Admit it. American burbs can be very comfy looking

Admit it. American burbs can be very comfy looking.

Attached: comfy_03.jpg (1642x910, 493K)

Announcing your love for anything American is a sin, heathen

Attached: enough apu.jpg (237x212, 3K)

No.

Attached: srub2.jpg (1000x772, 241K)

inb4
>you can't walk to the store...

Only in the Midwest. Anywhere else and prepare to be shot.

Washington state

Attached: muh street 2.png (1700x825, 3.03M)

Why walk when you can drive, am I right? (seems like there are convenience stores near by almost everywhere) as it should.

Attached: comfy_01.jpg (1658x900, 564K)

Oh no no no no, this isn't comfy. Oh wait, it is actually.

Attached: comfy_04.jpg (1896x832, 544K)

Many Europeans act like it's the most important thing in the world to them when we talk about houses.

The irony is that everyone here jerks out to the fantasy of living in a secluded house in the forest.

Yes, American urbanism is better than Mexican urbanism by far. Suburbs are ok, I would never live there, but they're fine.

This board has a lot of w*men who can't fathom living far away from stores. The posts you see about secluded places aren't coming from them.

Not sure why they are so negative, maybe it's just "europe vs usa"-banter. But many Europeans grow up in places very different to USA and Norway/Skandinavia. They tend to live in urban areas instead of areas that are just sprawl of houses. They are used to living urban, even when they are in what they'd call "suburbs" it often will not be a sprawl of houses so much as apartment buildings with lots of amenities nearby.

Attached: comfy_02.jpg (1628x914, 622K)

It is not "Europe vs USA" banter, they are all soulless with maybe some exceptions you are posting
Europeans love to romanticize the otherwise grim aspects of America, it's genuinely weird. There was a british guy I saw here posting strip malls in the desert and going all "wow I would love to just go through that drive though and live in America, paradise" and I do that and fucking hate it
basically, suburbs suck

Living in one is it's own special kind of hell, though.

That's how a lot of suburbs look here too. I live in such a place, it's extremely comfy, low population density so you have personal space and way more green, trees and nature. Anyone who prefer the city concrete jungle to comfy suburbs is a mentally ill soynigger.

Attached: 68fd22bf86aec59b1af1e728cef27cde5f9711.jpg (800x600, 53K)

Suburban lawns (not the band) make me sick in the stomach. They are such a massive waste of space and resources, what's the point? How does a plain green carpet in front of your house look good?
Either turn it into a garden, a pond or a parking lot. Anything but that shitty high maintenance grass.

Attached: 1547985962460.jpg (488x417, 25K)

My childhood home. Miss it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 5.15.22 PM.png (540x389, 465K)

You live in a suburb and you hate it? Tell me more how your suburbs are like.

Here suburbs are basically all that we have. Tiny city centre because our cities are small, then a sprawl of houes outside. Always with grocery stores and such nearby, and the area never is very large, so you can drive from one end of a city to the other in 10-20 minutes anyway. Pic related, Norwegian city centre with housing outside it. Looks like it would take a long time to drive to the city centre, but it's only 15-20 minutes from where the pic is taken.

I can see the appeal to concrete jungles too, it's just not for me.

Attached: dsc1494-01---.jpg (4798x2364, 3.4M)

american houses look somewhat creepy...
maybe it's because all the spooky films always happen in such a suburban setting

Maybe. Especially those small houses with several floors, like the house stands tall but each floor isn't really that large, if you know what I mean.

I don't know, they hate our suburbs because you can't walk to the store.
I don't know if they are serious or trolling.

>they are all soulless

What the fuck type of housing has "soul"?

They always look weird. They have something very depressing about them. If existential angst was a place, it would probably be a classic murrikan suburban area. They look like they're outsite of time. You see people in them but hardly any life. Echoes of past and future but no present. Spooky.

I'm pretty sure that all the people that talk shit about suburbs never lived in one, they are great to grow up in.

>They have something very depressing about them

so very depressing

Attached: Untitledsub2.jpg (1550x638, 441K)

>Tell me more how your suburbs are like.
Well not all suburbs are alike. I have to drive for a few hours before I hit anything interesting. The landscape you posted looks comfy as fuck. My city, not so much.

>houses all look the same
>no privacy
>still far away enough to have to drive like 10+ minutes to anything of note
that pic looks good, murican suburbs are garbage

>What the fuck type of housing has "soul"?
hello NPC lardass workmule mongrel #4584592
USA USA USA USA USA USA praise jebus hitler and stalin were BOTH evil!

Midwest has Detroit, Chicago and St Louis. It’s one of the shittiest regions in terms of violent places.

another thing that worries me are those trees
they're WAY too massive to be so close to the house, like that spruce behind that house on the right
I'd bring that one down
It enhances the spoopyness too

>hello NPC lardass workmule mongrel #4584592
>USA USA USA USA USA USA praise jebus hitler and stalin were BOTH evil!

This type of insane shit did not answer the question.

suburbs built during the boomer years are nice because they are closer to downtown (~20-30 min) and have their trees grown.

nowadays, suburbs are like 1-2 hrs from the city with little vegetation

how much is an izba fren

Attached: 1547348039365.jpg (890x892, 89K)

until you see that all the houses of the neighborhood look exactly the same

I was making fun of you because you sounded like a stereotypical American
>how duz housing hav soul?? I love muh strip malls with people who look like they are dead inside working inside!!

>suburbs are like 1-2 hrs from the city with little vegetation

Wrong.

Attached: subUntitled.png (1428x563, 1.97M)

Attached: comfy2.jpg (2048x1357, 779K)

Again, that does not answer the very, very, simple question.

retard

WOW SO COMFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 20180421_usp504.jpg (1280x720, 323K)

You're the retard that said suburbs have no soul, but you can't tell us what does.

this is hardly a suburb

Compared to what?

Attached: peak culture.png (1419x514, 1.1M)

this triggers the cosmopolitan latte-sipping yuppie faggot

Attached: 1535664368430.jpg (450x437, 87K)

Bros.. look at this beautiful landscape of freedom... I'm so jealous, I'm going to leave Scandinavia for this. Burgers, any tips?

Attached: CD_2010_0322_0243_xgaplus.jpg (1152x768, 365K)

My property on the left
This is SOUL

Attached: prop.png (1423x691, 2.55M)

*spits out cum in shock*
BUT WHERE ARE THE BROWN PEOPLE, CAT CAFES, GAY BARS AND VAPE SHOPS BROOO???

Attached: 1536277517222.jpg (988x1059, 181K)

At least they didn't tear down a forest to make this

wow... imagine all the mcdonalds and television you could watch... omg look its amazing

Attached: living free in freedumb.jpg (2550x1722, 965K)

i think he means living areas built for foot-traffic. even rural villages can be built for for foot-traffic, with car/train transportation only being needed when leaving the village center.

in pic related, it is depressing and pointless to walk anywhere.

Attached: peak culture 2.png (1363x562, 842K)

>all those mowed lawns
epic I L O V E destroying nature also

>I don't know, they hate our suburbs because you can't walk to the store.
>I don't know if they are serious or trolling.
I don't know, but I have always assumed that your suburbs always have grocery stores nearby? Or is the meme true that it takes forever to get to one? Take Norway, here we typically have 1-3 grocery stores as close to your house that you could walk to it within 20 minutes, typically at least one will be so close it would only take 5 minutes. But even if you could walk for 5 or 10 minutes, who the hell does that anyway? I always drive up to my grocery store that is only 5 minutes away by foot. It's a short drive, only takes a minute or something, but I do it because there is no point in walking there, carrying all the groceries you bought back home when you can just use your car. So to me, the walking distance to a grocery store that people larp about is really just nonsensical imo.

I'm thinking this isn't far from the truth.

I find that in most cases they do not look the same. I spent the last hour looking, and they are different variations of wooden houses with either one or two floors, always with a driveway and a garage. But not copies of each others by any means.
The no privacy part of American suburbs have bothered me sometimes when I see examples. Like, no hedges or fences, but it's not a big issue I guess.

What? That's the part that I like. I'm used to it from where I've grown up I guess. My parents house have massive trees around it (much taller than the 3 story+loft house itself)

Attached: comfy_05.jpg (1634x868, 426K)

Attached: copenhagen, denmark suburbs.png (1489x858, 3.87M)

Please someone tell me what's the appeal

Attached: grass.png (943x334, 793K)

Always the same cherry picked desert sprawls that less than 1% of America lives in. Fucking cityhomos.

Attached: pointe-claire-village.jpg (500x375, 166K)

Freedom™

Do you know what HOA is? They literally freak out over weeds and lawn and other mundane shit, when you get pestered by them you'll realize the little amount of privacy you get.
>inb4 ahhaha user doesn't mow his lawn
first off, FUCK MOWING LAWNS AND LAWN MOWING BOOMER CULTURE
second, when I lived in the burbs I took care of it fine
When you walk outside your door, it feels like everyone is looking at you in suburbs. (and technically they can, they can just look outside the window)
I hate the city as well. I am a ruralfag. Suburbs are still worse than cement jungles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these pictures are always thrown at americans in these threads, but they are truly not how most suburbs look like there? They are just terrifying examples that int likes to meme about I'm guessing.

Pic related, sharing norwegian housing in a nutshell.

Attached: 303_2099948334.jpg (1200x674, 225K)

libtards cant handle how great this is

Attached: peak culture 3.png (1355x557, 1.08M)

A lawn is nice and comfy, but I won't force you to agree. You can grow trees or bushes on it, make a garden out of it.

>tfw you have so much Freedom™ that you have to add useless chores in your routine like mowing the lawn to escape from the emptiness of your life

Attached: peak culture 4.png (1355x560, 1.25M)

What?
It is a typical suburb.

I'm not a libtard and I have lived in these soulless areas for most of my childhood and early adulthood. If you like them, you're probably a fat boomer or wish you were one
faggot

So even Americans post these cherrypicked pics?
wow
Nice, I have 40 acres, I can run around naked and shoot guns in every direction, perfect house for a true American.

the ones you are posting are in areas that you cannot afford and/or were where most Americans settled. Most of them, unfortunately, look like how I posted unironically

>They always look weird. They have something very depressing about them. If existential angst was a place, it would probably be a classic murrikan suburban area. They look like they're outsite of time. You see people in them but hardly any life. Echoes of past and future but no present. Spooky.
Very poetic. Excellent post

>but these pictures are always thrown at americans in these threads, but they are truly not how most suburbs look like there?

Very true
These are cherrypicked shit pics saved by people that are jealous of suburbs

retard alert.

No, what is HOA?
Why don't you just use a robot mower (if the type of lawn you have allows it). I have that on my lawn.
Anyway, I never found lawn mowing back at my parents' house to be much of a big deal. And besides in later years they hired gardeners to do it anyway.

>the ones you are posting are in areas that you cannot afford

He's posting average houses.

lol? all of those were upper middle class at the bare minimum

>what is HOA?

They have rules for neighborhoods.
American talk about them all the time, but I build houses, I work in construction and I have never seen one, never been in one, never lived in one.
I don't even know where any are, so why they complain about them so much is a mystery to me.

home owner's association
doesn't really feel like the land of the free when you get fined for something really retarded

Jow Forums have a lot of boomers OP. Because of this fact they can only think in TV tropes.

>There is nothing to do in a suburbia
Boomers are mentally stuck in the 80's, so they still go out to "have fun", oblivious that in 2019, if you have a computer and internet, you do not need to go out.

>There is no green areas in the suburbs
Untrue outside of those made in the 1980's. These days they are more forested than rural areas.

>You are far away from everything
This is another outdated boomer mentality. All suburban areas have dedicated stores on the outskirts of the community, and again, we live in 2019, if you need anything you order it from Amazon.

I think the average house here costs about $180k, so it depends on the area.
This house by me was $30k

Attached: IS5qbo4i6bl5mu1000000000.jpg (1024x768, 404K)

you are a massive butthurt faggot. suburbs are cool and they are right.

Don't listen to contrarian retards. They just can't afford living in a good suburb. A typical burger poster is a poor fag immigrant so they live in the cities.

does your pic look AT ALL like what the Norwegian posted? Do you have eyes dude?
that looks more like it's in a forest than a suburb also
>suburbs r cool and dey are right!!!!
fat fuck

>be me as a kid
>live in cheaper version of Op's pic
>walking down stairs, put hand on railing
>fucking falls out
>somehow the drywall was still wet from when the house was built about 10 years prior

If you're in America look for an older house, built much better. I've heard Euros complain that you could "jump through" walls in America, the drywall we use is complete shit.

>Y-YOU'RE JUST POOR!!!!! MY CHROMED OUT F-150 AND DIABETES HEALTH BILL ARE MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE XDXDXD

>does your pic look AT ALL like what the Norwegian posted?

There are houses just outside what the pic shows, dummy

All the suburbs post WWII are god awful cancer.

Everything east of the railroad has amazing homes all unique while everything west post WWII is a cancer suburb with houses looking all the same.

>the drywall we use is complete shit.
I build houses.
Why are you so cheap?
Pay me enough and I'll build you a house that could withstand a nuclear blast.

kek so many words, but what a dumbass post.

Attached: e7i4w16d5l301.jpg (2048x1365, 810K)

our suburbs are comfy. too bad about the location though.

Attached: phillysuburbs.jpg (1897x1002, 673K)

look at this shit shack
this is where cults gather to sacrifice people

>murican suburbs are garbage
you are just butthurt poor fag

Attached: house2.jpg (2000x1333, 1.54M)

old american suburbs look alright
new american suburbs should all be demolished

yeah you're right a very nice looking pic of a house no millennial on the planet can afford is the quintessential suburb... you got me...

>let the cherry pick match begin

wtf is that then? a farm? a city?

Attached: UrbanAge-Homes-Suburbs.jpg (1502x1003, 576K)

Find something better for $30k

If you're poor, here yo go, $12k, needs $6k in work/repairs tho, I looked at it for somebody.
It's on a private lake.

Attached: IS9tw5cbr2snft10000000012k.jpg (1024x576, 250K)

>the ones you are posting are in areas that you cannot afford
How expensive can it really be to live in a house like this? Looks very average, even a bit modest if I dare say so.

That's what I've had the impression of. But I admit I wonder sometimes, because some of your own countrymen will differ.

Lmao, that sounds utterly ridiculous.

Attached: comfy_06.jpg (1410x866, 543K)

that still looks fucking dreadful lmao
W H Y do you want to live in a clone of another building in a block of identical buildings for like half a million dollars

HOA’s are a meme, less than 10% if homes in the US are bound by one and they’re becoming less common every year

>>let the cherry pick match begin

Okay, black neighborhood in the city of Detroit.

Attached: Untitledpalwoo.png (1400x580, 1.57M)

You are not leaving anywhere, poor fag. Keep coping and live in your shitty apartment and work minum wage.

Attached: Suburbs.png (631x300, 408K)

looks cute. You build it yourself? This same house in a more urban area would probably go for about 250k+ here

>Find something better for $30k

Attached: ebe367bf0ca42fb657522d7e297be228-cabin-in-the-woods.jpg (1280x1586, 591K)

There’s nothing stopping you from buying a plot of land and building your own house, it’s just that buying a house in a development is objectively cheaper and easier.