Most / Least based foreigners you've met?

from my time in europe, south america, and asia I’ve made some observations about foreigners.

Most based (in order):
>Dutch - Good sense of banter and fun people to travel / drink with
>Irish - Same as above, and also fun to chat shit about Brits with

Mid-tier:
>Aussies - I swear there’s no mid ground with these fags, either they’re super obnoxious or down to earth
>Brazilians - Fun people but a little annoying at times
>Finnish - Quiet but once you get drinking they open up fast and are fun
>Spain - Cliquey af but most are fun to hang out with especially if you speak the language
>Koreans - Also cliquey but probably the funnest people to drink with, saw many korean girls outdrink american guys in Laos
>French guys
>Japs - Nice people but so easily scammed and quite boring

Shit-tier:
>Also some Aussies
>French girls - All I met were vile and disgusting offenders of the elephant pants meme and smoked 3 packs of cigs a day
>Scandinavians - Most vanilla travellers I’ve met and usually boring
>Americans - Genuinely clueless about the rest of the world, had an american in Japan ask me if the language spoken in Tokyo was “tokyoan”
>Brits - Always have a chip on their shoulder when talking to other Europeans

Least Based:
>Chinese - I don’t have to explain
>Israelis - ibid ^

what are your experiences like /trv/ ?

Attached: 5cc.png (560x645, 18K)

are you a foreigner?

Attached: images (4).jpeg_new_new.jpg (600x399, 24K)

>t. Pieter Huisman

>Americans - Genuinely clueless about the rest of the world, had an american in Japan ask me if the language spoken in Tokyo was “tokyoan”
Disgusting. Are Americans even human?

yes

>>Scandinavians - Most vanilla travellers I’ve met and usually boring

best tourist for locals.

>boring
try to watch my Twitch channnel you cunt

I don't interact with other tourists that much to know their personality. They never seemed to be interested in me either. How do you have drinks with complete strangers?

Taiwanese-American here who has been to Japan many times.
Most based:
>Native Japanese - always very nice to me even though I don't speak Japanese
Mid-tier:
>European Whites - Seem pretty cool and interested in Japan for things unrelated to sex or anime
>Taiwanese tourists - less annoying than Chinese tourists but still annoying
>SEA - usually loud but that's about it
Shit-tier:
>American Whites - Almost always either looking for sex or one of those ironic weeb types
>Mainland Chinese - I don't have to explain

well here goes nothing, I based this mostly on traveling throughout Europe (which I know more than any other continent, funnily enough) and S. America.

High Tier
>German - polite, helpful, reliable, a bit too autistic though.
>Austrian - less autismo than germans, still polite and helpful
>Japanese - not really outgoing or anything remarkable, but very respecful people and quiet and keep to themselves
>Koreans - I always talk shit about them here but in person I really enjoyed their company. Friendly people, paid for my lunch and hostel stay lul, also good for drinking

Mid-tier
>USA - just clueless and loud
>Canadians - they think too much of themselves and aren't as polite as they think
>Swiss - very arrogant, but not other faults other than that
>Swedish - Always in groups, NPC mentality
>Ukrainian - surprisingly friendly but nothing remarkable
>Italian - nice and friendly, but sorta dodgy...

Shit tier
>Aussie - huuur m8 I'm so le epic kewl le banter le get drunk and beaten by bouncer woah so kewl
>French - arrogant, won't speak English, not very respectful, narrow minded, smelly unironically
>Brazilians - loud, ape like behavior, shit people in general
>Chinks - no explanation needed.
>Spanish - loud, arrogant, thinks highly of themselves, lazy as fuck

My town is kinda touristic and I worked in a hotel, I met many foreigners there, most of them we're really based 2bh.

-Americans: they're the majority of our visitors. Old people are really nice and are really interested in local culture. Young Americans are nice too, but some of them only think in getting drunk and fuck local bitches. The worst are the marines, they want special attention and really believe that we give a shit about them "saving the free world" in the Middle East.
-Canadians: really nice! They love our culture and want to learn everything about México.
-Latin Americans: mostly Argentines and Brazilians. They are super nice and they say they feel at home, they always try the most exotic food/drinks like maguey worm or alacran mezcal.
-Emiraties: they're weird, they usually lock themselves in their rooms and never go out for days, I don't know what they do there.
-Germans/Dutch: mostly hippies that want to learn about the Mexican Revolution and Zapatista Movement. They wear ponchos and sandals.
-Japanese: they're very friendly and curious, they take photos of EVERYTHING, houses, bags of trash, stray dogs, everything.
-Spaniards: they usually love the literature and the way we speak, can be rude sometimes, a Spaniard said once "en este país de mierda no se encuentra buen pan" (in this shitty country you can't find good bread)

I'll see if I remember more

stay in hostels / hitchhike + don't be an antisocial fuckwit

My ex mother-in-law said I have a "friendly, colorful and attractive" aura.

Me, I don't believe any of that shit, but I can tell you that, whenever I'm traveling, someone starts talking to me outta nowhere, no matter the country. It's really strage... just go somewhere and maybe "look lost" or something, I dunno. Whever I go people talk to me, never quite figured out why.

I live in a relatively small town where a lot of Chinese/Japanese tourists come for a specific reason. I unironcially hate your tourists. Your kids are loud and disrespectful, your elderly act like they’ve never seen a trashcan, and your adults are all depressed looking and rude as hell. They take pictures of literally everything and form large barricades all through the street too. They litter, smoke, and piss in the streets too. Please don’t visit America, stay in chink-ville

Attached: 1FE3CE74-92E1-447D-8E91-8A38929FFD11.jpg (663x931, 652K)

People are retarded everywhere they just speak a different language and have other types of buildings if not Europe,

Guaranteed mostly Chinese. Youre an idiot

>Most based
>Afghan big sister gf who took care of me and made me call her sister
>Brazilians in general, maybe the ones who can escape Brazil are based to begin with

>Least based
>the chinese

That’s why I said Chinese/Japanese dumb Chicano

i didn't take a bath for fortnight from Istanbul to Roma. I'm sorry

Maybe you do have that mystical aura. Jealous

dumb american can't differentiate between chinese/japanese people. The languages are so easily distinguishable and people act completely differently

back to

Attached: 250.png (556x712, 16K)

Attached: lol.png (1000x1000, 569K)

>Chinese - I don’t have to explain

Explain please.

Funny thing happened to me in Germany.
I was traveling there and lost my cellphone and couldn't find it (I was drunk and alone and it was like 7pm). This was near the München Hauptbahnhof.

Anyway, I was trying to call my parentes to wish them a Merry Christmas (from a public phone available at the train station) but I wasn't able to for some reason. then I just sat by the phones autistically without doing anything. 5 min later a homeless guy comes up to me and says with a heavy thick accent

"Speak English?"
I told him yes and he asked where I was from, when I said Brazil he almost jumped in laughter, said the best girl he fucked in his life was a beautiful brown girl with a giant ass from Brazil lol, he then literally insisted to pay me a beer and we chatted for a while. Believe it or not, he had a cellphone with a basic plan and he literally handed me the phone and told me to call my parents to wish them merry x-mas when I said I lost my cellphone.

I don't think I'll ever forget that shit... so random and hilarious. Based old dude homeless guy.

wtf you guys really need to explain this.

Most Chinese I've met travel in big tourist groups. They disregard rules of the host country and act like they own the place. For example restaurants in Paris are so fed up with the influx of rude Chinese tourists they outright either don't let them in or they have big signs on the walls which say "don't spit or smoke inside" in Mandarin.

Also in Macchu Picchu I saw Chinese kids pissing in the bushes and carving their names on the rocks of the ruins with keys while their parents just stand idle and laugh.

Oh and many public toilets in Japan have to have a signs like pic related.

Attached: How-Not-To-Squat-Poop-Sign-Japan.jpg (1024x758, 147K)

chinks: noveau rich, can afford many things but always bargain, bad manners, loud and obnoxious
wh*Toid tourists: beg for money from locals on the streets to fund their travels, literally and unironically do this in third world countries
fuck wh*Toids

What town?

Japanese are cool if you speak their language, many Japanese are just afraid to speak to foreigners. When I was in Japan this summer I just offered to drink to random guys in bars. They are good listeners.
Same thing with koreans but they are more opened.
The most based foreigner I know is half Portuguese half chinese. We was drinking strong zero together, his name was Mario

I know one cool norwegian guy, he was autistic a little bit and we discussed politics. But he was normie in general.
Italians are ok.

Americans are bad
Canadians are redditors
(from my experience)

And he wrote it as 馬理王 lol

I hate any and all expats. Not just in my country either.

English tourists can be unpleasant often, Chinese tourists are the worst, never had a pleasant experience with them.

Apart from that, I've met great tourists from all the other countries, with tourists from the Mediterranean of South America being the nicest.

Running into English or Russian tourists abroad is almost always unpleasant.

sorry :(

>of

or*

>sorry :(

Okay, let me clarify: I think most Russians I've met where kind of nouveau riche, so that's always a good set-up for arrogance and rudeness. But I once made a Russian drinking buddy at Oktoberfest, and he punched out a Turk before the Turk could attack me, that was fucking great.

Chinese are by far the worst. You all know why.
Slavs are usually noisy, but friendly enough.
French and German are usually pretty snobby.
Brits and aussies are almost always great.
My fellow Americans can range anywhere from awesome to obnoxious.
No opinion on latin countries, never seen them while traveling.

>French and German are usually pretty snobby.

Who are you to accuse me? Peasant.

Based:
Germans - strong sense of justice, serious people, fair,
Japanese - serious people, idealists, shy and bland at first glance but actually weird and a bit twisted if you get to know them well
Taiwanese - nice people, polite, not much bad to say
Iranian - serious, hospitable, and capable people
Egyptians - serious, friendly,

Mid:
Americans - mixed bag, generally friendly, cliched
Canadians - proud for some reason, still fun
Chinese - shit tier tourists, pretty decent individually, country folks often have mannerisms that make you cry inside
Korean - fun people in general, often obnoxious, the most cliquey and basic in masse.

Low:
Latinos in general - fine people but the "spicy" gets annoying. Chicanos are generally fine.
Saudi - okay at first but gets scary the more you talk with them. You want to just get away
Aus - le banter
Spanish - loud as shit. You don't want to travel with them

My Russia friend is learning German all of his life. He's almost PhD in it even tho he is only 18 at the moment.
He lived in Germany about 3 months in 2017. Somewhere West.
He says that all Russians there were drunk faggots that still live in the 90s and most of them don't even speak Deutsch fluently.
They were the ones that shouted at nights and were uncomfortable to see.

Anyway, I hope there are some okay Russian in Deutschland, same is my friend.
My friend are learning in Russia now, his education in Germany were declined, due to very shady reasons, in fact, they said nothing.
Decision to kick out my friend was political as far as we can see.

btw fuck turks

Most based: A MAGA Nigerian
Least Based: This beta German I met in a Roman bar

MAGA Nigerian sounds nice. Tell about him.

>American girl
she was le zoomer but was very kind, she was kinda weeb and said "watashi wa anata wo aishiteimasu" (i love you) like wtf? it really blushed me. went out with her at night, really nice girl
>Chinese who speak English / Japanese
best
>Chinese who don't
they seemed pretty cold
>Korean old guy who speaks Japanese for Japanese class in Japanese Korea
Abe's wet dream, his Japanese was coelacanth
>French painter (?) in Laos
literally pic related? le frenchman
>Spaniard
bisexual chad
>German who looks like Rheinhalt Heidlich
very kind but a bit autistic, i was on an Indonesian train talking with the local and he kept holding his tongue, after we got off the train he asked me if he came off as rude to the local.
>German francophile and French Guadalupian
spent 3 days in Yazd and Shiraz, kind dudes, thing is they spoke English perfectly while i couldn't really back then and sometimes they talked in French, which made me forlorn
>Taiwanese girl
spoke decent English, was kind
>Georgian studying in the Netherlands
best lad, we talked long over Budapest even though the first convo we had was how shitty my experience was in his country
>eternal *nglo in Aljesiras
he fucking begged me for 20 euro
>wog
he fucking scummed me for 30 euro
>3 German tourists
kind af but i couldn't speak English while they speak it perfectly plus i was a lot younger than they were and felt alienated
>Chinese from Nanking
the second i asked where he's from i turned fucking awkward
>German old couple
paragon of the elderly

Attached: Hon-Hon-Hon.gif (500x749, 353K)

>He says that all Russians there were drunk faggots that still live in the 90s and most of them don't even speak Deutsch fluently.

There are many Russian communities in Germany and unfortunately they tend to keep to themselves a lot, but they're all employed, work hard and contribute to society and you never really hear anything bad about them. Same with Poles really, with the exception that Poles tend to be a bit more open and make friends from other countries too.

I guess that other Russians just became GERMAN, so you never would even consider them being russisch without speaking to them.
That's why those closed communities are so easy to feel.

I have a friend who moved to Moscow after graduating high school. She stayed there for a year because she loved Dostoyevsky so much that she wanted to be able to read him in the original language and she figured there was no place better to learn Russian than in Russia. She lived with an old babushka in a tiny apartment and she said it was the best year of her life.

>Chinese from Nanking
>the second i asked where he's from i turned fucking awkward

top kek

Attached: 1535640895823.gif (1000x1000, 78K)

Based homeless guy

Went to Canada and met some international students.

>Most based
Swiss and Brazilians are absolute bro tier and incredibly based and assertive, never got bored with them. Koreans and Japanese can be the same but it takes time because they're not that open at first. Something funny is that Japanese are more open with people that teach them about their cultures, while Koreans befriend faster with people interested in Korean culture.
Also Chileans and Argentinians, loyal people.

>Mid based
Canadians and Gringos. They live in their own world, they clearly express when they don't give a fuck about something (usually you). Also they have various ethnic groups now, so a Canadian could apply for either a white Canadian or an Indian worker, which broads the concept.
Chinese, I know the stereotypes and all, but overall I've met a lot of Chinese who have been really nice to me. It's been for short periods of time though, so I would even believe they could have become bro tier.
Taiwanese take manners and hygiene more seriously, also are more refined in general, but as friendly as the Chinese were to me. Though I never could hang out with Chinese and Taiwanese at the same time.

>Least based
Mexicans, Colombians, Saudis, French, Italians. Annoying, cringy and incoherent.

Attached: 1519466215247.webm (960x540, 2.22M)

>funny is that Japanese are more open with people that teach them about their cultures
it's partly because our English isn't good enough to explain things and try to communicate by being a listener
t. knower

let a couple sit together next to me at an expensive hotel in Miami, they bought me a drink (first and only person to ever do such a thing)
I'll never forget you ameribro

also i let an aussie (sex tourist bogan) borrow my portable charger at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and he treated me tons of shit, thx that literal sugar daddy

You're just a charming and magnetic fucker I guess.

>Japanese: they're very friendly and curious, they take photos of EVERYTHING, houses, bags of trash, stray dogs, everything.
I would like to had asked them why they do this. Sometimes I see them at californian state parks and taking a shitload of pictures of everything but they probably don't know english.

( ´・ω・` )

>it really blushed me

Attached: 1398876596276.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

so can you tell me why you guys take pictures of everything?

Attached: 1412061473039.jpg (768x768, 68K)

The only foriegner I have met here (as in not a resident but actually a forigner) that really was a stand up dude was a Saudi. He was like middle class so not a super rich type.

He was just geneuinly a nice guy in a way that is pretty rare these days. He was my neighbour and we both smoked so we would generally chat about all sorts of stuff. He was incredibly respectful and educated, sincere in his words and spoke in a postive way about both here and his own country.

He even took me in to town once to a gathering with a whole bunch of arab friends he had who were smoking hookahs and such in some weird Arab diaspora place. They obviously did not sell alcohol there but everyone was really chill and friendly. They all looked scary as fuck but were super humble.

All this was when I was fairly young (19-20). At the time I was a bit of a degenerate. I drank a lot outside of work and had a benzo problem. It must have been obvious at times but either he never noticed or was just a genuine friend.

I have never met anyone more sincere since. It seems over the top but just these simple gestures consitantly restored my faith in good within the world. Not everyone is complete scum like us. As a result I really find it hard to hate Muslims and understand the whole "religion of hate thing". I could never be muslim and I know its not for everyone but it seems ironic to me that middle class muslims are among the most genuine people I have met, in a country where we have all different flavors of humans. I have no social media so I lost contact with him after he returned to his home country. I really hope he is doing well.

Attached: kot.jpg (607x607, 28K)

the tantalizing fact that you'll probably never visit where you've been envisioning as a dream land for a long time again because your birthplace is ultima thure at the tip of the Eurasian continent drives us to materialize the landscape as a nostalgic memoir. i was traveling a lot of places for 50 days and ended up taking 3k pics, which means i took at least 60 pics a day

you sound like a right wing incel

English teacher, how about fuck off?

where do you live?

based

I guess I can understand that but whenever I take pictures, I try to get the ones that have the most meaning, helps me remember a lot more.

>which means i took at least 60 pics a day
God dam!

Guanajuato

>>Dutch - Good sense of banter and fun people to travel / drink with
agreed, doesn't apply to b*lgian dutch

>Germans/Dutch
curious any more stories of yuros?

can't be helped, everything is a bit too novel for me. you take a pic of a castle and then walk around it and see it from a different angle and then you find another visage of it, now you are driven by an impulse to hold the different aspect. I usually travel in a weird way but when it comes to photograph i'm pretty much a npc tourist.

Are you the Brazil user who always says Korea has no culture, etc practically every day? Do you really hate Korea that much or is it mostly bantz?

>best
Polish (most Polish people I have met have been pretty chill)

>Worst
Young middle Eastern men (old middle Eastern men keep to themselves, but a lot of younger ones are cunts)

>The worst are the marines, they want special attention and really believe that we give a shit about them "saving the free world" in the Middle East

Attached: 1462786940656.png (1000x967, 2.29M)

>-Emiraties: they're weird, they usually lock themselves in their rooms and never go out for days, I don't know what they do there.
they book whores and shit on them in the bathtub

so you would take time taking pictures of trash, dogs, shoes, etc like the mexican poster said?

Link pls

exactly, i took pics like
> a dozing dog whose face was doodled by mischievous kids
>an empty pack of condoms in the trash box at the border between thai - Cambodia
>dead rat
>me making a posture of jojo in Italy

>dead rat
>an empty pack of condoms in the trash box
wait what? why?

Attached: 1434511004911.png (299x299, 163K)

because you usually don't see a dead rat on the street, and an empty condom in the trash box is really funny you know, you can imagine what happened to the users. they must've had one-night relationship, ejaculating as many times as the pack had condoms

I encountered Greeks,Bulgarians,Hungarians, Turks and Kurds. I had the best time in Turkish restaurants. Same with Kurds, they mostly work in Turkish restaurants and in Romania. Once you get out in the real world you realize we are all human, unless special circumstances get in the way, such as civil war and conflict in general. I was stationed in afrika and i saw things that no human should see

>saw things that no human should see
such as?

Why..?

If I was a right wing incel I would know better than to waste a single second on the opinions of a Mexican but clearly I am replying so I guess you are wrong amigo.

>101201515
Children being raped, mothers being raped and the worst thing we were not allowed to intervene.

>because you usually don't see a dead rat on the street
I guess for japan it is very rare but for me it would be something not worth really remembering or caring much about.
>an empty condom in the trash box is really funny you know, you can imagine what happened to the users. they must've had one-night relationship, ejaculating as many times as the pack had
Do you guys just basically go around with this mentality whenever you take pics?

Attached: 1541983185359.png (782x696, 273K)

standard day in africa, im not sure what you where expecting when they told you they where sending you there and not the local town rapist.

>Do you guys just basically go around with this mentality whenever you take pics
for me yes, you don't?

Peace keeping troops my ass. Mark my words, it's all a fucking sham. Protecting interests and horseshit like that. Never again

Yes!
-Italians: very friendly, they tried hard to speak Spanish. But they didn't understand the poverty of Mexico. We have Amerindian women and their children selling handcraft and bubblegum on the streets, the Italians were "why don't they just find a real job?"
-Russians: very rude and unfriendly, used to make fun of ugly girls on the streets. They drink a lot, A LOT.
-Unidentified Eastern European country: a very shy girl, she didn't speak Spanish and only a little bit of English. She was so damn beautiful and all the Mexican guys were behind her.
-France: very nice but a little bit cocky, they absolutely hated Mexican food so only ate burguers and french fries. They loved the architecture of the town.

There are more, let me remember

Seeing a random rock and thinking if someone sat on it, or got moved by someone or dug up etc is not really in my thought process when I take pictures.

I'm more interested in the emotion/setting around me that is worth remembering in a picture (took a picture of a train station while I got lost in germany, just wanted to remember that moment).

Attached: 1546485601966.jpg (700x521, 44K)

We had an old American veteran once. He was super nice and friendly to everybody, he even spoke perfect Spanish during all his stay. I was a waiter in a formal dinner and this man apparead with a suit full of his medals and stars. We were like " dude, in this country all your condecorations mean NOTHING, just wear a normal suit" lol

i do have that mental attitude too, i think mine is just a bit more autistic. i know relying too much on pics for a memoir isn't really cool

>formal dinner
probably that was the reason. People do shit like that here for weddings, special shit, etc. Was doing it probably for the people in the party and not so much for you guys.

Agree though he over did it by a long fucking mile.

>i think mine is just a bit more autistic.
It seems it is overwhelmingly shared by your people. I'm curious why it is so common, what sort of cultural thing causes this. Sorry, call it my autism.

I'm an Jow Forumsellectual autist and tried to talk with them about their country, Dubai, Sharjah, the desert, etc. But they weren't very Interested to talk to me. Sad.
Probably they were fucking whores all day in their rooms, but why traveling to the other side to the world, to a Mexican town, to do that? They can do that in their home.

i really don't know, my cliche answer is that we like to crystalize things so later they can bring them back to when they are traveling? it depends though, like do average Japanese take pics of anything they see abroad?

>They can do that in their home.
secrecy

>Americans
Pro-tip. When you meet an American tourist, they are Commiefornian

I understand the logic and the idea it is just that you take it a bit more far. OH well, thanks for the answer my friendly japanese man, wish I could met you and talk more at a bar but I have 5 hours of sleep before work.

any other random stories?

oyasumi~

Attached: 1548982640788.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Saudi's are always nice. See also: Qataris.
Idk about Iranians. The only Iranians I've met were exiled and super-scummy. However, I've only heard nice things about them and am warm to their government.
Nevertheless, I'd deport them all in a heartbeat,

Based and artpilled

One Dutch who was very friendly and easy to talk to even for an autist like me heh, but as he asked where I'm from and I said Lithuania he legitimately didn't what that is lol
One American who was super sociable and also very nice and friendly and unlike the stereotypes he didn't looked ignorant and seemed to know quite a bit about other cultures and a lot of stuff in general.

Those are the only foreign people I have spoken to personally