Why are Americans like this?

washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/2019/02/12/record-million-americans-are-months-behind-their-car-payments-red-flag-economy/?noredirect=on&__twitter_impression=true

Just pay your loan, lel

Attached: Screenshot_20190213-082846_2.jpg (1080x1059, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YEBlWQ37its
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal
cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/dieselgate-timeline-germanys-car-emissions-fraud-scandal
theverge.com/2018/9/18/17876012/dieselgate-volkswagen-vw-diesel-emissions-test-epa-german-auto-industry-mercedes-benz-bmw
youtube.com/watch?v=fSBwlBdpKSg
youtube.com/watch?v=Abz9qgi9FKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe people should stop living beyond their means and taking out loans for cars they can't afford?

Attached: 1549835165097.png (282x302, 60K)

>Under 30
>Buying a car that needs a loan

That is a problem with low interest and cheap money.

>even more than during the recession
And yet we might see a new recession in a year or two when it spreads from Italy to Germany

>Be American
>Need a car for socio-economic validation

Or getting from A to B

I always pay my car note on time, but I only got a small one to build credit.
Why you would get a car loan if you can't afford it and not a shitbox $750 Honda is beyond me.

I think you can't live there without a car. They don't have public transport.

>Need a car for socio-economic validation
>get shot buy nig who stole your car

Attached: 405ss_thinkstock_rf_couple_laughing_in_cafe.jpg (692x384, 50K)

Depends on where you live.

Attached: Chan (2).jpg (214x252, 11K)

Buy a cheaper car wtf burgers

I honestly can't wait

why are people under 30 taking out loans, and for a fucking car? you can make a down payment of like 1k and do monthly payments of about 250 for a decent car. retards reap what they sow

We do, but it doesn't cover 100% of the country.

and then finally broke when the ambulance picks you up

>be 23 yr old fresh out of college
>instead of getting a 10 yr old used car with 0 payments you get a 2018 Ford Mustang XLE class V8
>can't make payment
>oh well, time to get a new iphone

Attached: oecd.jpg (1130x1951, 401K)

This I did this too, it's a strategic purchase even though I could repay it in full pretty quickly.

Can Amerikeks buy the best budget car in Europe?

Attached: Dacia-Logan-pret-1170x658[1].jpg (1170x658, 169K)

>mfw used cinquecento for 400yuros
topkek muricans

>car loan
what the fuck, just buy a used $5k car when you're young

You won't enjoy it as much being BREXITED.COM at same time
People actually do that from what I hear. No securities, mustbuynewiphone.gif
There's fuckload of used cars piling up in America too youtu.be/YEBlWQ37its

They don't have 5k lmao

A rustbucket that does just that shouldn't get you into economic troubles.

Nobody here saves their money, people think i'm crazy when I tell them that I save a good 40% of my paycheck and don't spend it.

I learned to always have two paychecks in savings. You know for when shit hit the fan.

Reported to FED for not spending your dollas and not getting more on credit, have fun in prison for saving criminals

>why are Americans like this
hmm I wonder

To live in 90% of the US's land you need a car to survive, dumbass. It's a basic necessity due to the Eisenhower interstate system. How the fuck have you lived in this country and not learned this simple fact, you unamerican twat?

Attached: wage stagnation usa.png (609x644, 169K)

Maybe Germany should have fixed the fiscal policy of the Eurozone 10 years ago. Instead, they traded Europe's health for a bit of manufacturing money.

Whoops.

>instead of getting a 10 yr old used car with 0 payments
as if you're going to pass emissions tests like that. it's like you've never been poor in your life you sheltered child

>Says the nation with Quantitative Easing 4 coming soon

You have emission tests in us? Woah. Also Europe has 20yo cars you just pay eco tax on older than 10y vehicles.

>as if you're going to pass emissions tests like that
Weird, my mom's 20 year old SUV manages to pass CA emissions testing just fine.

>Boomers kicking their kids out at 18 years old
>Believing in the "Money was meant for spending" or "You can't take money with you when you die" dogma
>Want to appear wealthy or well off to others
>Consumerism
>Lack of knowledge in finance e.g Americans don't know why FIAT is a scam
>Lack of knowledge in vehicles e.g Americans don't know why a car loses value
>Learned habits e.g Paying things in credit seems like the normal thing to do

It's not uncommon to hear the average American complain about paying off their loans whether it's student loans, phone payments, car payments, mortgage loans, or some other payment they got going along.
>"What are you going to use the lottery money for if you win?"
>"Oh well first Im going to pay my loans first :^)"

If you tell an American "just don't get a loan/mortgage lol" you'll get the look like you just stomped a kitten. "B-B-BUT I NEED THIS THING BECAUSE OF X REASONS AND MUH CHILDREN". Some are very desperate to get what they want as long as they can pay it off in payments. They don't care about long term.

Banks sometimes act predatory. I've heard that the bank will not give you a loan for a vehicle that is older than 5 years old. You, by force, have to get a [CURRENT YEAR] vehicle or no loan. Of course, a [CURRENT YEAR] vehicle will cost more in payments and some can not afford the payment so the buyer is stuck slaving up for a newer model the buyer did not want in the first place.

If you're middle class, but save up money, you'll look like a pleb and live like a pleb but you'll have money saved for investments or an emergency... but people don't like that. People want to look FUN and COOL.

It really astonishes me how people of all ages here are still desperate to show off to their peers how much money they have. Our culture enables instant gratification so more people are interested in seeing results, than doing the hard work... and getting things on credit makes those results come faster.

Attached: Dm12dQlUwAAPJak.jpg (850x400, 54K)

>You have emission tests in us?
Yes, I think it might be even more strenuous than in Europe. See

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal
cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/dieselgate-timeline-germanys-car-emissions-fraud-scandal
theverge.com/2018/9/18/17876012/dieselgate-volkswagen-vw-diesel-emissions-test-epa-german-auto-industry-mercedes-benz-bmw

In most populated states (CA, NY, IL, FL, etc.) you have to check your car in once a year to check emissions. Although I believe US authorities check different emissions than Europeans. Something like the difference between NOx and CO2.

Chances are it was a very good SUV to being with. There are many shit cars out there, and not all of them can pass

I didn't say don't buy a car you absolute mong.
I said buy a car you can afford.

>to being with.
begin with*
had too many pilsner urquell tonight apparently

Attached: pinktelephonehat_3.png (728x501, 704K)

see The clarity grows with each post you make. Such is the life of privilege

Why dont they buy cheaper used car instead?

You will simply have your vehicle decommissioned by the emissions police

>A 2001 shitbox can't pass emissions

Attached: seriously-nigger-1401511.png (500x853, 206K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fSBwlBdpKSg

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

A lot of them can't, if you live in a state that's worth living in

you can buy new car from copart with 2-3 panels damaged and repair it yourself, well you cant resell it but still as an everyday commuter some honda shuttle works great

wait I posted the wrong one this one's really good

youtube.com/watch?v=Abz9qgi9FKg

I live in WA and my 1994 Honda Accord passed emissions despite being a terrible shitbox. You're just making excuses to buy a new car.

I assumed he was baiting for replies.

>You're just making excuses to buy a new car.
I have a dead 2003 Hyundai in my garage bro. I went to remote work so I don't need it, simply because how bad everything has gotten.

>be in late 20s
>just now moving out from parents
>most of my friends still don't have car because why would they need one with all the public transport
>enjoyed a free university
And some mutt will call me turd world in the next thread I open.

First/second/third world were political designations of the Cold War you retard. By the way, you would have been second world.

>parents didn't give you their old car
Sad

Literally (figuratively) no american alive knows that those terms originate from the cold war. To the vast majority of people third world means shithole.

>you would have been second world
>american education

it is worth it for many college degrees if you dont incur outrageous amounts of debt, i agree with the car shit though no need to get anything over $5k if you really are scraping by

Ummm sweetie,
we actually were third world.

But in my post I said turd world so the argument is moot anyway.

Attached: asdasfasfgdsgds.png (1702x890, 453K)

You need a car for jobs, usually even shit ones.
You need college for jobs, usually even mediocre ones.

Not showing up to work because your rust bucket broke down will cause you to lose your job

people are shit with money and live above their means, some people think being in debt is normal

I don't get Americans. Their wages are higher than ours and the prices for almost everything (other than education and healthcare) are much cheaper than here (food there costs half or even less than it does here), their taxes are lower than ours, and yet they constantly complain about their economy. I think that the consumerist culture is so ingrained in them that they constantly but a lot of stuff without thinking and throw them away, which is how they still manage to be poor.

Attached: 1543566563702.png (645x773, 11K)

Probably because they buy expensive SUVs or pickup trucks that take years to pay off instead of buying a used Honda or Toyota.

that is true, my parents were making something like $160k/yr combined when I was in high school in a cheap ass state and even then complained about living paycheck to paycheck, didnt save much, and went into credit card debt a lot. They are saving for retirement and cleaning up though

Why do Americans try to justify retarded debt with "building credit" I have never heard it from anywhere else.

Just look at the face of this fucker.
What is wrong with him, why are is eyes so unsettling.

No it’s reasonable thing to do. For example back in Russia trick for entrepreneurs is to get 1-2K credit after you register your LTD. requires a lot of paperwork but if yo do that and then pay off 1-2K in 6-12 months you’ve built a base to qualify for decent loan. Since you’re gonna close your Ltd and get a new one in 3-5 years it is a handy trick to do. Even ma boy trump was bankrupt multiple times for a reason. Getting loan is justified it’s just majority of population doesn’t understand how to utilize it

where is this? do you mean like credit cards, because if you pay them off on time (basically just treat it like a debit card) then it is the best payment method as you get rewards, credit score increases, and usually safer against fraud

You might need a loan at some time in the future so you borrow money and pay it back to prove you're worthy.

I build credit the right way, I have 3 credit cards and carry a zero balance on all of them.

>went into credit card debt a lot
This is part of the problem, taking expensive loans on credit cards instead of just spending money you have. I never want to own a credit card.

They are really pushing this shit here in the past few years, there are adverts for credit scores everywhere.

Just get a bicycle you fat fucks

Attached: image.php.jpg (980x653, 120K)

>credit scores
What's that? Some kind of a cuck points system?

> I never want to own a credit card.
You’re cycling yourself by not grilling meat bcs grill can burn you. I have credit card and I limited it to 85% of my wage so there’s no way it won’t be repaid. I usually repay it mid month when I track my expenses. Cash back and other bonuses are nice if you are responsible

I have never heard of anyone here being denied a morgage because they didn't take car loans or credit card debt.
Am I fucking up by living a debt free life or is it mainly an American thing?
Here we seem to have a problem with loan sharks giving loans to people the shouldn't than the other way

>or is it mainly an American thing?
Apparently it is, I have been denied lines of credit several times just because my credit history isn't very long despite being near perfect.

it's like china's social score but privatized

Not really. Let’s say my incomes are not all white and clear and therefore I look bit shady for banking systems. Being recorded to always payoff debts I am cleared for higher loans if I want to get one

not nearly as bad

Aktually, banks share credit info in connected systems that cross check you everywhere. Colleague worked on implementing 13th checking api for credits in bank. There’s nothing like single bank credit score nowadays. Maybe it’s euro thing

I've passed with 3 complete shitboxes before, wtf are you driving?

>buy stuff with money you dont have with interest rates you cant afford
>waaah capitalism

In simple terms it lets companies know if you're worth giving money to.

>just get a bicycle
>when there are no bike paths in most of America
>and a lot of jobs are 30 minutes are more in a damned car on the highway
Good job applying your country to a completely different country, smartest man in Sweden.

but you can still buy small 5 years old car and not fucking mustang

Basically. As I understand it, the more debt you pay off the higher your score, which allows you to take out more loans.

I still don't want to pay 25% interest on any debt. I'd rather just be careful with my money and just buy what I can afford. For example, I have a car, but it is also completely paid off as soon as I bought it because I saved for it first. But I understand most people can't or won't do that.

>just take the buss then

Attached: 1393067269091.png (709x748, 129K)

You have 50-60 days to refill cc lol. I paid interest twice to see how much is it. It does stack up month to month but my cash back covered this and much more 7:1

>he doesnt walk for 1.5 hrs to work and then run back home everyday

Attached: 1533618075133.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Same thing applies. Buses often don't exist outside metro areas. You might think you're being clever but I can't even catch a taxi in this town despite it having two small malls.

I know, you are all fucked

>Boomers kicking their kids out at 18 years old
Unfortunately the alternative with the current housing market is doing like we do and live with momma until 40.
Everything else you're right about, a lot of it can be avoided with wise spending habits.

Yeah despite welfare and shit there is no actual effort to take care of our own. We neglect infrastructure and a small town will build 7 parks but no walking trails. I literally live 1 mile from the nearest grocer and 1.5 from the next but it's entirely through yards, culverts, up and down rocky terrain, and across roads. There's no sidewalks anywhere but where stores and malls have built them or outside the library, courthouse, and post office. We have 5 goddamned groceries and I'd walk to each of them if it wasn't a death-trap in the winter.

You should remove welfare by 2020. It’s unconstitutional

Americans consume like locusts. Everytime I go there I notice it. Food wrapped in plastic delivered by a guy driving a diesel truck while drinking a big gulp with cellphone in his hand as he texts and drives... NOTHING in that country is remotely sustainable. I go there for work sometimes and a day in the office is:
>8-9:30 show up and eat 3 danishes and coffee and talk
>9:30-10:30 work half ass
>10:30-12 pretend to work but talk about shit and plan where to go for lunch
>12-1 drive to lunch spot (could be across the street and they would still all drive) and get everyone seated
>1-2 eat
>2-2:30 drive back to office and have coffee and another danish
>2:30-4 work half ass then go home

It's going to be a massacre when that haystack goes up in flames.

I'd be fine with that if they gave everyone a chance to get a job and hold it. There are people who are fucked however. There are a shit ton of moochers though.

Businesses are actually a bigger government parasite than welfare assholes though. The system is fucked top to bottom. If someone would institute term limits on senate and congress it would fix a lot of shit. Then we need to put in some conflict of interest bills.

i did an internship last summer and it was like that except i did even less work kek, put in maybe 10 hrs of actual work of the 400 during that summer

why do canadians always do this? act like they're so different when they're not?

One guy who does some sort of housing thing with his dad told me they wanted to higher legal immigrant offered him close to minimum wage. He said he should think about it then called them saying he gets money from welfare and all benefits combined only 10% below what they offer and he won’t work for 10% funds increase. That’s why they hire illegals. Pretty sad tbqh

I read an article once that said Canadians are actually the worst tourists, but most people just assume they're Americans.

>he hasnt taken the monarchypill yet

>have 11k in student loans
>against 0,01 % interest
>have to pay it back in 15 years
>didn't have to pay anything back last year, because I didn't earn enough
Nice

I can also take breaks in paying it back for a total of 5 years. And if I haven't paid it back in 15 years then I don't have to pay back the rest.

>have thousands of dollars in debt from school
>not planning on paying back any of it

Attached: 1539743472627.png (408x660, 80K)