/éire/

Eagrán an pantar seilge

Attached: Jagdpanzer_V_Jagdpanther_1.jpg (1024x558, 277K)

Tell me why you haven't joined Bobaide na hAiséirghe lads
>create a fascist one-party state ruled by a leader known as a 'Honcaire' (honker)
>promised full employment at the circus
>an end to depression (by making it a criminal offense to avoid going to the circus at least once a month)
>discrimination against mimes
>the reconquest of Northern Ireland by a massive clown army on unicycles, armed with cream pies and banana peels
>make the use of formal clothing such as suits illegal after five years in power
>wanted to move the parliament to a circus tent
>the party intended for the state to stay out of World War II until the participants were worn out, and for Ireland to then emerge as a comedy leader to the world
>MI5 believed Bobaide na hAiséirghe intended to serve as "a rallying point for Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Breton clowns"
>At its foundation the group stated that "the present system is utterly repugnant to the Clown conception of life"
>called for a new order based upon a "distinctive funny philosophy"
>had a pan circus vision- the party covered South Dublin city with posters saying "Honk"

Attached: 1549404578762.png (512x512, 112K)

>an pantar seilge
I'm not proficient enough at Irish to say whether that's wrong or not, but it sure sounds like a direct translation.

Good edition though.

Attached: 1532242158531.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

>I'm not proficient enough at Irish to say whether that's wrong or not, but it sure sounds like a direct translation.
Well what else is there to say? Germans love compound nouns, so "jagdpanther" is one noun instead of "hunting panther" as it is in English. But the basic idea is that it's a "panther" that "hunts", so "pantar seilge" because "seilge" is the adjectival form of "seilg" which is the noun for a hunt(ing expedition).
The only other way I saw to say it would be "pantar fiaigh" which follows the same grammar.

I didn't try to do "panzerkampfwagen" because the dictionaries all list "armúr" as the word for armour, and that sounds like béarlachas. I'm sure there has to be some word before the n*rm*ns for armour even if it were the case that "armúr" came from the medieval period and isn't modern béarlachas. After all, the v*k*ngs introduced chainmail, and the Irish used it to some extent even if it wasn't a common thing.
And there's no word for "tank" or "vehicle" that isn't béarlachas mealy-mouthed variants of "tank" or "vehicle".

IMO what Irish really needs is for scholars to go through the Old Irish and Middle Irish texts and look for words that don't exist in the "modern Irish" dictionaries.
One of the biggest strengths of *nglish as a language is that thanks to all its muttedness it has many redunant words that originate from descriptions of the same thing or concept, but which acquired specificity and nuance through literary use. Irish still lacks recorded etymologically sound words for many modern and even early-modern inventions and concepts, and the way the powers that be are (not) developing the language, it isn't gaining any ways to say these things without just shoving marbles in your mouth and saying the English word.

Attached: GA-02(813).jpg (768x432, 42K)

>shoving marbles in your mouth and saying the English word.
umm sorry sweety i studied irish for 4 years in trinners and thats what the language is ok? take your racist nonsense elsewhere please

~t. qapla fuckall

deich

for me, it's the Landkreuzer Ratte

Attached: tank-ratte-painting.jpg (645x591, 118K)

You are small time.

Attached: 1527999026710.png (1024x683, 597K)

Reminder that German tank manuals had 2D waifus.

Attached: 1527178528023.jpg (640x462, 69K)

>naoi

Attached: 1541652554378.jpg (1500x1500, 499K)

Perhaps /éire/ has run its course. Perhaps there is truly nothing left to talk about.

Attached: 1548199046539.png (294x256, 97K)

Or maybe it's that there's no one here.
It's tough to know. Most other generals rely on shitposts into the ether getting a response, not some deep conversation that needs to occur spontaneously in order to have a thread.

There's plenty to talk about. It's just that nobody wants to put the effort into discussing it anymore.

Attached: 1529605266732.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

>Most other generals rely on shitposts into the ether getting a response
But that's /brit/-tier.

Attached: 1519548427332.jpg (980x1400, 308K)

sucking a golf ball

Well the resident meta-poster likes to whinge that whatever people do isn't making a perfect thread, whatever that is, so it's no wonder people wouldn't invest their time in a thread if that's going to be the response.
It's naturally going to be a slow-ish thread so long as most people don't feel they'll get a good or quick response, which means a vicious circle will occur if quantity is kept too low.

Why is she so perfect lads?

Attached: Una Healy.jpg (466x700, 102K)

No Tone today, instead have a passage from the Irish-authored "A History of Western Europe". I can't find a publishing date but from looking through it I can guess it to be anywhere between 1928 to the early/mid-30's.

>ITALY. - The menace of Bolshevism is dreaded throughout Europe; and to counter it the remarkable movement called "Fascism" has come into being in Italy. Its leading spirit is Benito Mussolini, probably the strongest and most influential man in modern Europe. Whatever may be thought of him and his semi-despotic methods, there can be no question of his single-hearted patriotism, and of his success in securing Italy the respect of the whole world.

It's refreshing to read about the 1930's with no mention of a certain Europe-destroying Assburger.

Attached: Duce! Duce! Duce! Duce! Duce! Duce!.webm (1920x1080, 1.66M)

she's not

Mong

fight me

>Well the resident meta-poster likes to whinge that whatever people do isn't making a perfect thread
I doubt it's just one guy

Even at the height of the general a year or two ago he was fond of complaining about the meta-direction of threads.
That's not to say everyone who acknowledges that the threads are slow and lack topics which generate discussion is one person.

sucking a golf ball

Meta discussion is the single most popular topic on /éire/.

Attached: 1435375156682.jpg (499x499, 61K)

Not sure how I got here, but it's bloody lovely. think I'll stay

Attached: 1550003458122.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

Ireland should be a monarchy with her as Queen

Attached: Una Healy2.jpg (700x500, 94K)

Posting anime to contain the threat.

Attached: 1525913988378.jpg (850x1146, 256K)

fuck off we're full

Disney should just say fuck it and mix their properties. Star Wars 9 should be Avengers 5

When is The Fighting Prince of Donegal getting into KH?

How big a deal is she in your County?

Attached: Una Healy3.jpg (900x650, 105K)

She isn't

I hate what they did with Xehanort in KH3

Attached: 1549721113537.jpg (378x360, 31K)

Your County is shit then

Never heard of that ugly ginger gremlin, who is she?

Why aren't any of you speaking Irish

1/10 bait

Anyone have a mechanical keyboard? Good?

I don't see what the difference is. Is that one that clicks a lot? I have one with big keys and I prefer it to the soft keys like on my laptop.

It's the one with mechanical switches instead of rubber domes.

How would you tell the difference?

The feel from pressing the key. You likely haven't used one, they tend to be more expensive and not something you would pickup in your local store.

>he thinks irish people speak irish.
>that flag

How can the uk be so ignorant of their past?

Don't see how wagies put up with a 9-5, how absolutely heart breaking that must be 5 days out of the week

The downie was in again today and was playing hide and seek in the shop, apparently he's turning 30 in a week
madness

Attached: WP_20190212_10_31_24_Pro.jpg (1456x2592, 1.3M)

Don't post pictures of other people online you spoiled brat.

didn't know /éire/ had sensitive down syndromes

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (944x712, 99K)

Yeah well it goes with the territory, you'd lack awareness of what a trailblazer you are.

I thought this general was made up of people who were above mocking the disabled because they were spoiled brats who resent being made to do even the most token of work.

no idea what the meaning of this post is

>I thought this general was made up of people who were above mocking the disabled
what in the name of jaysus gave you that impression

fuck off back to rebbit

Attached: 1547043773892.jpg (750x1000, 170K)

would heem you IRL then make you join their ranks spoiled babby

not a poster in this thread could lay a finger on me and get it back

pic related. that? that's me.

Attached: you want sum dis diq ahyuk yuk.jpg (1280x888, 293K)

reddit

the insecure redditor-response

Attached: 1477333292490.jpg (625x1023, 94K)

Someone tell me why I still watch this fucking shart.

Attached: deanko.jpg (300x168, 7K)

birds of a feather

How else am I going to get philled in. Want to be in the loop.

filled in (the anus) by mboko
in the loop (noose) by Bobaide na hAiséirghe

Might be a good read, who is the author?

Attached: 1532023675398.png (1280x720, 734K)

Rude. I'm a nice guy.

nice guys finish last

R.A.S. Macalister, professor of Celtic archaeology at UCD.
It's mostly a simple recount of everything from the Greeks to the aftermath of WWI with some special focus given to Ireland. There's not a whole lot of things you wouldn't know if you're a bit of a history enthusiast and some information is outdated but there are interesting passages like that that show the perspective of the living at the time it was written.

There's a much more, as the kids say "based" passage that I'll share tomorrow.

Attached: 1546367832894.jpg (1200x1200, 223K)

I like your posting, bookposting is good.
Twitter is a better format for getting book excerpts though.

I saw that tank IRL in Munster

Munster? Or Münster?

the german city

Any of you lads ever been to a psychiatrist? Are they any good? I've always assumed they'd only be good at helping fake-"""depressed""" normalfag chads but I've been thinking it might be worth going to one.

Attached: 1545664994984.jpg (736x736, 48K)

Just going to leave this here.

Attached: londonderry.png (124x79, 11K)

the tank museum is in Munster

evening lads

Attached: 1549123052874.jpg (807x720, 105K)

Attached: 1531348753489.jpg (550x550, 15K)