@Latin American anons

I read in Wikipedia that you guys' countries have among the highest rates of violence and crime. Have any of you guys ever personally witnessed violence, like have you seen a gang fight or anything like that? Because I want to know how much a fact about a country can be clearly visible to a upper/middle-class citizen. For example, I'm not gonna lie, I have seen people shitting in the open quite a few times. Is the fact that your country suffers a lot of violent crime really clearly visible to you?

Attached: 800px-Latin_America_(orthographic_projection).svg.png (800x800, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sC3lOYPOSqI&t=18m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=LEeunATic-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are two Brazils. Before 2019 and after 2019

I've never seen so many criminals afraid in my life :)

Ask this in /lat/ in a few hours,the violence is concentrated in central america and brazil,and some parts of colombia .
And what do you say don't apply to Chile anyway

I've been mugged several times when I was a teen and back then I also knew someone who was murdered by burglars, but in this last decade my city has become a lot safer and I haven't been truly afraid outside since ~2011-ish.

Brazil is a big country
I never saw someone getting killed or something like that

Most robbers are from Chile desu

Why is that

Chile, Argentina and Uruguay concentrate most robbery per capita desu

proofs

Because crime fast drop happening in the whole country. Days and days without homicides in very violent cities. Bolsonaro happened

My city is relatively safe actually.
5 people were killed in a city of almost 200.000 last year. For Brazilian standards, that's fucking nothing.

I feel safe in my city, even at night. I wouldn't feel so safe in the capital city or in the orange areas though.

Attached: file.png (406x506, 114K)

Spics

Attached: chart-of-recorded-robberiesxls1.jpg (1584x1224, 201K)

And no...I've never seen people getting robbed/killed, gangs fighting each other but I've seen a lot of people getting arrested for smoking pot or selling drugs.

>Spain and Chile have more crime than fucking South Africa
Methodology is 100% bullshit, countries must track these things in completely different ways.

Why do you believe spics are peaceful? We all have the same shit laws

Attached: nhsb7qv4.png (2029x1326, 308K)

Just because they don't kill it doesn't mean they don't rob. Just look at European gypsies.

I've never been robbed or anything but I live in the south of the country. Walking in some parts of Cordoba or Buenos Aires at night was some scary shit for me although nothing happened either

It's more peaceful than Brazil.

So go to these robbering shitholes then. No one will miss you

No, I'm this guy

Even in northern africa and war torn middle east places there are huge groups of people who live regular lives and dont witness violence and crime. The world is big and we just get the bad news fed straight into our brains everyday. Im a chicagofag living on the southside and i havnt had anything bad happen to me or my family, or even witnessed crime besides people taking drugs on the street. The media makes chicago sound like a warzone but the violence is completely gang on gang, which is hidden for most. 95% of black people here are just normal families, lots of them live in gang areas so they see and report it, but most arent involved personally. I imagine brazil and mexico and stuff is the same thing.

ive been to both SA and india and I honestly felt safer in SA than India.

I've always been very cautios and so far nobody has stolen from me directly. The only thing close to violence I experienced was when some drunk retard got violent after not giving him spare. I just walked away. Jus one have ha have some common sense like don't be out alone in the dark and don't use any luxuries or fancy clothes.

>afraid

Call us when they are actually in jail because you know, if there is little or no change at all, the fear will fade off very quickly

It's because our culture is more similar to yours.
India is a different world and I bet you received a lot of attention in India for being (I assume) white.

A nova era començou

Why is Argentine Spanish always different to “normal” Spanish or Mexican Spanish? I read and write decent Spanish but Argentine spanish is always hard to comprehend.

>watch Ronaldo or Ramos’s post game interview, can understand a fair bit
>read Fresh Mexican Animu memes, can understand a decent amount
>listen to Lionel Messi speak, ????????????

I have never seen a cartel shooting or some crime related shooting in my life

Too much Italian influence.

They replace Y/LL sound with "sh" and they use the pronoun "vos" instead of "tú"

>este libro es tuyo
>este libro es de vos

>tú tienes el libro
>vos tenés el libro

I am Peruvian, Ive been mugged 3 times at knife point, botj times were late at night after getting out of public transportation, peru is the country with the most petty crime statistics, yet is right above chile and Argentina in homicide rates, its weird to think that while crime is going up and we are developing a criminality crisis our homicide/blood crime/rape statistics are going down. I don't know if it is because our criminals are pussies who wont do shit if you resist or if it is because we have developed a Culture where everyone simply submits to them, but people here don't feel about their lives, just about their belongings

Mucha Gracias, amigos

They speak the rioplatense variant which is found in paraguay, argentina and uruguay, some people like the paisas from colombia and the llaneros in venezuela also use "vos" but no checheo

>which is found in paraguay
yes, but unlike them we do know how to pronounce LL

Attached: images.gif (500x192, 844K)

perhaps his regional hillbilly accent is throwing you off. aside from that, he does sound like a bit of a retard
>>este libro es de vos
not a thing, we say "tuyo" too
>checheo
what's this?

anyways since i'm here
>Have you ever personally witnessed violence, like have you seen a gang fight or anything like that?
no, because i don't live in a danger zone
is right too (amazing for an unitedstatian poster)

Aspiración de la sibilante

I was in panama and i had no troubles. Just use common sens and dont go into that dangerous looking street by night.

.....??
qué tiene que ver eso con decir "cuando shueve shanina lava su cabesho con shampú"??

Never seen any mugging/killing irl, btw l have no social interactions with normies

What you say reminds me of General Alcazar for some reason.

Messi does have autism but calling him a retard is a bit too far lel

Attached: 72CCC565-C420-443A-9244-F92F7A200B1B.jpg (266x402, 31K)

I only ever saw a girl getting mugged by some dude while riding a bus when I was 15 or something. The driver stopped and people got off to chase the guy away who ran away. I think the girl didn't get anything stolen and a passerby woman offered to drive her home.
But that's about it.

This.

Could be applicated in anywhere

that isn't called checheo
alcázar would probably have a caribbean accent

Not really, I live on one of the darker red States on a very "middle-class" part of town, and I've never seen that much violence. I have heard gunshots at night like at 1 AM but busses stop by that time, so i have no business out at that hour. I think mostly gang memebers are murdered. I've only been robbed twice in Mexico City, though.

Attached: 1544686797135.png (800x500, 1.16M)

on the cartoon he spoke in spanglish, so we'll never know
youtube.com/watch?v=sC3lOYPOSqI&t=18m40s

>Latino Chad emasculated by overweight, American hag
Hergé was ahead of his time.

Never witnessed anything myself and I literally live in like the 5th most violent city in the world.

What do we learn from this thread:

If you don't live in the slums, you're relatively safe in Latin America.

>relatively safe
you still get conned off your dinero by politicians
but that's non-violent crime yep

Our most violent city has fewers murders per capita than Fresno, California

I saw a traffic fight once, a violent one... Between a manlet and a young guy, but I decided to keep walking so idk what happened after

This applies for most if not all of the world.

Repeat after me:
Taxation is theft

Why are you learning Spanish, fren?

Seréis maricones todos, un hilo sobre hispanoamérica y todo el mundo hablando el idioma del enemigo anglo. Id a cagar a la vía, desgraciaos.

Cállese ok gracias

I'm sure there are people in Democratic Republic of Congo or Nigeria who've never seen any crime or shady activity, or people in Liechtenstein who've witnessed or first hand experienced robbery or been threatened at gunpoint.
Point is anecdotal evidence means shit, gross numbers don't lie, if your country has certain % of insecurity then you're exactly that statistically vulnerable to being kidnapped or murdered in cold blood for a pair of sneakers.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEeunATic-4

Why do brazilian police even care about potheads?

Because weed is for degenerates

Arresting isn't enough. Potheads should get the death penalty.

Pretty useful to learn a language other than English. Spanish was pretty much the easiest option.
Meme answer would be to harass latinas too now jej

>Our most violent city has fewers murders per capita than Fresno, California
Fresno is full of beaners.

Not our fault you wanted California.

Yes.
When I still lived in a town, I heard the exact moment when a type's life was terminated by another man.
It was 2:00 am when, 20 meters away from my house, someone shot dead a drug addict. Then, the killer passed running by my house.
If I hadn't turned the lights off the moment I heard the gunshots, they would have killed me too later on, probably

i have been kidnapped

I killed someone but he deserved it

at least they let you use the internet

Based

Lmao

I know of people who have been robbed. They all live in poorer areas and it always happened to them at late hours in sketchy places. I have never been a victim of violence, but I once saw from my car a guy snatching a gun from a security guard and running away. I called the police as soon as I could.

haha é o mito xddddd guns for everyone lmao let the jews in they should be good the criminals are probably in jail and we aren't having a war with the ones that fled last month I think é a nova era xddd

>hello, carabineros de chile,i have been robbed
>We are on the case, you are not getting anything back, but it's registered into the system

>hello, Monkeypolice, i have been robbed
>huehhuehuehuehue

>We are on the case, you are not getting anything back, but it's registered into the system
But that's everywhere in the world. You can register it online even.

One mexican from /lat/ say an homicide last year in front of his apartment

Honestly, Brazil and Mexico account of like 2/3 of that. Then there's central america, colombia and Venezuela, the Argentina, then the rest.

>Have any of you guys ever personally witnessed violence
Yes, everyone has.
>like have you seen a gang fight or anything like that?
I haven't seen anyone get killed, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities. You have to be at the right moment and time to see a car to car shooting, or seeing someone in a corner get shot. The heaviest I witnessed was hearing a massive shootout at night. Some guys got out of a car and began shooting at this dude more than a 100 rounds. After waking up I read about the homicide on the news.
>Is the fact that your country suffers a lot of violent crime really clearly visible to you?
It's visible to anyone because of the news. Everyday at least one person gets killed.

Con 1 de cada 3 homicidios en el planeta, América Latina se ha transformado progresivamente en la región más violenta. Se estima que las víctimas totales a partir del ingreso al nuevo milenio ascienden aproximadamente a 2,7 millones, registrando actualmente una media de 21,5 homicidios por cada 100 mil habitantes, más del doble del segundo promedio regional más alto a cargo de Africa subsahariana. Solo Brasil, Colombia, México y Venezuela son responsables de 1 de cada 4 homicidios en todo el mundo. América Latina es también el hogar de cuarenta de las cincuenta ciudades más peligrosas.
De acuerdo con estimativos correspondientes al año 2017, Venezuela lidera el ranking con 89 homicidios por cada 100 mil habitantes, con cerca del 20% de las muertes en manos de las fuerzas de seguridad. Aunque El Salvador ocupa el segundo lugar con 60 homicidios por cada 100 mil habitantes, los registros oficiales sugieren una considerable disminución con respecto al año 2016, cuando los 80 homicidios por 100 cada mil habitantes lo ubicaron en el tope del ranking regional. Jamaica, por su parte, completa el podio con una tasa de 55,7 homicidios, marcando un incremento interanual del 20%.
¿Dónde se ubica nuestro país con respeto a la región? A pesar de contar con una población altamente preocupada por el crimen, Argentina cuenta con la segunda tasa de homicidios más baja de América Latina, ubicada únicamente detrás de Chile, país que cuenta con tan solo 3,3 homicidios cada 100 mil habitantes.

Attached: download-14-1-592x650.png (592x650, 183K)

>Argentina cuenta con la segunda tasa de homicidios más baja de América Latina, ubicada únicamente detrás de Chile, país que cuenta con tan solo 3,3 homicidios cada 100 mil habitantes.
Old Data

Attached: Tasa de homicidios.jpg (1024x760, 92K)

En 2017, en nuestro país se registró una tasa de 5,2 homicidios, una cifra considerablemente menor a los 6 y 6,6 homicidios cada 100 habitantes correspondientes a 2016 y 2015 respectivamente. No menos significativo, principalmente por la reversión de la tendencia al alza a partir de 2006, es el descenso progresivo de los delitos contra la propiedad. Según los últimos datos oficiales, la tasa pasó de 1.999 hechos cada 100 mil habitantes en 2015, a 1.942 en 2016 y 1.828 en 2017.
Aunque todavía incipientes, los datos objetivos de la inseguridad en Argentina indican una tendencia a la baja durante los últimos años. Tanto los delitos contra las personas, especialmente los homicidios dolosos, como los delitos contra la propiedad, han disminuido progresivamente desde la victoria de Cambiemos en 2015. Desde el gobierno nacional atribuyen los avances en la materia a un mejor diagnóstico, una mayor efectividad en los organismos encargados de la inteligencia criminal, y un policiamiento más dinámico y descentralizado del territorio argentino. En términos presupuestarios, sin embargo, los esfuerzos del Gobierno no han sido acompañados por un incremento en las partidas de seguridad. Al contrario, las erogaciones en esta área han disminuido gradualmente, pasando de un 2,95% del presupuesto general en 2015 a un 2,52% en 2018.

Attached: 1549173657715.png (446x649, 221K)

>1 de cada 3 homicidios en el planeta

wew lad

Los últimos datos disponibles, en definitiva, confirman que Argentina ha escapado a la ola de violencia característica de muchos países de la región. Pero la relativa estabilización de los principales índices del delito no ha obstaculizado los esfuerzos recurrentes del gobierno nacional por avanzar en iniciativas más agresivas contra la inseguridad. A pesar de que la experiencia comparada a nivel internacional indica que las estrategias de mano dura han fracasado, propuestas como la deportación de extranjeros, la disminución de la edad de imputabilidad o incluso el involucramiento de las Fuerzas Armadas en asuntos de seguridad interior siguen tomando impulso dentro del Gobierno. Frente a este escenario, resulta imprescindible avanzar en estrategias integradoras que permitan afrontar amenazas más difusas, pero vinculadas con el delito, como la deserción escolar, la distribución inequitativa del ingreso, el crecimiento urbano acelerado y la descomposición de los contextos de socialización como el barrio y la familia.

*Ph D. Departamento de Ciencias Sociales, Jurídicas y Económicas. Universidad Nacional de La Rioja.

Sebastian Cutrona*

Attached: 800px-LatinAmericaViolence.svg.png (800x504, 199K)

I've walked with my phone out in danger zones at night many times and never been mugged, I think people shouldn't fear walking in the streets, that's what breeds criminals.

No, you. Mine has 2018 figures. Look at the *

i live in a shithole neighborhood and have never witnessed any of that shit
but then again i barely get out of the house

Attached: xatu.jpg (740x642, 276K)

Pero ESE mapa si es viejo, de 2016

where you from?

Nice try, Batman. Here's your (You).

Attached: batman.jpg (595x445, 39K)

Where did you see people shitting? Are you from North India? Were the people doing it in farms/forest, etc or in open places like beaches?
Genuinely curious because I've never seen something like that before and before coming to this site I didn't even know this was a thing.
t. Mallu

I saw a college being robbed, it was more like a hit an run, when I was 12.
A guy passed on a bicycle and caught his cap with a slap and than runned away.
Actually, It was quite funny.

But I live in one of the safest states of Brazil and my city is also pretty chill.

Don't be such a deluded retard, you know that criminals get back on the streets after a few days.

That map is wrong. Mexico's rate was 23.1 in 2018
And Brazil's is 30+ something.

can you even read choroy?

Well let's see. All this happened on Torreon, Coahuila btw, so 's map is horseshit.

-I could hear when the Juanas shooting incident happened and thought it was the water tank acting up. You can look for that shooting aftermath on a gore site I'm sure

-Some years ago a brother's friend jumped out our front gate and begged from us to let him in since there were people following him. For what reason I dunno but I remember being nervous all that night and playing DS to calm myself up

-There used to be drug dealers living on my same block, but when the army and navy came to the city they abandoned the house. Apparently, some rival gang didn't get the memo cuz they went to the block and even mistook the house for a grade school friend's one. They didn't kill anyone inside, but set the house on fire regardless with everyone there still. Now they have the whole front gate sealed up.

-My two elder brothers have been mugged three times. One of his ipod on two dudes on a motorcycle, another of his ipad and money he was gonna deposit, and the third time was his truck parked outside our house. Now we have cameras installed.

-A bit more than a year ago a gardnerer and a house maid from a home nearby were tied up and shot point blank on their heads. Didn't hear that one.

-Numerous small incidents, like a neighbor's house getting robbed, a neighbor apparently being mugged at gunpont and she screamed to ward off the robbers (lol lying bitch), and times when you think it's either fireworks or gunshots what you hear outside.

And that's all I can recall ATM. No wonder this shithole was one of the 10 most dangerous cities for a brief time. That said, there's a lot of gay bars and Amazon deliver quickly due to a distribution center being 3 hours away, so I have no need to jump the border....yet,

I'm white and American but saw a guy get shot in a motorcycle drive-by behind my apartment in Mexico City--pic related.

I've actually seen a lot more violence in India and Turkey, although most such incidents didn't end in death.

Attached: cg.jpg (720x960, 78K)

One state being relatively peaceful doesn't mean all of the cities are.

Mexicali and other BC cities are quite peaceful, but Tijuana is the murderous shithole bringing the whole state's average up.

How's Ensenada? I read it's relatively peaceful too