>berlin is the capital of germany, instead of hamburg
>rome is the capital of italy, instead of milano
>madrid is the capital of spain, instead of toledo
>moscow is the capital of russia, instead of st. petersburg
>canberra is the capital of australia, instead of sydney
>brasilia is the capital of brazil, instead of sao paulo
>tokyo is the capital of japan, instead of kyoto
>ankara is the capital of turkey, instead of istanbul

Attached: nro0rmasizr01.png (512x512, 62K)

St.Petersburg is hard to defend.

Attached: 1548390306086.gif (249x210, 75K)

only these
you are dumb retarded snow nigger fuck you moma lmao

>>canberra is the capital of australia, instead of sydney
not even this, moron

not if finland and the baltic are invaded

t. literally worst capital in the world

Attached: 120713042724-kazakhstan-astana-horizontal-large-gallery (1).jpg (980x552, 278K)

>washington dc is the capital of the USA, instead of new york

I don't even know what kinda nigger you are

seething melbourne fag

Attached: sydney lead-xlarge.jpg (1280x800, 133K)

melbourne detected

>t. literally worst capital in the world
unironically agree with you, snow nigger
fuck assT*na
oh hi another snow nigger whats up?

>being this retarded and historically illiterate

>muh rome

>historically illiterate

NO you are NOT roman
NO you are not etruscan
YES you are arab
YES you are terrone

Symbolic capitals are a giant meme.
Also, Thessaloniki should be capital of Greece.

You forgot the most obvious one
>Washington D.C. is the capital of the US instead of New York

Only those, also
is kind of correct just replace Sao Paulo with Rio

For most of brazilian history São Paulo was just large city and a convenient commercial outpost. The capital of Brazil from 1763 to 1960 was Rio de Janeiro.
Brasília was built with two objectives in mind:
1. Being easier to defend. Rio is a costal city and thus was threatened with bombardment several times during its history, specially during civil wars and revolts.
2. Integrating the country. Development and settlement was and still is very much concentrated in the coasts. By stablishing the capital in the centre of the country, the government hoped to speed up the development of more isolated areas of the country.

Is that a giant glass yurt in the background?

I know, American education and all those memes but I didn't even realize Rio wasn't the capital. It seems absolutely bizarre to move a capital that'd been in place for 150 years. Cities like Canberra, Washington DC and, Ottowa were chosen in the early days of their respective nations as compromises between Melbourne and Sydney, North and South, and Toronto and Montreal respectively. How exactly does a centralized location do anything in the era of instant radio communication? Defense also seems like an odd justification as the move was made in an era were ICBMs both existed and were wifely proliferated.

Actually Constantinople should be the Capital of Greece and Thessaloniki should be the Co-capital.
Athens should have been rejuvenated as an student city.

>(((Jew York)))

>how exactly does a centralized location do anything in the era of instant radio communication?
not everything can be solved via telephone or internet. But yeah, it was a waste of money, mostly. It didn't really develop the countryside that much, the financial center of Brazil is still São Paulo and the cultural center is Rio de Janeiro (much like NY-LA), but at least the state of Goiás (where Brasilia is located) experienced an increase in economic standards and quality of life.
>it seems absolutely bizarre to move a capital that'd been in place for 150 years
It's was a great opportunity to embezzle money and for the president to show how modern Brazil had become. The president at the time, Juscelino Kubitschek launched an ambitious economic plan called Plano de Metas, with the slogan "Fifty Years [of development] in Five". Building a brand new capital away from the favelas of Rio was a part of the plan.
>Defense also seems like an odd justification as the move was made in an era were ICBMs both existed and were wifely proliferated
Our neighbors don't have ICBMs and being nuked by the USSR wasn't among our biggest concerns.

Anyways, having a city built specifically to be the capital can be really comfy. NY already sucks, imagine if all the politician scum lived there? It'd be even worse.

IIRC, they chose Canberra as a compromise between Sydney and Melbourne.

>Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark instead of Aarhus

So you're saying Brasil built whole new capital just to make a part of the rainforest seem like less of an undeveloped backwater? That's like the US building a new capital in the Sonora desert. crazy stuff

>hamburg
>toledo

Explain why these should be the capitals? the others I understand

>Symbolic capitals are a giant meme.
>>moscow is the capital of russia, instead of st. petersburg
You giant retards, Moscow is, for all intents and purposes, is the capital of Russia. Russian tsardom came about by being coalesced from various principalities under the rule of Moscow. St Petersburg was the capital only for two centuries.

berlin, rome, madrid, moscow and tokyo are the most populous cities in their respective countries. you should've put
>washington dc is the capital of the US instead of new york or LA
>ottawa is the capital of Canada instead of Toronto
>bern is the de facto capital of switzerland instead of zurich
>rabat is the capital of morocco and not casablanca
>south africa has three fucking capitals and none of them are johannesburg
you're right about the other ones though

Milan is the worst city in Italy

*Bologna

Rome was a backwater shithole when they made it the capital, it's one of the reasons of our downfall

>LA capital of the US
yeah dude because LA was such a thriving metropolis when the US was formed

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

>Athens should have been rejuvenated as an student city.
To match the cripplingly debt?

Cowboys of the Wild East
>hey, I'm walkin' here

>>berlin is the capital of germany, instead of hamburg
Hamburg a shit and it doesn't even makes sense.
Even Weimar or Bonn would have made more sense than Hamburg.

What?
That's something an American would say,
But you can barely speak English

Are you an abo

I'd like to learn more about the economic history of Brazil, it seems the country used to be really rich and developed like 40-50 years ago but something has gone wrong since then. I mean, I look at the financial centre in Rio or SP and it looks fucking stunning, like big American cities, all these skyscrapers along the streets, most of them look like they were built between 1960 and 1980 but few newer ones, something like Brazil faced an economic decline somewhere in the 1980s.

Brasilia is too modernist to me, the city is clearly designed for cars, not for humans.

Who the hell prefers Kyoto nowadays? It's a marvelous city but thank god it's not the capital anymore.

What sounds more threatening?
>Berlin has entered the war
or
>Hamburg has entered the war

>Moscow is investigating this incident
vs
>St. Petersburg is investigating this incident

Toledo is a fucking tourist trap.
Rome is the capital of the former Roman Empire and thus incredibly iconic aswell as massive.
Tokyo is the containment area for all foreigners, why would you make Kyoto that instead, the place where actual Japanese people live and go to work.
Rio de Janeiro should be Brazil's capital.
Ankara is centralised and Istanbul struggles with earthquakes.
I don't know about Australia other than they do everything the opposite way so I guess our logic doesn't apply to them.

why would milano be the capital dumb snownigger

gayreek monkey

Hamburg is the capital of Ameriga

Euros have this skewed notion of "capital city" as "the most important city in the country"

i blame European centralism historically ingrained in Yuropoor minds

>tf
>tp

Attached: smugthony facetano.png (1278x1318, 1.38M)

Sardinians/Savoyards conquered Rome from the Papacy