/éire/

eagrán baile leisciúil

Attached: 4c69cd8ff437408321a1ebe4667050d0c5e4bfee_1520088747.jpg (495x243, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/8672268/#8675765
desuarchive.org/int/thread/19443437/#19455610
desuarchive.org/int/thread/8933689/#8941731
desuarchive.org/int/thread/22744402/#22757654
youtube.com/watch?v=jU6kU2d0MbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At the so called job

How's it working out lad?

Lough Neagh is the best Lough, simple as

It's creepy, I'd say a lot of bodies were buried there during the troubles

They should really make a horror film set in the Troubles

About a haunted corpse bog in Ardee

Agree, about the shankill butchers maybe

Would you?

Attached: b_devlin.jpg (281x350, 62K)

Let her read to me while I go to sleep? Yes

>daytime thread
>not utter shite
Nice one lads

ar ais

>10 posts in the space of 4 hours is good
There was a time when we would be on our second thread of the day by now.

Attached: 1544520875273.png (742x504, 494K)

>not utter shite = good
ignore this retard

Wish I could afford to drive, lads

Attached: 1549420174105.jpg (370x371, 36K)

Heh... so true.

Attached: food for thought.jpg (737x637, 71K)

Time to game.

Why? Where would you be going?

That's racist.

Attached: __kalina_girls_frontline_drawn_by_aningay__63e758695159162dd08d293b6c0c1a02.jpg (900x1271, 644K)

Back on my belief that Wolfe Tone is a master shitposter stuck 200 years in the past, I bring you a passage from his diary dealing with a tricky merchant. For context, the following takes place on a canal boat in the Netherlands.

>The grand cabin which is very small being hired I was stowed away amongst the common lumber. We were about thirty passengers, one half Jews, every man with his pipe in his mouth. I was suffocated! I thought my entry into the boat would have been solemnized by a battle. Having nothing but French money, when I came to pay for my passage, the skipper refused my coin which threw me into unspeakable confusion. A young Jew, seeing my difficulty, offered to change me a piece of five livres into Dutch money. I thanked him, and accepted his offer. (It is to be observed that at par the Dutch sol is exactly double the French consequently 100 French sous should procure 50 Dutch.) But my Jew knew the course of exchange too well for that traffic, and taking my piece of 100 sous, gravely handed me 38 sous d'Hollande, by which I should have lost exactly 24 sous. I was at first rather surprised at his impudence, but, recollecting myself immediately, looked him mildly in the face, and, with great gravity required him instantly to refund. Jew as he was, this threw him out of his play, and he immediately offered me four sous d Hollande more. I told him that I perceived he was a Hebrew, and that if he would give me one hundred, he should not have the piece; on which he submitted. All this is matter of inducement. (How the deuce came I to remember so much law?)

1/2, next part's the good bit.

Attached: 1481066963000.jpg (1679x941, 198K)

>Immediately after, a man would enter the boat perforce, and sat himself down in the lap of another who repelled him with great violence, and threw him upon me, just as I was endeavouring to compose myself to sleep, of which I had great need. I rose immediately, and, seizing him by the collar, was proceeding to inflict an unheard of chastisement upon him, when my Jew, who had not digested his affront and his loss, thought proper to interfere, on which I instantly quitted my antagonist and attacked the Hebrew with great violence. All the world knows that a Dutch Trakschuyt is a most inconvenient scene for a battle: for, to go no farther, it is, in the first place, impossible to stand upright therein, and we were, besides, stowed away in bulk like so many herrings. I could, therefore, do little more than swear and call names, which I did in broken French, to the great astonishment of the Dutchmen and terror of the Israelite, which latter I threatened with I know not what degree of punishment, making him an example for ever to all the posterity of Abraham. He demanded pardon with great marks of contrition, which I at length accorded him, and the intruder, who was the first cause of the dispute, being turned out by common consent, the tranquillity of the packetboat was restored.

tl;dr Tone gets Jewed, then attacked by a Dutchman, then the Jew tries to fight him but Tone kicked his arse.

Attached: 1523063970718.jpg (1920x1080, 820K)

No, THAT'S racist

based Wolfe

Attached: 1528568248255.png (368x376, 4K)

Oh you know those jews up to no good as usual

There was an American guy on Jow Forums before who claimed to be Tone's last living descendant and he was Jewish.

Looks like the based hebrews had the last laugh

yanks are so thick

He's right though.

>>play football
>Lad, you'd be hard pressed to find a country on the planet that doesn't play soccer. By your logic Korea is anglicised.
>If anything we're better off since our native football and hurling are more popular than any Irish soccer team.
>>watch bbc
>lol no.
>>their traditional harp music is long gone
>Our trad music is alive and well. Weird how you specify harp, almost like you never heard any traditional Irish music and just assumed our national symbol is our only instrument.

Attached: 1517041347958.png (633x758, 132K)

I agree it was wrong for that young Jew to take advantage of a poor Irishman's situation abroad but I don't would I call it racist. I'm sure he would have tried such trickery on men of any race.

Attached: f8f297928c9b15c7d589c74d2c09.jpg (5036x3538, 1.42M)

Frogs of wisdom.

>Tone's great great grand daughter was a yank named Kay
Signs.

Interesting if true. Would prefer a source stronger than "an American guy on Jow Forums" though.

Attached: b6534acf704f62628263589c2854b2.jpg (2000x2770, 320K)

literally just checked the archive

cant find where i was talking to him but still he said he was white trash and jewish
desuarchive.org/int/thread/8672268/#8675765
desuarchive.org/int/thread/19443437/#19455610
desuarchive.org/int/thread/8933689/#8941731
desuarchive.org/int/thread/22744402/#22757654

Attached: ctixi5hw9ef21.png (940x300, 72K)

>primary teachers start on €36,318

Attached: 1549720253907.jpg (493x456, 85K)

Attached: AoJO61CZ6OMtupNtzBpLPfhli7RE6YO-E78LeCsYwFg.jpg (940x300, 73K)

please stop shilling these painfully unfunny comics

Are these some attempted lefty satire or is there a layer of irony I'm not detecting?

Attached: stone toss.png (1000x1000, 247K)

>Apparently he had one son who was a French Cavalry officer, and got wounded bad at Leipzig. Then came to the US and had one daughter.
>Apparently
I would've hoped he would be more confident in his ancestry desu. Either way, the thought of one of the most famous rebels in Irish history having his only descendant be a good for nothing shitposter is kind of funny. And equally depressing considering how much he hated America and the thought of his children turning out exactly that badly.

I do wish that user was here so I could show him these writings though.

Attached: 1511751897979.gif (500x263, 1.63M)

Successful left wing satire

Attached: KKE1a46SohIC8uYR2ynWLp33cH3N_ZftmBmxXjzVJp0.jpg (629x612, 77K)

Why did he hate America?

Satire of the left or satire by the left?

I don't see it

Attached: kkk.png (750x748, 1.24M)

Attached: oujywhio82c21.png (940x300, 84K)

Why do you post these?

1 of them was me, not yikesanon the "academic"
please be more discriminating (heh) in future

I made a post of it yesterday or the day before. Basically he thought the people were boorish, rowdy, unintelligent, etc. even going as far to call them half-English half-Dutch mutts with the worst qualities of both races. Also that none of cared for anything other than making money. He spoke badly of every class of person there, from German Quakers to George Washington himself. He even said that him and wife were deeply saddened by the thought of their daughter marrying an American brute.

Aside from the people, he wasn't fond of the geography either. He frequently complained of the immense heat (a man after my own heart) and how even though the landscape looked beautiful at a distance, up close the grass was coarse and surrounded with weeds wherever you went.

Overall he had very little good to say about America. Even as a republican he felt the people had no great love of liberty and the nation was merely an oligarchy of the richest aristocrats.

Attached: 1549841219132.png (477x750, 334K)

Attached: 3_kxsTK94SUx4ewIHlTFoCYNb2nlJmRnlahU0rbZ3mk.jpg (631x300, 47K)

uhhhhhhhhh you didnt answer my FUCKING QUESTION

Sounds VERY based and redpilled
Depends on where he went to decide whether he was right about the geography. The south has always been swampishly hot and humid, barely habitable prior to air conditioning, but the north and midwest before the massive population increase, industrial revolution and dust bowl seem to have been fairly kino.

If you're a Wolfe Tone fan I'd be very interested to hear your recommendations on books to read about the period. My own knowledge of Irish history is weak (by design) and I would like to rectify that.

>My own knowledge of Irish history is weak (by design)
Why "by design"?

They don't teach it in schools.

I get really really angry we weren't a global colonialist superpower and the brits were mean so much so i scream and throw things at mommy

No, I get really really angry we're the same skin colour as global colonialist superpowers and the brits were mean so much so i scream and cut my genitals off

Attached: 1548806952103.jpg (315x426, 21K)

>Depends on where he went to decide whether he was right about the geography
Philadelphia, though he later moved up to Rhode Island and his opinions didn't change. For an Irishman, pretty much anywhere in America would be step hotter than what he was used to.

>If you're a Wolfe Tone fan I'd be very interested to hear your recommendations on books to read about the period
I'm getting most of my knowledge from "Tone And His Times" by Frank MacDermot. I will warn you that it is not an entertaining read for most of the first half. It deals extensively with back and forths between the Irish parliament, the British parliament, and those seeking reform. Insightful yes, but dull as all hell.
As such I'm not sure if it's the best book you can find but I find it good at least. It was written in the 30's though so if you are interested, it may be difficult to track down a copy.

Attached: __carol_malus_dienheim_garie_tuman_leiur_darahim_micha_jawkan_and_phara_suyuf_senki_zesshou_symphoge (800x800, 416K)

woah

k thanks

Made a typo desu.

Attached: fashion_police_and_grammar_police.png (388x624, 62K)

Attached: qd0ceamkple21.png (799x767, 493K)

How come Irish mounted a comeback for a time

Attached: britishisleslanguages.png (5000x4200, 971K)

Black death hit colonists more heavily and the momentum of N*rm*n colonisation slowed even as they were more integrated into the Gaelic society (although "more Irish than the Irish themselves" is simply false).

English power fluctuated quite a bit. Their influence over most of Ireland was done through the Normans, who had started to go native after some time.

What they said. English was only spoken in urban areas initially anyway so I don't think that map is very accurate.

Attached: 1549278039562.png (1192x397, 448K)

Tell me why you haven't joined Ailtirí na hAiséirghe lads
>create a fascist one-party state ruled by a leader known as a 'Ceannaire'.(chieftan)
>promised full employment
>an end to emigration (by making it a criminal offence to leave the country)
>discrimination against Jews and freemasons
>the reconquest of Northern Ireland by a massive conscript army
>make the use of the English language in public illegal after five years in power
>wanted to move the parliament to the Hill of Tara
>The party intended for the state to stay out of World War II until the participants were worn out, and for Ireland to then emerge as a spiritual leader to the world.
>MI5 believed Ailtirí na hAiséirghe... intended to serve as "a rallying point for Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Breton nationalists"
>At its foundation the group stated that "the present system is utterly repugnant to the Celtic conception of life"
>called for a new order based upon a "distinctive celtic philosophy".
>had a pan celtic vision - the party covered South Dublin city with posters saying "Rhyddid i gCymru"

Attached: 1548519682276.png (180x228, 7K)

Isn't South Dublin the posh part?

mboko

>deich

Attached: 1540349980241.webm (1280x720, 1.06M)

youtube.com/watch?v=jU6kU2d0MbU

truly these are dark times

Feel like I have really awful luck when playing online games, lads. My teammates can survive, and thrive in, situations in which I would have been a bullet magnet.

Attached: 1549404267604.jpg (500x775, 196K)

thinking of becoming a clowncel.

thinking of joining the clownmunist party

thinking of joining the local clownty clowncil

best one yet

Why's Jow Forums chatting so shite about us today lads?

Where?

Tell me why you havne't joined Bobaide na hAiséirghe lads
>create a fascist one-party state ruled by a leader known as a 'Honcaire' (honker)
>promised full employment (at the circus)
>an end to depression (by making it a criminal offense to avoid going to the circus at least once a month)
>discrimination against mimes
>the reconquest of Northern Ireland by a massive clown army
>make the use of formal clothing such as suits illegal after five years in power
>wanted to move the parliament to a circus tent
>the party intended for the state to stay out of World War II until the participants were worn out, and for Ireland to then emerge as a comedy leader to the world
>MI5 believed Bobaide na hAiséirghe intended to serve as "a rallying point for Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Breton clowns"
>At its foundation the group stated that "the present system is utterly repugnant to the Clown conception of life"
>called for a new order based upon a "distinctive funny philosophy"
>had a pan circus vision- the party covered South Dublin city with posters saying "Honk"

Attached: 1549404578762.png (512x512, 112K)

Angloids and yanko-mutts feel like mocking us somehow makes them anything other than the cankerous stain on global history that they are

But I don't like the circus.

Attached: 1525475991896.png (252x292, 92K)

based and honkpilled

Attached: clown.png (240x221, 77K)

>>the reconquest of Northern Ireland by a massive clown army
But Sinn Féin's been doing that for years and they've gotten nowhere.

Attached: 1527897185784.png (371x395, 218K)

Whites are more attractive though so who cares

Americans vs Finns: the battle for the benis of Jow Forums

I don’t play Online FPS/MOBAs anymore. Honestly just make me angry, my teammates are often angry and it ends up just not being fun at all. 90% of the time playing those sorts I’m miserable and thus it became a bit of a waste of time for me. Much prefer single player games

My main problem learning Irish at the moment is pronounciation. My brain just defaults to how the letters would sound in English at times, I feel like an idiot for not grasping it

You should. Every language has its own phonetics system, even those that are closer to the standardised Latin pronunciation of letters.

Going to sort my life out lads

Attached: 1548961099850.jpg (508x716, 92K)

You have to abandon any idea that the word will be pronounced like it would in English. Remember that the sounds of letters are a lot more consistent in Irish than English and hold firm to that.

Its mostly a dead language though, i think only around 75k use it outside of the education system daily.

BASED

Attached: 1545329619342.png (677x373, 151K)

How's NEETdom in Direland

I believe in you user, you can do it!

It’s important to me to learn it personally, I want to be able to speak my mother tongue competently and be able to read Irish language text/literature.
Cheers anons. I’m trying my best, I’ve only been at it for 2 months but I’m a dumbass. I have a decent grasp of Spanish which I had an easier time with personally.

Good luck in doing so. I am studying a different language but I do think Irish is important. Most Irish would disagree I guess if only 75k speak it outisde the education system daily, or they are just lazy. Have you tried the official int learn a language wiki?

The Book of Kells is really something special. What a marvel.

And to you too user. I haven’t actually but at a cursory glance it looks like great resource, thank you (I’d like to follow up on my fairly intermediate understanding of Spanish/ take it further and learn Japanese some day.) What language are you learning?

>mfw shes the same age as you
>mfw i was never a pedo

Attached: index.jpg (264x191, 5K)

just German cause a lot of old signs around here before ww1 are in german. Also whenever I think of it I think of greats like Einstein Planck Schurz Bismarck and pretty locations like the black forest or Neuschwanstein castle. it just inspires images of bavarian romanticism to me, as autistic as that sounds.

Based Midwesterner, such a shame forced Americanization and standard schooling removed the German language and tradition from the region.