Link

Holy Shit. I've just become a Linker after almost two years. I've been active in researching smart contracts a long time, and the off chain data issue bugging me for a very long time. then I slowly came to realise Link, and a few other quiet coins are the ONLY way projects like Ethereum or any top coin can deliver on its imaginative usecases. Nobody seems to talk about this. Even Vitalik is silent. is this what they big projects don't want you to know?

I became a Linker all on my own. I'm resisting the urge to become stinky and buy.

Attached: 33333333.jpg (816x816, 182K)

No, you didn't.

What are you talking about? All that information is out there on the normal internet.
You just need to connect the dots.

welcome to the cult

Attached: 1518461262679.jpg (2610x1754, 504K)

>after almost two years

wat?
ICO was less than a year ago
bad shill thread

Welcome marine

Attached: 1530674653161.jpg (1024x731, 195K)

I've been active in researching smart contracts a long time, and the off chain data issue bugging me for a very long time.
>and the off chain data issue bugging me for a very long time.

kek. these larpers studying techology just to make a cent on a dollar

No pleb. i've been worried about the issue of off chain data for about two years since i begain my research into smart contracts.

I was always aware of Link due to threads on here but disregarded it as a meme. Its still a meme coin, but it has potential. maybe another off chain data project will be used, probably multiple, like angur or mobis. that is my point. we NEED these solutions. its impossible to use all of the imaginative causes that brainlets are investing into without some sort of link to the off chain information.
For some reason Ethereum foundation never even talk about it. its like they sweep it under the rug.

I connected the dots and arrive as a linker. none of the biz shilling brought me here. im sure many linkers still don't even understand the extent of smart contracts.

Your other thread was sufficient.

Some newfag falls for the link meme, what else is new

>bought link
>resisting urge to buy link

why has this place become so useless. what the fuck did you even say?

i'm not buying it, but i realise its importance. it can't even be understated how vital off chain information providers are to smart contacts. its like a compacter without the internet.. marginally useful.

Fuck knows if link is the answer but we 100% without a shadow of a doubt, need something to provide off chain information. smart contracts cannot function otherwise.

Chainlink is the solution to the problem, you gotta be absolute brainlet if you didn‘t find that in your research.

A SOLUTION. another company could make one. but yes. it is a solution, an important necessary one.

Nope, chainlink has all the needed connections, nobody else has them.

>Know how important/good it is, not buying it.

Attached: 1524715617702.png (474x711, 90K)

oh now i understand you think you became a linker without buying. no you stink all on your own. flush yourself and gtfo our project. reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

waiting for it to reach 1C first then buying a big bag

>yfw you realize that every coin&token on the market needs a trustless oracle to fulfill its promises.
>tfw Chainlink will have a 300B marketcap in 5 years time

Attached: oh.gif (480x347, 2.94M)

777 trips of truth
LINK 1000 vietnamese dong EOY

Derp. Its never going that low.

The only think i don't get is why Ethereum foundation don't build their own oracles at leas tin some iteration.

They are waiting for Link.

surely it makes more sense to have a complete internal ecosystem if possible?

>clearly did no research
>asks retard questions

so whats your endgame?

Read the EF mission statement and you will understand.

Here's a thought I had. It would be good to have a "double layered" penalty system where a node only pays a fee of say 0.5% of the staked amount so that the job creator is compensated for the downtime or whatever failure of a node. The cumulative damage of the failing nodes would cover the economic damage to the job creator. Say I hire 50 nodes to make sure my payment of 1 million goes through at certain conditions and the contract will only trigger if 40 or more oracles give data. At any higher amount of failed oracles than 10 I will get the late payment fees payed by the 10*0.5%=late payment fee for the job giver of say $10 000 per day so the 0.5% node penalty would be $1000 at least to cover that. This could repeat for 200 days before complete failure. The collective staked amount locked at a time and for an extended period of time by the nodes would be $1000*200*50= $10 000 000 total network value incentive for the nodes making malicious behavior very costly. Every node would need to stake $200 000 in this scenario. With staking locking LINK in contracts for a time, job givers demanding stake amount in $ and many jobs going on simultaneously the LINK token if come to fruition couldn't be cheaper than $1000.

By this model considering the circulating supply there'd have to be 10 000 such jobs as in the example per day with average time locks of 10 days for LINK to be $1k by necessity. That won't take years at all to reach provided NOBODY comes up with a better solution first. Deluded stink fag, give up!

Yes, let the meme energies flow through you freely, and you will make it.

Attached: hivemind.jpg (1371x924, 231K)

Glad you seen the light op. Curious, what other coins are you referring to?

Attached: 1530443681768.jpg (599x450, 52K)

anything that uses a smart contract in any way to deliver its promises or ideas.

>I'm a linker now
>I won't buy until it gets to 1c

Is this some type of weird new shill/fud hybrid?

Attached: 1525483947173.gif (720x348, 1.33M)

Reality:
- everyone just uses oraclize
- augur just released decentralized oracles with a reputation-based model, similar but better than link's.
Link is DOA

please join the stank club sir

why cant multiple be used?

There will be some number of nodes staking link as collateral but I bet there will be many that don't.

I wonder, though, if all transactions on the blockchain move value around, then it may become possible for smart contracts to require oracle's with staked value equal to either the value to be lost if the node misbehaves or some fraction proportional to the node's share of the total number of nodes used to provide the answer. In any case, if requiring collateral becomes popular, the market cap could simply reflect the amount of staked link at any point in time- which would be interesting if it had natural variations in time. E.g., what if more online purchases near Christmas time leads to more smart contract executions and more link staked?

Still, I suspect that the common case will be a smart contract that only needs one node with sgx. It's likely that most smart contracts will be for small amounts of value, such that only one sgx node is needed for trustworthiness, with the possibility of the node being maliciously turned off being accepted as part of the risk of doing business to save on costs rather than hiring two sgx nodes for redundancy. Using, e.g., two nodes instead of one would double the price to use oracles- a big problem if you use smart contracts to handle sensor data collection for delivering millions of packages).

Imagine if you could have the price you pay for oracle's but 1% of your contracts takes a few minutes longer to execute because it has to be retried after a malicious or unreliable node goes offline instead of providing data.

There are lots of domains where the data needs to be correct but not necessarily fast to arrive.

It's overpriced tho

Bad time is become a Linker. Facebook is about to take the CL code, make their own token, then have an 50% airdrop, so they can claim to be decentralized.
Wonder which oracle will used then? From Facebook or from some fat russian weirdo.

You’re right, the project doing such is called Akroma. Should check it out before stinking up your portfolio with link

Sergey is actually a genius and surprisingly normal. Notnanfatcrussian weirdo.

But yeah, the Facebook possibility is scary. I hope mainnet launches soon.

fud thread

how is that even possible

>after almost two years.

Its not.

Your post contains 0 facts.

>What makes Akroma Oracles different than Zap, Gnosis, Auger, or ChainLink?
>That’s a really big question, and we hope to answer that through many FAQs, AMAs, and blog posts.

Yeah sure ill dump link and pump my money into this.

F A T
A
T

Oh look, another pointless Link thread

I have been studying relational informatics at a graduate level and I am more certain of Chainlink as a product and a future as I am of anything. Unironically $7,000 EOY.

I can tell you didn't study finance, that's for sure.

I'll fucking kill myself if anime neets become millionaires because they invested in a stupid meme.

Believe

Attached: Selection_029.png (1179x844, 165K)

I have 75k and I refuse to read the whitepaper or anything that isnt a Jow Forums thread. Im not even really sure what it does. Something like iexec I think.

I feel bad for everyone who sold at .17 cents. I'm serious. It felt like I was stealing millions from those plebs. The weak handed shall perish

>After almost two years
This shit came out like 9 months ago I was in the ICO for fuck's sake.

Nolinkers zing themselves in ignorance.

chekd

hm?

>and a few other quiet coins are the ONLY way projects like Ethereum or any top coin can deliver
You mean like Funfair's state channels? Yeah I was pretty impressed too.

Attached: FUN_Chan5.jpg (1200x675, 145K)

All these NoLinkers should read this thread in-depth. I am comfy as a mfer with my stack jack.

Can't wait for it to be under 10 cents. gonna buy a huge fucking bag, and join the link marines. It IS the future

I just realized I haven't showered in over a week.

oh baby grab my stinky linky