Cultural Genocide

Post buildings, works of art, books, cities, etc from your country/culture that were destroyed and are gone for ever. For example: Library of Alexandria.

Attached: images (98).jpg (739x415, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia
news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/maya-laser-lidar-guatemala-pacunam/?_ga=2.35851875.2121534056.1549749288-315061256.1549749288
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tenochtitlan and Lake Texcoco.
The Aztec capital was a huge city 'floating' in the middle of Lake Texcoco. Spaniards destroyed the city and used the materials from Aztec pyramids and palaces to build a new European capital. Because of constant floodings the King of Spain ordered to drain the lake.

Attached: 1529110146386.gif (900x597, 3.82M)

Attached: Viipuri 2013.jpg (1600x1200, 474K)

Wahhabist dogs take the cake for this
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia

they did this in Medina and Karbala too

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Royal opera house. It was probably the most beautiful building the Brits had built in Malta. Unless I'm mistaken, it was the first thing you'd see as soon as you enter the city gates.
Destroyed by the Krauts in WWII and we never bothered to re-build it because, I don't fucking know, other priorities I guess. It's remains was turned into some open air bullshit as
a part of the rape of the capital with the blessing of the previous government.

Attached: 22712172_1599832653420416_1621558036933977194_o.jpg (1600x982, 696K)

Silly me, the opera house is the building on the right with the columns.

Arabs are biggest cultural genociders. At least with the natives they died unintentionally of diseases for most tribes.

They passed it on to the Spaniards too so you where they get it from

And the Turks

To admire an old picture is to pour our sensibility into a funeral urn instead of casting it forward with violent spurts of creation and action. Do you want to waste the best part of your strength in a useless admiration of the past, from which you will emerge exhausted, diminished, trampled on? Indeed daily visits to museums, libraries and academies (those cemeteries of wasted effort, calvaries of crucified dreams, registers of false starts!) is for artists what prolonged supervision by the parents is for intelligent young men, drunk with their own talent and ambition. For the dying, for invalids and for prisoners it may be all right. It is, perhaps, some sort of balm for their wounds, the admirable past, at a moment when the future is denied them. But we will have none of it, we, the young, strong and living Futurists! Let the good incendiaries with charred fingers come! Here they are! Heap up the fire to the shelves of the libraries! Divert the canals to flood the cellars of the museums!
Let the glorious canvases swim ashore! Take the picks and hammers! Undermine the foundation of venerable towns!

Attached: Filippo_Tommaso_Marinetti.jpg (250x316, 19K)

Why do other muslims allow it?

Zionist leaders and mass corruption

Basically all our early medieval pre-romanesque culture has been destroyed by centuries of warfare against Turks. What is left are thousands of fragments and a few buildings or parts of buildings.

Attached: church-altar-sustipan.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Not my country, but when I watched videos of those Islamic State gorillas destroying Palmyra I almost heard a crunch in my heart.

Attached: images (90).jpg (739x415, 26K)

Nalanda University
Used to attract scholars form Tibet and central Asia and at its peak around 7th held some 10,000 students and 2000 teachers when it was visited by the Chinese scholar Xuanzang.

Destroyed under Bakhtiyar Khilji of Delhi Sultanate

Attached: nalans.png (900x675, 927K)

Attached: nalanda2.png (1024x768, 1.72M)

Imagine what Central America would be like if the Spanish didn't wreck all of it.

The valley of Mexico and the Yucatan peninsula would probably be littered with hundreds of awesome Aztec/Maya style skyscrapers and have beautiful giant pyramid complexes with mesoamerican art throughout.

Attached: ancient-tikal jay-peg.jpg (1071x385, 574K)

Mayas collapsed some centuries prior to Spanish arrival, though.

Tenochtitlan year 2500

Attached: tenochtitlan.jpg (1024x502, 99K)

That's wrong as hell and I don't know why Euros on here keep stating that. They Maya were several dozen disunited Kingdoms. Some Maya kingdoms collapsed and were absorbed by others between the 600 A.D. and 1400 A.D. but a bunch of the Maya states were still in full operation when the Spanish arrived, especially in the Yucatan. In fact the Spanish remarked at how well ordered and literate their societies were at the time of their arrival.

Attached: maya.jpg (450x288, 171K)

The old wooden bridge in my town burned down because of a tourist cigarette (allegedly) in the 90's, still remember by parents being upset about it. The bridge was restored but there were priceless renaissance paintings in there that were either lost or only partially restored.

Attached: Spreuerbrücke_kl.jpg (1000x534, 112K)

>Pemex

Doesn't look very different than what Mexico City already looks like. There was an attempt at a neo-Maya / neo-mesoamerican architectural movement in the 30s during the art deco boom but it never took off. This was slated to be built first in New York then in Mexico City but it never ended up being constructed. Some buildings in California and New York actually feature this styling but it's uncommon. I think the big art museum in Mexico City features some of this style inside too.

Attached: mayan_style_skyscraper.jpg (906x1500, 536K)

Hmm. Carthage in its entirety I guess. Though, I wouldn't call it from my culture. Their culture didn't even survive the collapse.

Attached: DELENDA EST.jpg (5760x2400, 3.45M)

For what purpose

We had a Neo Mesoamerican movement too, but I don't like those buildings 2bh.
Most 'revival' architecture movements are terrible.

Attached: images (92).jpg (500x375, 46K)

But that was just poor remains compared to the pre-collapse Mayan culture. The biggest urban structures were already overgrown by the jungle.

I watched a documentary about it recently:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/maya-laser-lidar-guatemala-pacunam/?_ga=2.35851875.2121534056.1549749288-315061256.1549749288

Highland Maya =/= Yucatec Maya

I think some of it's pretty damn cool.

Attached: 450-sutter-xmas-elevator-door.jpg (2816x2112, 2.85M)