What the fuck even happens here?

What the fuck even happens here?

Attached: alaska-county-map.gif (750x421, 23K)

rape and murder, not necessarily in that order

nothing basically. Much like canadian northern terriorties only basic needs are used to native needs

Russian and american eskimos fuck with each other

It's full of total weirdos. I stayed there last year for a few months. The parks/nature are nice but that's it. Also as you can imagine, it's expensive as fug.

Sarah palin has retarded offspring

Not much really. It gets cold af, and the people are really strange.

Washantonian here, so many people in the fishing industry have an odd romantic view of Alaska. Its fucking odd

Pretty sure this is the census area map
This is the real county map

Attached: AlaskasBoroughs.jpg (1531x1068, 105K)

i mean alaska salmon is 10/10

Can you redpill me on your state? It's one I'm considering moving to.

Sure man, what do you want to know? Im from a city about a 30 minute drive north of Seattle. I've been all over the western part.
No denying that

Imagine being paid every year to live in a specific of your country.

Attached: laughing kek crying.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Lots of companies are doing that for the NE states now.

The aerospace/defense industry does this for a lot of cities.

We’re mostly a military base that people hate being assigned to, but I decided to stay after my service was up. The trees are pretty here, air feels cleaner, overall people are friendly. Hell, I even have an Eskimo bf who blew me when we first met

I might be moving to Redmond soon. Hows the area?

I honestly got the impression that the people were rather nice up there. Does it feel odd kind of being at the end of the world? This might sound fucking stupid but I think the only consistent life goal I have had is to see the northern lights.

Little bit, I’ve grown accustomed to it. I got my ass lucky when my service was up as I basically ended my term right before the Iraq invasion started and I’d have been forced to attend. Northern Lights are pretty I’ll admit

Nice place! I hope you are a millionaire or you are not getting a house. Rather rich area of the state. Why are you moving there?

I work for Microsoft and got promoted. I could go to Redmond, Singapore or Hong Kong.

I had one in my kitchen yesterday

Do you have to live in Redmond or can you tolerate a drive? Seattle area housing prices is insane. My studio is $1200 a month for 500 sq ft.
Any other experiences with Alaska you wouldnt mind sharing?

Skinner?

It’s cold but I’ve grown accustomed to it, apparently everyone has an opinion about Bob Ross here since Alaska was responsible for starting his art career. My local store owner even has a photo with the guy I might try and show

the theft of Canadian coastline along B.C. and the abuse of the Canadian coastguard system without paying fees for travelling through Canadian waters along the west coast to reduce shipping costs

Work would be in Redmond, but i could live outside the area. Wouldnt want more than an hour commute.

There's oil up in them thar hills. I used to work in a metal factory, and every two weeks or so this BP oil site/facility around Anchorage would order 6 or 12 heavy duty pails from us, on a 2-day shipping basis. I'd be the one to pack them up and ship them off. The shipping charges were very dear, and they ordered them regularly. Had to have 'em, of course.

Very, very slowly, the political territory is being organized. I have an autistic interest in boroughs and counties and such and they just did a new one like five years ago.

I really enjoy the cold. 15F this morning when I woke up and I loved it. I love the snow and how it makes the whole world seem so quiet. Where else have you lived? Is the government money for living in Alaska any help?
Sounds very American of us

Different Washingtonian here, and you're right. Our salmon is great too but second to Alaska's.

Yeah, government gibs are kinda neat, apparently I get a bit extra because I’m both ex-military and I’m from out of the state. The Eskimos are neat when I meet them, boyfriend’s family is nice as well, apparently they’re extremely homophonic though so they only know of me as Ivik’s friend

Different fag here but I also live in Seattle. Try Bothell if you want to spend a little less on housing. It's not too far from Redmond, and a comfy area.

Further you are from Seattle the cheaper life will be. Also probably less homeless people.
Where are you from?
Is it a good amount? Thats a shame about their family, have you two been together for some time?

I live in Lynnwood yet have a Bothell address, that area is so fucking comfy its insane.

Cash is good enough definitely, when I got off leave from the military I was required to stay in the state for at least a year. That’s also how me and Ivik met each other, I was at a bar getting drunk because woe is me during the last month I was required to stick around in the state, he got drunk too, we started talking and boom. We decided to go to the bathroom together and he blew me right then and there. We then became “Official” boyfriends a year later after contact flings of both of us denying the fact we liked each other and weren’t heterosexuals (we’re both bi and jerk off together to chicks sometimes)

alaskan here, ama

How is the cost of living? Do you have your own place? Think you two will last sometime together?

Yeah I'm a cityfag but that's totally one of our comfiest suburbs. Most of them look shitty to me. Either they're ghetto or they're the cookie cutter neighborhoods just like the Jow Forums memes about us.

Why are Alaskans so weird?

>How is the cost of living?
Kinda expensive but alright for where I live, it’s mostly hunting for me if I’m not buying from the general store
>Do you have your own place?
Yeah
>Think you two will last sometime together?
Hopefully, although we might split off if we both want to “Breed” properly

Although I am a 30 minute drive away, I have not been to Seattle in over half a decade. How bad has the homeless problem gotten?

What city are you from?

Like, City I was born in or City I’m living in. Because I live in Fairbanks

It's pretty bad. Sad situation.

Both actually

I have a friend who lived with me for awhile but had to move to fairbanks with his grandpa. He said there are no jobs and everyone is an alcoholic.

Was born in Philadelphia

Heard about the guy who was attacked by a group of homeless with a baseball bat outside of El Corazon back in december. Was going to spend my NYE there but after that decided not to. Loved going to Zionsgate but I would rather pay for shipping on orders instead of pay for gas and parking

>He said there are no jobs and everyone is an alcoholic.
Cool ill fit right in
Never been to the East Coast. Which one do you prefer? If you dont mind me asking, do you live in an apartment and whats the rent?

I missed that. Fucked up though. I grew up in a way shittier city with far worse crime though. Seattle just doesn't scare me, even though I'm by no means a tough guy.

Eh, I enjoy Philly because of family but I enjoy Alaska a little more because Ivik, I also partially lie and say why I didn’t go back was because of the military since my own family is huge homophobes. Also the apartment question and rent one is a little personal

Last I head the poor bastard is still in a coma. The problem has been creeping further and further north. Ive noticed more encampments here.
Man you cant catch a break with the homophobic families.
>Also the apartment question and rent one is a little personal
Fair enough, just a curious person is all. I cant imagine too many other people are stupid enough to pay $1200 a month for 500 sq ft.

All good friend, no harm taken about that. Anyway, I’m gonna head to sleep. Goodnight Jow Forums

Night man, was a good chat

I was offered money to go live and work in Anchorage but I refused because I was a dumb kid and I thought I had a future here. There's nothing I regret more to this day.

A lot of the homeless these days actually have jobs and shit but were priced out of housing. The crazy and drug addicted homeless have always been there of course but the current homeless demographics are a little different.

What was the job in Anchorage? And what do you do in Argentina?

I make $17 an hour and I am the user complaining about the $1200 a month rent. I am not living paycheck to paycheck but man this shit really does suck. I do see RVs and flat bed trucks on the side streets people are living in this far away from Seattle.

Yeah I'm no richfag but I have an okay job and enjoy a comfy standard of living. I pay $1250 for a 600 sq ft 1-bedroom. Seattle is a cool town but these trends are untenable. Something has to give.

Analysing seismograph readings. I studied geology at the time, now I suck cocks for coke.

What the fuck? You pay that for a pad in Seattle? Christ I am getting fucked here man. Agreed though, this is only getting worse.

because its fucking cold and no one lives here

I've been here five years. It was $1100 at first and my landlord has been gentle about raising it. I'm an extremely low-maintenance tenant. What I'm paying is well under market in 2019 though. If I moved out he could easily find a new tenant to pay $1500 or more.

To me that sounds like heaven. Do you not like that?
I've got friends in Bothell paying $1500 a month for a one bedroom, I am sure your landlord could charge more. But yeah, sounds like a cool landlord