Moving to Ireland soon

Anything important I should know about?

Attached: 20190209_154700.jpg (1080x1581, 401K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mic.com/articles/110302/this-country-is-literally-paying-students-to-go-to-college#.5GEOfMtYF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really much to know in general, you got any questions?

What's some fun shit that the major cities have that you don't really find anywhere else?

Why Ireland?

I'm moving for college because I really don't want to deal with the aids that is the American education system

"I'm a poorfag who can't afford american college and wasn't smart enough to get a scholarship, so i'm going overseas for gibs"

is college free in ireland? how will you cover your living expenses there?

You shouldve went to Norway or Sweden. Theyd pay you to go and it would be free.

good luck finding a scholarship that awards $50k+ in funding

Afaik bachelor in Norway is only available for free in Norwegian.

it's denmark actually
mic.com/articles/110302/this-country-is-literally-paying-students-to-go-to-college#.5GEOfMtYF

>Ireland
>Fun

I can't really help you much there
The Zoo, Clubs, and the odd GAA/Football match
I usually just walk around the city centre shopping and talking with whatever lads I'm out with, you kinda have to make your own fun here

don't go to a school that expensive if you can't afford it

Well anything is better than ireland. God it was wales tier boring when I visited

less expensive schools are shittier

Facts
Why the fuck do you think our diaspora is so large, its shit here

you may as well be part of the uk, nothing of value will be lost

In Russia a person can become a student of middle-tier uni without a problem, if it's engineering. By free.

If your family's income is below a certain level, you can get it for free along but international students have to pay the full rate as far as I know. Still cheaper than America though

It's a very stable country to live in and you have a comfy life here but it doesn't offer much for tourists to do. Looking at Amsterdam, that's probably a good thing though. The locals there hate all of the tourists

Honestly that's the truth yeah, all we do is export beef and graduates

what part did you visit? i'm sure there's not much to do outside of dublin

Free as a concept doesnt exist in the US

Dublin
I agree its somewhere nice and safe for a family

Has Ireland a small-talking culture like in the USA?

well what are/were you looking to do? outdoors stuff? partying? become acquainted with the culture? drink?

>we
You're clearly not Irish if you think we should be part of the UK. Wales, Northern Ireland and some parts of England are among the poorest in the EU. That is what we would've been like if we remained as part of the UK

Yeah, in the countryside you say hello/good morning, to whoever you pass on the street, talk to people at bus stops and stuff like that

people in the city less so much, they're in too much of a rush to stop and talk

I'm just saying our status as a nation is not really that significant, we'd contribute about the same with home rule in the union as we would outside it, in a non brexit scenario of course

Why do you larpers have to infest every post relating to Ireland on this board?

I don't give a shit about being a significant nation. China is a significant nation, doesn't mean I'd like to be Chinese

Did you get whiplash from deflecting the topic there?

So you're not denying what I and the American said is true?

Thank you for the answer

I used to think all irish were like travellers.

What did I say that is wrong?

How did I deflect? The American said we should be part of the UK because we're boring and you said it's because we don't export much and we're insignificant. I just gave an example showing how these don't matter that much when compared to quality of life

That Ireland doesn't have much to do and that we don't export that much? Yeah I agree with those points

Attached: vnOXwMnIzSf-lZavW42WHnBXhyDnE0zfj-uxV9Mehik.jpg (726x1000, 107K)

>you're clearly not Irish if you don't believe this exact rhetoric
This board is full of IRA and UVF LARPers like you, most Irish couldn't give as much of a fuck about what's going on in the next room, never mind the country

If you agree why did you act so hurt at the suggestion lad?

>The richest region is in the UK

>This board is full of IRA and UVF LARPers like you
I condemn the IRA but it doesn't mean I'd like to be part of the UK either
>most Irish couldn't give as much of a fuck about what's going on in the next room, never mind the country
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Irish people would not be open to the idea of being part of the UK regardless of their level of interest in geopolitics. Also if you're wondering, ethnicity is the only criteria for being Irish. So a unionist Gael is more Irish than a nationalist nigger

I didn't get hurt, I just said that our significance as a nation or amount of exports aren't more important than quality of life so we shouldn't give up independence and hence lower our quality of life just to increase those 2 qualities

Yes, the UK is known for being very centralised with regions outside of London seeing little investment compared to London and the area in and around it. Northern England, South Wales and Northern Ireland have been in decline for decades because of this. If we were in the UK then we would be a victim of this. As an independent country, we can take matters into our own hands so we're more prosperous

Better to a small pop country will lost of land like ireland than be part of the UK.

Look at norway, switzerland, finland.

Look at Scotland though lad, they have home rule but still benefit from the union, not a single one of the poor areas are there

>Gael
>Nigger
Ew, I hope you're joking user

Ireland is a boring country, except for the outdoors. Dublin can be seen and done in one day and there's nothing else worth checking out. And this is their biggest city.

Pretty much. The best countries to live in tend not to be "significant"

Scotland has played the UK to their advantage to some extent to be fair, they get the NHS and they also get university tuition paid for. Perhaps we would've been able to do that but our lack of sovereignty would fuck us over eventually. For instance, Scottish people didn't like the idea of Brexit so they voted against it but they still have to go through with it because the UK as a whole voted for it. I'm happy to be independent so that we have full sovereignty so we can get what we vote for and we also have a stronger national identity this way