Korean here. What does Korean sound like to non-Koreans...

Korean here. What does Korean sound like to non-Koreans? Can you distinguish it from other Asian languages like Japanese or Chinese?

Attached: 1540860303803.jpg (1080x1342, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9e96oPr-XY
youtube.com/watch?v=emYnT8HyZpc
youtu.be/TD_hAqaUudo
youtube.com/watch?v=zprCVgMKXT0
youtube.com/watch?v=yCjb_JuSiLg
vocaroo.com/i/s1sEPGi21ier
youtube.com/watch?v=vExjnn_3ep4
youtube.com/watch?v=FB3-zTsw6GM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It sounds harsher than Japanese or Chinese. I can recognize it instantly, but I live near a bunch of korean immigrants.

a lot of 요’s and 숩니다’s and 합니다’s. yes i can tell the difference.

chances are I'd think it's chinese desu

Usually I can tell people are speaking Korean if I go through the process of "does it sound like Chinese or Japanese?", if the answer is no then it's Korean.
I know there's SEA languages but those sound distinctively different.

It's less repetitive than chinese but when compared to japanese it sounds more monotone and boring

Easy to differentiate from Japanese, which is phonetically simpler.
Not so easy to tell apart from Chinese, but I still can do it.

I would not be able to tell it apart from Japanese if I didn't watch so much anime. In other words I can only recognize Korean by thinking: "Oh it has no words that I know so it can't be Japanese, ergo it's Korean"

Her body like a fridge

I speak Japanese but was able to distinguish between Japanese, Chinese and Korean even before I started studying Japanese.

Korean to me sounds horrible, but then so do all Asian languages other than Japanese. I'd say it's still not as bad as Chinese, but almost there. For some reason, men speaking Korean don't sound as bad as women (which often works the other way around in other languages).

chuga chuk chuga uuga buuga chuk chuga imnida sumnida

>Not so easy to tell apart from Chinese
Really, Chinese?? Isn't it far closer to Japanese? Chinese has a very unique sound to it I think, it's not even like a human language.

what does that even mean?

Sounds much softer than Chinese. Chinese is easily recognizable. If it sounds like "ching chong chang" then it's Cantonese. If it sounds like "shway shway shway" then it's Mandarin.

Korean and Japanese sound similar but Japanese is more staccato and basic-sounding (only 5 vowel sounds). If it has more sounds and variations then it's Korean.

>chuk chuga imnida sumnida

kek

OP here. I think Korean sounds pretty different from either Japanese and Chinese, but if it's closer to one then I definitely think it sounds more like Japanese. Some regional accents sound a lot like Japanese. Look up 경상도 사투리 on Youtube. Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=X9e96oPr-XY

Her body looks like a fridge .

That's funny because I think Brazilian Portuguese sounds like shit
youtube.com/watch?v=emYnT8HyZpc

What I mean is that Japanese is very simpler in comparation to both Korean and Chinese, as all its syllables are open or end in N, has only five vowels and very few consonants.

how how? is she rectangular, no. does she have a door, no.

Chinese mixed with japanese

>germans

Attached: 88C00B71-8EC4-4C51-8EC6-D084551EFD7A.jpg (225x224, 10K)

It means he wants to put his spotted dick in it.

Attached: InexperiencedCompetentBantamrooster-small[1].gif (327x251, 1.06M)

Among the East Asian languages...

Japanese sounds the best for speaking.

Korean sounds the best for singing.

Chinese sounds the best for reciting poems.

>german humour

Attached: 34344765576.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

HYUUUUUUUUN JOOOOONAYYYY ANNYONG CHOK UUU WONGO BOZZO UUU

This. Korean is like the missing link between Chinese and Japanese.

Attached: 1521028269966.jpg (1920x2398, 520K)

So easy

Japanese
>always day neh, desuneh
Koreans
>Hasayo, hae, cho sounds (always make o shape with mouth)
Chinese
>Zhezhe sounds

youtu.be/TD_hAqaUudo

I know Japanese and some Chinese. Mandarin Chinese is an instant giveaway with the retroflex sounds like ch and zh and the tonal system.
Korean sounds like Japanese with more consonants and less vowels.

Go to bed already

Attached: pepeannoyed.jpg (499x481, 28K)

TOROO CHO TOT TOYOO DAR CHOYUUU CHOROOOOOO

What was she thinking when she took this pic? Flat as a fucking board, pathetic

wtf, why don't you just explain it to me. why would you want to put a spotted dick in a fridge?

Why this thread make me laugh

>with more consonants and less vowels.

Korean has more vowels.

brudi ich kann nicht schlafen bis ich den witz verstehe

It sounds like a fusion of Cantonese and Japanese to me.

I meant more consonants as in words can actually end in a consonant and you can have sequences like -lk-

very easily, even before I became a K-pop fan

my gf got into cooking korean food and the names for it all sound like somebody scatting or like the lyrics to a hansen song

it's like "bipmbap" "gimbop". It's like a language formed out of beatboxing.

>Can you distinguish it from other Asian languages like Japanese or Chinese?
Yes, but I've had ex gfs that were Korean and Japanese.

Sam?

Syllables?

>K-pop fan

Attached: tenor[1].gif (220x112, 215K)

I keked, please kill me...

Attached: 1544237208913.png (311x304, 111K)

I have no idea what korean sounds, it's like that psy sound? if so it's the same as chinese and japanese

chinese is just annoying korean is pretty tolerable so is japanese it's easy to distinguish korean from the rest because of certain words and the way they say things (hamnida, sumunida, imnida)

>I meant more consonants as in words can actually end in a consonant
It's basically possible in Japanese too, because a lot of times the end vowel is swallowed

Nobody cares about korea/koreans. Korea is japanese clay filled with black chinese gays

still nobody has explained the fridge joke to me

Attached: pepe_gun.jpg (403x392, 40K)

based

Kinda like Chinese but in a polite Japanese tone and very whiny.

She's flat, no arse no tits

kek

Attached: 1549833417554.png (512x512, 46K)

Korean is the comfiest Asian language for music.

youtube.com/watch?v=zprCVgMKXT0

>I have no idea what korean sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=yCjb_JuSiLg

pretty much. also korean sounds like someone is trying to hock up a loogie

nida〜
nida〜
nida〜

no that's not it, you're just making fun of me, if the explanation was this simple someone would have said it earlier

sounds like complete shit mate sorry not sorry

Good for you.

No you're not autistic, stop larping

Attached: 1549424259203s.jpg (104x125, 2K)

This. A lot of Sino-Korean words sounds similar to Cantonese. I think Korean sounds like Cantonese spoken with a Japanese inflection.

Attached: 1517789356954[1].gif (650x705, 38K)

I don't claim to be autistic, I just want someone to tell me how a women looks like a fridge, because to me she looks nothing like a fridge, was is wrong with all of you

LADS
vocaroo.com/i/s1sEPGi21ier

For me it could be any asian language, really couldn't tell if it was indonesian, vietnamese, etc...

>Chinese sounds the best for reciting poems.

Nigga what?

youtube.com/watch?v=vExjnn_3ep4

Chinese sounds horrible in everything.

nice one

Attached: 1549861347975.png (700x700, 615K)

I don't get it either, she looks more like a table

Attached: 1549860469698.gif (511x512, 105K)

>Korean sounds the best for singing.

Um, fragile ego much?

go die with your shit clown meme, monkey

Projecting much?

Yes, Japanese is very obvious due to the similar sounds to Spanish and the constant "tte", "sh", and "n" sounds.
Korean has these bubbly sounds like "ppa", "ba", "cho", that sound somewhat smooth or cute? and I suppose it's the reason why their pop went on a surge of popularity in recent years.
And Chinese sounds as lovely as dishes smashing against the floor or as nails scratching a blackboard. youtube.com/watch?v=FB3-zTsw6GM

>If it sounds like "ching chong chang" then it's Cantonese. If it sounds like "shway shway shway" then it's Mandarin.
Very informative lad.

Attached: 1523932894972.png (1200x600, 289K)

Insta-reply with a ego-stroker? Yeah, you're projecting

No

Attached: 1549734363138.gif (607x609, 514K)

see the similarities? because I don't.

Attached: fridge.png (2096x1336, 1.47M)

it's called envy

Attached: brainlet-gif[1].gif (615x548, 18K)

It's not like there is a wide variety of euphonious Asian languages to choose from.

what is called envy?

The original fridgeposter was clearly misusing the fridge meme. I stand with autistic German. OP image is a stick (I like stick). Fridge implies broad shoulders and probably a broad waist/hips too

Japanese songs tend to get repetitive due to the limited number of sounds in the Japanese language. Chinese songs are... in Chinese.

I also stand with autistic german. She is not a fridge at all. There is no door

thanks for your support. but what even is the fridge meme, I never heard of it.

Attached: happy_pepe.jpg (250x242, 10K)

Attached: la refridgedaro.jpg (634x861, 114K)

i wonder if she will ever know some anons from various countries once spent time discussing whether or not she looks like a fridge. What a strange time to be alive.

Korean sounds like Japanese but more aggressive (guttural and stronger intonation). Chinese sounds alien.

I've played Sleeping Dogs before and the Chinese spoken in that game literally sounds like "ching chang chong"

ok that makes more sense

koreans sound like whining children at all times

>What does Korean sound like to non-Koreans
like korean idk, I grew up in an area/neighborhood with a fuckton of korean diaspora so it sounds normal to me

>Can you distinguish it from other Asian languages like Japanese or Chinese?
Yes, again because of my environment growing up.

New Jersey?