This shit would be $600 if casper ffg wasn't cancelled. 80% reduction in block reward

This shit would be $600 if casper ffg wasn't cancelled. 80% reduction in block reward.
What the fuck is vitalik doing other than shitposting on twitter?

Attached: 1_L8ODr3uJlh44i1SgjlMv7w.png (243x378, 10K)

what does ffg mean

there's no need for eth to be $600, or $460 for that matter. it would make more sense for each ether to be $30 right now
when the network becomes ubiquitous, and it will in due time, each ether will be worth $4k+. forget about market trends and temporary news. the important part for long-term valuation is the value of the security of the network.
$60B is grossly overvalued, but then marketcap doesn't represent money invested. a marketcap in the $4 to $8 billion range (representing real value of high hundreds of millions - low billions) makes more sense right now. once ethereum powers a tenth of everything in some minor to major way, expect network security to be worth a good $100B, and for the inflated speculative marketcap to sit not too far below a trillion

...and that anons is your science fiction time out.

ETH will not even exist in a few years. Shitty dinosaur tech to be replaced by xlm

Pos/pow hybrid.

Told you Eth fags that Casper was a fucking meme and AIDS skelly is incompetent cuck.

no, at $30 the market cap is too small for it to be secure under proof of stake, or proof of work.

cap is required for security, but the issuance needs to be drastically cut. 100m was supposed to be the cap, now its looking like you need an extra 20% eth for the same share in the new supply.

Promoting himself on conferences and in media.
I think he's bored of ethereum. Clearly he wants to be a politician of some sort.

stellar and ripple are both perfect examples of dot-com hot garbage we'll look back on and laugh, unless you're stupid enough to be bagholding any right now

Friendly-finality-gadget

Play on words for Casper the friendly ghost (FG). You don’t see him but he makes your life safer and more secure.

Seems like you're advocating against Ether being treated as a store of value on the Ethereum blockchain and instead having it be used as a utility token (low cost high volume/velocity). Don't you think that there needs to be a store of value token on Ethereum, if not Ether?

eth is actually the best example for dot-com hot garbage

you're talking level of security against double-spend attacks and cartels, i'm talking appropriate value spent on security for the utility delivered. your perspective isn't wrong, it's just a question of whether we're overpaying for security. in my opinion right now yes, in the future when thousands of businesses use ethereum no; a "too big to fail" service that will force a higher price floor

i'm not advocating for anyone to use your 0xshitcoin, pajeet. if people want a store of value that isn't ether on the ethereum blockchain, they can use dai (= usd), dgx (gold backed), or any other legitimate option according to their risk profile. personally i'm fine holding ether

absolute delusion. people seriously believe in this shit?

ETH will be usurped soon enough, hell, even ETC got accepted at Coinbase.

>ETH will be usurped soon enough
It's not like it's going to happen instantly. I really hope some real competitor rises up (not centralized shit like neo or eos) and causes ethereum devs to start working.

Yeah, Zendikar was a great set. Too bad.

Attached: killdawabbit.jpg (512x768, 93K)

0x isn't a shitcoin and it's not a store of value, it's a protocol for DEX's so what's your point?

Gotta read up on the tech behind Dai and DGX, still not sure how they work.

woah, postmodernism

VITAAAAAAAHHHHHHLIK YOU LAZY FAGGOT
Finish this fucking mess

Attached: C6rTFAcXUAEjspc.jpg (714x1024, 93K)

heh

mistook you for a 0xbitcoin shill, my bad. they're everywhere these days, and their calling card is the argument ether is a bad store of value and their erc20 token using useless pow for distribution is somehow better

but then that would be pph not ffg?

Huh, never bothered to actually read what 0xBTC was, figured it was Jow Forums's next chain link and ignored it. When you said 0x I assumed you meant ZRX token haha. I'm actually a huge fan of 0x Protocol, love their DEX mechanics.

I could see why the store of value argument is kind of circling back though and in vogue again, right as the market is really trying to mature... The crypto world was having these discussions on the "purpose" of Bitcoin before Ethereum really took off in Summer 2017, you know, real discussions on economics and philosophy behind what makes a good currency (or store of value, whatever that means). Kind of all went to shit once we got obsessed with tokens. Whether 0xBTC is worth a fucking thing or not we'll see, but the one thing I will cede them is that Ether, in my opinion, is questionable as a currency (to say nothing of whether terms like "fair" distribution mean anything to anyone, or what "fair" even means). But then again I've always been a hardcore Bitcoin fan so proof of stake and ICO's make my skin crawl lol

I heard that Vitalik was trying to fight FouseyTube. I'm not sure if they settled their differences but yeah it was pretty intense.

It will be TAU

King of ponzis.

>What the fuck is vitalik doing other than shitposting on twitter?
he's riding it out because he probably realizes it is pure bs.