Cunt

>cunt
>do you have access to HSR in your cunt/state

No and most likely not in my lifetime

Attached: 4F38F447-1A71-4337-A1E3-F098EEA0AF20.jpg (750x1022, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/02/07/why_is_subway_building_so_slow_and_expensive_in_the_united_states_.html
citylab.com/transportation/2014/07/nyc-cant-afford-to-build-the-second-avenue-subway-and-it-cant-afford-not-to/374538/
newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/29/fed-up-commuters-subway-issues/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yet we can afford a bazillion wars, and welfare for the lazy.

Pooland
IT DOESN'T EVEN REACH ITS MAX SPEED

Attached: 1528327901765.png (1280x960, 2.73M)

>tfw have vested interests in the airline industry so this is a good thing for me

Attached: 616C60A3-22DF-4DC7-8728-69F87F648C6C.png (391x389, 127K)

America peaked decades ago. We’ve been on a slow decline ever since.

Attached: 2CB8636A-231B-499E-BB54-4FB15BB4CCD3.png (600x640, 698K)

Americans being americans as usual

should've pulled the plug a long time ago, there was never a consensus between cities to build the railway, i remember reading my city's newspaper arguing how letting the HSR passing through the city will be an eyesore even tho the land they are using is the existing 10 lane freeway. Also not to mention the countless lawsuits that's only purpose is to make money from the railway and lawyers are lining up and telling farmers to sue the company for using their land. Not to mention majority of the farmers are farming fkin almonds, the most water intensive crop in a state that's in desperate need of water.

That train was so fucking retarded.

>pulling on a fucking train project is a sign of decline

no
there's only 2 corridors where it would make sense and I don't live near ether of them

You have to understand, train enthusiasts are the most hardcore about their niche. They literally spend hours a day researching trains and train spotting.

stfu nothing wrong with that

You do realize that Gavin Newsom supports the idea of building HSR from Merced to Bakersfield.

>Gavin Newsom calls SF-to-LA high-speed rail unrealistic, pushes for route from Bakersfield to Merced
>bakersfield to merced
have fun with nobody riding your god damn train

Literally nowhere to nowhere special

No

>Driving from Los Angeles to Bakersfield ~ 2.5 hours
>Driving from Merced to San Francisco ~ 2.5 hours
>Driving from LA to SF up the 5 ~ 6.5 hours
So what's the point?

>be me
> i want to go to frisco
>drive to bakersfeild
>take train to merced
>rent car to drive to frisco
>get their like 5 minutes faster

We turd world

we cant afford anything. some one plz nuke the fuck out of us

the point is to join the 2nd world, you turd world amerishart

>American airlines

yuck.

>86 mile (138km) route between chicago and milwaukee
>average operating speed of 57mph (92km/h)
>max speed of 79mph (127km/h)

Attached: donald.jpg (600x400, 23K)

The whole thing was a cynical ploy to gouge money from taxpayers by exploiting transit enthusiasts hopes. There was tons of corruption involved and I think it was even a no-bid contract.

publicly execute everyone involved

The people in the state government were some of the most corrupt involved.

just walk lol

LA to SF is not 5 hours

More like 10

>etting the HSR passing through the city will be an eyesore

Meanwhile to me seeing a train in a city is a sign of a civilized world.

Our cities already look like dogshit lmao

Settle down, user.

Going up the PCH sure. But that’s on you

Trains are a bad idea except for freight. Where most train rides are competitive are about to get ass rammed by electric planes in a decade or so

Andrew Jackson wouldn't have let this happen

I rode a HSR into Tokyo from the airport and it was really fascinating seeing the buildings move around the window frame so fast. Too bad California is a shithole that doesn't deserve the reputation it has.

Didn't China offer to build us one like 12 years ago for free but Obama got all pissy and said we would build it themselves?

Same with building that Bay Bridge

Attached: 1521248346392.png (581x612, 5K)

>Too bad California is a shithole that doesn't deserve the reputation it has.
Just replace "California" with "United Sharts" and you are spot fuckin on

at this point, having Chinese eradicate our nefarious oligarchy is the only rational option

The Florida one is still happening right?

No changes as far as I know

Sounds more like a light rail to me desu

>backing out from a plan you never intended to implement
predicable american scams

>believing US ever engages in projects that actually benefit the public

that goes against the fundamentals of Capitalism

no, goyim you wont get HSR, only false promises

US cant afford to build and maintain subway systems. its too expensive for them.

london was the 1st city with subway
eastern european got their subways from USSR

weird way of saying burgers too poor and cant afford what real 1st worlders have

US is behind the world in terms of development and infrastructure.

everytime a city proposes to build a much needed subway system, it gets rejected due to Americans not being able to afford its development and maintenance. this is a popular issue of US public transportation in all cities.

cities even went for cheaper alternatives to subway like the skyrail in Vancouver, but got rejected for the same reason: Americans are too poor to afford development and maintenance of public transport that is easily available and developed in other parts of the world.

slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/02/07/why_is_subway_building_so_slow_and_expensive_in_the_united_states_.html

citylab.com/transportation/2014/07/nyc-cant-afford-to-build-the-second-avenue-subway-and-it-cant-afford-not-to/374538/

recently the US rejected high-speed rail system that Europe, China, Japan have. reason of rejection: unaffordablity

New York can afford to provide illegals with $4+Billion/year in freebies “Welfare” but cannot afford to maintain infrastructure for legal working Americans.

Instead of funding the invasion of America, maybe Cuomo should read his job description, rather than Marx and Alinsky.

These aging systems have been in need for decades. Political folks knew. I cannot find political folks doing any good. No analysis, no common sense, just flap their lips.

newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/29/fed-up-commuters-subway-issues/

The american public transport system was bought out and shut down by car companies in the early 20s and theyve used their political connections to make sure it never comes back

theres no comparison. russia is above and beyond anything in shartland.

USSR had excellent public education and healthcare. meanwhile US education/healthcare is monkey-tier.

USSR built the best metros/subways on the planet. meanwhile in shartland, we cant afford to build or maintain the rotten shit we call subways.

US cant afford to build and maintain subway systems. its too expensive for them.

amerisharts are greedier than kikes, desu

greedy and cheap on everything-- its the profit motive. build cheap sell high.

we are cheapest/shittiest on healthcare, housing, education, food and everything else.

thats why everything is so shitty and expensive here... and also why starters are so greedy, dumb, ugly

fuck this decaying, corrupt, fascist shithole. i am moving to Canada.

>why cant we afford good public transport like the rest of the world?
>why cant we afford good free universal healthcare like the 1st world?
>why cant we have good public education like the 1st world?

same reason we build houses out of cardboard, instead of masonry.

because we are greedy anti-human capitalists

Same. Also

>MAGLEV or bust

>state government fucks up to due incompetence and dumb laws
>hurr durr, federal government military spending

Attached: pepe.jpg (900x900, 78K)

I moved to this shitty state to make a paltry 77k a year. Nearly 33% of my paycheck goes to taxes. How can they not afford this shit? Where does all the money go in this shithole?

And what, replace it with their own nefarious oligarchy?

>Implying Canada is better.
They are just as corrupt and actively "browning" their society. Plus you'll pay double the taxes.

The fed is literally missing trillions of tax dollars

>we cut the bullet train after bulldozing hundreds of homes and spening a billion dollars
What the fuck

Also both Brown and Newson deserve to lose their kneecaps desu

HSR is so 20th century. Just build a lot of hyperloops.

What happened

Attached: Twin_Cities_Zephyr_Oregon_Illinois_early_1940s.jpg (1150x763, 234K)

>GIVE ME THE MONEY YOU GREEDY RICH PERSON

This shit is retarded and a waste of taxpayer dollars. Cars are more reliable than retarded trains.

hyperloops will never be a thing

look up serious scientific videos in youtube to know why
musk is a conman

This makes me so sad

Blame corps

for real or ironically?

Cascadia will succeed where others have failed

Attached: hjkghnghfn.png (737x590, 563K)

I'm serious

I live in Los Angeles and travel to San Francisco a lot
There's just something so cool and comfy about trains, you know? And I really like the idea of riding a train to SF

go have a heart attack or something, boomer

le epic centrist compromise strikes again

You're getting lobbied. Are you really telling me that California which is one of the largest economies in the world's, can't afford a small stretch of rail?

Lmao that train.

Attached: 6bc8aa0b-2a6e-47a6-afc3-fb6ffc5e7758.jpg (768x432, 127K)

This is bullshit. Cost isn't the issue.

It would be done if there was political will, but there isn't

There have been several plans drawn up for shinkansen between major cities in different states, etc. but all were scrapped. At least one of these plans was scrapped due to pressure from the commercial airline industry, by which I am referring to political corrpution and kickbacks. It would not surprise me if this sort of thing was the main reason for the other plans being scrapped. Our politicans have a history of being corporate puppets.

at least they used a stock photo of a swedish train rather than a chink one

>welfare for the lazy.
Fucking die, cunt.

It's actually canadian-swedish. We do contracts with bombardier and design them together with them.

While it would be 5 times more nefarious at least it would be efficient.

Illegals don't get welfare, you fucking piece of shit Jow Forumstard.

>serious scientific videos in youtube
Mate.

not at the moment, but my state might be getting some to a couple of regional cities. they're definitely bringing it up a lot like it's going to be a thing but I wont hold my breath

Why

Maybe try and give state low-income projects another go with the money? These hordes of homeless nomad camps are just out of fucking control, and appropriating billions for a method of transport middle class people already use cars and airplanes for with zero problems was absolutely retarded
And yes, inb4 some user mentions all these shithole projects were shut down in Chicago and NYC for being disgusting third world slums, but maybe some cheap, high density housing is what Cali needs. The problem certainly won't be fixed by the good graces of Silicon Valley philanthropy. But then again, this is California bureaucracy we're talking about so Im sure they'd find some way to screw it up.

Attached: nycha-housing.jpg (618x410, 136K)

>inb4 some user mentions all these shithole projects were shut down in Chicago and NYC for being disgusting third world slums
tbf a large reason for this stereotype of public housing being shitholes originates from NYC going bankrupt back in the day, which led to under-funding on a lot of public services which turned huge swaths of New York's poorer districts near post-apocalyptic