I am a polyglot you know?

>I am a polyglot you know?
>I speak Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, German and English

Attached: 1542823817616.png (640x732, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

histoire-france.net/temps/chateaux-loire
youtube.com/watch?v=pIc6e4PBsPk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What exactly is wrong with this, my Russian friend?

>I'm a fancy word for multilingual
>I know Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, and every 5th word of Polish and Slovenian

Attached: images (5).jpg (234x216, 8K)

They are basically the same languages.

>I'm bilingual
>I speak my native tongue and English

Attached: 9BAAAC923C8C41C69E970F0B95394884.jpg (428x344, 90K)

I hardly call that a polyglot considering these languages are basically the same thing with a few different letters.

Try learning another alphabet.

I know English, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Russian, Italian, and ASL. I'm learning Thai too.

>I’m Multilingual!!!!
>I speak [Indo-European dialect], [Indo-European dialect 2], [Indo-European dialect 3], [Indo-European dialect 4] as well as [Indo-European dialect 5]!!!!

Attached: 5580119C-7F2C-435A-AD80-8D474C955997.jpg (602x445, 120K)

why the fuck should you learn muslim chickenscratch or chink runes?

Shut the fuck up ant

All of them come from the same root and are very similar to each other.

It's like speaking mandarin and then the other dialects (of course the languages are more different but you get what I mean )

If you're truly hardcore you would pick totally different languages like learning English, Arabic, Chinese, African clicking language and some other ancient niche language but notice how so many so called multiligual people could never achieve it?

mastery in English and French is like you can speak only 1.2 languages.
t. my professor

>English, Russian, Hindi, Greek, and Armenian are """"""""""dialects""""""""""""" because they're all Indo-European

Attached: okay retard.jpg (960x940, 195K)

Cope. You are both brainlets.

English and French are essentially the same language with only minor differences.

>second language? what's that?

Attached: bl.png (405x458, 51K)

I agree with the posters saying that you can't be a polyglot if you haven't mastered languages from completely different families.

I'm an actual polyglot with: finnish,english,japanese and norwegian.

Ofcourse I also speak and read danish and swedish since its the same as norwegian. Able to read and understand german (luxembourgish, the dutch and danish german isolate languages) just because they are so closely related to scandinavian germanic.

Also studied a bit of french in highschool but I find that the problem with learning french properly is that you have to really be motivated in finding situations and sources that are in fact french.

Its definitely not as easy as immersing in as the others on the list. Little of interest to find for a non specific learner.

Jag kan svenska och spanska, räknas det?

Clearly you guys have never tried to speak French before
Dutch and German fit that bill, French and English do not

Attached: 1494289878300.jpg (674x672, 120K)

t. people who have never tried to learn german as an english speaker

Nei, og det bare siden du er svensk. Hater dokk noe så inni helvete mye eg.

ive been learning swedish for a year and this feels like im having a stroke to read

Based South slav
How can others cope

Clairement vous n'avez pas apprendu français, mon ami

Attached: 1549627038596.jpg (1201x1094, 592K)

Javisst, men det var då inte så bra. Svenska är konstigt å skriva rätt.

>apprendu
Eh beh si figure toi! Et je peux déjà te dire que apprendre ne se conjugue pas comme ça au passé simple, et t'as oublie un petit "le" devant "français"

Attached: 1511752859131.jpg (398x370, 38K)

And remember to intonate like you are having a big dildo rammed up your ass when speaking swedish.

Grindberg becomes= gRRRREndBÄRjj.

>apprendu

Attached: 1454938257328.png (364x322, 14K)

f-ferme la, enseignant anglais...!

Attached: 1549198708298.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

Bordel c'est du passé composé, faut que je retourne en primaire
Meme pas! Et oui on peut exister au Japon sans enseigner, difficile a croire je sais

Attached: 1497238983249.png (500x500, 296K)

>grindberg
>gRRRREnd
no
>BÄRjj
if you're speakking göteborska, yes

>apprendu

Attached: hmmmm.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

deux francophones au Japon déjà...? Cochon branc rentre à ra maisons...!

Attached: 1547782258251.jpg (671x603, 281K)

えらそうなわけには日本語はうまくできるんですか?

ほっま者の日本人がそこまで外国語が上手い奴おおた事もねえ。w

どちらの方ですか?

Norska är lite konstigt att läsa ibland, men jag förstår oftast vad de menar.

Det er vel ikke så rart når svensk er omtrent 90% de samme som norsk. Det er bare enkelte ord som er skrivet litt annerledes osv.

>apprendu

T'en fait pas, c'est que temporaire
>日本語はうまくできるんですか
書類を記入できって会話を理解できるという程度まで日本語ができるけど
それだけだ。

Attached: 1544526026647.png (362x362, 46K)

日本におるならすぐに上手くなるはず。頑張ってくださいね。

Je parle aussi un peu de francais mais cest trop difficile. intonation ou grammaire sont impossibles.
w

Based and not pepek/10.

Tu viens où en France ?

ありがとう!
フランス語関して、その気持ちよくわかるよ
だってフランス語を学んでいるフランス人としても文法が悪夢だよ
I don7t speak any word of norveigian tho
Toulouse!

aside from german and english norwegian, danish, and swedish are literal dialects of each other , any linguist will tell you the same thing they are dialects with their own countries.

To put it to you simply, the swedes and norwegian/danish have so much mutual intelligibility that a swede can have extensive conversations with norwegians and danes without ever having to study their language

There are norwegian movies where they even higher swedish actors to act in the movie and speak swedish to other actors and norwegian who watch the movie have no problem understanding the swedish actor/actress .

they are literally meme langauges that are actually dialects of each other

Not entirely but mostly true. For example have had swedish coworkers who spoke swedish and could easily take part in conversations held in norwegian. Its more like quirky norwegian with some different words that can be understood from the context anyway.

I K K E
K
K
E

heh I've been to Toulouse, along with Albi, Rocamadour and Carcassonne.

Attached: img_5.gif (450x428, 2.69M)

We share some words with German, but other than that its way different.

Ok merci pour le contribution

Jo precis

Wow look a japanese tourist that acutally left Paris and speaks a fair bit of French,
I suddently really like you

Attached: 1543547971496.jpg (446x433, 124K)

Ok what is vackert glass in norwegian. PEN IS. WTF LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

only those city towns in 2 days, though. next time I'm going to cycle around Centre Val de Loire to see Amboise Chambore Blois and Chenonceau~

Attached: 1549485589843.jpg (772x719, 125K)

I speak Hindi, Marathi (Indic languages)
Speak English (obviously, which is an Anglo-Frisian language)
Also speak Malayalam (Dravidian language)

>Not entirely but mostly true.

also just curious what wasnt entirely true?

pronunciation is everything. Writing in most languages isn't that hard at all but it's another thing to get the "native" sound.

Well there's not that much for tourists in Toulouse that you can't find elsewhere except the capitole, better rugby matches and Airbus, same with Albi
Carcassone takes a day to see most of it so does Rocamadour so you haven't missed that much
>Cycling
Yes! That's maybe the best way to enjoy the south
Plan your path tho, chances are you may avoid a few hikes and go further if you plan properly

Attached: 1516511243115.gif (500x417, 553K)

>Finnish and Japanese
why?

They actually are languages of their own and any linguistic would not call them dialects of the same language like you said.

They are just closely related like german and luxembourgish etc.

whats wrong with knowing multiple languages Dimitri? :/

I couldn't really take time in France for some reason, so it was such a waste.
I'm really intrigued in French Renaissance style and gonna study about basic architectural knowledge about it so i can immerse myself in it more deeply. are you recommending me to hike there? where should i go then?

i really want to cycle the Loire Valley, bearing baguette, cheeze and Orangina XDDD quand j'ai feim i stop to slice it and put it in the baguette and swallow it with Orangina lmao

Attached: 1549107828272.jpg (529x529, 52K)

t. Speaks Dutch, English, Flemish and German

Miksipä ei.

Why not?

The not true part is that Danish is mutually intelligible. It's still very easy for Swedes/Norwegians to learn of course but Danes sound like literal retards to a Swede/Norwegian that doesn't know the language.

Yes and? I also speak French btw

Attached: 1531227828257.png (950x968, 188K)

Well if you go cycling to the countryside there will be quite a few hills
And unlike in Japan they don't build road around them they build them on top, so roads in the deep countryside tend to be quite steep
If you're interested in the renaissance...
check this out:
histoire-france.net/temps/chateaux-loire
>Orangina
Bit of a waste, you should probably drink stuff that isn't imported in Japan

Attached: 1549776316951.jpg (758x758, 334K)

linguist do call them dialects (at least non scandinavian linguist)

and it's funny you bring up luxembourgish, yeah germans can understand luxembourgish but if Luxembourg didnt have their own country and they were part of germany it would just be a german dialect like bayerisch, or saechsicsch, these dialects have even less mutual intelligibility than luxembourgisch, yet they are dialects because they do not have their own countries.

>he fell for the scandinavian meme of le danish potato in le mouth meme

here literal proof that they are intelligible

youtube.com/watch?v=pIc6e4PBsPk [Remove]

again people love to exaggerate just how unintelligible people's dialects are, to either banter the other country or feel special about their own dialect

ah nvmd i'm accustomed to steeps already, actually i cycled all the way to Kyoto from Tokyo last spring lmao
>Saumur
AAAAA i'm mentally precumming already

Attached: saumur.jpg (350x200, 11K)

They're dialects because they share a common language you literal nigger, being from the same country doesn't distinguish what is and isn't a dialect

based
cringe

Thanks for your american wisdom about a county you have never been to or a language you have never spoken.

A complicated question with no clear answer really. We don't work in absolutes like you do in murica.

Like low german and frisian can also be seen either as dialects or languages of their own but they are pretty easy to read for someone who reads german. If they are spoken it will be a bit more difficult if you are not used to the intonation etc.

lmao I love how youre such a brainlet that you dont know that youre agreeing with me

Quite an achievement, how will you get your hands on bikes this time around while in France?

Attached: nice bg.png (2208x1600, 1.64M)

>Like low german and frisian can also be seen either as dialects or languages o

but this doesnt happen, a frisian and a german (high german) cannot have as extensive a conversation as a swede and a norwegian.

that's literally the only criteria linguists use to define a lang or a dialect, mutual intelligibility

>Chinks literally speak a different language all over their nation but are still willing to unite into a greater entity
>Eurotards will refuse to unify with anyone that pronounces a word slightly different from them
Why are they like this? Is it autism?

>It's bad to speak more than one language

Laughing at you Nigel.

Listen up niggeroo, Luxembourgish would still be a language if it were part of Germany

ah, i think i can find a second-used bicycle here and there? i don't know yet lol or i bet i can rent some good shit in Loire as cycling must be definitely popular there. i think i won't encounter any wild animals so i'd like to pitch a tent in the opposite side of some chateau and eat baguette, cheeze and wine while seeing it in the twilight owo i've done it once in Italy already and it was fabulous

Attached: 104-728x376.jpg (728x376, 38K)

'No'

>Dutch, Flemish

>his language is spoken by so few people he literally has to learn a foreign language to survive outside his village
Screaming

Obviously no

The post was sarcastic

Alright nig

Fuck off Ivan

>Cochon branc rentre à ra maisons
kek

"literally the only"

You are the epitome of murrica. You only are willing to think of things in absolutes.

What is and what isn't a dialect is more like a field of debate. Not something you can give yes or no answers like you are trained to do for you SAT test.

>apprendu

Attached: photo_2019-02-08_23-07-44.jpg (512x512, 31K)

>i bet i can rent some good shit in Loire as cycling must be definitely popular there
I know most people buy their bikes at Decathlon, don't know where to rent some tho
I'm sure if you type "Location Velo [city]" you can find stuff tho, what's your starting point?
>so i'd like to pitch a tent in the opposite side of some chateau and eat baguette
Careful not to pitch it right in front, the land is sometimes owned by the owners of the Castles and that'd get you in trouble
Anywhere else is fine

Man, now I'm missing home a little

Attached: Conques.jpg (1000x665, 323K)

You sure got me Nigel.

How will I ever recover from this. Can't survive with out knowing how to speak english.

>attacks my flag because he doesnt have a good argument

Im talking about how linguists use the criteria , i didnt make the fucking rules man , dont get mad at me.

and sure I agree the line between dialect and langauge isnt very define, but scandinavian "languages" are definitely more on the side of dialects. but of course having your own country helps say your dialect is a lannguage

>Decathlon
>what's your starting point?
oh well albeit i said i want to go to Loire and that's the area i want to visit the most (after Lithuania, where my friend is), i don't really make a detailed plan yet other than castles i've been envisioning to visit ever since my childhood, lol
>i'm missing home
whatcha doing here anyways ?

Oh the rules of international linguistics! I forgot about those. Sorry man.

I speak English, Dutch, Flemish, French, Russian, Belorusian, Ukranian, Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, Slovenian, Macedonian, Vojvodavian, Kosovar and a little bit of Bulgarian and Polish :^)

Studying, now I'm doing the thing that comes after, 就活
I'd advise starting in a big city like Orleans, that way if you get lost you can ask for directions towards it and everyone will know where to point and it's easier to go from the airport to there anyway

I'm trilingual I speak portuguese, portunhol and galician

Attached: 2gpylg.jpg (326x523, 22K)

you need learn moonrunes
chetnick piece of shit

>I'd advise starting in a big city like Orleans, that way if you get lost you can ask for directions towards it and everyone will know where to point and it's easier to go from the airport to there anyway
heh thx, i won't hesitate to ask!
>就活
heh, 東京の大学? それとも地方?

doubt

あ、いいえ、京都の立命館から卒業します

seething cuck in denial