Is public transit good in your city?

Is public transit good in your city?
It isn't here. Its fucking packed and full of people with bad BO. Occasionally druggies will hastle you for money. I can't wait to buy my first car

Attached: commercial-broadway.jpg (780x439, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Td2oTccoMkM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bus: overcrowded
s-train: filled with immigrants
metro: actually decent, but it will turn shit once they finish expanding it to low income areas

Attached: 29lixxx.jpg (1000x665, 81K)

Transit would unironically be better if it wasn't accessible to low income areas.

it great

Attached: lokaltraffik.png (500x3143, 3.11M)

not to mention intercity trains
the prices are inhuman, there are rarely ever seats available, and half of the time the trains are delayed or cancelled

You'd think intercity would be good in such a compact country.

Trams are too slow, and some areas are quite far away from the train stations since there aren't very many lines, so you have to take a bus to some places. But otherwise it's ok I guess

Attached: 0 REETAN KUVA.jpg (1210x767, 65K)

Union Station is TERRIBLE.

Busses aren't terrible but are full of depressing looking minorities.
Light rail, where it exists, is actually decent but few people use it.
Subway used to be ok but has gotten worse in recent years due to becoming a defacto homeless shelter and an easy target for "youths" to steal cell phones.
We just can't have nice things.

I like that all the different vehicles have the same general color scheme. We have green trams, orange subway trains, blue buses, purple(??) trains, plus a cyan light rail in a couple years. At some point somebody just kind of decided that all of these different transportation types definitely need their own color and brand, even though they all operate under the same name

Attached: cropped-RJ_Header_7640x1992px_20180418.jpg (2000x520, 218K)

Oof. I don't know why, but it uniform colours just makes the whole thing feel more connected and held together.
The colour scheme is uniform here because its the royal Bernadotte blue colour, btw.

i mostly drive or take the plane when visiting jylland. i have given up on intercity trains

makes it worse desu. having to stop at each 2500 population town makes a 2 hour ride almost 3 hours + delays

damn

Poor areas;bad
No poor :good
Simple as

It think we have the best and worst metro line in Europe

>Bus
sardine-density: Achieved!
next level: Tokyo rush hour

>Train
overpriced and intercity only

>Metro
The subway project is going to be completed next year.
t. literally every year since 2005

Attached: hsl.jpg (800x2288, 1.91M)

it's shit and the company running all of public transport goes on strike constantly

no its overcrowded what usually leads to serious accidents

youtube.com/watch?v=Td2oTccoMkM

Here in Canada we don't really do public transit, even in our biggest cities it is shit. Actual third world countries have better transit than us, not an exaggeration.

Attached: bramptontransit.jpg (576x432, 45K)

Ohnononono

Attached: 1506279010937.jpg (1462x1462, 477K)

it's only this crowded on the skytrain after massive delays, like twice a week

Nantes
No, too many people at rush hours, too many Romanians and too many niggers and tram lines that don't go enough far to the suburbs.

It's pretty great. You can travel around the city and neighbouring towns for two hours with one ticket that costs 2,20€ or 50€ a month. They recently expanded it with city bikes. Trams might be coming back soon too.

Attached: koulu15-308-2_1.jpg (897x598, 358K)

Pretty fucking overcrowded

t. RER A user

Attached: Screenshot_20190211-202213.jpg (720x1280, 273K)

>fresh asphalt
>clean pavements
>freshly painted lines
>well-maintained buildings
>shiny new cars and buses
>happy children

god Greece is so third-world at this point I hate it.

You don't have happy children in Greece?

Attached: image.jpg (1200x800, 197K)

London:

>Trains:
Underground is fantastic in terms of locations serviced but you can tell that it's the oldest metro system in the world, especially when you visit Stockholm or see how easy the U-Bahn is in Berlin. However strangely the Underground is incredibly safe in my experience.

Also whilst the Underground typeface and logo are iconic, I find the decor in the stations very stale and bleak.

Overground trains are an absolute disaster in this country and London is no exception, just fuck my shit up tier.

>Buses:
Iconic and double decking is far superior to single decking. However I don't travel too often as the traffic is usually horrendous. I also find it 'less safe' at night and prefer to just get an Uber.

Attached: tube.jpg (1080x1080, 193K)

Riding the tube in London, summer 2013 was something else. It was cool to finally ride it, but there were no air conditioning on the trains + that prince was born so shit was fucked.

Lying nigger.

I only like the metro

Good but literally at peak capacity.

Tell me more

I can no longer rely on public transport to get to work as trains always arrive late or get cancelled
don't think i caught a single train to work that didn't arrive at least 10 minutes late

Attached: traincrowd.jpg.gallery.jpg (650x488, 36K)

Delhi Metro is pretty good even though I don't know how it compares to Europeans Metros.

Attached: dlme.png (1024x561, 719K)

The Denver metro lightrail is really nice imo. Been expanded on and goes to the airport. Not as many people as I would think use it but its definitely gaining traction

Metro and suburban trains are great.
Buses are heavily dependent from place and time. Sometimes you can spend hours in traffic jams.
There is also trams, but there is none in my part of city.

For Brazil, it's decent.
Which basically means it's shit.

Do you live in Moscow?

Yes.

It always looks so clean and orderly.
How do they keep hobos druggies and shitskin criminals out?

During school year, there's lots of buses during the week, although there are still some gaps. Weekends and holidays are a lot more barren with buses.

Riyadh metro has been under construction for many years. Buses are cheap but they're full of smelly indians.

Security guards and police. Security in public transport is very high because of terrorism threat.

hey, I'll have a 20-hour-layover in April in Moscow (I'll be at Domodedovo Airport).

What do you suggest I see in Moscow during this 20 hours period?

It not much time, if you don't plan to stay on foot for whole 20 hours.
Just go for Red Square and Kremlin.
Also, use Uber or Aeroexpress, don't let taxists in airport scam you.

>Also, use Uber or Aeroexpress, don't let taxists in airport scam you.

I thought there was metro line at the airport?
In any case, I can't use uber because my smartphone just died, and since I'm moving to Japan soon I'm not going to buy another cellphone right now. Thanks for the heads up regardless.

I think I'll just see the Red Square and Kremlim as you suggested and then go back to the airport. I do have business lounge access so it should be fun

It's ok to be honest, we have buses and trolleybuses here, but no trams or metro. We technically have something similar to a metro, but it's more of a commuter rail than that. The fares are ok (3.20 PLN normal, 1.60 PLN reduced), but they could be a little lower.

Attached: 1522147682904.png (1600x970, 2.82M)

looks cool

No, it's shit.

I've seen some parts of Croatia that look really beautiful. What's wrong?

Our trains are slow and the railroads too few (owned by monopoly). City-buses have way too long lines, and because there's so few of them you have to wait for next bus for 30mins. Long travel buses are fine though.

Attached: icanonlyunderstand.jpg (768x523, 68K)

public transit here is great actually.

its late all the time
trains delayed due to tracks expanding
aboriginals spit, piss, shout get violent all the time
people eat and leave crumbs on the seats
so forth

yesterday 3 aboriginals got on the bus and were shouting in nearly incomprehensible english and threening to kill each other. threw shit throughout the bus as well

can confirm, been there :-)
The train ride to Zermatt is really scenic.