Would you take a full scholarship for a masters degree overseas at 30 years old?

Would you take a full scholarship for a masters degree overseas at 30 years old?

strawpoll.me/17432859

Attached: 1491091187916.png (350x338, 65K)

Why are you hesitant?

Yeah why the fuck not? Someone is offering to pay for it.

literally why not

yes unless in some shit hole country

Yes? I started my master's when I was a few months shy of 27 and am several years into a PhD. Unless you live in a particularly conservative society, there's nothing unusual about going to grad school in your late twenties.

Where?

Why exactly does age play a role in continued higher education? Do you think your brain starts losing it's ability to learn at 25? If you have the time and no family responsibilities go for it.

What university?

Do you already have a job and where were you educated? Employers might not like old graduates.

There’s nothing wrong with a 30 yr old in grad school. Even in undergrad nobody would care.

Grad school isn't even a thing here. I have two BAs (cus it's free)

China

Tómalo. En serio. Tómalo.

nigga 30 isnt even fucking old
ESPECIALLY not for grad school

>China
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: A6D1D48E-C347-4179-BC36-EFF003479944.jpg (1024x1024, 82K)

It's assigned according to the area

Thanks

What's with China?

>China
never fucking mind i take it all back
wouldnt do it for a million dollars

Attached: 1543042883152.png (735x720, 313K)

But why?

Anyways I'm considering whether to go for a masters or a semester/year program of chinese language. Both possibilites exist

Go to China, OP. As long as you don't mind being in a novel and possibly uncomfortable environment, the least you'll get is a new perspective. I lived in India for several years; doing so enabled me to pursue my research interests in ways I'd never have imagined if I'd stayed in the States.

Only basement-dwelling autists wouldn't take the opportunity, especially if you've nothing else to do in Argentina. The worst that happens is you get to chill in China for free for a couple years, banging chink girls and making money by being the token white guy at some gook bar.

Don't mind the Chinaphobic anglos, China is nice for studying, and you can either come back, stay there or go anywhere else. Take the opportunity.

If I were you, I'd consider the reputability of the program and whether you've better alternatives in Argentina or abroad. When I was applying for graduate programs, I was encouraged to explore possibilities for my master's but stick with the States or Western Europe for a PhD.

Is a master's degree from a Chinese university going to enhance your academic profile or employability? Frankly, I'm not familiar with Chinese education and can't make a judgment either way. That's a question you might want to explore before making a choice. But I'd definitely do the semester or year abroad if the master's isn't viable or worthwhile.

I found out my transfer application for uc berkeley got accepted and im 31 years old. Do you think age is going to stop me from going there when I was a full time student/working 10 hours?

>china
maybe I wouldnt then, unless you

I honestly don't see how China can't be so chaotic, even the less in an university. I know the country has accidents and other stuff but haven't seen any kind of problem with the universities

Besides I'm fluent in mandarin (the program will be in chinese, I have the required certifications) and very familiar with chinese culture and people, I don't see the problem

Argentinian education is going downhill and you must pay a lot in post graduate programs. Plus they have zero value here, it's literally studying for a piece of cardboard. I'm considering leaving Argentina anyways

> Do you think age is going to stop me from going there when I was a full time student/working 10 hours?
No. And congratulations user, I'm glad you're doing it

You're probably fine, then. The only reservation I would have regards ranking, accreditation and affiliation. Is your degree going to be valid or accepted in Argentina or wherever else you'd like to work? If you intend to apply for doctoral programs, will it help your application or have no impact?

If I were you, I'd evaluate my options and either take the opportunity or do a year-long language exchange. Definitely one or the other, especially if your living expenses are covered by the scholarship. Plus, if you're fluent in Mandarin, you'll probably get treated well and stand out in ways you wouldn't in Argentina.

Don't listen to morons who base their opinions off memes.

> The only reservation I would have regards ranking, accreditation and affiliation.
No such thing here. Come with the shittiest degree from an english university = get dick sucked

>Is your degree going to be valid or accepted in Argentina
Yes, no problem with that

Everybody tells me to do it. But age really sets me back, it's basically my only concern, I feel like I should be working rather than studying. Thanks m8

You're ok, once you finish it you'll have job in no time.

No worries.

The only barrier your age might pose is cultural. Here in the States, it's completely normal to go to graduate school in your mid-twenties or early thirties. You might get odd looks from folks in countries like India, who tend to regard an ideal education as one without breaks and leading directly to the workforce, but it won't otherwise matter.

Getting a master's will (hopefully) make you more competitive for better-paying jobs. And if you're studying in China, you'll get to spend a couple years in a place you find interesting. If accreditation isn't a barrier, then I can't think of what else may be.

Many of my friends are your age or older and are in medical school or PhD programs. If anything, I think going to grad school when you're a little older gives you a better perspective and more motivation to succeed.

Do it. Faggot

Whats your race, its pretty fun for wypipo to live in Asia

White (srsly)