Wow, Belgium used to be so large back then!

Wow, Belgium used to be so large back then!

Attached: DACA210B-2387-4F73-9145-D764FF4691D2.png (1200x1690, 652K)

>holy
>roman
>empire

That's the Duchy of Burgundy

If only the Duchy of Burgundy didn't die out and a strong Lotharingia succesor was born, the balance of power could have been better kept in Europe and something like the WW1 and WW2 could have been avoided.
They led to the UE though, the only positive things of the WW.

>the balance of power could have been better kept in Europe

Yeah the first Lotharingia did this job admirably... wait

Bourgondie*, the proto-Dutch kingdom

Pay reparations, Juan.

>If only the Duchy of Burgundy didn't die out and a strong Lotharingia succesor was born...
yeah and if my grandma had a moustache she'd be my grandpa

The first Lotharingia was born at a different time, by 1500 European powers understood strategic alliances to avoid someone growing too strong, so a Burgundy that convinced Austria, Spain and England to fight France could have kept their independence and even grow a bit at the expense of the HRE or France.

You're the one who started the wars, I hope Abascal start a new war in Flanders and then invade you tiny little shits.

>yeah and if my grandma had a moustache she'd be my grandpa
She could also be Portuguese.
It was just a little bit of alternative historical thinking, I know that nothing will change but it's fun to think about it.

>Look at all that French clay!

Bourgogne*, a powerful french duchy

>Limburg still not independent

Attached: 57456778675.png (480x413, 39K)

>You're the one who started the wars
No we did not, Juan. Pay the fuck up. What is with Spaniards and lying? Is that because Catholicism?

Then why is it called a Dutchy?

You got me here

High IQ posts
Low IQ posts

For what reason? You killed more people in Flandria than spaniards fuckin religious fanatics.

Non country.

Why would Spain declare a war against its subject? Seriously think about it just a little bit.

By subjects, you mean us?

Takes one to know one

Of course, you were subject to the crown that rebelled against the natural and divine order.

I'm 100% sure you are a dirty walloon

You can smell them over the internet.

u smart
u real smart

Based

Close, I'm a French speaker from Brussels

I love how pathetic dutchies are constantly mad at us francophones for whatever reason

Germanic people hate us latins because we are better and more civilized since the ancient times, that's why their history consists in trying to attack Rome and their succesor or larping as romans.