Where is your country's "bible belt" or highly religous area?

Where is your country's "bible belt" or highly religous area?

Attached: biblebelt-58b9e03a5f9b58af5cbd3304.jpg (768x626, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskEurope/comments/8mxt9h/does_your_country_have_a_bible_belt/
youtube.com/watch?v=z7667jwwX00
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompromat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

here is the answer on my favourite website

reddit.com/r/AskEurope/comments/8mxt9h/does_your_country_have_a_bible_belt/

The red area is the most conservative and religious states. I live there! and I'm gay and atheist lol

Attached: 800px-Guerra_cristera.png (800x537, 109K)

huh, really makes you think

Attached: HDI by state.jpg (1469x1383, 200K)

Now see where the heaviest concentration of blacks is. It overlaps perfectly with the low HDI counties.

India has a "cow belt".

East Germany (former communist): 100% atheist
Protestant (North) Germany: Not very religious
Catholic (South) Germany: Conservative and religious

>what was the civil war and the historically poor south
American education everyone

Now I know I should visit east germany and no the other regions

>Blacks should stop talking about slavery it was such a long time ago
>The South is poor because dem yankees civil war etc etc

The purple part near the middle.

If they catch you with cigarettes or cameras you're fucked.

Attached: Saudi_Arabia,_administrative_divisions_-_ar_-_colored.png (720x600, 158K)

If you are the gay Mexican that posted earlier I would suggest otherwise. Them being atheist does not mean that they are tolerant of gays, in fact they are definitely the most homophobic people in Germany.
They basically have the same mentality as Poles and other Eastern Euros with regards to gays and immigrants.

Direct negative correlation between religion and quality of the state, go figure

Since you seem to be a fool let me educate you
The south was poor even before the war mate. Sherman burned shit. Reconstruction was a thing for a reason.
The south was always poor and dumb.

hardly any blacks in oklahoma or west virginia

Entire country is equally religious, no regional differences really

What is the least religious area?

Attached: Religions in argentina.png (826x1170, 39K)

Coastal orange to the west (which ironically includes Mecca) and eastern coast yellow.

aren't those lower crime states?

no

I infered from your sentence that you felt that the Northerners caused the South to be poor

Yellow east are the ones who drive over to bahrain to get shitfaced?

overlay this with religion and you will see the good states are CATHOLIC BULLS

Kek, yes but they do it in a more civilized manner. The problematic ones drive all the way from center green (5 hours each way).

what exactly does most and least religious mean in the context of your country? what is the average?

>marginal HDI difference
>also has Utah as an outlier
Why are leafs so shit at understanding data?

>difference between Mexico and Norway is "marginal"
seething Dixie faggot

Maybe Alsace-Lorraine.

heard about that as well

but what's historical reason behind that?

Average is your Saudi memes probably.
More religious is what I said, don't carry a camera (haram) and you better not be seen walking outside during prayer time.
Less religious is pretty much secular level, with many women not even wearing hijab.

That thread is nonsense when it comes to bible belt influence in the USA. Evangelicals are next to nothing in terms of the population. The only reason why you even hear of them is because of the Electoral College system plus the vapid sensationalism of our media.

Nobody on a day to day life bothers with Evangelicals. They're like the Amish. Irrelevant.

Birthplace and stronghold of Wahhabism is Uyayna which is next to them. Plus the fact that they are ultra autistic nomads with no contact with the outside world until recently.

Really? It is not the idea we have of Saudi Arabia.

That's because religion is for niggers.

>The most conservative part of Saudi Arabia is al-Qassim province, a 250-mile drive west across the desert plateau from the capital. Cities here have seen repeated challenges to the authority of the Saud family. There were riots when women's education was introduced in the 1960s and in the 1990s the province was a base for the "awakening" movement of radical clerics who inspired and influenced Osama bin Laden.

>Here both the house of al-Saud and establishment clerics close to the current king are seen with unspoken suspicion. From al-Qassim, "Riyadh looks like Paris and [the relatively tolerant port city of] Jeddah looks like Bangkok," says one Saudi reformer.

So yes it's not all the same.

Why cigarettes and cameras? And how fucked are we talking?

Are they rich too?

lmao, i'm a chi you dumb nigger

Cigarettes are haram and cameras create imagery that may lead to idolatry which is extremely haram. See how their autism works?

No idea how fucked because people know in advance how to behave if they go there, but I would guess at least a good beating and then a night at the police station kek

>Average is your Saudi memes probably.
i don't know what saudi memes are

>south has highest concentration of poor niggers in the country
>south is the dumbest region in the country
Really makes you think huh

Disproportionately rich. Even the royal family doesn't mess with them so they appease them with powerful positions which leads to funneling the shekels to their desolate shithole. They are our "merchants".

like all the country except for those depopulated jungle-deparments at the south maybe.

they did, they're the ones who freed all the niggers

Attached: saudiball.jpg (800x2655, 610K)

I didn't realize Colombia was highly religious. I mean I know you're Catholics like most Latinos but I didn't know you were hardcore about it.

are they backward people? then I guess they are more like Native American than merchants

>what was the civil war
140 years ago and started by the retarded southerners.

this map is wrong, unless maybe it is from 2018/19?

Attached: HDIbyState.jpg (361x811, 63K)

>The south was always poor and dumb
And they had the same predominantly Baptist religious views. Really makes you think.

The constant struggle between the US-Saudi relationship is that the Royal family wants to secularize and modernize but the average Saudi citizen doesn't seem to want to do that

What can the USA and Saudi Arabia do to improve this situation? I'm afraid, with the decline of oil consumption in the world, if we don't solve this situation soon you guys are going to be 10001% fucked

>and [the relatively tolerant port city of] Jeddah looks like Bangkok
I had a lab partner in college from Jeddah. He said the heat and humidity in summer was brutal.

>the Royal family wants to secularize
You've been MBSpilled, I see.

60% is pretty bad but the US midwest gets worse (80%-90%)

Attached: file.png (1713x329, 115K)

I'm talking about before Muhammad BoneSaw. The Saudi royals have consistently been better than the Wahabbi religious faction in their society

That is MbS's plan, or was as least until he decided to cut up a journalist in Istanbul, dissolve his body, then introduce the sludge into Turkish water supply by disposing of it in a water well.

Is secularism getting prevelant among the population? For a strange reason i want to visit SA for being the last real theocratic nation. How long will it stay that way?

It's bad but you sort of get used to it. Same in the east coast if not worse.

All of the Saudi students actually took summer classes but went home for winter break. For spring break a bunch used to go to Miami.

The royals have always been very secular except for very few outliers.

I'm glad to see Saudi citizens angry about this too. The USA put a lot of faith into MBS (and Xi Jinping of China, for that matter) to try to adopt more humanist policies, but I'm afraid that there's going to be an international reversal to punish those particular leaders for abusing their people

Obviously the USA is full of bullshit actions and sometimes selfish events but I hope we can help put pressure on countries to treat their citizens ethically. Yes this means imperialism of Western ethics, but I sincerely believe that the Western code of ethics regarding human rights is superior. The past century or two has been a matter of convincing other countries outside Frankreich to believe the same ideals.

It never was a true theocracy. Iran is what you're looking for. Go there before America bombs them.

Would you be imprisoned for this post if the police saw it? Genuine question, I'm not memeing on you.

MbN, MbS's predecessor, was CIA's choice and as brutal as he was with the terrorists nobody thinks he would've made such a stupid mistake as this (or the Qatar fiasco, or the Yemen war for that matter). Trump has different agenda though and he doesn't care what the CIA or State Department have to say.

That's like asking a German or British poster if he'd get in trouble for posting racist remarks here.

How do Saudis perceive environmentalism? Aramco sponsored this big production on your seas and got David Attenborough to narrate it, which is a bit odd coming from an oil company.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7667jwwX00

Attached: Norwegian-bible-belt[1].png (540x550, 45K)

Even the coldest most pragmatic realpolitik proponents agree that human rights is, deliberately and strategically, part of what we're selling.

So yes or no? Sorry I don't know how much of the European racism laws are real.

It's a sad day when the USA has to spread its values through the CIA, which is a non-democratic organization. Soft power should be the ideal case, but with any country it always devolves into economic arguments about money.

With climate change I think we're ignoring a lot of external economic costs, especially with American fracking and Saudi oil policy. The only way to fix this situation is to cooperate and bite the bullet in terms of costs. Russia is in the top #3 as well, so they need to be dragged kicking and screaming to the negotiating table too.

Did al-qaeda really had insintualised help for 11/9 from Saudi goverment? Also isnt Iran tranny meltpot of ME? They also seem to dress fairly normal

Yes and no. Realistic geopoltics involves the _perception_ of human rights, i.e. "we can do it so long as we can get away with it." which I think is different from a true humanist policy.

Realism is about the perception of soft power while reinforcing one's hard power.

Point taken.

Not odd at all. Oil shekels. But thanks for the link I haven't seen it before.

That company is very interesting because it was American. The Americans are better at imperialism than the British in that they try to pacify the locals. One way not to anger the locals is not to mess up the local environment. They have full environmental protection programs from that time even though they were absolutely no regulations whatsoever. I give the Americans credit for this.

They're very real but no one cares what an anonymous posts on a Mongolian throat singing appreciation forum. I'd be more concerned if I was British actually.

The CIA and State Department with their career experts can make wiser long term decisions than a guy who doesn't know where countries are on the map and is in it for 4/8 years tbqh.

Right on, fair enough. What kinds of things do normal Joes (normal Yusufs?) get punished for there?

If they did I don't know about it.
Their tranny thing is a way to deal with their homos. "You want to suck dick? Ok then we'll make you a woman first, for free".
They don't dress normal AFAIK, they wear abayas and they still have religious police that enforces this (we don't).

>They have full environmental protection programs from that time even though they were absolutely no regulations whatsoever.

That's very interesting. Very visionary really that any oil company would think about these issues decades before it was popular or legally mandated.

>One way not to anger the locals is not to mess up the local environment.

Supposedly Iraq's wetlands recovered in the years after the US invasion. Locals who had grown up fishing among the reeds, only to watch the marshes get drained during Saddam's centralized economic management, were able to return to their former homes.

I think that's because American imperialism coincided with our most environmentally-friendly President, Teddy Roosevelt., who established like 20-30% of the country's territory as forest preserves.

Historically I think the big problem is that although the British started the Industrial Revolution that has begun to pollute our planet (as well as inventing plastics) the USA has scaled that activity up to the point of 315 million people doing that activity, despite our environmentalist tendencies. Despite the culture factor, we have polluted so much.

Considering China has 3x our population and doesn't give a shit about Roosevelt-style environmentalism beyond their water tables, I think that we need to take rapid action to fix the situation.

Attached: file.png (980x805, 1.13M)

Life is much more normal here than you think. It starts becoming weird if you're famous and influential. Like that one cleric that went to prison and may be sentenced to death soon, one of his crimes is sympathizing with Qatar when all he did is a tweet that praised God and a prayer for God to help amend things after the news of a phonecall between MbS and the Emir of Qatar.

Aramco is very interesting to read about. Literally the richest company in history (and a country within a country) and very little is known to outsiders.

Holy shit. Why are things fucked up between the royal family and Qatar?

Long story. Short answer is MbZ. Long answer is 1996.

To be honest that's similar to the Soviet system of "Кoмпpoмaт" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompromat in which normal citizens are only punished if they stand out and threaten the established power structure

I notice this more and more in the USA too, with Facebook and Twitter. Unless you have the right opinions regarding the regime, you are usually ignored. But the moment you threaten the capitalist "preferred" candidates in elections, there's a horde of interns and recruits who investigate your history to try to drum up dirt on you to ruin your electoral campaign.

With the case of Donald Trump and Alex Ocasio-Cortex, both got elected successfully despite the moneyed interests. However, I am very aware of how much money infiltrates our politics.

What is your country's Bağcılar

Attached: bagcilar.png (1005x875, 330K)

Ocasio-Cortez*

American tumblr white whore

>Cuban
>white whore
wut

Yeah she's retarded about ICE but she's right about everything else.

Do general Saudis even care about Palestinians anymore? Or have you followed the Saud family and just completely sold the soul to Israel. I'm genuinely interested

I second this. Good question.