Why the fuck does the whole of Africa love this dude so much?

Why the fuck does the whole of Africa love this dude so much?
He didn't even consider himself the same race as anybody outside of the Horn. Habeshas kept Bantu slaves.

Attached: HaileSelassie.jpg (202x250, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3A0ETb9z_PQ
youtu.be/Cv0doIBwWEc
youtu.be/29J9e3ScviY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm pretty sure he has an actual cult which worships him as the messiah or something

Hey,Sacha Baron Cohen is a good actor, don't disrespect him

rastafrians yeah
>like bob marley

Why.
Literally every Semitic/Cushitic group in that part of the world has a word in their language meaning "nigger" that they use for Bantu Africans. It's baffling that they worship a guy that wouldn't and didn't ever give a single fuck about them.

based Negus

>Why the fuck does the whole of Africa love this dude so much?
He didn't even consider himself the same race as anybody outside of the Horn. Habeshas kept Bantu slaves.

Ah what are you talking about retard? Bantu is a language not a race first off

He doesn't know what he's talking about bantus didn't even live in Ethiopia

>no qoutes

>sources

I'm using Bantu as shorthand for practically everybody else outside of the Horn, I know West Africans etc don't fit into that but I couldn't be bothered to say "everybody else in Africa".
What I'm trying to say is "Black Africans that are not from the Horn of Africa. I'm aware my use of the term Bantu is inaccurate.
Habeshas actually kept Nilotic slaves if we want to stick to actual accuracy.

It’s because Ethiopia was one of the few countries that successfully fought back against European colonials. Yes the Italians eventually won, but it was a phyrric victory. After WW2 it was independent, while the rest of Africa was still under European rule. Many other Africans took this as an inspiration, such as Ethiopia’s flag colors, red/yellow/green.

Meanwhile, some Jamaicans thought he was the Messiah. Halile Selassie himself didn’t really acknowledge this, but the Jamaicans persisted.

>africa loves him
>italian made a song about him
really makes you think
youtube.com/watch?v=3A0ETb9z_PQ
ME I PRAISE KING SELASSIE

Seems pretty shallow to champion the country for something like that when Italy literally invaded Ethiopia under the pretense of abolishing the long-running chattel slavery of Nilotic and Omotic peoples in the country.

i was expecting this
youtu.be/Cv0doIBwWEc

Probably an east African subhuman living in Italy

or this
youtu.be/29J9e3ScviY

Bantus are true Blacks

African here.

I have never heard about him.

Probably an African living in Denmark

Eh, it was still more of a “look guys I can colonize too like Britain” thing. Italy got the scraps, and it wasn’t easy to obtain either.

who is it?
looks like Nicolas cage in his next role

Somalis hate him

It's Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia. You can read the filename you know.
Somalis hate him and have hated Ethiopia for over a thousand years lmao. They were fucked pretty badly by Ethiopia in the past 40 years.

he's actually a t*rrone living in kingston town

Idris Elba