Why does a country with such a large population have no Nobel prize?

Why does a country with such a large population have no Nobel prize?

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png (1280x896, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Medawar
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brian_Medawar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Medawar

I am brazilian and once I asked myself that same questions. Well, first of all, although the brazilian educational system have a lot of problems, Brazil is full of geniuses in different areas (Principally now with the Internet). I am going to give you some examples of brazilians who should have won the Nobel.

1º — Carlos Chagas
2º- César Lattes
3º- Mario Schenberg
Here some people who should have won the Litterature prize: Clarice Lispector, Carlos Drummond de Andrade, Jorge Amado and Jorge de Lima (this one is a curious case, some histories say that he would receive the award in 1958, but he died in 1953 and the Nobel is only given to alive people)

The only brazilian who won the Nobel was Peter Medawar, a physician that probabily just won because by the time he had become british. By the time, the academy didn’t recognized him as a brazilian scientist, only recently is that he was recognized as a brazilian.
Those one are only a few people who deserved the Nobel, but the xenophobia of the Sweden Academy doesn’t allow Brazil to receive the prize.

PS: Is interesting to note that, latin countries like Argentina, Colombia, Chile and Venezuela had already win the award, BUT there’s a difference. Venezuela have one award. Chile have 2 Litterature awards. Colombia have one Peace and one Litterature. Those countries receiveds awards that are given by a different institution than the Science’s one. Peace and Litterature usually don’t distinguish countries by it’s international image. Argentina have 5 awards: 3 of them are in the Science field. The reason for that is because Argentina have a international image of ‘almost european country’. Most people from Argentina like to think that they are ‘a piece of Europe in South America’. Maybe that’s why Argentina didn’t suffer the Nobel’s xenophobia.

>Citizenship British
?

It's the white man keeping us down

>1 fields medal
>0 Abel prices
Are they even trying?

Attached: 1549380742486.jpg (500x594, 52K)

never post in one of my threads again

OwO
maybe in the future

Even when it comes to the lack of scientists, Pablos never leave us alone. They always stand beside us

>Chagas' work holds a unique place in the history of medicine. Working in primitive conditions, Chagas described in detail a previously unknown infectious disease, its pathogen, vector (Triatominae), host, clinical manifestations, and epidemiology. Chagas was also the first to discover and illustrate the parasitic fungal genus Pneumocystis, later infamous for being linked to pneumocystis pneumonia in AIDS patients.[1]

wew, I had no idea this guy was this good.

made me laff

Attached: kiss.webm (640x1136, 910K)

How come you always reply to my posts

You don't give me orders and God save you from the situation when I do to you.

Attached: 1547257404361-1.jpg (937x1171, 159K)

>The only brazilian who won the Nobel was Peter Medawar, a physician that probabily just won because by the time he had become british. By the time, the academy didn’t recognized him as a brazilian scientist, only recently is that he was recognized as a brazilian.
>Those one are only a few people who deserved the Nobel, but the xenophobia of the Sweden Academy doesn’t allow Brazil to receive the prize.

Not true, Brazil cancelled his Brazilian citizenship cause he did not enlist in the Brazilian army at age of 18. Was Brazil that negated the right to have a nobel prize cause "hur dur muhhh army, hur dur muh nationalism hur durrrr muh pátria"

" As notícias da época relatam que Peter perdeu sua cidadania brasileira por não ter cumprido o serviço militar obrigatório, tendo, então, que optar pela cidadania inglesa para continuar seus estudos na Inglaterra. Seu pai, dono da Ótica Inglesa, no Rio de Janeiro, teria apelado até ao ministro da Aeronáutica, Salgado Filho, por volta de 1941-45, sem sucesso "
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brian_Medawar

I have a free room come :3

>Swedish government is racist and that's why we dont have nobel prizes

Karen Hallberg, Juan Maldacena and Jorge Luis Borges are others argentines that "should" have won the nobel too

It's destiny

Nobels are a way of giving prizes to jews.

>Brazil has the 9th largest Jewish community in the world, about 107,329 according to the IBGE 2010 Census. The Jewish Confederation of Brazil (CONIB) estimates that there are more than 120,000 Jews in Brazil, with the lower figure representing active practitioners.

Nahuel you are not european

We have the dumbest type of jew.

Indonesia never got a Nobel either

The eternal jew only gives Nobel to other jews.

Indonesia isn't half white like Brazil.

Do you expect ignorant Euros to even know who those people are/were?

They just want to troll hard XDD

Obama has a Nobel Prize but pic related does not

Attached: Carlos Drummond de Andrade.jpg (750x400, 204K)

Reminder that Brazil is white.

Attached: 765736589.jpg (1920x1280, 287K)

she cute

dutchbro i think your flag is flipped

a-user I....

Attached: 1545520077079.png (308x326, 140K)

No, but I am.

Mexico has 3, Guatemala has 2, alot of south America have 2 atleast. What the hell, with their population they should have dozens by now.

1. Numbers don't mean efficiency
2. The Nobel Foundation isn't impartial

What would the Nobel foundation have against Brazil that they wouldn't have for the rest of Latin America?

>Why does a country with such a large population have no Nobel prize?

Why does your country with such a large population have only 63 Nobel prize?

Attached: 324357687.png (1110x1048, 234K)

It isn't that they're against Brazil, but the prize shouldn't be seen as the end all achivement of a field.
Recognition through prizes can become biased.