Why do french, italians and germans hate hitchhikers? It's no fun going there unless you're rich enough to pay fines...

Why do french, italians and germans hate hitchhikers? It's no fun going there unless you're rich enough to pay fines. It only shows that being "western" is more autistic than fun

Attached: comrade-2280932_640.jpg (640x449, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/maps/place/46500 Padirac/@44.8515366,1.7220846,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x12acd74b88b4dba9:0x406f69c2f3fc3f0!8m2!3d44.841613!4d1.753443
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padirac_Cave?oldformat=true
youtube.com/watch?v=ubGjasm63Y0
chateaux-de-la-loire.fr/
youtu.be/5FB-QOn0YIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pay fines for what?
I hitchhiked all the time in Germany.
You have to look like a stinky freak for more than 3 cars to pass you.

no sane person would hitchhik, you dont wanna get killed by serial killers

i hitchhiked a patrol car in Rocamadour in France lmao

Im pretty sure its legal here

pic is me, do i look stinky?

okay, germany wasn't that bad as i think now, tho walking on the highway always ended up with a police car

Attached: IMG_021.jpg (1000x662, 72K)

I hitchiked successfully several times a week in highschool, was often passed by cop cars that didn't give a fuck, and my sister did a 450km hitchhiking trip through France

Sounds like you're just dumb OP

You don't hitch on the autobahn, dummy.
I did it about once a week, to and from night clubs sometimes at 0300.

Haven't seen them here since the 90's. Public transport got better I guess.

Not really.
Be a young girl in skimpy clothes, and see how many nice people will stop the car for you.

I remember a great hentai about a hitch hiker slut.

that's more like bitchhiking haha

most hitchhikers are smelly bums, fuck them

why can't they be cute asian boys? cute asian boys are always welcome in my car

wtf?
French cops thankfully let me get into their patrol car saying it's dangerous to walk on the road at night, even though i was just walking to Rocamadour Padirac, not even making my thumb up

it's dangerous because you can get ran over by a car if you walk on the side of the road
also you're a cute asian boy
we french people love cute asian boys

They'd rather deal with a walking tourist than a dead one under a car

did you eat rocamadour cheese?

i was walking on this road at night (like 11pm)
there was a herd of sheep and their eyes reflected my phone light i turned on because of darkness and it was so frightening

Attached: Screenshot_20190213-235421.png (1080x1920, 2.03M)

Also, Padirac.

Attached: Gouffre de Padirac.jpg (534x800, 184K)

i didn't, i ate only pseudo Pringles i purchased in Carrefour and Orangina wgile i was in France. next time i go to France i'd like to enrich my stomach with French food a bit more

Countryside road can either be really peaceful or the opposite, because people assume they are alone and drive like crazy
Also locals who know the roads perfectly and wing it at 100 k/ph don't expect people on the side

I remember you
Shame but I guess if you were walking on the side of the road at night you were too poor for cheese anyway

I've only seen a person hitchhike once in my life here. That was some crazy lady who ran up to cars at a red light and knocked on their windows. Nobody picked her up kek.

ah, actually it was so dark i couldn't see anything without car lights, so it must've been potentially dangerous like hell. like it was dark as my skin tanned with the Occitan sunlight.

Attached: Screenshot_20190213-235926.png (1080x1920, 259K)

Where is this??

yeah i was supposed to call taxi to Rocamadour from the nearest station but it costs fucking 20 euro so i decided to walk. it's also because i wanted to feel Occitania

in Padirac, like, litterally

google.fr/maps/place/46500 Padirac/@44.8515366,1.7220846,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x12acd74b88b4dba9:0x406f69c2f3fc3f0!8m2!3d44.841613!4d1.753443

Wow it looks great

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padirac_Cave?oldformat=true

didn't know there's such a thing in Padirac

Occitania doesn't exist, though. It's just a meme word invented to differenciate 2 broad branches of French dialects. As a geopolitical or cultural entity, it has never been a thing.

t. butthurt parisien

>2 broad branches of French dialects

No, one became French, the other one is not

oh well then let me rephrase it with the bucolic part of France in the Occitany Region

don't mind this pedantic retard, your use of occitania in this context is correct

Weird... I mean, Padirac is exclusively known for this. It's like going to the Kanamara Matsuri and not knowing about the dick festival.

Also, there are shitloads of awesome caves to visit in this part of France, as well as in Ardèche.

Attached: 1485770866-1466279425[1].jpg (1200x800, 126K)

Stop

Attached: d8hxh5z-4ca14b5d-69ea-4daf-b67e-f7265f5cdf84.png (1000x665, 47K)

j-je me remercie (`;ω;´)
oh well first i was planning to just visit Rocamadour and searching for the nearest station to it, and then i encountered the local name "Padirac" for the first time. so for me Padirac was just where i was going to pass in order to arrive at Rocamadour
>Kanamara matsuri
bite... i grabbed an enshrined big wooden cock in the shrine. i hope my bite will become a bit bigger

Attached: o0800053313385783343.jpg (800x533, 268K)

hurr durr herp derp, I'm a 100% pure bred Limousin, and I don't have a lot of thing to do with the Provençale culture, just as Auvergnats don't have with Landais. Just because the local languages of those areas have more in common than they had with oil doesn't make the whole area an homogen cultural and geopolitical entity. The continuum is certainly here, but the differences are real.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubGjasm63Y0

TRIGGERED PARISIAN
FREE OCCITANIA

You are just a victim that praises the agressor

FUCK HOLLAND I'M NOT A NOUVEAU AQUITAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg (365x304, 26K)

1. what are some less famous but good chateaux in the Loire Valley? i've already checked famous ones like Chambord, Chenonceau, Amboise, Anger, Azay-le-rideau, Blois and Villandry...
2. what are some other stuff to see in Loire other than seeing chateaux? seeing only chateaux would be a bit monotonous

omg i want to see Clos Luce too

chateaux-de-la-loire.fr/

what's your personal recommendation other than the aforementioned ones?

Attached: images.jpg (295x203, 16K)

Also, I guess there's a lot of tourism around wineyards. Vouvray, Coteaux du Layon, wines from the Val de Loire are quite famous. I always uy Vouvray wines for christmas and events, as they can be as good as Champagne, but are much cheaper.
There's certainly some stuff to do in Tours, Angers, Saumur too... Some waterways too.

Honnestly, I didn't visited a lot of stuff in this area. I mainly know Vendée and Poitou.

Attached: carte[1].png (971x456, 260K)

But both Vendée and Poitou are clearly not really part of the Loire Valley. However, in Poitou there's the Marais Poitevin, it's really a great stuff to visit. Basically, it's a maze-like "network" of waterways built by monks a long time ago that you can visit on small boats. It's very touristic though, so it's better to find a small boat company that will make you visit remote and less touristic waterways rather than the big crowded touristic ones. It's comfy as fuck.

Attached: Marais Poitevin.jpg (1000x750, 965K)

>wineyards
das truly based, I'm poor as a church mouse (only 1k euro in my bank account) but i'd like to moisten my throat with eau de vie instead of normal eau at least while in France, no matter how cheap it is. plus baguette and cheeze, those are enough. hopefully gigot too
>Vendée

Attached: o0386060013963786236.jpg (386x600, 85K)

Attached: marais-poitevin-OT-paysdefontenay[1].jpg (1200x627, 209K)

>But both Vendée and Poitou are clearly not really part of the Loire Valley.
yeah they are both around the mouth of the Loire River
>Marais Poitevin
ah this is unironically based af, this is so fucking based. wtf is this? ok this is must. i think i can't afford to pay fare to let myself get on the boat, tho
>It's very touristic though, so it's better to find a small boat company that will make you visit remote and less touristic waterways rather than the big crowded touristic ones. It's comfy as fuck.
got it, 2bh i'd rather bring some boat myself and float there on my own
>waterway
so this does have historic significance, i think it'd be nice to cycle along it

Attached: 1280px-MaraisPoitevin.jpg (1280x978, 437K)

In Poitou there's also the Futuroscope. It's some high technology themepark that focus on image/cinema techs. There's a lot of massive screens, 360 screens, spheric screens, 3D stuff, moving seats, presenting all the new technologies in the domain. Touristic as fuck, you have to go here from very early in the morning if you want to see enough stuff, because there's a lot to do.

But well, Poitou is not the Loire Valley anymore...

Attached: achblog.com-Parcs-d-attractions---Futuroscope-144570[1].jpg (1440x900, 456K)

In Vendée, you can visit the Tiffauges castle, former castle of Gilles de Rais, who I think is well known in Japan, as he's often linked with Joan of Arc.

Attached: det_hs_chateaux_13_tiffauges_aerienne_david_fugere[1].jpg (900x600, 485K)

Between Vendée and Poitou, there's Parthenay where you can visit a very old district. I ate in a restaurant set in a 1000 years old building there. The guy was a medieval fan and he was buying armor in ebay to use as decor in his restaurant.

Attached: ob_4d4de8_quartier-st-jacques-just[1].jpg (550x413, 50K)

oh, this is where that blue beard former castle of Gilles de Rais
i read that tale written by Perrault. the depiction where killed women are hanged from the ceiling traumatized me. fucking pervert. ok then i'll stretch my travel range to vandee too.

Attached: kooool.jpg (500x279, 16K)

>oh, this is where that blue beard former castle of Gilles de Rais
*oh this is where that Blue Beard lived

Vendée is OK, but I heavily suggest you avoid the west coast in summer, especially places like Sables d'Olonne, La Tranche sur Mer or Saint Gilles, those are touristic hellholes akin to the mediterranean coast.

Attached: lr20_2389354_2_px_640_[1].jpg (640x429, 127K)

oh nvmd, i'm not the kind of tourist who flocks to beaches anyways. hopefully i'd like to avoid the high season but in summer i can walk around much longer

Biggest thing to visit in Vendée is Le Puy du Fou. It's some sort of "theme park" based on the history of Vendée. They have extremely impressive stuff, and they make like-action stories about some part of the local history, like 100 years war, viking invasion, war of Vendée... It's heavily romanced though, and as the place is heavily christian conservative, you can really feel it in the stuff they do (it's mostly about Christian fighting invaders or being persecuted).
The place has been heavily promoted by a famous heavy catholic conservative politician (Philippe de Villiers), who ironically got sued by his brother for rape.

The stunts and action they do here is impressive. And there's the Cinéscénie during summer, where several thousands of people are reproducing the history of Vendée.

Attached: 7012947_cinescenie15-a7843125947-original_1000x625[1].jpg (1000x625, 401K)

>Le Puy du Fou
ok this seems quite interesting, i'd deffo visit and see it in honor to Jacques Cathelineau. i think there are some other stuff about Vendee War, so i'd like to see them. also it's pretty close to La Rochelle, have you been there? i want to see some stuff about the siege

Attached: Siege_of_La_Rochelle_1881_Henri_Motte_1846_1922.jpg (1280x754, 156K)

La Rochelle is great. The 2 main stuff to visit here are the Vieux Port and the surrounding stuff, and the aquarium. I remember seeing some Japanese tourists there as well, which surprised me as you don't generally see them outside Paris, Mont Saint Michel and Chamonix. The aquarium is absolutely great, I think it's the biggest one in France, and one of the biggest in Europe.

You can find a lot of stuff about the colonization era too, as it was one of the main port for settlers who went to Canada.

Attached: 1d0a6408b7d45804615205751cdaf46c[1].jpg (2160x1440, 898K)

And there's, of course, the Fort Boyard.

Attached: la-rochelle-les-tournages-de-l-emission-fort-boyard-commencent-ce-lundi[1].jpg (680x425, 33K)

probably they were protestants who made pilgrimage to pay condolences to the martyrs...
>You can find a lot of stuff about the colonization era too, as it was one of the main port for settlers who went to Canada.
das great, there must be a statue of Champlain.

whereabouts are you from?

Attached: Samuel_de_champlain.jpg (497x513, 78K)

>Fort Boyard.
OMG this is that fortress appearing in les Adventuriers, which is my favorite French film!!!

Attached: photo_15.jpg (1200x769, 50K)

youtu.be/5FB-QOn0YIU

Attached: 1549974833198.gif (300x367, 162K)

Lol, once I had to walk next to the Autobahn to get to a motorway stop so whenever I saw a police car I'd just hide behind something

I'm the guy from Limousin from this post. But I have family in Vendée so I know the place too, and the area in between, so Poitou, Charente, Deux-Sèvres. Also, someone in my family owns a house in Royan (just south of La Rochelle) so I know this place a bit too.

Not too far away from La Rochelle, there's also Rochefort that is a great place to visit too. You can find a former royal arsenal, and the former Royal ropemaking factory (to make ropes for vessels like frigates, gallions, etc...). There's a big museum too.

Attached: rochefort-ocean-rochefort-arsenal-corderie-royale7[1].jpg (2000x720, 188K)

I hate hitchhikers as well. It should be legal to run you over, road hobo vermin.

In Rochefort there's also the Hermione. It's the replica of one of the Royal frigates that sailed to the USA with La Fayette, rebuilt by an association thanks to crowdfunding according to the original plans. It's sailing here and there though, so it's not always in Rochefort.

Attached: IMG_4535[1].jpg (750x300, 48K)

rochefort is okay to visit for it's historical side but except that it's shit
t.live in La Rochelle

If you're into the colonization stuff, there also the Brouage Citadel near Rochefort. Lots of settlers departed to Canada from there (centuries ago the ocean was not so far from the citadel). It's said Champlain was born here, and there's plenty of stuff related with Canada, Québec and the colonization here. And the Vauban fortifications are just great by themselves.

Attached: Brouage-Citadelle[1].jpg (3695x2514, 3.43M)

>Limousin
oh, porcelaine de Limoges...
i see, so Rochefort has a lot to see for légitimistes...
je vois, department of Challant is worthy of seeing too. it's kinda like Lisbon of France in that ships to the new world all left the port of the department.

fugg i really can't see all of stuff in France, there are too many to see even in one department!!! Vauban fortification is also a thing i've wanted to see

Attached: 1549950755046.gif (150x150, 47K)

Well, I know. It's just one of those countless places in France with some nice historical stuff to see as a tourist, but that is shit and uninterresting as a place where to live.
It's weird following the Tour de France threads on /sp/ every summers. So many people are somehow jealous and say how they'd want to live in those tiny cities and villages that appears super comfy from helicopter views on a bright sunny day, without realizing that there's absolutely nothing there and those place are litterally dying with every economic activity moving away, followed by young people, only letting old guys to die and family houses where people come back once per year in summer or for christmas.

It's not the number one touristic country in the world for nothing (even if the number are a bit biased). The best part of the country is the south west quarter (Languedoc, Aquitaine, Poitou, I'll add Limousin too because I'm biased but there's less famous and spectacular things to see here - there's some real stuff though). It has the best mix of weather, cultural and natural landmarks, best food culture, not as crowded as the rest if you avoid the sea resorts...

I hitchike when i have to leave my city, and i rarely wait more than 10 minutes.