ITT: Jow Forums in 1851

ITT: Jow Forums in 1851

Attached: NewYorkCity_1851_Brooklyn_web.jpg (2304x1728, 459K)

Attached: tobacco-farm2.jpg (1500x983, 668K)

Fucking hate California
It's dry as fuck
There's fires
Shovels cost $50
Any place that's not wilderness always smells like cow
Even if I could afford to leave it would take me months just to get anywhere else

damn imagine walking down of a street in NYC in 1850, with no skyscrapers and blinking ads

Just ploughing the fields...

It looks like shitty euro city

All those ships just ready to be sunk

Attached: 1241241242414.jpg (899x889, 125K)

Buy bitcoin in 158 years

can't wait for the king to return

i will never give up my slaves

JENNY

Attached: jenny lind poster 1850.jpg (750x1016, 411K)

What is this Fugitive Slave nonsense? Mr. Emerson was right. We should sooner go to jail than we help enforce such a barbarous and criminal act as this!

The Revolution didn't make any chance...
Anyway, fuck Moldova, no-one in Wallachia actually wants them, they're just a bunch of alcoholics.

Attached: republica-ploiesti.jpg (962x657, 491K)

These abolitionist bastards from Massachusetts keep sending pamphlets in the mail. Colored men can't read pamphlets, but dammit, they can see drawings of them being flogged.

>go around South America
>months of sitting on a ship with absolutely nothing to do
>go across the country
>get attacked by redskins or eaten by bears

now that the dust has settled, what were the effects of 1848?

>against contemporary opera singers, Ms. Lind's technique was described as merely adequate, if not outright amateurish, but none of them benefited from her huge marketing machine. During the early 1850s, her US tours made her a sensation with Americans and earned her a considerable fortune. Her vocal style was described as "cold and without color", befitting her Scandinavian origins and it was said "she would not have been so well received in France or Italy where more colorful singing styles were favored."

>Ms. Lind died in 1887 and no recordings of her voice exist, unfortunately, so written accounts are all there are to go by. It was rumored that Thomas Edison had recorded her on a wax cylinder, but this is mere myth and even if such a cylinder was still extant, the quality would be too poor and it too far after her retirement from performing to give us much to go by.

ſem dolgo upal in ſe bal
babi ven pa not' ga d'jal

DIG FOR GOLD
DIG FOR FAME
YOU DIG TO MAKE YOUR NAME
ALL THE WANTS YOU WISH
ALL THE THINGS YOU'VE CHAAASED

I get payed for luring people over to america. Being a wagie aint too bad.

Attached: 1166 - usaYdcd.jpg (528x492, 39K)

The new land we got from Mexico is but a desert. Growing cotton is impossible there. Soon all of it shall become free states and outvote the South forever. Gentlemen, this looks bad.

Silence, filthy slaveholder. You deserve every evil that comes to you.

Just the smell of horse poop everywhere.

Attached: 6vtsw54cksb11.jpg (1080x1036, 93K)

just the way things looked in gangs of new york made me glad not to live then, even if its exaggerated

Howdy!

There is an awful lot of immigrants from the old continent lately, hopefully they do not allow pr*testant trash to come here.

Ah, Puerto Rico. A fine island to grow sugarcane and expand slavedom if we could but pry it from Madrid's clutches.

>mfw the fucking Emperor outlawed slave traffic last year
what the fuck i'm going to do now?

Create Uruguay because bongs want a neutral cunt to control the mouth of the Rio de la Plata?

Attached: desc1 (1).jpg (1933x2461, 2.84M)

"[The Fugitive Slave Act] was passed in the 19th century by a civilized country. I will not obey it."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bro tell your king not to go to war on prussia

There was Poker Bill, one of the boys who was always in a game
Whether he lost or whether he won, to him it was always the same
He would ante up and draw his cards and he would you go a hatful blind
In the days of old
In the days of gold
In the days of '49

>Some gold-seekers made a significant amount of money.[102] On average, half the gold-seekers made a modest profit, after taking all expenses into account; economic historians have suggested that white miners were more successful than black, Indian, or Chinese miners.[103] However, taxes such as the California foreign miners tax passed in 1851, targeted mainly Latino miners[104] and kept them from making as much money as whites, who did not have any taxes imposed on them. In California most late arrivals made little or wound up losing money.[99] Similarly, many unlucky merchants set up in settlements which disappeared, or which succumbed to one of the calamitous fires that swept the towns that sprang up. By contrast, a businessman who went on to great success was Levi Strauss, who first began selling denim overalls in San Francisco in 1853.[105]

>Homosexuality became commonplace in gold rush San Francisco due to the lack of women and it was from here that the city began to develop as a center of gay culture in America.

>By mid-decade, the gold rush had mostly wound down and gold mining had turned into the domain of professional mining companies with expensive equipment

nothing wrong with protestants

Still a decade away yet, Boopsy.