What do French people think of him?

what do French people think of him?

Attached: Charles-de-Gaulle-1944.jpg (1511x1960, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n50lSj2Rlkg&t=52s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's greater than Jesus

Based during WWII but cringe after

>No you can't just tell America to fuck off!

Attached: SojaBoi.png (1159x665, 231K)

kepi hat is the best hat

Attached: 6892142cz.jpg (176x176, 15K)

How could he?! Did you forget what we did for you in indochina ;_;

literally nothing thats what you did, if you did anything you would not even be in vietnam

He's very loved here

Attached: 5995964549.png (778x531, 184K)

We sent you helmets, jeeps, bombers, etc etc.

and Rena is the best girl

Attached: Andou wounded.png (2048x1448, 1.67M)

>tfw i know all of them
yey

who do you think is the greatest French? for me it's Napoleon

Attached: 6895782i.jpg (420x600, 46K)

Based but Bluepilled

they literally paid 80% of the whole operation in the late stages of the indochina war because we were too broke from WW2

Depardieu of course

Attached: Depardieuthumbsup.jpg (880x548, 96K)

typical reply of a deadbeat

outstandingly based and absolutely french is probably the consensus

2nd richest country when he was president, everything collapsed when he left and not only the economy...

Attached: gdp.png (915x561, 77K)

Vastly overrated. The far right likes him because he wanted France to be equal to America and the USSR. He was a bit like Putin today who wants Russia to be equal to America while Russia is a minor nation compared to America.

t. amerishart

he was a big guy

t. SLAVA RUSSYA PUTIN URAAAAAAAAAA

mon panache!

Attached: cyranodebergerac1.jpg (1200x762, 177K)

he was a pretty good geopolitics but he sucked at everything else, he would have make a great foreign minister

the problem is that his successors are so terrible that it mades de gaulle looks like a god compared to them
imagine being this stupid, the far right always hated him, remember algeria and the OAS

>If you defend your sovereignty and don't want to be a vassal of the US, then you are bad.

Attached: 1.jpg (284x178, 9K)

Based Japanese
Have you seen the count of Monte Cristo ?

Attached: le-comte-de-monte-cristo.jpg (690x385, 20K)

i haven't, shamefully enough

Attached: images (1).png (300x360, 11K)

What did he even do but lose France to Germany? This is coping on another level. You French really love a comeback story, even though in the end it was us who came on your back.

The savior of France, the eternal father of our great country, the one who made us for a brief time into a superpower. Charles de Gaulle is the greatest french hero of modern times, and probably dwells in the skies with the likes of Napoleon and Charlemagne. You cannot begin to imagine how intelligent, brave and honorable this man was. He was a warrior, a leader, one of the most admirable men to have ever lived. He justly recognized France's timeless supremacy in culture, the arts, war and understood how right our country was to stand at the center of the world.

Even the brightest hero of today or tomorrow will look up to him. A good man can only aspire to be a tenth of what de Gaulle was.

based

triggered Canada

??

Attached: 1526852612377.jpg (1000x1000, 55K)

>Vive le Quebec libre
A gigantic faggot like all French "people"

My mistake I thought we liberated you. Feel free to rewrite history though.

Maybe you already know the story so it is fine

Attached: Pepe Hug.png (168x115, 4K)

France should have been partitioned.

how do the French see the '68 movement now?

He was based, sovereignty and independence really mattered to him.

Shut the fuck up you dumb mutt.

>He was based, sovereignty and independence really mattered to him.
Funny cause you have neither

how did he lose france to germany..?

Lose?

Attached: image.jpg (550x550, 52K)

>sovereignty and independence matter to him
>this mad St. Macron

Playing into our hands.

no i mean, i don't get what you're talking about
for some reason americans think we believe we liberated ourselves
that's just the propaganda of the early 4th republic
and what do you mean de gaulle lost france to germany? do you even know what he was doing back then?

>be some sailor
>gets betrayed
>gets rich
>gets even with those traitors
that's all i know

Attached: 1548909473408.jpg (400x400, 16K)

EU. France was supposed to the big boy and the Germany their little bitch

Canada is the america's lapdog, like australia.

He was oftentimes very controversial during his time but looking back he was pretty much right about anything.

He's pure cringe
Now this guy is pure based

And you aren't? Come on political posturing means nothing. All you Europeans are all bark and no bite.

Basically that's it

Attached: 1548766499897s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

You're just another low IQ burger, nobody here is saying he "liberated France", stop embarassing yourself

Une putain de feuille bordel

No I don’t know what he was doing. I assumed he was France’s president during WWII or something. That alone says how important he was.

What did he accomplish? I’ll learn.

what's your recommendation of drama? i read Cyrano and it was ebin

Attached: 1549599153985.jpg (1136x640, 85K)

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Why is he a God then? Explain why he’s such a badass to a foreigner.

"It's a very good thing that there are yellow French people, black French people and brown French people. It's a sign that France is open to all races and that it has a universal vocation. But on condition they stay a minority. If not, France wouldn't be France anymore. After all, we are an European people from white race, Greek and Latin culture, and Christian religion. Try to mix oil and vinegar together. Shake the bottle. After a while, they get separated again. The Arabs are the Arabs, the French are the French. Do you believe that the French nation is able to integrate ten million Muslims who shall be twenty million tomorrow and forty million the day after? If we integrated them, if all the Arabs and Berbers were considered French, how could we prevent them from moving to our home country where the standard of living is so much higher? My village wouldn't be named Colombey-les-Deux-Églises (Colombey of the Two Churches) anymore, but Colombey-les-Deux-Mosquées (Colombey of the Two Mosques)!" -Degaulle

Kind of redpilled IMO.

>he was France’s president during WWII or something. That alone says how important he was.
you are kidding right

Americans unironically don't know that millions of Free French soldiers fought as part of the allied troops during the liberation of Europe, lol.

This is hilarious considering the state of France today.

Ching chang chong lao mai

Jesus, masturbate or fuck off, but calm down, I can almost feel your anal pain

1968 was a fucking mistake.

God, i hate the boomers.

Still waiting on an answer

Les Misérables and Notre-Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo, the most famous

he was talking about the harkis, the funny thing is he always refused to allow them to settle in france because he never considered them frenchs, but a few years later he started the first immigration wave from algeria

Ooga Booga bix nood

of course we know they existed, a percentage of the m4 shermans shipped to the front were for the frogs to use

>amerishart education
Get out of here lmao what a fucking retard

aren't you old enough to have a Japanese wife and you still don't know shit about historical common sense?

Attached: 1550014821311.jpg (431x468, 83K)

oh yeah ofc i read les miserables, but Notre-dame de Paris not yet. ok i'll try it

Attached: 193898828000202.gif (500x478, 101K)

Shhhh just let it happen.

But no, seriously guys. In the grand scheme of human events, why is Charlle Du Gualle a God in the French people’s eyes? I do not understand. But I’m willing to lean.

Good reading user
I didn't know Japanese people actually liked old french literature

Attached: 1548007648370s.jpg (250x228, 8K)

because fuck mutt?
i read les miserables when i was very young and 2bh it kinda shaped my personality

Napoleon is probably the best, but I will say Charles Martel just to be different

Attached: Andou sings.png (1280x720, 802K)

Based

Attached: 20190211_203107.jpg (712x712, 144K)

>I assumed he was France’s president during WWII or something
lol, no
He wasn't much relevant during the battle of france
He was temporarily made brigadier general during the war and later employed as undersecretary in the department of defence, 10 days before the surrender
He ended up the only official of the last legitimate government that wasn't either under Pétain or has been arrested
He then led the free french forces and the resistance inside the country from the UK

THEN he was president of the provisional government from 1944 to 46, then president of the 5th republic (that he created) between 1959 to 69

Ok ok, you don’t seem to understand. People of that respective level of praise are like, Andrew Jackson, Chiang Kai-Shek, Lawrence of Arabia and shit. What did he do? I’m just confused as to why the French suck his eggs like it’d make an omelette.

or read the fucking wikipedia article, holy shit

I see that, my dear ouiaboo
May the blessing of Macron be upon you

Attached: Macronprojet.jpg (289x175, 7K)

Thanks, finally.

Already did cunt but I want to hear your average French person speak about it, not read about from a dusty tome. It’s not the same.

Napoleon III was based too but he didn't end well

Attached: NapoleonIII.jpg (201x251, 7K)

looking it now he was absolutely right for not letting U*K into EU we didnt listen now here we are

please kill yourself, from the bottom of my heart

Absolutely shit-tier

Disgusting traitor that fled during WW2
Was ok with bombing civilians like *nglo scum
Had kikes on his dumb radio shitting on the French that were not coward runaways
Then allied with commies at the end of the war, acted as if he was the masterind behind the "Liberation" (he sat his ass on a chair during 4 years speaking to a mic for that time, LOL)
Then let commies kill like 100k people because commie niggers are commies
Then let sandnigger commies get a grasp on Algeria, leading to their independance and to them massacring the maghrebis (sandniggers too, but loyal ones) that fought for France
Then got pushed by the youth in 68

What a disgrace of a man this leader was.

Attached: Bardèche.jpg (225x319, 21K)

he's mostly remembered as the leader of the free french forces (and resistance) and the creator of the 5th republic

*snap*

>Bardèche

*snap* *snap*

La resistance. Yeah. That’s why.

cringe

Attached: 220px-Pétain_-_Portrait_photographique_1941.jpg (220x336, 22K)

In the BASED compilation it goes.

Should have been shot

Should have been shot

Look at this german whore

he's cool too
yeah like i said he kicked your mutt ass and played a significant role in setting up the eu which is breakwater against your country and made the country revolve around France? based af
je me remercie

you can't denied the true leader of the France

youtube.com/watch?v=n50lSj2Rlkg&t=52s

Attached: Petain.jpg (900x750, 130K)

Attached: 1549835261914.jpg (500x466, 114K)

>made the country revolve around France?
*made the organization

>didn't end well
that's an understatement...

Attached: Napoleon III.png (495x636, 469K)

Still better than anglo scum.

Attached: colabot.jpg (728x694, 43K)

Look at this anglo whore