Why do Americans fold their pizza?

Why do Americans fold their pizza?

Attached: 5E03A06D-D12D-43DB-9454-B0C1D4BBEBED.jpg (500x226, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dxz8GA31DIk
youtu.be/oC_Fvf42NjI?t=168
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theorema_Egregium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

grease

mandatory webm

Attached: 1514576566285.webm (640x360, 2.73M)

because it' the crrect way to eat it
youtu.be/dxz8GA31DIk

You don't?
Show me some Chilean pizza

everybody does it in italy, pizza is supposed to be soft and thin, not hard and crisp like a cookie

Yea we want to keep the grease on the pizza so folding it allows us to do just that.

That's how you eat it you shithead.

Attached: the-person-above-me-receives-anal-25775334.png (500x522, 104K)

maybe if you're an americanized shitalian mutt. real Italians eat pizza with knife and fork

>real Italians eat pizza with knife and fork
why are europeans so cringe?

Superior American pizza folded over 1000 times

who doesn't?

People who don't eat soggy raw pizza or try to LARP as americans

real italians don't care because there is no rule to pizza

Kek

the question is, what kind of terrible non-foldable pizza do you shit-americans get?

Why haven't I thought of this I feel like such a fucking brainlet

Mexican genes. They do it naturally just like tacos

I dont fold pizza, im in chicago and pizza is cut into square pieces here. Except the tourist pizza called deepdish, that is usually triangle but too thick to fold

I want to punch that faggot in the face

Fuck if I know, OP. Everyone else must be eating at shitty pizzerias if the crust is that gummy and toppings that drippy/greasy.

Mexican isn't a race añon

>real italians eat pizza with a knife and fork
no you're looked at some dumb cunt doing that

>he doesn't fold his whole pizza two times and then forcefully shoves it into his throat

im triggered rn

>america:exists
>non-american: complains about america
just shut the fuck up.

fuckin based Österreich

Never been to Chicago. Is deep dish really just a tourist phenomenon?

Attached: wowowo.png (205x246, 8K)

Mexican is a race
youtu.be/oC_Fvf42NjI?t=168

We do that too. The slice would just fold down otherwise.

Pizza that is properly cooked and crusty, you dumb wannabe american cuck. Is reading comprehension not your thing?

>t. only eat pan pizza

Italians do that too
it's more convenient

>>america:exists
Do americans really do this?

show me a pic

what

I have no idea what you and Gustavo are talking about. But this is non-foldable pizza

Beca

Attached: F507CFFD-F283-4EA2-9D80-1297EAADAC67.jpg (550x379, 63K)

They want to make pirozhki but they can't.

Attached: 100_7811-690x430.jpg (690x430, 155K)

>Pizza? Better bring my knife and fork!

Attached: 1549676872133.png (406x431, 10K)

Search pizza a la piedra.

Yeah for the most part. Chicagoans eat lots of pizza but 80% of the time it's not deepdish. Plus deepdish is more expensive and takes longer to cook and stuff. Tourist definitely make it part of their visit to eat deepdish though

Did you forget the pic?
you're gonna have to post a pic, there's several restaurants named that and varying kinds of pizza comes up.

Stone oven-baked pizza. I don't know how those ovens are called in English.

Russians want to make Stromboli but they can’t.

Attached: 719DCAC5-1565-4554-8863-72B7F56A9DA3.jpg (2171x1449, 553K)

Post a true Chicago pizza

Attached: 7gi787i8.png (625x717, 140K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theorema_Egregium

An application of the Theorema Egregium is seen when a flat object is somewhat folded or bent along a line, creating rigidity in the perpendicular direction. This is of practical use in construction, as well as in a common pizza-eating strategy: A flat slice of pizza can be seen as a surface with constant Gaussian curvature 0. Gently bending a slice must then roughly maintain this curvature (assuming the bend is roughly a local isometry). If one bends a slice horizontally along a radius, non-zero principal curvatures are created along the bend, dictating that the other principal curvature at these points must be zero. This creates rigidity in the direction perpendicular to the fold, an attribute desirable when eating pizza, as it holds its shape long enough to be consumed without a mess. This same principle is used for strengthening in corrugated materials, most familiarly corrugated fiberboard and corrugated galvanised iron,[2] and in some forms of potato chips.

They look like this generally. Pictures of pizza rarely do the pizza justice honestly. I've had pizza from all over, but there was never pizza as good as the 3 places I've had in Rockford Illinois (a few miles (northwest of chicago). All pizza can look the same but quality/amount of cheese, taste/amount of sauce and the crust all differ from restaurant to restaurant, and miles better than anything I had was in Rockford, which has a history of Italian mobsters using pizza places as fronts (mob affiliated police force too) Old school italians making American style pizza is goat.

Attached: our-authentic-chicago.jpg (550x366, 65K)

Do they still speak Italian in parts of Chicago? Or at least in the pizzerias?

God what a fucking beta male.

Americans also have pizza parties

Attached: 1549213091300.jpg (600x1018, 70K)

a half german half italian dude i met ate pizza like that and I've been imitating him since. Looks classy desu

Chicago has lots of European immigrants who have kept their language and culture. I've seen many people speaking. There are entire huge neighborhoods of just polish, Chinese, puerto rican, etc, and they don't really leave their neighborhoods much and all the stores and restaurants don't have any English on them. They keep their spots true to their cultureo

who knew you could eat pizza like a raging faggot?

Stromboli dough is plain and cheap shit.

>Plastic silverware

I'm gonna commit murder

Attached: 1549838944802.jpg (720x644, 67K)

depending on the style of pizza, it is more convenient, and can make it taste better.

Speaking Italian*. Their are neighborhoods called little Italy and ukrainian village and stuff. And you get authentic cuisine there.

Attached: cat_gun.jpg (720x726, 23K)

Mexican is a species

>doesn't eat the crust

eww

You don’t have pizza parties in France??

Man that’s some Anthony Bourdain territory right there. I need to check it out

Come on Japan. Don't be mean. The crust might hurt his teeth.

Don't be rude to your latinx family

We do that too lol

Weird, didn't know that.

Fuck off, we are not associated with them in any way shape or form besides a lengthy geographical simile

If you dont All the things like pepperoni dall' down

Yeah, pizza's a cheap food that's easy to get in bulk and is generally something that everyone at a gathering will like.

Where do you live? And yeah chicago is kind of like a smaller, cheaper new york city. And i know big cities in cali have that huge immigrant population who have made their own neighborhoods i think. Japan town in san fran? Idk how true it is to japan or if japanese people live their but yeah, big cities are cool that way. I know most cities and towns have pockets of mexican people atleast.

we buy an extra large pizza and eat it with the family, but if an event such as this were to happen we would have made sure to have already made the food or, at the very least, specified that people need to bring their own.
I have never ever been in a scenario were someone had to bring 5 pizzas to a party, nevermind 30

I live in the northern va suburbs of DC. we have that here, except for it’s Pakistanis, poos, and Africans neighborhoods... :(

>I have never ever been in a scenario were someone had to bring 5 pizzas to a party, nevermind 30
this
your average frenchman would slit his throat open at the sole idea of paying for 30 pizzas

also american pizzas are very large

Attached: 1549211726556.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Sharing a large pizza with a few people isn’t a party. A pizza party is similar to that dominos picture, (although that must be a fucking huge party) where the food typically is many varieties of pizza, vegetables with a dip, and beer. Then everyone watches sports or whatever the event is

30 domino's pizzas is only like $300. Depending on the event, it might be worth it easily.

Attached: giphy.gif (362x204, 1.65M)

arlington or alexandria?

oh sorry mr billionaire, I don't get to pay 300€ to show off my money to my friends

Here, people are friendly and don’t mind spoiling the people they are hosting or friends.

That picture you posted is not typical. That’s a stupid eating challenge.

I would rather have literally anything else other than 30 pizzas to be quite honest with you fampai

This has to be set up. He must be doing this to mock someone. There's no way he eats like that regularly.

I’m in Loudoun County is a newly built community filled with poos. My neighborhood smelled like India this morning

What are the worst things you can do to Pizza?
>1) Eating it with fork and knife if it isn't necessary (very large pizza for example)
>2) Folding it
>3) Eating it from the crust to the front (I've seen it, don't laugh)
>4) Not eating the crust
>5) Using a handkerchief to wipe away grease before eating it

Are there any of those you deem as "not sinful"? Are there some other things that make you seethe with rage?

Personally, I don't mind folding it. Pizza isn't supposed to be hard. If you don't need to fold it, that's fine too.

ahh gotcha, DC proper fag here. thinkin about moving tf outta this place

Holy fuck, it's almost 1am and I get the urge to fly to Napoli right now.

Oh just shut the fuck up.

I want to move out to Winchester. It’s a way better area.

folding it

yeah? havent heard much about it t.b.h, gonna look it up

Folding it is whatever, but the rest is cringe.

Why?

CoL is lower. The downtown area is quite nice, there is a main street to walk on, lots of shops and bars. You can walk everywhere in downtown. But if you’d rather live in the the surrounding Frederick County, there are many new homes, townhomes, and apartments at a ok price. Winchester is also commuting distant to the DC metro area

Pic

Attached: A4DF7DE9-F4BD-47B9-853A-9CA05468B90B.jpg (1000x413, 125K)

Well, I confess that I don't like the crust. I like ordering Pizza to my home, but since I like Gnocchi and Ravioli too, I always order two meals: One pizza and one Gnocchi/Ravioli dish, two large portions. In order get it all done, I usually don't eat the crust. I eat it only if I'm still hungry afterwards.

However, I know that I'm a monster. And I eat the crust whenever I'm in an actual restaurant and people can see me.

Please forgive me.

It's ok since you have remorse