DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2136

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for anyone interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1532656501152.gif (500x431, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itazuraneko.neocities.org/grammar/dojg/concepts/intermediate/Intermediateである.png
youtu.be/cb8bDZ2Bdmg
desuarchive.org/int/search/text/How come Korea is becoming so much/
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/manga.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do rtk

Why am I still here? さよなら!

it's debatable of course, but you always have to keep in mind that people on DJT will shit on anything they can't be bothered to do out of sheer laziness

この戦いを一気に終わってあげるから心配しなくてもいい

Honestly I don't even see the point to learning how to write kanji anymore when you can just pull up your phone, write what you want to write on paper and just copy what the kanji look like lmao

>Honestly I don't even see the point to learning how to write kanji anymore when you can just pull up your phone
There is no point. Native japanese don't know how to write kanji either.

The only time writing kanji is helpful is if you need the extra push to memorize a kanji that you're struggling with. Writing it down many times might imprint it into your brain.

また明日ね

Attached: 1309562256305.png (494x400, 25K)

>Native japanese don't know how to write kanji either.

Attached: u_org_9.jpg (777x1145, 206K)

>There is no point. Native japanese don't know how to write kanji either.
nuke america

Attached: 1514672854438.png (741x630, 27K)

Well, unless all of my contacts in Japan are liars. They said they have forgotten how to write any kanji besides the easy ones.

It's the culture. It's the same reason if you go to Japan and are able to say こんにちは you'll be bombarded with 日本語上手です!お箸上手です!You can't trust anything those people say, they will always unnecessarily praise you and likewise, self-deprecate themselves.

Sorry for asking this again. But It wasn't clear to me. Is であります more formal than です? The DOIJG says that it is :

itazuraneko.neocities.org/grammar/dojg/concepts/intermediate/Intermediateである.png

But that that kind user that makes corrections to my writing, changes the であります for です. So now I am in doubt

yes

Nah these people are just as shitposty as me, I can tell if they are serious or not. In fact I'm convinced I know more kanji than some of them.

I'd imagine that school age Japanese can write kanji fairly well, but the people I'm talking about have all graduated so I'm not surprised that they don't remember how to write a lot of kanji.

There is a sweetspot to how much formality you should put in different situations.

Japs are lying scum. What else is new?

「晴れのち、晴れ」の意味は何ですか
誰か冗談だと言ったけど意味がまだ分からない

俺様がね漢字の無双、奇抜な天才だ

(鉱人道士)ほれ しゃんとせんか
(妖精弓手)はっ

>Up you go. Come on, get a hold of yourself.

whats the せんか ?
>military gains; war results; fruit of battle?

does this mean he should take a "dignified war appearance" literally?

Attached: heheheh.jpg (352x352, 8K)

There's probably a る eaten and の made into ん in here or something

妹の裸のおっぱいは美しい光景です

>であります
Uhhm . I can't say it is a properly way to say it in a formal occasion .
it itself is not bad , but it sounds a bit hilarious .
so for example, it was used in an anime "ケロロ軍曹" . he say it in every episode's ending ? or opening ?.
youtu.be/cb8bDZ2Bdmg

if any occasion to use it , when you have to have a extremely hierarchical relationship in a group like 応援団 , you are supposed to use it when you speak to senior.
I can't imagine any other situations.

せ is alternative, maybe old しろ
ん from の
か for emphasis probably unless the translation is shit

Attached: e47c2c4647d880a615e714ed1a1e2720.png (27x25, 305)

in addition , if you are lawmaker or the like in Japan , you are supposed to use it in parliament or congress .
so abe also using it.

So when I talked with the consul it was appropriate? I Also used 致す when talking about my actions and なさる when talking about the consul's actions. Hope I at least wasn't rude when talking with him.

Just a curiosity. If you had to talk to the Emperor, is there a special jargon you have to use?

Or maybe it's even shortened しませんか
I have no clue

>consul
if you are to work there , the であります would/could be appropriate . (( I'm not even a white color )) . and so as others you put like 致します .

>If you had to talk to the Emperor, is there a special jargon you have to use?
I don't know . even if you had the chance , the conversation would be only "hello nice to meet you " . not so much time for you to talk with him probably .

天皇陛下万歳

せんか
せ : do
ん : not
か : (this makes interrogative sentence)
don't you do it?
in short : do it

天気予報で使われる言い回し
「今日の天気は晴れ後曇りでしょう」
こんな感じ
一日中晴れだったら普通はただ単に「今日の天気は晴れでしょう」だけどそれをひねくって使ってるんだね

あなたにあげるわ

Spaces only go after , . : ;
Sometimes after " if the sentence continues after it without a ,
Not before.
Like this, like this. Like this: like this; "Like this", "Like this" as well, (Like this).

全然面白くない

Attached: 1423565675337.jpg (496x620, 103K)

ちの

Thanks but doesn't it seem uncomfortable ? Even though I didn't know the rule , I had been writing that way until yesterday .
Then I realized it is uncomfortable for me .
Maybe this feeling could soon fade out though . and it takes much time to type space . its annoying.

日本語は同じ、句読点や疑問符や感嘆符後に間隔があるじゃないか? ほら。

有邊讀邊

>全然面白くない
its probably a title of some manga or the like . when I heard of it , I can imagine the story like "nothing bad happen in any way" , although I didnt read the manga a bit .
so at least the phrase can tell some kind of thought to readers before they actually begin to read .
whether the phrasing is interesting or not , is different thing , though .

私有のコカイン倉庫は国有化されています

日本語と英語のアルファベットはすがたかたちが全然違うでしょ
これは美的感覚の問題

Attached: vocaloid120.png (1920x1080, 650K)

古い価値観に拘る方があほくさいけどな
言葉なんて通じればいいんだよ
スペースを開ける開けないなんて多分どっかの石頭の文法ナチイギリス人が決めた事なんだし

It's せぬか, old negative form of する plus か.
せぬ, せん, せず, せざる
しない

Attached: vocaloid125b.png (1920x1080, 689K)

そうやって一生文法ナチの作ったルールに縛られ奴隷の様に生きていくがいいさ
それがポールの運命なら それはそれでいいだろう

ふたつの文で何区別にしてますか
わけていいとわけてやればいい

わければいい*

When you add a word to your mining deck do you only add the meaning used or do you add additional dictionary meanings (especially for words that have a ton of different meanings)?

e.g. I saw 練る used for 'to thicken into a paste', but it also has meanings like: to knead/to train/to polish/to march/to temper (steel)

I'm as lazy as possible so that usually just copies everything in there.

I do but I put the definition I found the word with in bold.

I can't tell the difference and both can be interchangeable probably in almost cases .
but If you are in a bad mood, you can say わければいい out a bit loud , then it convey your feeling more than 分けていい

Sounds more literary than formal. Go with degozaimasu if you want to be a memer. Really you should only use des.

お前のことずっと好きだったんだ

韓国の偏執狂な日本人ポスターが悪いですね

>偏執狂
seek help proxy kim
desuarchive.org/int/search/text/How come Korea is becoming so much/

狂気w

Something that has been bugging me for a bit. What's it with using Kanji in some manga and having the furigana be some other reading. This happens a lot with using Kanji and then writing some madeup word in Katakana.

Example case: The Kanji is 敵 but the furigana spells やつら.

It implies both meanings in one word, I'm guessing やつら is what the character says verbally but in reality they're also 敵.

Kanji are an arbitrary application of chinese characters to the japanese language desu

Kanji are orthogonal to the japanese language

it is not that difficult . the technic is often used in literature like novels and mangas.
generally the 漢字 convey the meaning and the ふりがな conveys the pronunciation .
So author can tell the word in 2 ways at one time .

I was right

Attached: maeshimaryou32.png (673x535, 375K)

I'm not going to look up what that shit means

I don't know either but some autist kept saying this while learning kanji in isolation, he died

What the fuck is 音色

?
arbitrary ?
sounds good to me though

?

In music, timbre (/ˈtæmbər/ TAM-bər, also known as tone color or tone quality from psychoacoustics) is the perceived sound quality of a musical note, sound or tone. Timbre distinguishes different types of sound production, such as choir voices and musical instruments, such as string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion instruments. It also enables listeners to distinguish different instruments in the same category (e.g. an oboe and a clarinet, both woodwind instruments).

In simple terms, timbre is what makes a particular musical sound have a different sound from another, even when they have the same pitch and loudness.

2bh I dont get whats going on between you and american.
So you disagree with "arbitrary application", I guessed.

I'm memeing, it's a new topic, I don't disagree with him.
I already read the wikipedia page

For instance, it is the difference in sound between a guitar and a piano playing the same note at the same volume.

Both instruments can sound equally tuned in relation to each other as they play the same note, and while playing at the same amplitude level each instrument will still sound distinctively with its own unique tone color.

> a new topic,
理解した
何やらマニアックでオイラにはどうでもいいような話なのでロムっとく

That's what the fuck a 音色 is.

Sounds like pointless bullshit, you could just say sound instead.

This was my headcanon so far but it's nice to see it confirmed.

なんとなく理解した www

Attached: Screenshot_20190211-045941.png (2560x1600, 316K)

Words I learned today:
音色

Words I'll remember tomorrow:

こんなのもあるよ 声色
声色をうかがう

怖色

ポールにとってはむしろ「怖い露」だろ

?

露 can mean 露西亜

My mind expands

Attached: galaxyman.jpg (960x826, 109K)

The mega for flowers of evil / 悪の華 in the COR only has the first 6 volumes. Anyone have the rest? Is there a place to find mangos that most people use if they're not in COR so I can help myself? Or do I need to dig into trackers?

the megalink on itazura has all volumes though

I dont see it in the general manga section, and the one in the cornucopia/treasure box seems to point to the same mega as the djtguide COR. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/manga.html

open it there

lol I just noticed why you can't find it there you have to write the book's meme spelling of 悪 as 惡の華

>旧字体
Nice two kanji for one

Reeeeeeeeee
This annoyed me but then I forgot about it. Thanks user.

Attached: surprise.png (223x281, 71K)

I'm at a point where I start reading but I barely can correctly identify the meaning of any but the most simple sentences.

What is the correct way to go from here? Just force myself to read and hope my comprehension increases or is there some other way to increase my comprehension?

what would だなあ mean at the end of a statment.

Watch more anime

Not really you only need to read difficult stuff from time to time or you'll be stuck at kindergarten level japanese for ever.

So what is the answer exactly? Should I just grind or is there a more clever approach to attain a higher comprehension of japanese? How do you guys even check if you read a sentence correctly? I feel like I can't trust fansubs.

Just read lol

Read.

If you don't understand something, look it up.

If you're looking up too much, look up less stuff.

If looking up less stuff makes understanding impossible, read something easier.

I need a statement of someone who forced himself trough reading and got better eventually. I know it's obvious that you improve like that but I need some encouraging words or I won't be able to go on.

>or I won't be able to go on

Attached: 1547901331660.png (323x10, 6K)