What does this Indian script mean

I bought this sword, I think the script on it is Sanskrit, can anyone translate it?

Attached: 20190209_164315.jpg (4032x3024, 3.23M)

something Made in China

Attached: lima-group-20190204.jpg (780x439, 38K)

Its made in India

>i bought this sword

Attached: 515256123612.jpg (251x251, 13K)

"Whoever holds this sword will become slayer of white bobsvagene"

Its not a katana, its an ancient Indian sword

It was $25 user, who wouldnt tbqh

Bump

open bob

>ancient
man you bought a touristic sword like object.

How do you know?

Because you see those at every flee market or online auction there is.

Says cut your penis off.

Do they temper it in a pile of shit?

>doesn't know India used the be the leading steel manufacturer worldwide for most of the last 2500 years.

even i can say this engraving is not ancient

"poo in loo"

>used to be
What happened? Did it go to shit?

Are you gypsy?
The guy who sold it to me told me its a swore from the Third Anglo Burmese war in 1885

Pls translate

"Open bob or kill you"

Pls stop with Indian jokes

I'm working on it now. I don't speak Sanskrit, and I've never studied it, but I've translated the first word, "éva", which means "so, indeed, truly" etc
The stinker is the last character in the inscription, but I'm working there slowly.

I am not a north indian so I can't help with the translation but i am pretty sure this sword wasn't used in the third Burmese war
It's definitely mid 18th century indian blade but the British Indian army which fought third Burmese war was bengali and Madras light cavalry division both forge their own swords and they don't have These inscriptions

Yeah I can't figure out the last two words. Go in that thread with the angry Indians and ask them.

"eva (u?)va t(s)aupī" is what it looks like from what I can tell. Really not sure though about the second and third words, as I don't know how to read Sanskrit, and don't know the diacritic rules and such. Looking at wiktionary gave no words beginning like they did so I'm at a loss.

This is the whole sword

Attached: 20190209_184605.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

And this is the sheath

Attached: 20190209_184623.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

That's some subpar craftsmanship. And wtf is that handle

Skelly

That's definitely a Talwar
It's indian and it was used by british indian troops but the inscription is in Sanskrit
And only North and central indians use those
South Indian and bengali Blades have inscriptions on their own language
By british accounts it was mostly madras light cavalry division which fought in Third Burmese war with a few bengali support troops
So it is highly unlikely that this was used by Madras Division
But they blade could have been a gift or a trophy taken by a madras cavalry man in some previous conflict
In short words ues it's an indian blade but the story and the inscription on the blade don't fit together

Convert to islam or i kill you family.

Bump

toilet slicer