Fuck English

>tfw you realise German language is structured better than english.

Attached: c31878bd-7955-45dd-ad75-3a20250f182f.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_PwzhQA-RNE?t=46
dailymotion.com/video/x36iqmn
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VOKL-wyvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-48-pm7v0SE
youtube.com/watch?v=5KB_EvA4YbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both languages have their strengths and weaknesses

i wish i didn’t sleep in my german classes

jaja Ordnung muss sein heil Hitler

>non-conjugated verbs on the end of sentences
>Genders
Yeah no english is better

Fuck you, post one German song that has this much soul

youtu.be/_PwzhQA-RNE?t=46

>though through thorough
>reed read read red
>queue
Top language you've got there, where every second native speaker is too stupid to distinguish between their/there/they're and other related homophones

dailymotion.com/video/x36iqmn

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VOKL-wyvQ

are videos not blocked in germany on dailymotion or someting

they had a new agreement with GEMA but a lot is still blocked from what i could tell

you can change the location in the youtube settings
but still some aren't on youtube
this one has a lot of soul too: youtube.com/watch?v=-48-pm7v0SE

>listening to mainstream """music""" where not the quality is important but how much money was spent on marketing

? I fucking hate mainstream music, what are you on about Hans

non-mainstream music is not licenced by GEMA and therefore won't be blocked

>hurr durr music can't be good if more than 5 people know it hurr durr I'm so special
kys

>hurr durr I listen to music which was "selected" by other people "for me"

Ein bischen

I prefer English's tenses.

Ja mein Deutsche bruder

>Austitic grammar
>takes 50% longer to say anything
>genders
nah

This. German is just straight tovthe subject. Sentences flow like a river.

Fuck both Tbh, literally any Latin/Romance language is better than g*rmanic ones in every possible regard.
Why didn't Italians colonise more stuff? It's such a travesty that their language isn't worth learning from a practical standpoint.

>implying aesthetic sounding language isn't important

>impliziere, dass Deutsch nicht ästhetisch ist
Halt deine Fettfresse, Dickerchen, ok?

I was defending German you duhm-ass

That's why you should learn Dutch. The beat of both. Viezerik.

>takes 50% longer to say anything
no, german sentences are usually far shorter than english ones

verpiss dich

english literally doesn't make sense
you have to memorize how words are pronounced like wtf
atleast german is phonetic like all languages should be

If I'm not mistaken, modern English developed as something of a pidgin between French and Old English, which was very similar to German, losing the finegrain structure of both and reducing to the common denominator of either's grammar, but essentially doubling the vocabulary.

Were it not for this development, we would speak a language very similar to modern German.

Indeed mein Freund! I always knew that english was basically German but they underwent a severe trauma and started spelling and speaking like retards...

It's easy when you realize english is actually logographic.

It's more likely a semi pidgin of Old Norse and Old English whose vocabulary was then affected by Norman French.

i was talking about german. I went to a wedding in both and the cunt went on in 5 minutes in german and then just a couple of words in english. English with phonetic spelling is the final and ultimate language.

Attached: langspeed.jpg (613x530, 143K)

I personally have no fucking clue why people can't grasp there/their/they're. It's an easy concept and different spelling where it shouldn't be confusing for someone over the age of 5

ok
but do you have an actual argument, why english is supposed to be "shorter"
and do you have any proof for it?

Also to ask a question is reallly fast in german unlike in english, "excuse i was wondering if you would be so kind enough to grant me the favor to let me know where the cinema is located"

German "entschuldigung, wie komme ich zum Kino"

U shud kil urself :^)

Portuguese is better

OOga BOOga

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>english
>not a romance language
Please...

Attached: Le26.png (1200x1196, 125K)

>all the elegance of german
>all the grammatical sensibility of english

Why do anglos love talking about the languages they don't speak yet?

I'm sorry Pierre, I do appreciate your efforts to enrich their vocabulary, but their core structure remains to be g*rmanic.
He's right though, Portuguese is beautiful. Brazilian Portuguese not so much, but still better than angloid mumbling and german barking.

This. Plus, from its Latin heritage, English shares the soft, romantic undertones of a romance language, not the digusting guttural dogbark sounds of a Germanic one.

Attached: romance thread.png (1149x568, 309K)

>German
>good
Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=5KB_EvA4YbI

>Portuguese is beautiful

Attached: 1548793082172.gif (411x227, 3.76M)

it's right there we have slightly more information per syllable and say each syllable faster
probably because we have a bigger vocabulary or something and don't have to twust our tongues around ich's

It's an easy way to root out brainlets
Not being able to distinguish between them is a red flag and lets you know that person is probably a waste of your time before you even try to get to know them

>it's right there we have slightly more information per syllable
how can that be when every German word has much more grammatical information in it?
German is much more concise. You can put way more information in a simple statement that you could in English.
There is no such thing as an information density in words, it does not apply to fusional languages as they can just bend the words to their need

its per syllable not per word

german words are often a few discrete syllables, where english words are short or can be smushed into one syllable

for example aside from a few like tun or sein, i think practically every german vowel is 2 or more syllables

*verb, not vowel

What he's complaining about is probably the compound words thing
A text in german may have words that are very long because of that, even if when german speakers read one of these words they can be broken down to many other words and therefore just sound intuitive and precisely devided among themselves
Conversely, english needs longer sentences to convey the same meaning

Can you read Polish as the words are spelled or do you have to memorize how words are pronounced like in English?

>i think practically every german verb is 2 or more syllables
no, if the infinitive has two syllables, because they almost always end with a -en to denote its participle inflection
if you take the second or third person form, they'll mostly be 1 syllable on top of omitting the third or second person pronoun.

When did you realize that putting definite and indefinite articles as suffixes to the nouns is superior?

Attached: depositphotos_26894053-stock-photo-map-of-romania-and-bulgaria.jpg (1024x768, 36K)

Attached: romanian.jpg (595x136, 29K)

that's where case endings belong
>Þiudiskąz Riekąz
>hit isti Wōdanis Arbijô
>nehw knewąlōþi hit furi judaiwiskan galaubô

Cases are annoying, especially when they affect adjectives.
Just use prepositions bro.

Attached: The Definite Articles of Bulgarian.png (527x307, 16K)

I think we can all agree that gender in German is retarded
Unlike most other languages where you can tell the gender by the ending (in polish like 90% of the time), in German it's completely arbitratry and different from word to word

German has both definite/indefinite distinction and declension

the german articles are just the number one inflected and the word "that" inflected
i don't think it's a natural part of the language, you can make no use of it with no problems.

You can tell the gender of a compound word if you know the gender of its last chunk though
Otherwise it is hard to tell mostly between neutral and masculine nouns because their declension is similar, the feminine ones and plural are somewhat more intuitive when you pay attention to which case it's being used