a week, and sometimes my tips are really good but there's some days where I end up making less than minimum wage

I don't really need the job to survive economically, because I can just keep NEET'ing for a long time with savings and some other stuff. But there are a few factors here:

1. The job is within walking distance of my house, so it's convenient.

2. I was diagnosed with obesity by a doctor over 2 years ago, and I really need to do something about this. The other sign-twirling guy who trained me said he lost almost 30 pounds during his first 2 months on the job.

Attached: 1538859819918.webm (350x197, 1.87M)

you will feel like you wana be dead, have you ever had a job that needs you to be on your feet whole day?

I think this may be the worst job you can get without it being illegal.

This guy would probably make ten times more than 15$ if he did that in a inner city pedestrian zone

The wagie break dance

Not bad for 15.50 an hour plus tip

>be american
>tip your local billboard

>$15.50 for standing around fucking about with a piece of plastic board

Why is the economy so fucked

Those working hours are illegal here for a reason. Its pure suicide juice.