Humans don't even have resources enough in Earth to make cool Cyberpunk cities

>Humans don't even have resources enough in Earth to make cool Cyberpunk cities
Tfw i will never be cool cyberpunk character as grandpa

Attached: 1_kkvMTSu1OYpMuDBIYffIKw.jpg (1600x720, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=redlketVxn4
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Coruscant
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> LED and computers all over the place
honestly, this isn't too far away

We can get the resources from asteroids. Countries that are investing in space tech now will be the winners of the space mineral rush in the future.

I think he meant the megacities

We don't even have the population to inhabit such cities (at least not in europe)

and thats a good thing

youtube.com/watch?v=redlketVxn4

According to Wookipedia, Coruscant has over 1 trillion inhabitants, which is roughly 133 1/3 more than we currently have on earth lmao. I guess most people wouldn't want to live in such a city

Coruscant is the size of our moon
also coruscant got destroyed in force awakens

Also it doesn't exist

Hmm according the this starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Coruscant
Both Earth and Coruscant are roughly the same size. I have only partially watched TFA ( i fell asleep) and haven't really watched the new movies so I can't judge that

Republic Capital was moved to some not-coruscant substitute, so disney could spare it for later nostalgia exploitation

Cyberpunk is not steampunk. Cyberpunk is a genre that is not defined by its aesthetics. The essence behind cyberpunk can be boiled down to the idea of 'high tech, low life'. Holograms and neon lights don't necessarily make something cyberpunk which are basically hollow and perverting aesthetizations of the genre. The unbearable chasm between the incredible technological advances and the most alienated living conditions of the humans employing them makes something cyberpunk. The disappointing and pessimistic realization that technology did not bring the promised rapture to humanity's ills but instead enforced and exasperated them(pollution, crime, corruption, inequality, poverty, exploitation, alienation, etc.). Dubai is cyberpunk, so is Singapore. Walking through these cities with the world's most modern skyscrapers build by literal slave laborers living in slums is quintessentially cyberpunk. Not fucking neon signs.

but neon signs would look cyberpunk as shit

Attached: DMr53e9XUAAs_0w(2).jpg (1200x942, 290K)

You're right though.

Attached: 3500.jpg (700x420, 76K)

>The essence behind cyberpunk can be boiled down to the idea of 'high tech, low life'.
That shit right there. We're living in the cyberpunk.

slums next to skyscrapers in a world where internet and smartphones exist is more cyberpunk than any neon light.

Attached: 20ebcb78e6e95e5aa8fb7fd36821756c.jpg (1280x855, 283K)

Van has gone soft cyberpunk. Asians everywhere with a mix of skyscrapers and ghettos on the east side. Always raining. Nothing like rolling into the neon lit pho joint at 2am with your semiatonomous car in shit weather. Even some underground rave scenes where people are larping but that's pretty cringe desu.

I would

An ecumenopolis would be absolute hell for anyone unfortunate enough to live near the ground. The body heat alone from that many people living together would be a problem.

Yeah I would aswell