I want to travel the entirety of the Silk Road from Istanbul to Beijing...

I want to travel the entirety of the Silk Road from Istanbul to Beijing. Has anyone done this or been to any of the cities? What do you think this trip would be like?

Attached: 1280px-Silk_route.jpg (1280x833, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikitravel.org/en/Silk_Road
youtube.com/watch?v=v-jRQizp9yc
www2.bharian.com.my/hujung-minggu/kembara/2018/01/379169/geng-otai-kongsi-pengalaman-ekspedisi-kl-london
youtube.com/watch?v=LG3jSAUIezM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think if you follow the route exactly in that map, you will be in for some trouble, but otherwise it should be feasible (but still risky).

Seems dangerous tb h

I'd pack some serious firepower if I were you.

I doubt literal firepower will be legal for me anywhere along this route.

Where would you guys see the most trouble happening? I should have picked a better pic for my OP with a more specific route. Let me find one.

Obviously the most dangerous parts are going to be Iran ,iraq, syria and turkey

This fucking article was too lazy to include a map but it is in itinerary form so the specifics are there.

How dangerous is Iran, really? And is eastern Turkey a bad place to be a white American?

Forgot link. wikitravel.org/en/Silk_Road

>be american
>want to visit the middle east where people rightfully hate your guts
Do you want to end up like the two Danish girls who were beheaded in Morocco not too long ago?

Nobody gets out of life alive, Tim.

This.
If you value your life I would stay away from the middle east ( besides Israel).

Would it be any easier if I wore a Blue Jays cap and a Maple Leafs jersey? How would they know the difference?

It won't matter.
If you look white you will be killed by the locals there.
You need to understand something, this is not your suburb, these muslim countries are shitholes,.

maybe the real silk road was the friends we made along the way

iran isn't that dangerous if you follow that route and go north instead of into afghanistan

t. muhammad from turku.

Will you call his parents when the iranians will murder him ?

Iran seems like one of the best parts of the trip. Great history and sights, supposedly beautiful nature, great food, and god tier hospitality culture. I'd do a trip just exploring Iran by itself if felt assured that I knew where to avoid.

travel how?
by road? by plane?
i would take the southern blue route

I was referring to the land route, by road.

Based anti-Iran JIDF shill

Attached: This++wants+to+quotclaim+back+spainquot+but+all+hes+_6ba3a259b0e4368043945291b77ee9ed.jpg (912x905, 96K)

Iran doesn't like America, but ti's one of the safer countries over there.

Iranian people are really nice in my experience, although of course I'm talking about ones I've met in America. My hope is that they would be able to separate individual Americans from the actions of our government, but that's probably a bit naive. That's why I was wondering if I should say I should just LARP as a leaf while I'm there.

eastern turkey is CUTE, even the kurdish parts aren't too bad now

youtube.com/watch?v=v-jRQizp9yc

Turkish isn't what I'd call a pretty language, but it sounds cool.

The annual 4WD convoy trips from Kuala Lumpur to London takes 3-4 months, not sure about motorcycle convoys.
www2.bharian.com.my/hujung-minggu/kembara/2018/01/379169/geng-otai-kongsi-pengalaman-ekspedisi-kl-london
Sorry no English links.
Not sure about burgerlanders but here whitey head is worth 300k -1million usd ransom depending on how much local govt is willing to pay for your life so it's unlikely for someone to kill you at random.

>hospitality culture
> hospitality is culture
fucking hate firsties
hope you get raped by isis fagit

>le they hate duh americans!!
Middle eastern people are one of the most hospitable in the world

t. muhammad from Oslo.

We have seen how hospitable they were to these 2 poor scandinavian girls who were beheaded by those smelly evil brown arabs.

Different cultures have different ideas of it and varying levels of it. Chill out, nigga.

If you're going to cross the desert you might wanna follow what this guy is doing

youtube.com/watch?v=LG3jSAUIezM

based juden