Why is European architecture so much comfier than American architecture

Why is European architecture so much comfier than American architecture

Attached: germany2.jpg (2000x1330, 693K)

American architecture is designed with efficiency in mind
Function over form as that one infamous architect put it.
That’s why it looks so soulless

Unpatriotic piece of shit.
I bet you are either an arab, nigger or mexican.

I hate how dumb Americans are to ask such questions

>European architecture
It literally means nothing, idiot.

don't ever talk to me again kike rat.

European cities were built with efficieny, too. Back in pre-modern times, there were just different requirements. Cities had to be built very densely because it all had to fit within the city's walls. You will also notice in some old cities that the upper floors of buildings reach over the street because you just had to pay the ground of the ground floor. I could go on with further examples.

Attached: hildesheim142_v-zweispaltig.jpg (376x212, 26K)

Aww shit i thought this was a comfy thread.

Because it reminds us of our summer fishing cabins and renaissance fair buildings. They're small, simple, quick to build, and easy to take (or burn) down.

>towns grown over centuries, made from natural materials like stone and wood

vs,

>soulless suburbs made from plywood and plastic claddings

because it's fucking expensive

>being proud of your inefficient, systemless city
Some designs are really cool, even those that include old buildings. But most that include those that are "grown" are just rotting with infrastructure that was never improved, with bullshit excuses like yours given to cover the expenses being pocketed.

Attached: City Grids.jpg (600x489, 83K)

With the exception of SF every American big city is butt ugly. At least Copenhagen looks nice

You are not a true American.
You should be proud of your cities.

I'm proud of SF, aside from all the lizard people that live there

>With the exception of SF

Attached: 1546676340287.png (396x468, 293K)

Lol, I actually live in Mississauga. It's boring, there's nothing to do here. I just drink beer and get into fights at the Square One parking lot at night

I'm not proud, I just answered OP's question.
A long term organically grown town or village will always have more soul than a suburb that was made entirely on the drawing board.

>systemless city

According to OP´s pic I wasn't referring to cities anyway.

Every residential street looks like this. Plus it doesn't fall apart in earthquakes. Commercial districts are meh, but still better looking than any other big cities I've been to.

Attached: the-painted-ladies-of.jpg (1280x960, 237K)

aside from car roads, centuries old towns are efficient
your circulatory system looks more like rome than new york for a reason

American cities are literally parking lots with buildings

Blood is all coming from one place. People start on one side of town and have to go to the other. New York looks better to me

Beauty is kind of relative. If someone hadn't stolen my camera along with some other shit I'd post a picture taken from the carousel of the St Paul riverfront. Barges, hotels, bars, a historic mill, old organized gang hideouts, etc.

>not pictured : hispanics, homeless, human fecal matter and drug needles

America has no culture

Sibiu and Sighișoara has this shit.

look at mold growth, which also follows a web pattern. This is natural growth which takes into account the lay of the land in a emergent fashion, instead of what some guy planned once in an office. You can't even go diagonally in the new york picture lol

Attached: Do1Cnw_iyO0bVWoMT50PAN1k9F9ZcdbbCmQVM-WeoeA[1].jpg (1006x510, 93K)

public transit and roads are different things

>get dicked by Portugal, US, Japan, and god knows who else
>make spaghetti with hot dogs and bananas and ketchup
US NO CULTURE!

it illustrates the point of messy lane patterns being efficient for transportation

>unorderly things are efficient!

Attached: 1543240867493.png (680x521, 115K)

We still probably have more culture than you faggots will ever have

>Only my simpleton structure is order!

Attached: index.png (225x225, 1K)

it's only logical to make your streets in 90 degree layout for new cities

there is a very complex order to the slime molds pattern and it is very efficient, but it looks like a mess. I was going to use a more clinical term like chaotic instead of messy, but in truth there's no chaos involved.

Which island? If you were one of the ones with darker skin you would have culture but not be attacking everyone. But if you were from a larger island you wouldn't have shit for culture, or skin tone, and might as well be part of the west.

>still doesn't understand that mass transit is not the same as streets

triggered bitch

so tell me why rome is less efficient than new york (disregarding car transport)

you having a mindset like an elementary geometry student does not make a grid pattern more efficient

>so tell me why rome is less efficient than new york (disregarding car transport)
because italians

you're just wrong, sorry. german immigrants picked the most efficient layout

so did yours btw

im from go fuck yourself island where homosexuals are not allowed to marry and women cannot abuse a nonexistent divorce law

>being proud of your #7510 consumer allotment zone

Attached: 1514038556774.jpg (2000x1498, 1.77M)

because it isn't, you fucking retard

>german immigrants picked the most efficient layout
you mean in america?
that was norwegian immigrants

American buildings are much more comfier inside thanks to strong climate control.

nice thirdie shithole you've got there

it was both

american cities look like electrical circuits when seen from above, european cities are better for aimless wandering and exploring

circuit boards*

>european cities are better for aimless wandering and exploring
japanese cities are even better

>kike
yup, an arab it is

>American architecture is designed with efficiency in mind
Keep telling yourself that. What American architecture really revolves around is getting the most size and fake pomp out of your money.

Attached: 3029102-poster-p-shutterstock13378984.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

American cities would actually be somewhat decent if they were all grids, but some the war your planning has increasingly focused on cul-de-sac spaghetti.

Attached: Picture-13.png (606x375, 137K)

>one fractally growing system is similar to another fractally growing system
wow no shit

what does this say of efficiency? is pic related a well designed circuit just because it has no overall enforced structure?

Attached: main-qimg-2c0f66b425461494fc4eb698844317e9.png (602x452, 489K)

yes yes everyone in the past was stupid and just took the most arbitrary routes possible, what we need is some faggot in a chair to draw grids because squares are natures most efficient and common shape

WOW hans dont you like Freedom™??
dont you dare run away I REPEAT DO NOT RUN DO NOT RUN *BANG BANG*

Attached: why is suburbia bad.png (1879x608, 493K)

The reason your cities look like this is because they were mostly designed in the nineteenth century
The inner parts of European cities often go back all the way to medieval times when you look at the suburbs you can see they have the same system from the nineteenth century

based

Attached: Ystad 1.jpg (980x9341, 3.42M)

Euros live in their family homes for many generations. Tradition is important to them.
We move more frequently, because we can. We are more about discovery.

Italian cities are the best.
I wish the whole world used Italian architecture.

Not in all European countries, though. I don't know anybody who lives in their home in second generation.

True for me but far from common here.
Our house has been in the family for 170 years but most people move out from their parents home and never move back in here.

Attached: DSC 2014.jpg (1600x2142, 2.48M)

woah, so efficient

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-09 New York drivers spent an average of 91 hours in traffic last year.png (1068x203, 24K)

>170 years
How many people has this house uplifted?

What the fuck, those american grids scream of autism

Many. Hundreds. My grandpa alone had 8 kids.

These are meme old town districts and the houses cost a fortune to live in and usually owned by shops. This is how European architecture looks like as a rule.

Attached: 1047922680-geschichte-stadt-6Z613wSpa7.jpg (1024x576, 145K)

is this real

having 8 kids seems like it would be comfy

is paris as much of a nightmare to drive through that rome is?

Not in our old house, there's only 3 bedrooms. No idea how the fuck they managed that. I shared a room with my brother (I have two sisters) and that was really annoying.

It's almost impossible to build a subway in Rome, since everytime you dig down a few meters you end up in a Roman theater or a villa and have to stop everything

is there any Roman heritage left that is not well-researched?

Pretty much everything but for the most famous monuments
I think when they dug for the subway line C they had to stop every few meters on average because they kept finding stuff

This is like super communism. And I thought Americans had freedom

Comfy af.

What are you talking about, look at all that choice

The street on the OP picture looks very similar to Melee Island streets from Monkey Island. It's even the same perspective.

Attached: melee island streets.jpg (550x358, 65K)

Americans abandon the rustic city that their ancestors created.

Attached: DSCN1097.jpg (2560x1920, 1.18M)

I hear in Israel it's as bad or worse. You can't dig _anywhere_ without finding some kind of Iron Age tools or pottery.

those aren't cities, fukushima hiroshima

It's possible
You have to consider that Rome was inhabited continuously for more than 2000 years. Also Italian laws are very strict on the preservation of old buildings, even when they're just a couple centuries old

Choice of living in the same looking house like the rest of your neighborhood and not having enough private space. At least commie houses are spaced out further apart leaving you plenty of space and your own yard.

Attached: 32417770.jpg (500x375, 28K)

To be honest, this is like an American suburb but with smaller, cheaper houses but bigger gardens

Depends how many bumbs and scratches you want on your car, its not a pleasant experience, then again i never been to rome.

I live in Fukushima.

Attached: 1473934635494.png (554x400, 75K)

It's pretty bad but not as bad as Naples for example

New Y*rk has better architecture than most European countries.

Attached: Brooklyn.jpg (1650x1100, 464K)

looks like a waste dump, with some barbie doll houses in the foreground

>tfw ywn in a townhouse

>earthquakes
lmao

Wow, a regular house. Truly a pinnacle of architecture

I like this amerifat
Gas the kikes now

The problem isn't "American" architecture. Americans had GOAT architecture until cca the 70s.

The problem is postmodernist cancer whose goal is to dismantle any and all beauty standards, and as part of this ruins architecture.

Just consider how many times you've seen a beautiful city vista ruined by a postmodernist tumor sticking out. It's happening in Europe and it's happening in America as well.

Postmodernism is a disease.

Trad colonial architecture looks very nice.

ohnonononono
What it up with all those peaks and wtf is that tumor at the top?

EÖJSTAUD

Shopping malls, mcmansions, suburb sprawls and car culture isn't the fault of some postmodernist psuedointellectual m8

based fuck kikes