Linguistically African American Vernacular is actually a legitimate form of English

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkzVOXKXfQk

Attached: amara2.png (516x716, 799K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/pidgin
bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47199838
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Parmamiswarma

Haven't watched the video yet, but what is the difference between AAVE and pidgin?

Its not distinct enough to be its own language

Of course it is, how could a form of English be illegitimate? There isn't a governing body for it is there, that's the beauty of it, say whatever you like

>legitimate

What is that even supposed to mean?

Apparently people claim it isn't AAV was basically a branch of English from colonial times it has its own slang things like jive come from etc

People claim its wrong english or its bad english despite being more linguistically consistent

Some european once told me that all American English is bad english he also said that no American can be a true european

bbc.com/pidgin

In my book, the more variation in a language the better. It's noones business telling other people how to talk

There's no doubt that it's not as 'proper' as normal English, but that's no different to any other form of slang or whatever. I wouldn't speak like a cockney rascal in an interview

It sounds like a Litteral african accent

Becuase it literally is the accent of Nigeria

Sauce?

Nicki Minaj tweet say Grammys Ken Ehrlich bully her, she don keep "quiet for 7 years sake of fear"

Na wetin she tweet last night wen she write "pissed off" Ken Ehrlich, di Grammys Executive Producer.

Na di same name Ariana Grande bin tok about for Twitter just di oda day when she explain say she him dey oppress her and therefore she no perform for di 2019 Grammys.

Eat da poopoo.
bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47199838

Yep

Completely unrelated

Stupid liberal notion. Being to dumb to learn grammar does not create a new form of english, it just creates poorly spoken english.

>linguistically
>legitimate form of English

linguists don't dishtinguish between legitimacy, they just describe the features of a language. What does a
"legitimate language" even mean?

A pidgin is made by a fusion of two languages. AAVE is just a dialect of English.

To make this thread more interesting, here is an actual discussion: Do you think AAVE is distinct enough to start being considered a language?
Personally, it seems more distinct from English than Scots, and there are many people who do consider Scots as an independant language.

that's silly considering british english is already a simplified old english and the reason why they don't have genders or cases

>Old English had a system of grammatical gender similar to that of modern German, with three genders

>In Old English there are four cases. They are the nominative, accusative, genitive and dative cases.

when wypipo do it good, when blacks do it bad

It's akways been whitey.

Am I allowed to hate yanks and their niggers if I unironically hate the Normans one hundred times as much for fucking the English language with their Big French Cocks?

yes, you may proceed

Middle English is unironically a creole of Old English and Norman (with Norse influence)

i appreciate the dialect more now, thanks

Attached: gworstgirksbutgood.jpg (1059x2000, 1.11M)