I want to visit Japan, but it's very far away and very expensive

I want to visit Japan, but it's very far away and very expensive...

Attached: Date Masamune.jpg (1600x1064, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
ine-kankou.jp/english/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Portuguese used to go there back in the day before planes and cars, surely you can make it there, too!

Do it like your ancestors, swim around Africa and India and get there the old-fashioned way

>Go to Rich European country
>Work
>Save some money
>Go to Japan
>???
>Reproduce?

you posted Date Masamune because he sent people to Portugal?

and you will be just be slaughtered

Attached: silence-oscars--633x356.jpg (633x356, 143K)

Attached: The Last Samurai Duel.jpg (1000x665, 121K)

lol, I didn't know that
only posted him because of Shogun 2 where the Date were some of my favourites

Attached: date lads.jpg (1920x1080, 723K)

Have you see Dokuganyu Masamune?

I am going in April, just booked the flight yesterday.

Attached: 1538940089638.jpg (519x550, 32K)

"My only regret in life was to not been born earlier and nearer to Kyoto."

Pls come to korea than. Its less expensive.

Attached: 131158972580263359_orig.jpg (1680x525, 218K)

By the time your come back, your country will be a mess because of Brexit. Better stay in Japan and become an English Teacher

Your don't need tourists, you should rather be on the lookout for spies that sell your tech secrets to Huawei

ah sry he didn't dispatch his subordinates to Portugal, only spen
pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
it's said he was planning to overthrow the current-then regime in Japan with the pope tho lol

>it's said he was planning to overthrow the current-then regime in Japan with the pope tho lol
literally nothing wrong with that, you just have to do everything you can to become Shogun lol

Attached: titty Samurai.jpg (958x1280, 273K)

oh well it'd have allowed Christianity to intervene with Japanese infighting, which would lead to something like an absolute mess killing our independence back then... well it's not more than just a meme theory at the end of the day

Attached: 1548945683740.png (165x240, 19K)

Come to my house.
It's free.

you were already using European weapons and advisors at that point, might as well also try to take advantage of European politics
besides, that was right before the Thirty Years War, so it's not like the Pope would have changed much of anything in Japan with half of Europe on fire

Attached: matchlock master race.webm (800x500, 2.88M)

>Viceroyalty of Hakata
>Portuguese Nagasaki
>ecclesiastical property of Ouu

Attached: 1549885561869.jpg (405x660, 67K)

Yes, I'm buying my Yen soon in case the Pound plunges.
Good riddance, I hate the miserable place.

>Portuguese Nagasaki
don't know about the other two but it's a shame that we didn't keep a city in Japan
we could have had Macau 2 but with Japan :3

Attached: nagasaki.jpg (565x800, 161K)

What from?

we europeans are so based

Why? They would just dislike you now for occupying Japan.

>tfw no Macaense 2 gf to bake me Kasutera
JUST

Attached: img_20100427T231329753.jpg (320x180, 23K)

>Expensive

Nigga how poor are you? I work a 9 to 5 minimum wage job (€10.60) an hour and I can afford it.

I am going for 10 days in November and the hotel only costs €1000, flights were €800 and I am probably going to spend like €2000 while I am there.

That’s only like 2 months wages. Not really expensive by any stretch of the imagination.

Attached: E8307C45-6214-4C4C-B6A7-0D902C89B3C2.jpg (572x397, 34K)

I want to visit Japan, but they'd treat me like a criminal if I did, logging my picture and fingerprints. They can keep their insect society.

where are you gonna go my Gallagher brother? my recommendation is this
ine-kankou.jp/english/
it's quite close to Kyoto so it's easy to make a day-trip

I read the manga

Princess mononoke ofc

such a shame ;_;
well, at least you can always get yourself a Japanese-Brazilian gf to cook you brazilian feijoada...

Attached: blblblblbl.jpg (966x1288, 853K)

I am not really sure. I have booked my hotel in Akasaka, Tokyo. I will be there from the 05th-10th of November and I am not really sure what to do. I have a few places in Tokyo that I want to see but in terms of a proper itinerary I haven’t planned much.

I was basically just going to wander around and see what I find. When I go on holiday I like to just chill out. When I was in Prague in January I just went to Cafe’s, Bars and saw some historical buildings.

Basically I hate being surrounded by other tourists. I like to be surrounded by the locals and experience the actual culture, not be herded around in a big group so we can all take the same picture of the same building or monumnet you know? I prefer a slow paced holiday where I stumble upon things rather than “OKAY I HAVE SEEN MEIJI SHRINE NOW I NEED TO SEE SKYTREE BY 5PM AND THEN I HAVE TO SEE AKIHABARA AND THEN....” etc. It’s too stressful for me.

I am unsure if I should maybe spend 5 days in Tokyo and then 5 days in Kyoto or Osaka. My cousin said there is plenty to do in Tokyo and that Osaka will be a similar experience to Tokyo anyway.

so qt.

you guys should've spread Bacalhau to Japan and it'd have been perfect t bh
that'll be a laid-back trip then. honestly at least Tokyo is chock-full of tourists around where you stay. as for Kyoto it'll be even messy with tourists, on top of that you are coming here in November, when people flock there to see red leaves. t bh November is best to travel in Japan imo but it's almost like suffocation. but still it's worthy of visiting, enjoy.

Attached: 6362-1-20151116104204_b5649346c03cd1.jpg (1191x893, 246K)

Thanks man. Yeah I heard that November is pretty busy but the flights were pretty cheap and it was the only time I could get off work. I guess whatever time of year you go, even January, Tokyo will be full of tourists so there is no real avoiding that. I might think about going to Osaka or something for a few days. Cheers.

The one on the left looks like Rio Hamasaki. Is that her?

>Rio Hamasaki
how fucking old are you

European people should visit Japan more.

Didn't stop your ancestors Jaoa. Go get a crew together, present yourself to the king and ask for a grant for an imperial expedition to find new spice trade routes. Then just hop on into your Caravel and set sail.

Are most of your non-asian tourists from USA?

didn't mean to reply oops

I'm going to Kyoto, is it worth making a trip to Osaka?

Osaka is much better than Kyoto.

Why? I thought all the old temples and stuff were in and around Kyoto? Is Osaka just a smaller Tokyo?

Osaka is nothing t bh if you go to Tokyo, just go down to Wakayama instead to see rural Japan

>Is Osaka just a smaller Tokyo?
yeah, with faint piss smell... Tokyo pretty much overshadows Osaka

No they should not
If you want to fuck Euro girls, come here yourself

Хэнбэ

Why does he look white?

Is this a Japan Love Thread?

Attached: C4rSNrHUoAAgBSz.jpg large.jpg (1200x900, 145K)

I'm going to visit Japan eventually. Like, next year or something.

Attached: 1536139144552.jpg (760x720, 215K)

How are Brazilian-Japanese regarded in Japan?

can I go with you, ni-chan?
I'd behave, promise

Attached: cute.jpg (720x958, 51K)

Why didnt the Portuguese help japan conquer korea? Hideyoshi offered to help spread christianity in korea if the Portuguese helped.

Me too

Hideyoshi went so far as to demand that Portugal in Macao bring a tribute to him, along with Taiwan, where there existed no practical government back then. he was senile late in life

Historians and researchers have found out that Hideyoshi knew what the Spanish and Portuguese Christian missionaries were doing in less developed regions around the globe, while treating Japan as a fair trade partner and a test bed for spreading Christianity across Asia at that time.

In other words he knew he wouldn't be able to achieve his ultimate goal (gaining dominance over China) if he let other aggressive colonialists in to his own game.

Yes

>conquer korea
Korea was thought to be just as a hallway to the vast continent so no one really desired to take the Korean peninsula itself btw.
It can't have been the purpose.

>Hideyoshi went so far as to demand that Portugal in Macao bring a tribute to him
what a dick, we were already paying the Ming tribute to be there...

Attached: nanban portuguese and brazilian.jpg (402x573, 77K)

>why yes i am a weeaboo how could you tell?

Attached: 1548349224799.jpg (900x1200, 223K)

Well at least you gave us black mercenaries. They were effective at fighting the japanese and was called 'crow demons'.

Attached: 90550971.1.jpg (640x798, 685K)

sorry i checked it again and it was a Spanish viceroy in Manila that Hideyoshi told to bring a tribute. it's just Hideyoshi told Goa to promote trade (´>ω∂`)
either way it was a huge dickmove 2bh

KEK, Hilarious. Also a question: What do europeans smell like to you? I was told Koreans and some Japanese don't even have glands anymore that produce body odour and I do know that black people smell wierd to me even when eating the same food.
So, how do we smell?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
>According to Fujita Midori, the first African people who came to Japan were Mozambican. They reached Japan in 1546 as shipmates or slaves who served Portuguese captain Jorge Alvarez
>When Yasuke was presented to Nobunaga he suspected his skin to be have been coloured with black ink, Nobunaga had him strip from the waist up and made him scrub his skin.
>It is likely that Yasuke could speak or was taught considerable Japanese, perhaps due to Valignano's efforts to ensure his missionaries adapted to the local culture better.[18] Nobunaga enjoyed talking with him (there is no indication that Nobunaga spoke Portuguese and it is unlikely that Yasuke would have been able to communicate in classical Chinese, the Asian lingua franca of the time).
>After the Battle of Tenmokuzan, Nobunaga led his force including Yasuke, and inspected the former territory of Takeda clan. On his way back, he met Tokugawa Ieyasu. Matsudaira Ietada, the retainer of Ieyasu described Yasuke as "6 shaku 2 sun (6 ft. 2 in., or 188 cm.). He was black, and his skin was like charcoal."

Attached: olha, o Alberto!.png (265x253, 72K)

Why does the Japanese man have Liam’s black basher?