Do other languages do this shit?

Do other languages do this shit?

Attached: Adjective Order.jpg (624x523, 52K)

I've seen native speakers fuck up adjective order, and it's hard to have a sentence with so many adjectives where you'd have problems with this.

I've also seen sources contradicting themselves on the supposed adjective order for English. Me, I use Cambridge's one as that seems to be accurate and the most agreed upon.

AS FOR YOUR QUESTION - I don't think/know if there's an adjective order in Portuguese. Adjectives are just thrown in whatever order you want in speech here.

huh, never really thought about adjective order
a green great dragon sounds really weird and ESL
>other languages
well in highly declined languages you can put adjectives before or after the noun and other stuff, and in some Germanic languages like Old English there's both strong and weak declension for different scenarios which gives you even more freedom because you always know the adjective's noun/purpose.
so I assume they care about adjective order less but idk.

Attached: good.png (398x539, 69K)

Yes

That's not true though

basically the entire Hungarian language tb.h

Fat old retard
Old fat retard

Both are 100% fine

>Fat old retard
sounds like one thought
>old fat retard
sounds like you said old, then decided you wanted to say fat too

Wrong

If you want to emphasize old you put it first
If you want to emphasize fat you put it first

Both are 100% fine

Simple as

t. fucking uruk hai
magyar is beyond mortal comprehension

>a green great dragon sounds really weird and ESL
That's the point, compare that to great green dragon

>ompare that to great green dragon
Well technically, it can be grammatically correct, if you’re talking about a great green-dragon/greendragon
A greendragon that’s great if you will

Woops, meant to say green great-dragon
I messed up, but my point still stands

the it's specifically talking about the species greendragon. but not a great dragon that is green im color

What you don't do this?

I don't know, I don't think we do. I'm trying examples in my head and it all sounds good to me. Then again, my word order is all messed up even for a language that has a bit freer word order structure.

Black big cock

we are uruk as well, I didn't imply otherwise

isn't turkish agglutinative too ?

Yeah boi
t. polysynthetic feather language

First sounds a lot better

Second one definitely sounds less natural.

how about if you read the latter as a compound?
>the old fatretard
It’s a adjective-noun compound written as a single entity
If you read it like that, it makes sense
English is a germanic language, virtually all germanic langs can compound and quite literally create new words all the time. Why not English?

I'm wondering if any other language has commas which are so important.

For example a girl on Bumble last weekend asked me what I was doing. I replied
"eating you?"

She called me over to fuck. In reality, I was just eating and asking what she was doing (Eating, you?)

There's also an exception for vowel sounds within words when using these multiple descriptors. It follows a "tic-tac-toe" pattern. E.g. you might call someone big fat Bob, never fat big Bob.

yes, it's retarded

In french there is no such thing, you can even change the order of the noun and adjective and it's still a valid sentence in most cases.

It's something that amazes me with English, sometimes I see compound words, but they make perfect sense and aren't intrinsically wrong, they "just work"
You cannot do that in French, I love English

It doesn't always work, and in most cases it's seen tryhardish, eg someone with a really bad prose wanting to sound like a true poet

I was learning spanish and usually they use noun-adjective but sometimes they switch to adjective-noun like in English and I have no idea why

Attached: 1538919286747.jpg (421x421, 57K)

that didn't happen you faggot

no

(OP)
Green great dragons can exist, you just have to stress a different part of the sentence which would then imply it's a 'great dragon' which is distinct from a 'dragon' that happens to be large.

[great] [green dragon] vs. [green] [great dragon]

you could have [red] [great dragons] or you could have [little] [green dragons].

if you're going to parse them all as individual words then you could have [little] [red] [dragon] and yes [green] [great] [dragon] would sound strange when read aloud, but if it's clear that [great dragon] is a unit by reducing unstressed vowels or putting emphasis on green then there's no reason green great dragon isn't a perfectly cromulent phrasing.

stupid fucking mongs on twitter.

seethe

The dragon thing is retarded because it doesn't take into account that "Great Dragon" may be a proper noun.

Take Shadowrun, in which Great is a specific subclass of dragon. Lofwyr, arguably the most important dragon in the setting, is a Great Dragon with gold scales. Thus - gold great dragon.

I'm not sure that's totally true. Size MUST come before color and purpose MUST come last. but Origin and Material can be interchanged as long as you don't mention a color. Opinion MUST come first, but age and size can be interchanged. shape MUST come after Opinion, Size and Age, but it can be placed almost anywhere after them.

like "the retarded superintendent'

u sound mad

Faggoty fat old pear-shaped swarthy mutt starchy dick-sucking OP

The ‘super-retarded intendent' sounds better and more fluent tho

>absolutely

Attached: 547359-gettyimages-2629627.jpg?itok=WZpCnzZL&resize=1100x1100.jpg (1100x620, 32K)

I don't get it, it's like when people put an emphasis on someone, as in "Donald fucking Trump" ?

Is it really that easy?

In Spanish, the green great dragon sounds awful

And dragon green great can't exist neither

This is literally just a matter of emphasis though.
Anglos are so dumb they can't even speak their own language.

gay big old square red Nigerian plastic spinning knife
gay old big square red Nigerian spinning plastic knife
big gay old square Nigerian red plastic spinning knife
old gay big Nigerian plastic spinning red knife

How does a Turk call someone an Uruk Hai?

Just a play on words

find me one language where you can say words in whatever order u want

Germans mog the shit out of us with compounding, wish we did it instead of adopting non-English terms

yeah I think OP has a point
reading these back it sounded okay when I typed them but first only really seems like it sounds correct

turkish language is absolutely BASED, fuck off

sup

Ironically I hope

Classical Latin

No it’s a play on “superintendent”, super-retarded being more provocative than retarded and intense the being a rare job title compared to ‘superintendent’.

second one is just as fine, 100&

If you’re tall and good looking, yes. But that story was made up

Why do I get the feeling this is BS or only right on a technicality? Like most of these

Strict modifier order? Yes. Japanese is quite anal with that too, and in German it's important albeit not as much as in English (you're still allowed to shuffle stuff for evidence).

Romance languages are considerably freer in this aspect. I can say

>o cachorro preto grande [the.M dog black.M large]
>o cachorro grande preto [the.M dog large black.M]

and both sound grammatical. I can even put "grande" before the subject, but there's a noticeable change of meaning (from "large" to "grandiose").

>Classical Latin [allows you to say words in whatever order you want]

Not quite.

Latin might not restrict you grammatically, but it does restrict you pragmatically, whatever you put first works as topic (the theme of the sentence, what you're talking about) and the rest works as a comment (new info being brought to your speaker). For example:

>canis puerum mordet [dog.NOM boy.ACC bites]
"The dog bites the boy." We were chatting about that dog, and then you mention he's biting the boy.

>puerum canis mordet [boy.ACC dog.NOM bites]
"The dog bites the boy". Since we're talking about the boy, did you know he's being bitten by a dog right now?

>mordet puerum canis [bites boy.ACC dog.NOM]
"The dog bites the boy". I bite apples, a cat bites the bird, and since we're talking about biting that dog is biting the boy right now.

So there are rules behind the word order, that make it play a bit like the articles and the passive voice in e.g. English or Spanish. You can't simply throw any word order you want.

Orcish is literally based on turkish.

interesting

soon as you say it out loud the latter 3 sentences just lose all meaning, while reading them is more or less fine

What if it was a green greatdragon. Now theres no problem.